#26 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like I shouldn't max out my warlock first, but my geneticist(s, but that I guess needs to go in the other section.

Or max both, since you already spend a bit kp on your WL, why not just spend a bit kp for your gene. You get to play your desired character and a stable ingame  based income.

#27 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Server:iRO Ymir [Loki forever!]

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:15 PM

Or max both, since you already spend a bit kp on your WL, why not just spend a bit kp for your gene. You get to play your desired character and a stable ingame  based income.

The bomber or the potter? =D

#28 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:24 PM

On a pvm perspective, no :v

At least he acts and talks like he is.

:p_laugh:  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

Who are they, then?

#29 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

Sounds like I shouldn't max out my warlock first, but my geneticist(s, but that I guess needs to go in the other section.

These are simply suggestions by other players, and by no means does it mean it is the correct path you must follow. You choose your own destiny in this game, if being in the body of a Warlock suits you better then all other classes, posts about suggesting which other class you should play to supplement the Warlock is invalid as far as anyone else is concerned.

#30 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:51 PM

At least he acts and talks like he is.

:p_laugh:  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

Who are they, then?

lmao, when i 'praise' someone on internet, if there is no positive swear word in the same sentences, it is the opposite of said praise.

#31 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

lol

#32 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

OK so SoD (red eruma), CoD (KK), diabolus robe (??), Nidhoggur's (raydric), temporal int boots [will go with dex when I have 120], orlean's glove (scaraba), diabolus ring (??). This is what I have right now. I'll get a +9 FAW (raydric; spell 17+) and ordinary mage hat (KK) when I can afford them. Should I bother getting the rest of the crimson set for leveling?

#33 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Should I bother getting the rest of the crimson set for leveling?

You'll eventually start doing the bounty boards in El Dicaste for Scarabas level 1 and 2, that is if you like eden merit badges and would need to complete the whole bounty at once.  You can one-shot the Level 1 Scarabas with the full crimson set.  Specifically, you'll need double entomic +4 crimson staff. 

Since you're tight on money and the FAW should be your #1 priority, dont bother enchanting or overupgrading anything as it wont make a difference really.

it's not recommended to use the 2-handed set in Level 2 dungeon.  You'll most likely not 1-shot anything without an empowered crimson staff set.  And  Instead, I'd suggest the TSOD +7 set and marry a linker slave for Kaahi.  But again, you're tight on zeny and I don't know your what gears you have in storage.

edit:  If you want a crimson staff, i have 1 floating in storage.  In fact I can give u the whole set for free.

Edited by cory, 04 May 2016 - 10:36 AM.

#34 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

I know maybe this would sound super cheap but, Frogg Hat add 12% more dmg toward insect and is for free, of course if you have OBMH that is not important, but for free gear is super easy to get and, well you get the point.

#35 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

Wow I'd love a free crimson set. If you are in game now I am available.

#36 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

I know maybe this would sound super cheap but, Frogg Hat add 12% more dmg toward insect and is for free, of course if you have OBMH that is not important, but for free gear is super easy to get and, well you get the point.

Indeed that is a good gear if your going scaraba.

#37 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

CoD (KK), diabolus robe (??) [...] I'll get a [...] ordinary mage hat (KK) when I can afford them. Should I bother getting the rest of the crimson set for leveling?

I'd sell my CoD and get an OBMH and a Robo Eyes with the change. Well... maybe not now... CoDs are very cheap now that they are in the Lucky Box (or past Lucky Box, I don't know).

You'll eventually start doing the bounty boards in El Dicaste for Scarabas level 1 and 2, that is if you like eden merit badges and would need to complete the whole bounty at once.  You can one-shot the Level 1 Scarabas with the full crimson set.  Specifically, you'll need double entomic +4 crimson staff. 

