Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 9 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#201 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:10 AM

Cant be fully developed by our own, but we can make official requests and hope lol

#202 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

Very off topic but i get that love/hate relationship when if comes to international which should just be another word of localization. I mean yay to project zero coming out but boo to them replacing the titular girls no longer getting scantaly swimsuits to wear (the zero samus suit at least still gives us a good cameltoe peek when she gets wet from the "blackwater" at least so i can sort of forgive them) but taking out the patting/rubbing mechanic from FF fates went too far in my eyes and opinion! How dare America think i would not enjoy rubbing the chests of my lovely Ryouma and Camilla.....anyways taking out intended things are wrong, instead we should implement them and haters dont need to involve nor buy/obtain them while lovers use them, and haters can come up with newer strategies to beat them.

. U had me at the swimsuits lol. But as I sid there should be a poll before people start throwing out ridiculous words like MAJORITY out here lol

#203 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

the only people who don't want these shadow sets are those who have mvp's or access to them and does not want any new player to get their hands on it.

they whine about new people who're pay 2 win but easily accepts mvp cards that is from a cash shop item. in other words you didn't put any effort into it you just bought something that can summon a mvp and got lucky.

I think there are old a few selfish old players who doesn't want it and its obvious they want things go their way, but the majority seems to wan tit. So vote YES on shadow sets.

I don't have SS/Thana Card,i don't have acess to it and i still don't want this kind of game breaking in the game.

-______-

#204 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:16 AM

I don't have SS and Thana too and I also don't make multi forum accounts just to make more posts and pretend to be another person, just to win this.

Anyway I think Campitor pointed out the major community's opinion in the very first post. And yeah, I wanna give some of my opinions too.

There are many other ways for WP to attract players to buy cash shop items such as adding jRO sprite coupon, more cute and useful headgears, costumes, new effect potions, etc.

We don't need items that out-class even MVP cards (which ppl earned with efforts and years of playing) that can be obtained via cash. Currently in game, If you have a right gear setup, you can run every instance and do decent dmg to MVP already, everything is not hard to get at all, all you need is time, luck and effort, those makes the game fun. And right gear setup is not that all +12,14, Gods, MVPs... Hell no lol, though I do have +9 gears after years of playing, half of my gears are +4->7, and I do every instances perfectly fine. Another living proof is fuyukikun, check out his guides, his videos on youtube, no Gods, no MVPs, nothing to OP, just right setups and unique builds, you can do everything. We don't need 100k Rolling Cutter and 999999 dmg CRS.

Not implementing this shadow set will not slow down or affect the game update progress at all. We still have more far important things to do, big fixes, new content (it's almost 3-4 years and we still don't have Nightmare OGH and Toy Factory for example), new sprites, advertisment etc.

Well, that's all I wanna say. I'm not here to argue so I might not reply or post something else after this. Because you know, I only have one forum account, while ppl have 3 or 5.. umm can't just ''discuss'' with ''them'' all :x

#205 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:29 AM

Up vote this guy he made a convincing argument like some others on this post ^

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 11 June 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#206 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:51 AM

This item iz OP cuz it worxxx on m,vp!!!11

Can someone please post a list of MVPs that will suddenly be killed by top tiered MVPers (Genetics, Rune Knights, and Guilltine Crosses) faster than normal because of penetration set? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler Answer:

Spoiler

Edited by Kadelia, 11 June 2016 - 08:53 AM.

#207 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

Can someone please post a list of MVPs that will suddenly be killed by top tiered MVPers (Genetics, Rune Knights, and Guilltine Crosses) faster than normal because of penetration set? Thanks in advance.

Spoiler Answer:

Spoiler

Actually if these set comes those same classes would actually do more damage >.>

Yea we have gears that are able to do over 300k damage but if we pierce the defence the damage would increase.

So no thanks on that. Sorry but your wanderer would get more benefit if we got updates and bug fixes over trash shadows gears like these

#208 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

I don't have SS and Thana too and I also don't make multi forum accounts just to make more posts and pretend to be another person, just to win this.

Anyway I think Campitor pointed out the major community's opinion in the very first post. And yeah, I wanna give some of my opinions too.
There are many other ways for WP to attract players to buy cash shop items such as adding jRO sprite coupon, more cute and useful headgears, costumes, new effect potions, etc.

