Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13 - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Refine Event Discussion Thread 9-13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
357 replies to this topic

#26 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

697 times items reached/lost levels to level 14

1151 times items reached/lost levels to level 13

Those numbers are still extremely high for a server with 2k populations, and we are talking about how +13 and +14 are extremely painful in WOE that further makes 'one shot fest' a thing. Good luck to whoever is still in it.

You're looking at the wrong numbers. The ones you should look are these, below.

40 distinct items reached level 15

12 distinct items reached level 16

5 distinct items reached level 17

1 distinct item reached level 18

Also, the population you look at is not 2000 from live server, but way less than that, from Sakray, and it was done in a single day, alas with free ores and zeny. I guess it really will be a lot in real server scenarios, but it's practically impossible to predict how many items will go to or break the barrier of +14.

meh so if some one has 15k bradiums /craniums

they would be doing well in this event right? well then it seems my time has come to go all out in a bang. I should just charge people to upgrade items and burn throw all my bradiums and craniums

You can also sell them. Nice hoarding.

Remember how there is requirement for WoE that is so high, it's not feasible for any new players or any new guilds to compete with? Thanks for having an event that strengthens that fact.

It doesn't affect just WoE, but all forms of competition or standard expectations. But WoE is the biggest to suffer from it.

You increase the amount of +14 KVMs and other gears while the established and current population can make use of it, and you decay any potential future for growth. You increase the reduction cap for things like CEB/RPB, you only make it worse for the potential future who didn't benefit off this event.

You throw this event in too often and you over saturate and destroy the server regardless.

Ultimately it's your move, just be aware the more times you pull events like this, the more you hurt yourself in the long run. If you wanted to stabilize first: work on bringing new players into the game, and trying to balance what already exists before you decide to burn everything down. But I don't know how many times that has to be said this year before anything is actually done about it.

I have always liked WoE, but never dreamt of WoEing here in iRO. In my case, though it has more to do with my favorite class not fitting what I always liked in it's preceding class, without a certain MVP card that's practically impossible for this same class to kill. But I have to endorse what you say about WoE. It's not fun if you are not able to compete, and I'd never dare say that those who are godlike in this game doesn't deserve it (Of course they do! Except those who use dupes, which I don't even know if they really exist), but deserve it or not, the higher the gap, the least it is interesting for people which cannot keep up with the competition. Though, as some people said, I'm pretty much convinced that Hammer will pop-up in Eden after this week's maint just like the last few times: without warning until he's already there, so, this whole discussion will lose a bit of it's strenght... just a bit, though...

Edited by Kusanagisama, 13 September 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#27 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

Real talk, how is this event supposed to benefit the server in the long run? The current argument is that it will allow players to +12 their equips easier. As it stands, the server is absolutely saturated with upgraded equips. Ok well looking past that, you want to allow newer players to have a chance to catch up, fair enough. But not all players have +10 or higher equips or the funds to reach +10 on their equips. wasn't the target of this new event supposed to be those "who enjoy Enriched Hammer"? How exactly is this event helping those who struggle to even +9 their gears?

Again moving on, ok a portion of the population now has +12 equips. That's actually great, they're now stronger than before and can explore new plateaus in this game (if there are any seeing as there hasn't been a true challenge in this game for a while now).

But the event doesn't just do a select population favours, no? No, there will the the group of players who are all well established with many overupgraded gears and they'll be looking to add to and expand their collection. Plenty of them already have stacks of HD ores well exceeding 5 to 10k and aren't going to spend a penny on KP, OR they will buy with zeny because you accumulate quite a bit of it over the years.

Now we look at the other problem RO is facing: playerbase. Our population is less than 2k and we are struggling mightily to recuit new players to come and play. It's not a secret that RO is a dying game, and a new player looking to join will find that everyone is loaded with gears they can only dream of attaining unless they literally break the bank as this event isn't gonna come around often. Would you feel inclined to blow your next paycheck to try and excell in a dying game?

So let's consider this real quick: who's really benefiting from this event? Who exactly is the target, and what are the consequences of its implementation? Looking forward, is this event really going to help maintain a healthy server?

