Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 20 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#476 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:57 AM

I've seen testing about those few years ago.
MoT and Ice Pick have the same effect.
- 100% ignore def, both SoftDef and HardDef, work on boss type (while SS doesn't).
- Increase EquipAtk by <Target HardDef / 2>
- Doesn't stack each other. Ice Pick [Mot] or some weapon [2 MoT], only 1 MoT works.

That mean MoT overrides SS completely.
some weapon [MoT][SS], SS only drain your life worthlessly.

Ah thanks :U

I always thought Thana only partially pierced defense.

#477 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

You truly do baffle me at times. You have preached about how iRO shouldn't have custom things or shouldn't change how things are in comparison to kRO, Yet you threw a massive fit about Bowling Bash when others asked for the skill to simply work like it does on kRO itself.

You call the potential of +20 stats from gear a power creep, yet have absolutely no idea how DEF penetration without any weapon sacrifice isn't.

Lets face it, you do the exact same amount of pick and choosing as the rest of us and seem to think your opinion is the only one that is justified.

It can't be helped if you don't understand my positions at this point. You've had plenty of explanations and material to go through. So if you don't understand at this point, its a lack of comprehension, not a lack of explanation. You're poor estimation of my positions are neither correct nor anything except ad-hominem. I can deal with people disagree with me, but the sheer amount of people who should be friendly to me, attacking me regularly over what is ultimately just opinions, is really, really, really hurtful. Its incredibly hypocritical of you to state I'm the one who thinks their opinion is justified when you're doing exactly that. I'm sorry but advocating that we stick to kRO's development plan (which is what NOT nerfing or blocking this item is) is ideologically consistent for me. Your demand that we block content is what is picking and choosing, and it demonstrates the desire to control what content other players get in a deviation from what the developer intended, because you feel you know better than them, which is damn conceited and manipulative. But yeah, I'm the one who is the jerk here.

Edited by Kadelia, 18 June 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#478 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:12 AM

Can we just put up a poll here. When debates start to get personal is when it's time to just make a poll. -.-

And I'm just going to settle for aggree to disagree. I'll wait for a poll.

#479 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

If you actually want to read serious inputs and suggestions, those can be found in first couple pages ie 1-3. After that, its more like personal and self-interest driven opinions.

#480 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

Can we just put up a poll here. When debates start to get personal is when it's time to just make a poll. -.-

And I'm just going to settle for aggree to disagree. I'll wait for a poll.

Not like a poll will mean anything since WP will push on with the Windows 10 upgrades shadow sets regardless of public opinion.

Source: Unfrozen shadow set.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 18 June 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#481 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:28 PM

Valkyre Dagger[4](from jRO) is a good one for ASS shadow chasers :) and oboros :)))

It's honestly funny to see here ppl that fought against the Oda Balloon +1aspd effect, wich resulted in being nerfed to 1%, that are now pro a cash shop gear wich surpasses the potential of an MVP card, da heck.

It's funny that you fight against the tempest and penetration set when you want the MVP effect Blitz Shadow set to be implemented.

#482 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

aspd+1 gears / enchants/ costumes existed much longer before the MVP satan morroc card was implemented on iRO( if it actually got implemented tbh). 

#483 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

wait if were talking about what should be in iro from kro then shouldnt gtb be removed since kro doesnt have that in the game?

#484 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

wait if were talking about what should be in iro from kro then shouldnt gtb be removed since kro doesnt have that in the game?

Technically it wasn't removed, it just no longer drops, so any new servers after the change won't have it, as opposed to existing ones which would have them around but limited so expensive as -_-.

#485 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:19 PM

Technically it wasn't removed, it just no longer drops, so any new servers after the change won't have it, as opposed to existing ones which would have them around but limited so expensive as -_-.

You know what i want to say next dont you lol

#486 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

It's funny that you fight against the tempest and penetration set when you want the MVP effect Blitz Shadow set to be implemented.

Convenient how you ignore he meant the Shadow Set which makes the Falcon for Rangers viable again and simply mistook the Blitz (from Blitzbeat) Set for that - Oh sorry, that doesn't your narrative, does it?

@Topic

After reading pretty much every post in this topic, I am still convinced that MVP-like Shadow Sets do not belong on iRO, we are not a kRO clone and shouldn't be. Everyone who has a bit of business knowledge is aware that different regions have different likes and needs, otherwise there would be no need for localisation.

Shadow Gears that enhance class skills that currently aren't viable - and I'm talking about skills like the Falcon Tree Ranger, Axe Mechanic, Extended Super Novcie, etc. here, not "lulz Performers need Pen Shadow Gear to be good!" - while it is true that Performers underperform (pun intended), this should not be fixed by a excluseive Shadow Gear Set that gives mvp-like effects.