We don't need items that out-class even MVP cards (which ppl earned with efforts and years of playing) that can be obtained via cash. Currently in game, If you have a right gear setup, you can run every instance and do decent dmg to MVP already, everything is not hard to get at all, all you need is time, luck and effort, those makes the game fun. And right gear setup is not that all +12,14, Gods, MVPs... Hell no lol, though I do have +9 gears after years of playing, half of my gears are +4->7, and I do every instances perfectly fine. Another living proof is fuyukikun, check out his guides, his videos on youtube, no Gods, no MVPs, nothing to OP, just right setups and unique builds, you can do everything. We don't need 100k Rolling Cutter and 999999 dmg CRS.

Not implementing this shadow set will not slow down or affect the game update progress at all. We still have more far important things to do, big fixes, new content (it's almost 3-4 years and we still don't have Nightmare OGH and Toy Factory for example), new sprites, advertisment etc.

Well, that's all I wanna say. I'm not here to argue so I might not reply or post something else after this. Because you know, I only have one forum account, while ppl have 3 or 5.. umm can't just ''discuss'' with ''them'' all :x

I mostly do my instances with a +7 thanatos staff on a warlock, no problem so far, just have to understand a little bit The instances, try a couple of times and you are good to go, so i agree a lot here.

#209 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:13 AM

No Gods

No MVP cards

NOT in favor of Shadow Equips with MVP effects.

#210 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:16 AM

Spoiler Answer:

Spoiler

So with this Set Gene, RK, and GX remain best MVPers while it balances underdog Classes who need it.

Yet they still oppose it. That's just Selfish.

#211 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

keeping the statu quo is not balance either :v

#212 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:39 AM

Spoiler Answer:

Spoiler

Penetration set is superior than Ice Pick. Cart Cannon damage increasing 20~80%.
It can be superior than even Thanatos card in some situations

Edited by Ashuckel, 11 June 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#213 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:56 AM

So with this Set Gene, RK, and GX remain best MVPers while it balances underdog Classes who need it.

Yet they still oppose it. That's just Selfish.

Actually if these set comes those same classes would actually do more damage >.>

Yea we have gears that are able to do over 300k damage but if we pierce the defence the damage would increase.

So no thanks on that. Sorry but your wanderer would get more benefit if we got updates and bug fixes over trash shadows gears like these. >.>

Penetration set is superior than Ice Pick. Cart Cannon damage increasing 20~80%.
It can be superior than even Thanatos card in some situations

pretty much this as well.

AND FYI to the people who wants these shadow sets, Explain to me why KRO doesnt want to re implement these sets again in their server, and explain how did the server benefit  from such a gear. Cause WE DONT WANT TO BE LIKE KRO OR ANY OTHER SERVER RIGHT? ^.^

#214 Ashes9

Ashes9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

Started roughly 5 months ago.
Nowhere near getting any MVP cards or Gods.
Still voting against MVP effect shadows sets.

#215 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

Yes...
Probably who's complaining about it, has a successful self experience with game, goods Ph in rag 12h day (farming )...
So they reflect 2% of players, but complaint like 70%... if we get a problematic update, gm can talk with gravity to update the old gear, card, etc, while average person has better fun...

I don't know about another people whos following other fan page..

Just to compare...

But some singers make vote on page to choose the music for single...

The common result is the lost of money...

Why... the money doesn't come from fans... it comes from general public

#216 Senretsu

Senretsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

do it like KRO those who cannot adapt will leave

This!! Ha ha ha

#217 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

kRO has it so free players have 0.5x rates while VIP players have 1x rates. Let's see how you adapt if we get that, then.

#218 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 11 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

Why are people calling this shadow set an MvP effect gear? There are other items with defense piercing as well as there are skills. 

I do agree that 10%-20% defense penetration as a side equip is stupidly insanely strong. 

We already have shadow sets in the game. If they're that game breaking, nerf them. All of them. I'm sure we kind find numbers that will make the effects subtle but still make a slight difference to give players a bit of edge. Just a little.

We don't have to toss this idea out of the window. We can mold it into the game. We can adjust it easily and have more options when it comes to building a class.

#219 donghyun83

donghyun83

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

So no thanks on that. Sorry but your wanderer would get more benefit if we got updates and bug fixes over trash shadows gears like these

I see this a lot. But we know they won't update the classes left behind. It's a fact. Even if they miraculously did update the classes, the iRO players would languish for years. But they won't. They have not in the past. They won't do so in the foreseeable future. This is it, this is the solution they proposed. Which is why limiting the classes solves the issues.

keeping the statu quo is not balance either :v

Again, limiting the classes will break this argument point. Limiting the classes able to use the set would definitely not keep the status quo. It would simply benefit those in need, while not further buffing the high tier classes into god classes even further.

