ragnarok online thai branch has 300k players per day! why?! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ragnarok online thai branch has 300k players per day! why?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#26 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

You can. I can play it from Canada but I dont think I can WoE. Mhm ... but you'll need a Thai ID citizen # to register your account. This maybe you can bypasss with your randomly-made 13 digit series number? I dont know lol. Also you need to have someone in Thailand to buy you a money card to refill game cash ie kafra point if you want to buy any cash items at all.

<snip:D love your vids dude!

VModCinnamon:

Discussing illegal methods of game registration on forums is a NO.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 July 2016 - 06:33 PM.
Removed

#27 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

if you play youll have to possibly enjoy 200~300ms as a warning

#28 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

<snip> :D love your vids dude!

Do it. It is fun. The first time I joined there, I was like .... WOW! This ... IS ... RO ... 2003! but taking place in 2016 lol

Thank you. I'll upload a video of Iris soon. I cant wait to see WoE (No I wont join. I cant lol). I want to see worms in the castles again lol

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 July 2016 - 06:34 PM.
Edited in quote

#29 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:53 PM

You can. I can play it from Canada but I dont think I can WoE. Mhm ... but you'll need a Thai ID citizen # to register your account. This maybe you can bypasss with your randomly-made 13 digit series number? I dont know lol. Also you need to have someone in Thailand to buy you a money card to refill game cash ie kafra point if you want to buy any cash items at all.

can you make a video on your youtube of a guide on how to register and play the game? and is there an option to turn all text to eng? i dnt understand thai.

#30 HotoCocoa

HotoCocoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

if you play youll have to possibly enjoy 200~300ms as a warning

Playing iRO even with 60ms is still like playing 200~300ms

#31 Zynerex

Zynerex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

time to merge boys byebye

#32 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

can anyone confirm if thai ragnarok is currently using a heavy advertising marketing campaign in Thai land? im pretty sure no one here in the UK even knows ragnarok online even exists.  :p_sad:

Regarding ThaiRO marketing, they had this trailer for the new server launch recently. When RO first got out of beta it also had an anime trailer and later a series.

Thai RO had a summoning event with a Baphomet etc. when their beta test ended recently, but the end of iRO's first beta was quite a sight too. Like ChakriGuard says, kind of feels like history repeating itself.

(P.S. I'm from the UK  :no1:  )

#33 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

time to merge boys byebye

i agree we should take advantage of this moment and merge with thai ro. <snip>

As i imagine the robots will say to us in 2077 ''assimilate or be destroyed  :mad:  

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 July 2016 - 07:04 PM.
Removed flame bait.

#34 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

can you make a video on your youtube of a guide on how to register and play the game? and is there an option to turn all text to eng? i dnt understand thai.

i knew it was coming :v

#35 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Regarding ThaiRO marketing, they had this trailer for the new server launch recently. When RO first got out of beta it also had an anime trailer and later a series.

Thai RO had a summoning event with a Baphomet etc. when their beta test ended recently, but the end of iRO's first beta was quite a sight too. Like ChakriGuard says, kind of feels like history repeating itself.

(P.S. I'm from the UK  :no1:  )

When IRO first got out of beta did it have a population close to 300k? and what version of RO funded the anime series?

Comrade soudou we must find a way to play thRO in english  :mad: if i cant get an english patch il play it anyway n just imagine im in bankok  :happy:

i will start my life there as a begger on streets of ''prontera pattaya''  i wonder if they respond when i type '' zenny plesh'' :p_sad:

Edited by dagger47, 28 July 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#36 ZanRen

ZanRen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationTustin, CA
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

japanese-korean anime. if i remember right. or just japanese most likely.

pRO if i remember right, around 7-10k players per server (loki n chaos when i started).

i dunno about iRO

Edited by ZanRen, 28 July 2016 - 04:36 PM.

#37 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:38 PM

Actually I think at one time Thai players were forced to play on iRO. In one of my old screenshots there's a chat room up with "Thai help Thai." They didn't speak much English though (I learned 555 means LOL), so I think it was for the best they got their own dedicated release as the customer service needs to be catered to their language.

The screenshot I have for end of iRO first open beta shows maybe 5k~ players.

Edited by soudou, 28 July 2016 - 04:54 PM.

