I got a 175 DB RK and this is my fun char IB/Crit Baby Rune (she's 108)
Violet Fear FS5
Luk Boots BP/FS7
The rest are just normal eq, not slotted and such.
Image on the left is with fire converters and image on the right is without. I only use Eden buff for this. As you can see my stats are weaker in terms of str since this is mostly a crit based RK. But wearing that black ribbon and fire converters does make a difference.
1. Alternative for SP Leeching - at lvl 120 you get access to the Thanatos Weapon Series which gives SP leech, also Incubus pet at any lvl. A +9 Vana is definitely better for SP leech than a +9 RWH.
2. This week TI is fire element. Okay, just don't endow it with fire then, endow it with water instead. Its like when I face water monsters on a DB RK and i have to use a Fire DB on it cause I can't use water. You have the option to make it neutral.
3. I have a friend who's a 175 Physical RK and yeah DB probably does more dmg than him. But then, his RK is more fun to play. IB+Sonic Wave+Crushing Strike and auto attack crits with frenzy. And really, he can hit Valk, I can't
100% dmg at 11x11 is still decent. Its just that you have to be in the middle of it. Its the same with RC and Axe Tornado. But yeah, swordsman class smack in the middle of monsters, just how I like it. Its different than my DB RK that I have to run and kite since lower hp = lower dmg.
Anyway 55sp (IB) vs 75sp (DB), yeah I get it. You run out of sp really quick. You can't get around this except more sp leech and sp items.
But cons of playing a physical RK, definitely.
1. Too much job lvl to get IB
2. Lower dmg compare to DB RK, but hey. Its more fun to watch crits coming out from autoattacks and using multiple skills than spamming a single button like DB or AS.
Sadly, Fun does not means it has to be OP. OP is just too cookie cutter build.
Edited by yamasakai90, 21 May 2016 - 09:27 PM.