If you think about it, this situation is crappy either way for the classes who do need this set. Because it's not pay to win. It's pay to survive, to thrive. Sure, we can do stuff now (thanks to based Dex boots and new equips). And it is unrealistic to expect matching the damages of the top classes. But just give us something. Because the devs don't. They throw us this penetration set as a tiny bone, and just because it will be abused by those who don't need it in the first place, people are set against it. Then don't let them abuse it in the first place! Limit the classes able to use it, and the set will be a healthy addition to the game for those in need of it.

Again, there are better ways to balance stuff. But we know they won't. They have had years to do it. And they didn't. They won't. Give us the set.

#220 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

what if, GM organize a temporary event where players talk to npc, they will get a free penetration set (or any MVP effect shadow gears). The npc bought penetration set has limited duration and will expire after assigned time pass for 1 week? Like the santa costume i guess.

Then reexamine the pros and cons based on actual iRO gameplay.

Then, vote to implement or no.

#221 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Why are people calling this shadow set an MvP effect gear? There are other items with defense piercing as well as there are skills. 

I do agree that 10%-20% defense penetration as a side equip is stupidly insanely strong. 

We already have shadow sets in the game. If they're that game breaking, nerf them. All of them. I'm sure we kind find numbers that will make the effects subtle but still make a slight difference to give players a bit of edge. Just a little.

We don't have to toss this idea out of the window. We can mold it into the game. We can adjust it easily and have more options when it comes to building a class.

Is 100% with the weapon not 20%

#222 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

I believe that the figure he meant was based on the calculation by Kadelia.

#223 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

do it like KRO those who cannot adapt will leave

No one, especially the GMs want people to leave the game at it's current state right now. Population is already dropping, this feed back isn't helpful at all.

Majority of the players who are against these MVP effect shadow set have been playing for a while. They stream videos, run a guild, participate in events and activities in game, create guides, actively participates in class builds and gears discussion. They actively explore the game and are able to take on challenges even with low end cheap gears and work their way up. They continuously support the game for many many years and will continue to as long as there's sense of reward to continue playing this game.

I'm up for skill based shadow sets, maybe some that would make other less popular classes more viable to play? The GMs can still monetize on making other classes appealing to play. Players trying different classes than sticking to one or two main means more leveling, more time spent playing the game too. The penetration set is way too generic, it'd make already OP class way more OP and the game too easy to play.

Wondering if a spotlight to play/ level a certain class in that month would be something to consider. This doesn't have to happen every month but a once in a while event/ activity thing to encourage variety of classes/ builds base on already existing content that are under utilized/ monetized.

#224 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Here's my thought on the penetration shadow set.

I've got no gods.
No mvp cards.
I can run instances. Some SOLO runs.
I can do MVPs. Some SOLO runs.
I WOE with a known guild.

I don't know how will it affect how I play in case the penetration set is released. It will not change the fact that i can still do all of this even if the set is released or not. Was thinking already on how will this set benefit me or others if this will be released or it is just something that wp wants my money in. It will just increase the numbers and lowering the kill time.

Lets just say the set is released and luckily you already have the set. You will still compete with MVPs with the same character classes everyday ( genetic, rk, gx etc ). Lucky you, if you compete with those not having the set. Unlucky you, if they have the set too. Very unlucky you, if you can't find the MVP first. There are cases in which MVPs spawn on the same place like drake and being camped 24/7 and it would be better if you bring a friend or party just to get the hold of it.

What happens when a MVP drops card and the you're in a large party? You all know that a MVP cards price is high that some greediness sets in having in mind that if i can solo it, why would I bring a party? All loots for me. Then a player might invest ( money, time and effort ) on a MVP card like Samurai Specter just to kill that certain MVP faster. Then here comes wp releasing the penetration set. That player says the set is OP, my SS card would be useless.

I think that both the SS card and penetration set both have its pros and cons. The penetration set will need you to invest money ( dunno how much to have all the set to up to +X ) and not able to use it against players. The SS card just needs a slotted weapon aside from it working both on monsters and players.

My end game here is WOE, If you already have those fancy MVP cards and god/rare items. You have nothing to do. Only WOE.

I really like JRO mechanics, and i agree that aside from releasing some new items or shadow sets, please prioritize bug fixing and the missing updates. Giving us something new to try and test makes us forget that there are a lot of bugs and updates that needs to be fixed.

#225 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

What? The penetration set is 100%? I read differently elsewhere. 

That can't be right.. is it?

Edited by Oshiiii, 11 June 2016 - 05:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users