Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 14 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#326 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Spoiler : KamiKali

Spoiler : aznspikey

So far, the 2 posts above are the only ones that I found worth reading and relevant to the purpose of this thread.

We take all player feedback on the forums we do listen to you, and I understand that some of you are disappointed that the set didn't go in. What I would like is to discuss what gear needs to be made to bridge that gap between Poring Card and MVP Card.

What effects do you want to see in future updates or item mall items?
What do you need to grow as a character?
How would you suggest this item be obtained?

For example: Something we may suggest to the studio:

Card
Drops from the Knight in Geffen Magic Tournament 
Effect. 3% Chance while attacking to Penetrate DEF at 100% for 3 seconds.

So please let us know what all players need to make the game more fun, obviously we can't promise that any or all suggestions can be made but we most certainly want to hear what you have to say.

#327 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

Um, no. I am pretty sure all of my arguments have been about the game as a whole. The only time I mentioned wanderer was 100% joke, long before I felt like actually weighing in on this topic. Please don't devalue my opinions with such rhetoric.

Its because you say that tutu thing. That's usually why I ignore what you write, anyways :v

Please don't devalue and ignore my opinions and or comments with such rhetoric just because of tu tu ru. 

tu tu ru is my catch phrase, if you cant by pass that catch phrase and reply back to me ill just assume you dont want to have a discussion and or take me serious. You want me to believe that somethings you say is 100% joke and to not devalue your opinions then ill ask the same for you. The ball is in your court.

Tu tu ru

#328 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:21 PM

They say that WOE is not fun anymore and they say that most players are tending to be more on PVM rather than PVP/WOE. If the set is released, classes that are built for PVM will have the benefit. And those people that have money will tend to go by the set rather than the SS and eventually making the SS card price go down the drain, making their effort, time, money hunting SS worthless.

I must have been hit on the head with a girls airport chest and went into a coma because two weeks ago people were talking about how much more fun woe is compared to pvm and that woe was their only reason to get online and that these sets were causing moral outrage because people believed it effected woe.
Why is my groin so confused right now?!
I am very lost now in this topic \(-_-)/

#329 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Too many elitists on this thread but Chakri's elite is still the original group of RO elitists :3

Edited by ChakriGuard, 14 June 2016 - 09:14 PM.

#330 Shaddieh

Shaddieh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:36 PM

From a perspective of a Nub:

Some shadow set feels okay... like spellflow which made uninterruptible cast accessible to zeny-less people.

However, stats on costumes are not that okay. like C.Goggles... or the enchant-able C.Headgears. Why are costumes not equal? Why can't I be pretty and be somewhat efficient in leveling at the same time?

PS. WL needs some love... like more Clothes Dye options...

#331 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 14 June 2016 - 11:45 PM

Some shadow set feels okay... like spellflow which made uninterruptible cast accessible to zeny-less people.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, but a Phen card is way cheaper than Spellflow and imo Spellflow is overrated anyways. But that has nothing to do with the point you're trying to make nor does it relate to the MVP shadow sets so eh lol.

#332 Shaddieh

Shaddieh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or anything, but a Phen card is way cheaper than Spellflow and imo Spellflow is overrated anyways. But that has nothing to do with the point you're trying to make nor does it relate to the MVP shadow sets so eh lol.

950 Kafra Points is easier for me to get than 9m zeny though...

#333 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

I"ll pay you 9m for 950 Kafra Points

#334 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

Technically, the going rate for 100 points is 12m zeny, so yeah, you could always use 100 of those points, buy a Token Box and sell that pretty quickly :X

#335 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

The fact is Kaddy, this set provides an MVP card effect that outdoes the MVP card in a PVM setting, and you are endorsing this.

This is not a fact. Its a poorly informed opinion which has been debunked repeatedly. Samurai Spectre works on all races, works in woe, and you lose the benefits of any shadow-layer gear you had to remove to wear the penetration ones. If you want to complain about items doing what the Samurai Spectre card does (and more!) look back a few years at Thanatos card and Ice Pick.