#487 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:40 PM

You know what i want to say next dont you lol

The card is not just made undroppable, but the card itself no longer has an effect. This was done to even out the playing fields until they think its time to add in a platinum thief bug to give 100% nullification to all physical damage, which may be very soon looking at the forum uproars.

#488 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Convenient how you ignore he meant the Shadow Set which makes the Falcon for Rangers viable again and simply mistook the Blitz (from Blitzbeat) Set for that - Oh sorry, that doesn't your narrative, does it?

@Topic

After reading pretty much every post in this topic, I am still convinced that MVP-like Shadow Sets do not belong on iRO, we are not a kRO clone and shouldn't be. Everyone who has a bit of business knowledge is aware that different regions have different likes and needs, otherwise there would be no need for localisation.

Shadow Gears that enhance class skills that currently aren't viable - and I'm talking about skills like the Falcon Tree Ranger, Axe Mechanic, Extended Super Novcie, etc. here, not "lulz Performers need Pen Shadow Gear to be good!" - while it is true that Performers underperform (pun intended), this should not be fixed by a excluseive Shadow Gear Set that gives mvp-like effects.

And yet you couldn't provide a reason why other than "It's MVP!". Like you said, convenient. How easy to dismiss a whole class (which you do not play, I would assume). We all have our agendas.

But where is the official word? How long will Camp monitor this thread which seems to have run its course? I think all sides (not both, as some of us advocate for middle grounds) have made their case.

Edited by donghyun83, 19 June 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#489 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

@Topic

You stupid or something? I qouted Ashukel.

It was nirvanna who meant the blitz beat set not ashukel.

#490 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

aspd+1 gears / enchants/ costumes existed much longer before the MVP satan morroc card was implemented on iRO( if it actually got implemented tbh).

Doesn't matter. The Blitz shadow set still surpasses the morroc mvp card.

So going by your argument, the blitz shadow set should not be implemented as well.

#491 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:01 PM

The card is not just made undroppable, but the card itself no longer has an effect. This was done to even out the playing fields until they think its time to add in a platinum thief bug to give 100% nullification to all physical damage, which may be very soon looking at the forum uproars.

^.^ GTB stays then :)

So going by your argument, the blitz shadow set should not be implemented as well.

Yea It should not come as well. I got no problems with that ^.^

#492 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

I merely see shadow gears as luxury items that help you adjust your final build and not as a trump card.

I don't mind getting them but the ones that come in iRO should be controlled or make it fit for the community like adjustment on it's actual effect.

It would be nice if they can make those gears accessible via quests like unfrozen shadow set

DISCLOSURE : still hoping to get a stability shadow shield in the near future :heh:

#493 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

If thats the case, im fine with that, and can live with that perfectly fine.

#494 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

I saw someone asking for votes...

If warp portal has the email of all players... they can send emails to all players.... I know some people who like a lot to post in forums, but I'm still thinking that most people dont... 

Why do we only hear the forum people to decide with us?

In another way: I really think that gravity with this worst results (money) think about Ragnarok online(1) ..... no cell phones horrible games. I think that part of this position of gravity result of wishes that playes had to have another 3d ragnarok... but now i think... theres no sense to have It... Ragnarok is the one. They should improve the gameplay with better control of chars, things like roof of houses, trees (put it modern), banks, sprite resolutions, etc... ----> I KNOW... they will think more and more about RO(1)

So... the game is from gravity and I think that sometimes the right decision should be from It...
An example of wrong choice (ignore your faith or true about this mith because im not  a good beliver) is the death of Jesus... Al people claim for your death, so the wrong decision came from people....

And then... If I can make mone with a game, Im sure that I would be the number one in forums.... 
Maybe some players are fighting for theirs gold potes.

#495 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:03 AM

I'm speechless

#496 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:07 AM

How about a strawpoll? In matter of fact, I'll make one.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10534695/r

Vote up boiz.

#497 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:13 AM

WP really needs to internally develop some kind of manifesto for what they want iRO to be as a game. With this, it would become necessary to develop some objective, obtainable goals to fulfill it, including guidelines for what content is acceptable.

#498 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:15 AM

I'm kinda disappointed in you, shinobi. You used an argument I had with Kaddy literally years ago to speak for you and drag me into things I rather not dwell about. Here's what my stance is on my one and only post of this thread: cash shop items that affect game balance in any way, shape, or form should not exist as the more those are, the harder it is to pull new players in, but it is foolish to believe that more won't be coming to us in future because Gravity is a corrupt company with its own employees RMTing under the table with certain players.

#499 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:35 AM

I think everyone's gotten a chance to give their two cents about this and unfortunately it's gotten to the point where the same people keep going around and around with the same arguements. Thank you to those of you who took the time to give your thoughts about the OP. 

Seachiowai, conspiracy theories like accusing Gravity of illegal activities like RMT is not allowed on the forums. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users