#28 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:13 AM

In the end they are just gonna put it in no matter what we say.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

One of the best game management, no wonder we have the highest population.

#29 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:15 AM

Given the lack of pure autonomy from kRO... can WP even choose to not implement this? 

#30 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:15 AM

though it has more to do with my favorite class not fitting what I always liked in it's preceding class, without a certain MVP card that's practically impossible for this same class to kill.

There is a lot of opportunities for a warlock, even without the usage of a FBH. Well beyond the mentality of being a stasis slave too. Unfortunately you do suffer from being more of a glass cannon, while already being a squishy class in the first place. While the class is still great without the use of MVPs, it definitely is still overshadowed. Still, a Warlock is a good class to always have in WoE.

#31 xMSGx

xMSGx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:17 AM

I'm all for this event, but seriously need to look into adjusting the slaughter bonus from glorious weapons. You guys adjusted the glorious flamberge, why not for others. Its going to be a sura TC/GoH fest. Squishy classes are gonna be even squishier 

#32 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:18 AM

Given the lack of pure autonomy from kRO... can WP even choose to not implement this?

If they want to receive the next Ep and content update soon, no. We saw it happening before with other Ep. and retarded cash shop additions.

#33 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

You guys act as if +13/14s never existed on the server. Lel. Pretty silly.

#34 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

I'm all for this event, but seriously need to look into adjusting the slaughter bonus from glorious weapons. You guys adjusted the glorious flamberge, why not for others. Its going to be a sura TC/GoH fest. Squishy classes are gonna be even squishier

Again, if u have to adjust weapons to make up for a broken event, then the event is probably not a good idea lol

#35 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

By no means do I believe that's the case, but now ur larger, stronger guilds will have many many more, or even a greater ammount of +15-+18. It won't benefit the noobs//middle class much at all, but will,give a huge benefit to the already powerful veterans.

#36 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

If they want to receive the next Ep and content update soon, no. We saw it happening before with other Ep. and retarded cash shop additions.

If so, then it's better people just bunker down and start applying salve to their various tender orifices, as I will be doing. I don't think this is the end as some see it, but it is yet another step on the path to hell*.

*complete cash shop reliance (directly or indirectly.)

Edited by mildcontempt, 13 September 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#37 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:23 AM

I'm just sitting here hoping the you add the statement "Nightmare Biolabs will also be coming next week along with Sura's abilities being properly reduced."

#38 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

You can also sell them. Nice hoarding.

not hoarding saving for when i was going to try and +20 a lvl 4 weapon years before i even heard of a event like this. Already opend up on my account so they cant be traded nor sold. So instead of upgrading my gears. Ill upgrade other people gears. thats about it.

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:33 AM

There's so many things to consider on both sides of the argument.
KvMs have been around for what, 9 years or so? +9 used to be the pinnacle.

Then it was +12, higher if you thought the risk was worth the reward.
One of the first people to have a +14 was Budd Royce on Valk, but he spent way too much for it.
The risk/reward gap is just getting a little bit narrower with this, and it's for a limited time. Which does mean that a lot of people that can't afford it, won't get it.
This means newer players and veterans both. What people aren't really thinking about is that it takes a lot more than a +14 weapon to be the next big thing.
People will spend money. The game has to make money, so I can't blame the GMs for doing this.

Veterans need to be satisfied, but newer players will be turned off by this. Any way you slice it, not everyone is going to be happy.
I personally think this offers more detriment than anything else (and not because of KvM weapons), but that still doesn't make me fully against it.

Edited by Myzery, 13 September 2016 - 10:34 AM.

#40 bunnyband

bunnyband

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:38 AM

For now its +12 as the standard and probably less than 10 people have lv4 +14kvm in woe. 
After this its gonna be +14 as the standard and some people will have access to +15.

I see this as an act to close the gap with those current +14 which they worked hard to get and now being the standard if ever implemented

#41 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

For now its +12 as the standard and probably less than 10 people have lv4 +14kvm in woe.
After this its gonna be +14 as the standard and some people will have access to +15.