Since you're tight on money and the FAW should be your #1 priority, dont bother enchanting or overupgrading anything as it wont make a difference really.

it's not recommended to use the 2-handed set in Level 2 dungeon.  You'll most likely not 1-shot anything without an empowered crimson staff set.  And  Instead, I'd suggest the TSOD +7 set and marry a linker slave for Kaahi.  But again, you're tight on zeny and I don't know your what gears you have in storage.

edit:  If you want a crimson staff, i have 1 floating in storage.  In fact I can give u the whole set for free.

I don't think the crimsom set is really useful there. I could one-shot the mobs at level 2 without it, though I had better gears than what she has now (+9 TSoD Spell 3/4, +7 Skull Cap, Alchemy Gloves [Scaraba], Spell 17 FAW, Bradium Shield with Bigfoot that REALLY helped in not getting killed). Alchemy Gloves (or Alchemist Gloves, not sure right now) are VERY cheap (20-30 K), and will help you a lot when leveling in Scaraba. They increase the damage with fire property spells by 10%. As a negative effect, they can cast fireball when you deal magic damage. Sometimes it can take away your amplify. Also, they can only be used when you are base level 130+.

Hey, I didn't know about this hat.  :p_swt: How can I get it?

Edited by Kusanagisama, 04 May 2016 - 11:21 AM.

#38 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

I've never heard of frogg hat either :p_omg:

#39 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

IIRC, I experimented with everything when I was 130 and found that 2-shotting released CrR w/o AMP is the most practical way to level there (if you have Kaahi Linker).  Had TSOD +7 set, alchemy glove, orleans glove of mad witch.  You're better off not using MA.

I also switched to crimson set for the Level 1 mobs.  

Once you're done, Go to the Gramps TI  and find a party tocomplete it.  Then use Bmx3 to TI gramps and bounty board in El Dicaste.  BAM thats a crapload of EXP.  THen head back to Scaraba dungeon to repeat with the BMX3 on!

#40 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Given the difference in cost of a CoD (even +9) and a KK card, would it be more cost efficient to de-slot my CoD to recover the KK card if/when I can get an ordinary mage hat?

#41 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

IIRC, I experimented with everything when I was 130 and found that 2-shotting released CrR w/o AMP is the most practical way to level there (if you have Kaahi Linker).  Had TSOD +7 set, alchemy glove, orleans glove of mad witch.  You're better off not using MA.

...unless another mob pops-up when you're killing the first group, and you run out of stored crimson rocks to shot. This happened so often that I felt it was a must to one-shot them, and got a Crimson set. Didn't like it, though, because amp was required and the casting time increase with the lack of a shield put me in bad situations so many times. Specially because I didn't have firewall, and safety wall ran out very quickly.

Given the difference in cost of a CoD (even +9) and a KK card, would it be more cost efficient to de-slot my CoD to recover the KK card if/when I can get an ordinary mage hat?

CoD has a very decent demand, so normally you can sell your +9 CoD with KK card for about the same price of the two separate items. This should amount to a total of 400 M, but I'm not sure about the price right now, because of lucky boxes AND hammer, so the price of the crown must have dropped significantly, but the same applies for the OMBH, which is a way cheaper hat from the start (5 M for a +0, against 20 M for a +0 CoD). The problem is that it's likely that you won't be able to make the deal quickly, unless you can trade them directly.

#42 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:19 AM

OK so SoD (red eruma), CoD (KK), diabolus robe (??), Nidhoggur's (raydric), temporal int boots [will go with dex when I have 120], orlean's glove (scaraba), diabolus ring (??). This is what I have right now. I'll get a +9 FAW (raydric; spell 17+) and ordinary mage hat (KK) when I can afford them. Should I bother getting the rest of the crimson set for leveling?

1) ordinairy black magic hat ( whatever refine you can afford + red lichern card, cheap and effective ( 60m for +7 ) or cod +7 with red lichtern card ( lesser dmg but mroe cast speed )

2) robo eyes ( cheap and effective ) 30m

3) ninja scroll 20m

4) sod +9 spell4/4 ( or as close as you can get towards it ), lower spell versions will go for cheap 100m ( any other weapon then sod, is -_-. Don't even bother )

5) faw +17 or higher with raydric card ( only way to go, dont get anything else ) 550m

6) 2x alchemist gloves with scarab cards ( 4m ) 20% fire dmg increase, nothing beats it

7) hero magic coat ( at 160 ), below that? orlean grown + agav card in both ( last option is 30m max )

8) temp dex boots lucky day spell5 ( don't need lucky day specifically, as it's mostly useless anyway )

9) get the free shadow set from those bugs in city's.