What about p2w and killing pvm incentive being top reason people quit playing the game as well?

And if you are just joking about wanderers when people are actually trying to have an actual discussion here, you really aren't helping with getting people putting value in your opinion.

I'm sorry fier, but I do not think you are adding any value to discussion here by mischaracterizing my positions. I don't think you're even trying to have an actual discussion here, either. I think you're just lobbying to have something banned and trying to silence people who disagree with you -- with demagoguing. You did the same in the para market threads. Someone who is trying to have a discussion actually listens to the other side's opinions and tries to offer compromises.

Your opinions look a lot like they have an of ulterior motive-- because you're not offering suggestions to cripple the (minor) fears you have about this item, and instead are trying to blanket ban new content for other players-- and you haven't done much to alleviate that through compromise. By holding back the other 15 or so classes due to the benefits 2 might get, it looks an awful lot like you're trying to preserve the status quo with what classes can compete with you at certain MVPs.

An example of a compromise (and something I would advocate) would be 2 lines added on one of the lynch-pin pieces of the set (like the earring or pendant) that reads:

[Cart Cannon] damage -40%.

If equipped with a dagger or two-handed sword, Critical Damage -50%.

I believe this is something iRO could do as a localization and is similar to things jRO has done on their game as well. And it would alleviate all of the concerns I've seen in this thread about the PVM/MVP DPS of genetics, RK's, and GX's going up.

In fact, iRO could even experiment with making it a living item that has effects could change after implementation with a line like this:

Decreases the effectiveness of certain attacks when equipped. See WarpPortal forum for details.

Edited by Kadelia, 15 June 2016 - 03:04 AM.

#336 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

Fairly certain it would need to go back to the developers but here is another option:

When equipped, cancels [Frenzy], [Two-Hand Quicken], [Enchant Deadly Poison], and [No Limits], and those skills may not be cast while the item is equipped.

When unequipped, SP is set to 0.

Edited by Kadelia, 15 June 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#337 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:53 AM

I'm sorry fier, but I do not think you are adding any value to discussion here by mischaracterizing my positions. I don't think you're even trying to have an actual discussion here, either. I think you're just lobbying to have something banned and trying to silence people who disagree with you -- with demagoguing. You did the same in the para market threads. Someone who is trying to have a discussion actually listens to the other side's opinions and tries to offer compromises.

Your opinions look a lot like they have an of ulterior motive-- because you're not offering suggestions to cripple the (minor) fears you have about this item, and instead are trying to blanket ban new content for other players-- and you haven't done much to alleviate that through compromise. By holding back the other 15 or so classes due to the benefits 2 might get, it looks an awful lot like you're trying to preserve the status quo with what classes can compete with you at certain MVPs.

I have been adding to the discussion about enhancing other classes, and I also addressed the issue that WP hasn't been doing anything about their advertising and marketing strategy, proposed to look at other server's and see how they do.

"Listens to the other side's opinions and tries to offer compromises" -> Buffing specific class gears and encourage players to play different classes?

Also, I'm only using your words against yours. You are the one that was attacking and mischaracterizing everyone else that disagrees with you and calling everyone 'mob mentality', while throwing a smug mug at everyone about you being 'historically right' and all but unable to answer their questions. :v A lot of the things you accuse other people can be reflected back at yourself. Kind of ironic.

Edited by WarlockFier, 15 June 2016 - 04:59 AM.

#338 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

If you need to put restrictions and debuffs onto an MVP set as a compromise, why don't you take the better route and implement different shadow sets that buff the lesser classes directly instead.

Edited by Toxn, 15 June 2016 - 04:57 AM.

#339 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

This is not a fact. Its a poorly informed opinion which has been debunked repeatedly. Samurai Spectre works on all races, works in woe, and you lose the benefits of any shadow-layer gear you had to remove to wear the penetration ones. If you want to complain about items doing what the Samurai Spectre card does (and more!) look back a few years at Thanatos card and Ice Pick.

I thought so too, i dont see the card losing value when the sacrifice to gain it the money way is so much (in terms of your wallet and the gear space it takes).

