Mage Class PVM Replays and Videos - Page 17 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mage Class PVM Replays and Videos

• Please log in to reply
750 replies to this topic

#401 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, those videos are awesome, a total beatdown of a supposedly hard MVP boss. iRO wiki says that Celine Kimi has 444 MDEF originally, so without MDEF piercing this cuts 73.5% from magic attacks, so almost 3/4 of the damages are gone. Even if half of the MDEF is bypassed, with 222 MDEF she still receives about 62% reduction in damage. This is a direct result of the flawed MDEF scaling in renewal, and hence why 100% MDEF piercing is needed, or at least close to 100%(90% or more). 

She's actually not that bad with 78% bypass (card combo + +9 obmh).

No comparison to 100% but still totally easy and doable.

#402 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:36 AM

She's actually not that bad with 78% bypass (card combo + +9 obmh).

No comparison to 100% but still totally easy and doable.

Yeah, at 78% it will be doable of course, but that still wont change the fact that Renewals MDEF scaling is flawed. :D

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 28 June 2017 - 10:37 AM.

#403 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, at 78% it will be doable of course, but that still wont change the fact that Renewals MDEF scaling is flawed. :D

I never said MDef scaling (when compared to Def scaling) isn't.

I just disagree with "you need 90%+ MDef bypass for Kimi". :P

There still is quite a substancial ammount of difference between 78% and 90% and 78% already works quite well.

#404 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

I see. Yeah, its actually good to know that its good enough already at 78% MDEF bypass. It will be like having a +9 OBMH and the Nightmare Mimic/Nightmare Arclouse combo. My OBMH is at +12, so its about 84% which is significantly better. 90% will be like, a +15 OBMH, which I dont think many ppls have it at all. For the nature of iRO refinement system, +9 OBMH is what an average sorcerer and warlock(without La'Cryma Set) can hope to get, so most end up with 78% MDEF bypass.

#405 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Sorcs can't use OBMH.

To "make up" for that they get a retardedly good boost from Runaway Magic procs.

#406 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

sorcs skills power simply at least double from having RM procd, wich in most cases unless mdef is a heavy issue will lead them to outdamage most other magic classes, can even compete to telekinesis SE dps wise.

#407 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot that Sorcerers cant use OBMH, I must have confused it with Hero Magic Coat, which can be put on both Warlocks and Sorcerers. But anyway, the fact that Sorcerers can recover SP with their skills is pretty neat for this class, guess thats the reason why they benefit from Runaway Magic? Warlocks have Soul Drain, but it only activates when a monster is killed by single target spells. For this reason, Runaway Magic is actually a hindrance for warlocks. Its not very useful if it doesnt activate, but if it activates too frequently we run out of SP quickly in an MVP boss fight. I've sold my +12 Temporal Int Boots Spell 5 Run Away Magic, after purchasing a +12 Temporal Int Boots[1] and inserted a Nightmare Verit Card. Its been working out a lot better for me than the unslotted version with Runaway Magic.

#408 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

No, they benefit the most from Runaway Magic because INT is a variable within their skill formulas.

[{Base_Damage + (INT × 3)} × (BaseLv ÷ 100)]%

Int from RM will increase both the matk and the skill multiplier. At an average gear and level a RM proc will likely triple most of your spells dmg.

#409 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

I see, thx for the info. I never played Sorcerer myself, but its nice to get to know about this class since if I somehow persuade my gf to play this game, I will make her play Sorcerer. In this case, I will be sure to check more information about Sorcerer. Its a pity though that warlocks dont have skills in which INT plays a major role like Sorcerer's skills.

#410 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:45 PM

SE does

#411 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Well INT is in the formula of Soul Expansion, but is it a major factor like INT is for Sorcerer's Diamond Dust and Psychic Wave?

#412 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

it represents like 20~40% (40 with rm) of SE dmg

#413 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Zayaan's videos are too OP. XD

I think Celine Kimi is barely doable with a normal warlock with only 78% MDEF bypass. I remember doing it myself and being frustrated enough to not do NTF again until Pororoca Shoes was released (though I admit that the fact that it was the first time had a big negative impact on my experience at the time, still, after watching Kubi's video I still thought that the damage was quite frustrating). Maybe it's more than simply "barely" now that we have both Flattery Robe and Mob Scarf, but the impact made by only 22% of her MDEF is ridiculous.

#414 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:32 AM

First time doing GMT using a warlock, how do i improve my damage? im using +13 Gsod, +12 KK RBH, Mob, +9 TB int RM

Edited by Shachi, 29 June 2017 - 02:40 AM.

#415 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:49 AM

Switch your KK card in top headgears to green lichtern for further soul expansion damage, and sunglasses/glasses carded with green lichtern too :P

or

Vesper and FBH carded temporal int/dex boots if you're drop dead rich like Zayaan, Haseo or Yahoulin :p_idea:

Pair of good accessories with highest MATK% that you can afford carded with Elvira :p_smile:

btw what is RBH? :hmm:  I know RPB though

Edited by DataDrain, 29 June 2017 - 02:51 AM.

