Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement - Page 7 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shadow Items Thoughts and a Statement

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
498 replies to this topic

#151 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Actually if we can amend the shadow set penetration effect will be good. I think is a win for all solution.

Just example,Let's say if the whole set upgrade to +10, the whole set provide in total ignore of 20% OR 30% of defense of certain race monsterr. Only apply on pvm and not apply to mvp and not apply to woe.

I think player hwre definitely will buy this and yea it is still op, but at least it is win win situation for warpportal and players

#152 louisn1234

louisn1234

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

Just like unfrozen set costume, many players here would like it only apply to pvm instead of woe. I dunno why management here end up still implement it without think twice. If jro can make their own customization, why not us?

Kro update is good, if it is too op we can always amend it at least to some acceptable level, remove those broken op effect

#153 Kvgirlc

Kvgirlc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBy Artoria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hello, camp. Reading through the thread I can only see repeated arguments flooding between few players (who obviously stay in this forum everyday). Wondering if you can really get much useful information or real opinions from the majority of the population. I bet most of players never read this thread. I suggest you to make other ways for the voting while of course keeping discussions in forum: put voting url link for the in-game log-in page, setup current voting event page in iro home website, put voting url link in "power-up" pages. DONT YELL IN GAME PLEASE as we are mostly fighting, who is going to read your words whiling we are mvping, ti-ing, etc? 

In-response to the suggestion you want us to make, I never play kRo or jRo so I will just say something what I think it is unsatisfactory for this game at this moment.

-MVPing for popular boss like Tao gunka and GTB. They are too easy to be defeated! For amateur players who want to work and get a Tao card it is basically impossible because this guy is 24-hr occupied by a group of people or a guild. I would like to see them in their own instances if they do not get strengthen!

-The useful mvp card drop from mvps that are too weak. Since lately dungeon boss are strengthened to an hp of 80m, 120m why the old guys cannot get strengthened? Seeing one elitist kill GTB one shot and get a GTB card isn't very friendly to newbies. MMOs should emphasize on cooperation but soloing (if I shall only soloing I prefer go play PS4). Make it cannot be killed with 1 shot please!

-GVGing, the woe is not as excited as the past but still quite fun I would say. However, it becomes not when a sura snap-curse-one hit you even you are an RK with level 175. I do not know if this because of tao cards or whatsoever OP MVPs but please stop the one-shot thing in woe. For small guilds an OP SC/RG/Sura wipe us all while we cannot do anything about it. Eventually small guilds vanished and only large guild controls the god items. All in all, this game is too old and good stuffs are in control by the "elders", stopping new players to come in.

-I prefer reforming some old mechanisms than putting more fancy stuff to the game. I am in favor of the shadow set because over past 7 years I played this game I seen no fundamental change in this game, which is to say no exciting stuffs (yeah one thing I enjoy more is the instances now!). So putting some OP stuff and change to world sounds funny to me. I guess for a game like RO it is hard to keep players because MMOs nowadays includes more attaching feathers for the player. To survives from the crude world I guess the GM team should figure out what the old guys (us of course!) found attaching to game, while learn some new mechanisms from other MMOs that sucks in new players. I think iRO is already a success because it never shuts up over the years I played! :no1:

For people who loves this game and do not want it shut down for good, I suggest progressive think not preservative thinking. kRo is where iRo is from but I trust iRo can do better than kRo and may be better than jRo someday. :ok:  :ok:  :ok:

#154 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

servers with sealed mvps have safe to +12s and higher and upgrades don't fall below +12. So it's just like having a +13 here.

Actually,it's not safe,it is ''insta +5~+12''.

Well,at least bRO/pRO have this (maybe kRO still uses Safe to '' '' )

P.S : Everyone wants costume : golden archangel wings,give it to us >:

Edited by Hissis, 10 June 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#155 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

From what i have seen.  

Many new players who made zeny through selling KP/WPE  quitting the game in just 1 - 2 months.  

Addictive : is the Goal of games.

Addictive coming from Repetition.

You need to Lure players to DO something over and over.   

Thats why dumb game like Flappy Bird made more money than several luxury games.

Selling OP gears through Item Mall.

Only ruin the cycle of Repetition. 

New players pay $ quickly.

and also Gone quickly.

#156 Chacal666

Chacal666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

i am favor..

ends with the freshness of a job is more effective than another job for mvping

and balance dispute for all

Edited by Chacal666, 10 June 2016 - 03:11 PM.

#157 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

From what i have seen.  

Many new players who made zeny through selling KP/WPE  quitting the game in just 1 - 2 months.  

Addictive : is the Goal of games.

Addictive coming from Repetition.

You need to Lure players to DO something over and over.   

Thats why dumb game like Flappy Bird made more money than several luxury games.

Selling OP gears through Item Mall.

Only ruin the cycle of Repetition. 

New players pay $ quickly.

and also Gone quickly.

This and, this...

#158 TheFunnyGuy

TheFunnyGuy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

This and, this...

Funny thing, Godly and MvP cards always had hold power creep at bay, and after Renewall, Malangdo enchants did that.

But shadow gears kinda threw it out of the window. (and kafra shop hats too...)

#159 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:50 PM

kRO created the power creep monster but instead of destroying it, they decided to feed it instead. Must be that Frankenstein effect.