"Listens to the other side's opinions and tries to offer compromises" -> Buffing specific class gears and encourage players to play different classes?

Sounds vaguely like what the quote below is talking about |
|
V

If you need to put restrictions and debuffs onto an MVP set as a compromise, why don't you take the better route and implement different shadow sets that buff the lesser classes directly instead.

Let me be serious in saying this: if we get the adoramus card set and judex shadow set, are you telling me you would play an adoramus/judex AB in a party with a pug party with the majority of your attention to using adoramus/judex and leave buffing and healing mostly to the Support AB's unless its necessary you find to add more heal power with them?
If so, please start a party for bio4 which my ado AB can join and many other lesser played skill build classes can join. I would actually be so greatful to you I would even give you some photos from my private collection of Fuyukikun in the shower that I took.......I mean...found on someones camera.

#340 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Like the class shadow gears ... kRO got it last year i guess.

Look really fun to use them (specially for expanded classes).

but noo... MVP Card shadow gear is more profitable... ;/

#341 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

So let me get this straight. People actually want MVP's to be released from kafra? Am I getting this right?

#342 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

You've got the camp that wants the game to be pay-to-win as kRO is heading in that direction, and you've got the camp that wants to fight against the pay-to-win direction that the game is going. Place your votes on who you want to win out.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 15 June 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#343 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

and then you have Camp in between the camps. Not knowing what to do.

Edited by Toxn, 15 June 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#344 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

I stand by what I say and I think you are blatantly ignorant over the effects of the set.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 15 June 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#345 995150831045349567

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

Easy:
Want people to quit because they don't want this to be that much of p2w? Introduce the set.
Want new players to quit after a short time because the game is either too easy because they can pay or too hard because they can't pay? Introduce the set.
Want the game to lose its grindy charm? Introduce the set.
Want PvM rewards to become less atractive because now everyone could be OP without any real effort? Introduce the set.

Now:
Want to introduce the set but don't want to break the game? At least change it, making it less OP.
Want people to try more classes with which they can actually play on the same grounds as others (to have the same chances, or at least the opportunity of a fairer experience)? Introduce balance patches, not broken shadow gears.
Want people to spend more money on the kafra shop? Introduce new costumes, sprites, cute things, NOT OP GEARS.
Want to introduce new harder instances that need more advanced gear in order to be completed? Introduce new gears that aren't OP and actually require effort to get, and keep things interesting.
Want a balanced game? Keep putting effort on the balance patches; as someone already said, balance the classes, the skills, don't break the game through broken gears.

#346 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

hmm.......i have a great vision for this games end game....a sinister...exciting vision in which kro makes mvp monsters that are impossible to kill unless you have a full party of 12. The mvp would be at the end of an instance which would

require more then just a gene and a tank....( with eden geared noobs following )....even with current gods and mvp cards the instance would have a fail rate of 70% ...so go on... implement those kro mvp shadow gears.....they still wont be enough  :p_devil:

This special instance would have the mechanic from tom clancy the division's '' dark zone''.

After the mvp was killed the loot could be picked up by anyone, at that point parties members could then (if they chose to) ''KILL EACH OTHER AND STEAL THE LOOT ALL FOR THEM SELVES!'  :mad:

Fly wings,warps and even logging out would be disabled....to exit you have to manually walk the way that you came....(just like the division in order to keep the loot you have to make to the exit alive )...all the while as you tremble.... afraid...

knowing your party is hunting you.

distrust and intense paranoia would over come some while others would flourish and hone their deceptive manipulative skills as they sank deeper into insanity.......layers

upon layers of gameplay!..........

we could have 2 of these instances...one for level 99 and one for level 175.

I call this instance.......''THE BEGINNING OF RAGNAROK'' go on mr campitor........make it happen  :no1:

#347 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

Cancer

#348 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

im out of bleach

#349 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:31 PM

just implement nightmare PVP: you die, you loss all your equipment and items in inventory  :heh:

Spoiler

#350 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

I miss the nightmare pvp, used to go there with assassin just to get gears dropped from others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users