Total cost: 824m

Sell.

Magical shadow items = 50m

Spellflow set = 100m

Cod +9 kk card = 380m

total cost now = 294m

Wan't to reduce the cost further?

Get dex boots without any enchant on it 40m, don't get agav card =  60m discount, get a lower version of sod is probably another 50m discount.

Total cost then 184m

stat points:

120 dex ( first most important stat )

100 int ( later 120 int )

40 vit ( increase towards your liking

30 agi ( increase towards your liking )

Skills:

job lvl 30 requirement minimum

1) crimson rock lvl 5

2) recognized spell lvl 1

3) radius lvl 3

4) jack frost lvl 1

5) chain lightning lvl 1

6) earth strain lvl 1

From that point on, you will want to max jack frost first to level 5, reason = bigger aoe = easier to control monsters when farming up.

1) jack frost lvl 5

2) chain lighthing lvl 5

3) drain life upgrade if you like to heal yourself up that way, or just get comet

Output:

1x obmh + red lichtern card = 20% fire dmg increase on +7 already

2x alchemist gloves = 20% fire dmg increase

vct output = 30/20/10/30= 90% variable casting,

Some more advice:

1) Get pecopeco hairband ( 20m ), and switch it with while farming monsters up, the running speed makes it far more easier to farm monsters up, switch when you are going to do dmg. Easy with hotkeys. It's basically a permanent priest run speed buff. 

2) warlock without gear and the right spec doesn't only do just lesser dmg, it totally sucks. Don't even bother playing it.

The reason for this is because devs decided to exclude gear that is heavily needed to push dmg forwards for warlock, so your main focus is going to be dmg with a decent amount of vct to make it work.

3) get a soul linker and marry it towards your warlock, wizard spirit skill will give you no gem usage on any of your skills, and khaasi ro whatever its called. lvl 3/4 is enough to make you immortal.

4) get drain life lvl 5 for leveling, if you don't like to use healing clip or potions or have a bishop slave behind you if you can dual client.

5) don't ever use reading spellbook unless you want to kill the monsters off with it for some last dmg,  because the dmg is absolutely -_- tier as you can't amp your casts, and spellbook in general is annoying to use. Just cast your stuff out. With 120 dex and temp boots + the vct from gear + radius lvl 3, everything will be near instant anyway.

6) sod jupiter thunder effect can unstuck your jack frost monsters because of server delay, use stormgust level 1 to freeze the left overs in place if you can't avoid all the dmg.

7) comet is hardly ever used here, reason for that is because if a monster can't get dmg from any other elements then neutral you are in the wrong place to start with.

most important:

8) have fun playing the most fun class in ragnarok when geared :D.

No, sell it for 380m

I've never heard of frogg hat either  :p_omg:

no card slot = its crap, don't bother with it.

Edited by gatygun, 06 May 2016 - 02:40 AM.

#43 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

no card slot = its crap, don't bother with it.

Yea, I think you're better off with the OBMH defense piercing, too.

Also, I forgot if its better to Malangdo enchant a +0 staff or upgrade first, then enchant?  I gave her a new +7 SoD and forgot to add enchants.  

Well now that I think about it, its likely better to enchant first because no one wants a +7 SoD Int+3, Dex lel.

#44 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 03:17 AM

well, can someone confirm how much fixed cast time Crimson Rock has.

If 1 = irowiki is outdated. and we got patch ninja-ed

If 2 = cry to GM for the update from kRO.

edit: f wrong thread.