#160 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationJ̴̨̢̛͠J҉̧̀̀J͏̡̨̀?͘͝J̢̀͟͡J̶̛?̛͠͞
  • Server:C͖̘͔͙͢h̷͇͙a̫̪̹̬̼ǫ͖͉s͖̖̣

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

How about a 1%-2% chance per refine level to penetrate 20%-30% of an enemy's defense for one attack? That makes the item still viable yet not stupidly overpowered.

#161 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

your example would be accurate if they've ALREADY been selling penetration set in kafra shop for 10k kp and now they've dropped it to 10kp

bad example sir.

Nope. Compare the existing SS card price with the price of this new box, if everyone had access to one. I can only see that only more veteran players who are already to live without the set opposing it. Funny how everyone whoose opposing it has a net worth of at least 2b

If the argument is about setting a gap between the elite and the beginners, weapons like robot arm should have not been made available so easily. Heck they should not release "beginner" weapons. Think of the general server community peeps before you comment.

#162 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

How about a 1%-2% chance per refine level to penetrate 20%-30% of an enemy's defense for one attack? That makes the item still viable yet not stupidly overpowered.

even better. Never bring it in

Nope. Compare the existing SS card price with the price of this new box, if everyone had access to one. I can only see that only more veteran players who are already to live without the set opposing it. Funny how everyone whoose opposing it has a net worth of at least 2b

If the argument is about setting a gap between the elite and the beginners, weapons like robot arm should have not been made available so easily. Heck they should not release "beginner" weapons. Think of the general server community peeps before you comment.

The argument should be this: Should we bring the shadow sets OR bring in Jro Goodies?

#163 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

What, robot's arm is easy to get? well depend on the class...a lot, also you need to fight the drop...

#164 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

If you guys deny penetration and tempest set because they have MVP-like option. Then you should deny other MVP-like shadow sets such as Infinity, Bearer's, Gemstone, Haste, Blitz, etc or even Neutral and Curse Lift too. :)

PS. waiting for Mammoth shadow set then I won't need Bryn anymore. lol

#165 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

The argument should be this: Should we bring the shadow sets OR bring in Jro Goodies?

Why not both??

Robot arm seems pretty easy judging on it's price lately

#166 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

OMG! There are a lot more items and content we can look forward to.

Stop trying to stop the progression of the game please.

Implement Shadow sets as intended by KRO.

#167 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

If you guys deny penetration and tempest set because they have MVP-like option. Then you should deny other MVP-like shadow sets such as Infinity, Bearer's, Gemstone, Haste, Blitz, etc or even Neutral and Curse Lift too. :)

PS. waiting for Mammoth shadow set then I won't need Bryn anymore. lol

I would absolutely deny them :X so long as they mirrored MVP effects or provided a game breaking mechanic.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 10 June 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#168 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

I would absolutely deny them :X

On the first page of this thread, you requested for the Blitz Shadow set.

Hypocrite!

#169 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

even better. Never bring it in

How is that 'even better'?

At least make some sort of argument as to why. This is suppose to be a discussion.

#170 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:01 PM

On the first page of this thread, you requested for the Blitz Shadow set.

Hypocrite!

My bad, I thought the Blitz set was the falcon damage increasing one, corrected.

#171 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

How is that 'even better'?

At least make some sort of argument as to why. This is suppose to be a discussion.

Easy Jro Content is better than any shadow gear.

Fixing Updates is better than any shadow gear.

Fixing bug issues is better than any shadow gear

Getting 2+ years of content that we missed is better than any shadow gear.

Should I keep going or will you say shadow gear is better than all i have just said

Lets discuss!

#172 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:33 PM

We're halfway in to having shadow gears.

So if we go the route of JRO content, what will we do with the existing Shadow Gears?

Delete them?

EDIT: I agree on the updates and bug fixes but this thread is about shadow gears. I suggest you create a different thread for those 2.

Edited by Jezs69, 10 June 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#173 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

So atm ppl choices are

> Dont introduce it
> Change a bit the effect / jRO headgear effect concept
> Make it harder/expensive to get
> Make it harder to refine

#174 Oshiiii

Oshiiii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

Easy Jro Content is better than any shadow gear.

Fixing Updates is better than any shadow gear.

Fixing bug issues is better than any shadow gear

Getting 2+ years of content that we missed is better than any shadow gear.

Should I keep going or will you say shadow gear is better than all i have just said

Lets discuss!

What I fail to see is how this shadow gear implementation is going to change what we get now or how it will magically fix any bugs/updates.

Are you saying you'd rather see RO management team focus more on those issues? I'm sure they have different teams for those sort of things.

I was giving an idea on how this shadow set could be less OP. That seems to the biggest complaint here.

We're halfway in to having shadow gears.

So if we go the route of JRO content, what will we do with the existing Shadow Gears?

Delete them?

EDIT: I agree on the updates and bug fixes but this thread is about shadow gears. I suggest you create a different thread for those 2.

Some people say that we should just "wipe" them from the server. I don't see how they could just wipe items that have been implemented for quite some time already. That's a drastic measure and unfair to those who already have them. If they stop selling shadow gear, that gives those with shadow gear an unfair advantage to those without access to them.

Edited by Oshiiii, 10 June 2016 - 07:46 PM.

#175 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

I would absolutely deny them :X so long as they mirrored MVP effects or provided a game breaking mechanic.

Game breaking mechanics should be banned from the game. period.

If these sets are not allowed in game, why should the SS card be allowed. Someone who worked "hard" to get his card, is allowed ez-gaming?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users