#38 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

Lol I'll think about it but you wont have fun. Its safe to say over 50% of them dont speak English. Also its all Thai language though. I dont think we've got English option lel

Actually I think at one time Thai players were forced to play on iRO. In one of my old screenshots there's a chat room up with "Thai help Thai." They didn't speak much English though (I learned 555 means LOL), so I think it was for the best they got their own dedicated release as the customer service needs to be catered to their language.

and 666 means lol too but it's a santa's lol. "5" is ha and "6" is oh ... so ... you figure what 666 sounds lmfao

#39 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Most of them are former players who have quit since pre-renewal because of botting and couldn't adapt themselves to renewal.
New company deceived them with Classic' advertisements.
But in fact. As I said before. Game mechanism still be renewal, with some exclusive such as fixed casting time removed. Recently there are only 2-1 classes and 2-2 classes will be added within 6 months.

So some of these players still use 'vintage' gears like composite bow [2 hydra 2 skel workers] in WoE. lol

Edited by Sigma1, 28 July 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#40 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:08 PM

taken from > ro.exe.in.th

Whats going on!, why the sudden popularity? what do they have that we dnt? are people in thailand ip blocked from playing IRO? 300k players is insane! :p_laugh:

one thing is for sure....there is clearly a market for ragnarok in thailand :heh:    now we need to find a way to make those 300k players join us  :mad:

There is no local server for many MMOs in Thailand, including RO2 and the other game... It's really not that complicated reason....

#41 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Hi, please do not discuss illegal methods of game registration here. And kindly keep it civil both ways, we can't tolerate having more roasted heads.

#42 sanSSS

sanSSS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

Most of them are former players who have quit since pre-renewal because of botting and couldn't adapt themselves to renewal.
New company deceived them with Classic' advertisements.
But in fact. As I said before. Game mechanism still be renewal, with some exclusive such as fixed casting time removed. Recently there are only 2-1 classes and 2-2 classes will be added within 6 months.

So some of these players still use 'vintage' gears like composite bow [2 hydra 2 skel workers] in WoE. lol

True !!!

Do you know ?

- Thai players want play RO classic (pre-renewal), if know that iro have RO classic and not have Problem about language, lag, delay because server live very far, I think thai players play iro classic server. (sure)

- CBT have about 300 k ID but OBT(about 1 month ago)   have about 150k ID (1 player can have many ID). player dropped why? if  3 month ago?

- Now TRO have style mix Classic + Renewal, I think it not balance because player (classic very weak) VS monster (Renewal very strong). Do you like it?

pom ru na kub wa khun sigma pen kon thai 555 pim bab nee dai mai kub tar mi dai ja rob hi kub eiei.

Edited by sanSSS, 28 July 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#43 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:53 PM

I dont see why people are complaining about the player numbers in comparison to iRO.

The answer is really very simple: culture.

#44 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:55 PM

i found out how to hide the pics 2 late....my beautiful post :p_sad:

#45 sanSSS

sanSSS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

yes!!! Culture

#46 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

True !!!

Do you know ?

- Thai players want play RO classic (pre-renewal), if know that iro have RO classic and not have Problem about language, lag, delay because server live very far, I think thai players play iro classic server. (sure)

- CBT have about 300 k ID but OBT(about 1 month ago)   have about 150k ID (1 player can have many ID). player dropped why? if  3 month ago?

- Now TRO have style mix Classic + Renewal, I think it not balance because player (classic very weak) VS monster (Renewal very strong). Do you like it?

pom ru na kub wa khun sigma pen kon thai 555 pim bab nee dai mai kub tar mi dai ja rob hi kub eiei.

Only if iRO Classic is wiped first and everyone starts from 0 :v

#47 sanSSS

sanSSS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:20 PM

I play TRO 14 years and play iro about 1 years

but I like iro (like Renewal and Classic)

Why? TRO can not have RO Classic but IRO can.

it very sad for thai player

but I happy in IRO 

#48 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

In other words. Those players wanna feel their old sweet memories when they played RO decade ago. A lot of them quit immediately after they realized that they are deceived. lol

#49 sanSSS

sanSSS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 07:37 PM

In other words. Those players wanna feel their old sweet memories when they played RO decade ago. A lot of them quit immediately after they realized that they are deceived. lol

true !!! LoL

#50 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:06 AM

Even 20k logged on at a time would be awesome. I'd probably quit at that point tho. Pretty laggy for me even at just 900 players right after maint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users