Edited by Kuroyukiii, 06 May 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#45 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

5) faw +17 or higher with raydric card ( only way to go, dont get anything else ) 550m

7) hero magic coat ( at 160 ), below that? orlean grown + agav card in both ( last option is 30m max )

5) He meant spell 17. Don't be scared.  :p_laugh: 
7) I still can't conclude which one is better. This one or the Diabolus Robe. I really like the -10% cast delay, even though it doesn't make a huge difference...

Sell.

Magical shadow items = 50m

Spellflow set = 100m

Can't agree with this one. You'll want to buy them again later. In the end it comes to preference, but I really can't deal with the increased casting time, though the increased SP cost won't hurt you so much.

Get dex boots without any enchant on it 40m, don't get agav card =  60m discount, get a lower version of sod is probably another 50m discount.

Actually, it's better to buy 6 Temporal Crystals (170 K each?) and make your boots in front of GH castle. You can even try your luck and slot them for an aditional 5 Temp Crystals (The success chance is about 30%, so, be warned), put a cheap Verit Card in it and it'll be very useful for quite some time. The best part about DEX boots is that you don't need to overupgrade them, since the only benefit you'll get is +100 MHP and +10 MSP per 3 upgrades.

Agav Card really makes very little difference in early game, but it will be nice to have one past level 150, as your skills damage will be maxed and these aditional 5% will sometimes be the differecen between 1-shoting or 2-shoting mobs.

Output:

1x obmh + red lichtern card = 20% fire dmg increase on +7 already

Actually, it's ~+15% on +7 (10% OMBH, 5% red lichtern - but I think they stack multiplicatively), ~+25% (10% + 5% MATK + 10% card) on +9.

Yea, I think you're better off with the OBMH defense piercing, too.

Also, I forgot if its better to Malangdo enchant a +0 staff or upgrade first, then enchant?  I gave her a new +7 SoD and forgot to add enchants.  

Well now that I think about it, its likely better to enchant first because no one wants a +7 SoD Int+3, Dex lel.

Normally Spell 3/3 SoDs are REALLY cheap. I got one for 22 M the day before yesterday (it was 12 M earlier, but i couldn't get at home on time to get it), and got it to +9 yesterday. BEST SPENT MONEY EVER. The problem is that Spell 3/3, 2/4 or 3/4 SoDs are very rare, since they're quite expensive to enchant (4 SGAs per enchant slot - That's why a +9 Spell 4/4 SoD was sold for 600 M a few days ago). So, I'd really recommend buying a Spell 6 if you ever have the chance. It won't make much of a difference (+4% VCT/-6 MATK)

On the other hand, SoDs are REALLY cheap, so i'm stocking on all SoDs up to 500 K to make a +10 with my MS. I won't even bother using hammer for them. Up to now I have 1 +8, 6 +7 and 12 or so +0. Need to stock on oridecons first. Since this hammer event I'm pretty much convinced that it's not worth spending 30 M average to get them from +7 to +9. A +7 SoD averages to less than 10 M, and a +9 won't sell for 80 M. It's way cheaper than a Safe to 10... except that MSs have double the chance to get to +10. So, my struggle will start after I hit +10 with at least one SoD. If RNGesus doesn't like you, maybe it's best to buy one, if he's neutral or favorable to you, then make it. :P

edit: f wrong thread.

I understand you, bro. :D BTW, I tried measuring yesterday with 100% VCTR and the cast was smaller than 1 sec (it's hard to get precise timings with a cell phone chronometer), so, it's 1 s FCT.

#46 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:43 AM

5) He meant spell 17. Don't be scared.  :p_laugh: 
7) I still can't conclude which one is better. This one or the Diabolus Robe. I really like the -10% cast delay, even though it doesn't make a huge difference...

Can't agree with this one. You'll want to buy them again later. In the end it comes to preference, but I really can't deal with the increased casting time, though the increased SP cost won't hurt you so much.

Actually, it's better to buy 6 Temporal Crystals (170 K each?) and make your boots in front of GH castle. You can even try your luck and slot them for an aditional 5 Temp Crystals (The success chance is about 30%, so, be warned), put a cheap Verit Card in it and it'll be very useful for quite some time. The best part about DEX boots is that you don't need to overupgrade them, since the only benefit you'll get is +100 MHP and +10 MSP per 3 upgrades.