I see this as an act to close the gap with those current +14 which they worked hard to get and now being the standard if ever implemented

I would assume many more than 10 people have +14 lol, but I still see many of those current +14 or +13 holders now getting +15 to +18

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:41 AM

I do agree with your point and WarlockFier's points but the game does need to progress itself. It's like any other MMO and smart phone games. When the end game content hits a ceiling and players are sitting there doing nothing (aka sitting in prontera looking cute with cute headgears) instead of playing the game you have a problem.

The only endgame content right now is:
1. Make new character.
2. WoE.
3. Hunt MVPs.
4. Try and get better gears for all of the above.

And when players who are extremely into the game with all the characters, MVPs and at a upgrade peak, you need to give them something to do (Seriously the game has been out for 12 years). I personally don't need anything from the game itself to be honest except for a Thanatos Card (which I just spam Bloody Branches and Central Lab and pray to RNGesus[Who is apparently Ash right now or REDACTED]). I have every single god item, my gears are all ~+12 for the character I play. Only option I have left is make a bunch of new characters that I will most likely never play. 

You will probably argue that this isn't the right way of giving out end game content and this will widen the gap of new players to veterans to which I also agree with. Then what's the point of everything I said above? To make myself feel better and my anus less sore when I think about how many people might stop playing.

When the developers decide that gear implementations are more important than actual updates to the game, that's not progression, that's cashing in on a lost cause. Players have been waiting years for something new in the game only to get instances and cash shop-reliant content. Did they seriously think that rehashing Level 1-99 content for 12+ years would suit players? It would seem so, given how the direction of the game has been made to be more gear reliant without giving us new, better challenges to justify that reliance. Woo hoo, nightmare dungeons; because revisiting old maps is so much better than exploring actual new areas and enemies.

#43 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:47 AM

Why are people only focusing on KvM?

#44 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

I would assume many more than 10 people have +14 lol, but I still see many of those current +14 or +13 holders now getting +15 to +18

Did you even look at the numbers? +18? You serious?

#45 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

It's simple, really. The problem many of you raise is KVMs. I'll add to that, that Giant Crossbows will be an even huger menace to the WoE Scene. BUT, the problem with them is something entirely different. If Sura class skills had reductions properly apply to them across the board, then a +14 KVM Mace would not at all be a problem imo. With rangers, if No Limits were to be disabled in WoE like in jRO, the problem would be fixed. These problems already exist, and these 2 classes abuse it the most due to absurd damage. Problems need to be addressed directly, the fact that certain events have ancillary bearing on others isn't reason enough to stop them. 

Taking this a step further, if +14 KVM's damage really is a problem, then heck, just reduce the damage. Why was it ever allowed to exist? If you were fine with 1 lucky guy having them, then I don't see the problem with that number of lucky people increasing.

#46 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:50 AM

Did you even look at the numbers? +18? You serious?

Again. Somewhere between +15 to +18 and don't rule out +18 cuz it is possible, I don't expect an army of them but let's be realistic, ppl will use this as an opportunity. But I doubt we will see +19s or,20s lol

Edited by Spoon, 13 September 2016 - 10:53 AM.

#47 longshoe

longshoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationCanada West coast
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

:pif: Agree on reduce dmg of KVM weapons.

#48 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

Again. Somewhere between +15 to +18 and don't rule out +18 cuz it is possible, I don't expect an army of them but let's be realistic, ppl will use this as an opportunity. But I doubt we will see +19s or,20s lol

It was always possible though.

#49 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

But I doubt we will see +19s or,20s lol

Not a level 3 weapon but Ash will probably do it with his RWC Knife.

#50 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

When the developers decide that gear implementations are more important than actual updates to the game, that's not progression, that's cashing in on a lost cause. Players have been waiting years for something new in the game only to get instances and cash shop-reliant content. Did they seriously think that rehashing Level 1-99 content for 12+ years would suit players? It would seem so, given how the direction of the game has been made to be more gear reliant without giving us new, better challenges to justify that reliance. Woo hoo, nightmare dungeons; because revisiting old maps is so much better than exploring actual new areas and enemies.

I don't mean to argue with you, as I agree, but we are talking about iRO which features a server that refuses to go past the year 2010.

Hell, there are people who want to regress even further than that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users