#416 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:03 AM

Switch your KK card in top headgears to green lichtern for further soul expansion damage, and sunglasses/glasses carded with green lichtern too :P

or

Vesper and FBH carded temporal int/dex boots if you're drop dead rich like Zayaan, Haseo or Yahoulin :p_idea:

Pair of good accessories with highest MATK% that you can afford carded with Elvira :p_smile:

btw what is RBH? :hmm:  I know RPB though

oh sorry, it was RPB :D 

MVP cards are kinda rare in thor tho. My accessories are RWC pendant carded with elvira. My guildmate told me NIghtmare verit is better than RM spell Temp Int, is it true? provided that i already have 357 + 1326 matk. Sorry for the questions, warlock is new to me :D Thanks for the Advice Mr. DataDrain:D

#417 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

RM gives more damage but it's proc based, N.Verit is a consistent lesser boost.

#418 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

oh sorry, it was RPB :D 

MVP cards are kinda rare in thor tho. My accessories are RWC pendant carded with elvira. My guildmate told me NIghtmare verit is better than RM spell Temp Int, is it true? provided that i already have 357 + 1326 matk. Sorry for the questions, warlock is new to me :D Thanks for the Advice Mr. DataDrain:D

comparing RM temp boots with nightmare verit temp boots it's like comparing constant mild boost (Nightmare Verit) vs proc rate massive boost (RM) like mentioned by Mr. Ash above. :heh:

btw +7 pororoca shoes when worn alone is similar to nightmare verit card effects, it's only missing the temp boots natural effect like the fixed cast time cuts from temp dex or flat matk boost from temp. int boots.

Btw you can switch your RPB with zaha doll hat if you desire more damage than RPB, but again it's constant boost vs proc rate massive boost.

I think for soul expansion usage which is easily spammable on most warlock, you can gain more advantage by wearing the proc massive boost gears than the constant boost gears because it's easier to proc things. :p_smile:

#419 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:38 AM

Hey, nice editing skills. The title and that bear face were very cool.

YELLOW Lichtern. The green one boosts earth magic. Also, try to get an Ordinary Black Magician Hat if they're available in Thor (looks like it's very difficult to find them in Chaos nowadays), because they will bypass some of her MDEF, thus boosting the damage.

Btw you can switch your RPB with zaha doll hat if you desire more damage than RPB, but again it's constant boost vs proc rate massive boost.

I think for soul expansion usage which is easily spammable on most warlock, you can gain more advantage by wearing the proc massive boost gears than the constant boost gears because it's easier to proc things. :p_smile:

WLs kinda rely on Firewall to proc these effects, as they can't chain many different multi-hit spells, like sorc, so RM boots and Zaha Doll hat are in general a bit worse on them, but still good options. For Fenrir I'd use an OBMH, though.

#420 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:05 AM

use VFW

#421 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

While fighting Fenrir i use OBMH since the constant dmg increase while casting SE usually helps me more than Zaha proc, while fighting Kimi is another story tho, Zaha works wonders there haha, while fighting mvps with SE i usually use either RM or Pororoca shoes, RM seems to trigger quite often when i use it so seems worth the risk

#422 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

YELLOW Lichtern.

Maybe some volunteer could help switching iROwiki page for green lichtern card description with the Yellow lichtern card

I saw ragial description and yellow one that boost ghost instead of green. Though I prefer the other way around, because ghost affinity to green color and most earth magic colored in yellow-brownish thingy :heh:

a bit OOT, Slimy green ghost wants to say hello :heh:

Slimer.jpeg

#423 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

thanks for your all your input, i got one OBMH, these HGs are rare in thor :o  so yellow lichtern card it is then, how about on my sunglasses? im using weakened fenrir, should i switch to yellow lichtern too? 

:thx:

Hey, nice editing skills. The title and that bear face were very cool.

Thanks Mr. Kusa, Bear-kun is the best.

#424 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Because I saw a lot of (High) Wizards trying to level at Harpy with Storm Gust:

My gears (weapon and shield mostly, the FAW is totally replaceable there) are a bit overkill, so I use lvl 3 Heaven's Drive. xD

Edited by kubikyuu, 30 June 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#425 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:58 AM

First time trying to see how far I get. Normally I only do Golden Thief Bug and Mistress.
Includes non-optimal gear use (which is why they are not shown), some derps, one lag-death and deaths I am fully responsible for.
Fallen Bishop was a fail, I had no idea how to approach him or what armor to use and stopped after dieing to him, which is why the video stops when I reach Floor 80.
Cenia was terrible, I definetly need a different gear setup for her.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users