Agav Card really makes very little difference in early game, but it will be nice to have one past level 150, as your skills damage will be maxed and these aditional 5% will sometimes be the differecen between 1-shoting or 2-shoting mobs.

Actually, it's ~+15% on +7 (10% OMBH, 5% red lichtern - but I think they stack multiplicatively), ~+25% (10% + 5% MATK + 10% card) on +9.

Normally Spell 3/3 SoDs are REALLY cheap. I got one for 22 M the day before yesterday (it was 12 M earlier, but i couldn't get at home on time to get it), and got it to +9 yesterday. BEST SPENT MONEY EVER. The problem is that Spell 3/3, 2/4 or 3/4 SoDs are very rare, since they're quite expensive to enchant (4 SGAs per enchant slot - That's why a +9 Spell 4/4 SoD was sold for 600 M a few days ago). So, I'd really recommend buying a Spell 6 if you ever have the chance. It won't make much of a difference (+4% VCT/-6 MATK)

On the other hand, SoDs are REALLY cheap, so i'm stocking on all SoDs up to 500 K to make a +10 with my MS. I won't even bother using hammer for them. Up to now I have 1 +8, 6 +7 and 12 or so +0. Need to stock on oridecons first. Since this hammer event I'm pretty much convinced that it's not worth spending 30 M average to get them from +7 to +9. A +7 SoD averages to less than 10 M, and a +9 won't sell for 80 M. It's way cheaper than a Safe to 10... except that MSs have double the chance to get to +10. So, my struggle will start after I hit +10 with at least one SoD. If RNGesus doesn't like you, maybe it's best to buy one, if he's neutral or favorable to you, then make it. :P

I understand you, bro. :D BTW, I tried measuring yesterday with 100% VCTR and the cast was smaller than 1 sec (it's hard to get precise timings with a cell phone chronometer), so, it's 1 s FCT.

OMG, so that mean, wiki is outdated and since when it became 1 sec. When i first make my WL in 2012 i tested all skill and hate all the long cast time then went for release comet and never bother to try other skill again. Good to hear the 1 sec fix cast, so, just need that costume to achieve real instant cast.

So, which other WL skill has 1 sec fixed cast?

#47 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

Any percent modifiers (Red Lichtern, OBMH etc) only stack additive.

Racial modifers are multiplied.

So Modifiers (Lichtern + Faw+etc)  * Racial * Mystical Amplication = your total modifiers.

#48 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:50 AM

@ Kuroyukii

This is as accurate as you will get  

Warlock Formulas (Post-Balance 2011)

https://docs.google....bZrdM7IcbfcVR9U

#49 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:11 AM

Red Lichterns offers a different bonus from matk. It's multiplicatively.

MATK % calculations is just as ATK % calculations, just the game lacked a lot of multiplicators until very recently.

MATK% is equivalent to ATK%
Magic damage against X race(FBH, Zakudam,etc) = Racial Cards
Magic damage against X element(Basis Shadow Armor, Windy Shadow Armor,etc) = Element cards
Magic damage with X element( Elviras) = Ranged %
Damage with skills is the same for both

#50 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

Red Lichterns offers a different bonus from matk. It's multiplicatively.

MATK % calculations is just as ATK % calculations, just the game lacked a lot of multiplicators until very recently.

MATK% is equivalent to ATK%
Magic damage against X race(FBH, Zakudam,etc) = Racial Cards
Magic damage against X element(Basis Shadow Armor, Windy Shadow Armor,etc) = Element cards
Magic damage with X element( Elviras) = Ranged %
Damage with skills is the same for both

Red Lichtern's 10% fire damage is categorized as [with X element]. Ok.  

But its additive to that category....the same category as Agav card, KK, FAW, etc.  Kusana thought that an Agav card 5% is multiplied with other MATK% modifiers.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users