[Confirmed] Latency & Disconnections In Game Arena Areas - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[Confirmed] Latency & Disconnections In Game Arena Areas

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

I'm sure this issue has been addressed before but since i haven't seen any fixes yet i'm forced to make a topic. 

It's high time this should be fixed.

It's like we play AA with 4-5 second delay, just to d/c after 10 mins. AA is a real big part of this game for those who are more  into PvP, it isn't something we can ignore and move on. Please fix it asap.

#2 QueenElizabeth

QueenElizabeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:36 AM

Yes please fix it.

It is totally annoying when half of the team or more... can't play or disconnect.

As Raphael says... AA is a big part of this game... a fun part. And this lags and disconnects let it die.

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

Maybe shifting to CD with a lower player cap would work better to reduce the stress on the server until it's addressed, has anyone tested it out yet?

#4 marwanownz

marwanownz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:06 PM

I never lag in anything apart from AA in game and as Raphael mentioned AA is a big part of the game and at the moment it cant be played for some with 4-5 second delay and if not that just instant DC's some say its due to flame animation... no one knows what is really causing it.

Edited by marwanownz, 22 September 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#5 VaniaBlue

VaniaBlue

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:27 PM

Horrible lag and d/c's in AA!!!!

REALLY HORRIBLE-TERRIBLE. I was crashed with no reason! 

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 04:04 PM

Again, have any of you tried playing CD instead? The hardware is probably stressed out right now and needs a restart. 

#7 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:47 PM

Even dc with out doing anything, just afk

#8 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:04 AM

Thank you for your report guys. The ROSE Team is looking into this and seeing what they can do to help resolve some of the lag and dc issues you are having in AA. Just to clarify, this isn't happening in any of the other pvp maps, or zones in the game, only AA?

#9 henrycao

henrycao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

I played some AA, I dont experience the delay these other players are talking about however my client does crash from randomly every once in a blue moon. I do remember back in the day when I used shared internet I would crash all the time in crystal defenders for respawning with lag. It doesnt happen anymore though probably because I have my own personal internet that I share with no one. If you ever have a buddy streaming and downloading it taxes your signal to the servers.

From a person who plays lots of moba games, my tip to you "frames per second" and "ping" is almost everything.

Some of you players with lower system specs might be displaying lower frame rate therefore your computer doesn't process every little movement to show on screen = lag.

here are some tips that might help:

Computer~

Try playing AA with low performance graphics and low bloom effect.

If that's not enough, make sure to turn off everything else like additional clients, anything that you are not using as those things will tax your computers processor while you play.

Wifi signal~

Make sure you have a stable connection. Don't stream or download while you play AA. Close everything that uses up any internet.

(sorry for you players out there who live far from na servers, by default your ping would be higher due to the distance)

Remember the Giant Scuba Moldie from the event? How EVERYONE was lagging? Because AA is similar where players clump and spam skills. Rose doesn't require a good computer to play. However in AA when you have tons of players spamming abilities and all clumped up YOU WILL LAG because it requires more out of your computer.

If none of my tips work, explain because I don't understand, lol

#10 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

I played some AA, I dont experience the delay these other players are talking about however my client does crash from randomly every once in a blue moon. I do remember back in the day when I used shared internet I would crash all the time in crystal defenders for respawning with lag. It doesnt happen anymore though probably because I have my own personal internet that I share with no one. If you ever have a buddy streaming and downloading it taxes your signal to the servers.

From a person who plays lots of moba games, my tip to you "frames per second" and "ping" is almost everything.

Some of you players with lower system specs might be displaying lower frame rate therefore your computer doesn't process every little movement to show on screen = lag.

here are some tips that might help:

Computer~

Try playing AA with low performance graphics and low bloom effect.

If that's not enough, make sure to turn off everything else like additional clients, anything that you are not using as those things will tax your computers processor while you play.

Wifi signal~

Make sure you have a stable connection. Don't stream or download while you play AA. Close everything that uses up any internet.

(sorry for you players out there who live far from na servers, by default your ping would be higher due to the distance)

Remember the Giant Scuba Moldie from the event? How EVERYONE was lagging? Because AA is similar where players clump and spam skills. Rose doesn't require a good computer to play. However in AA when you have tons of players spamming abilities and all clumped up YOU WILL LAG because it requires more out of your computer.

If none of my tips work, explain because I don't understand, lol

I've been playing AA for the past 2 years without any delay or problems until they brought this parademicshift update. To be honest idk whats that got to do with AA lags and d/c but it's been happening for alot of people since then.

I assure you it's not from our side.

#11 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for your report guys. The ROSE Team is looking into this and seeing what they can do to help resolve some of the lag and dc issues you are having in AA. Just to clarify, this isn't happening in any of the other pvp maps, or zones in the game, only AA?

The disconnection happens everywhere, when you dc you can immediately login again, but still a dc, which makes you lose a lot of chance to play.

The dc also happens in AA, along with client crash, right after you're teleported to AA, or in the middle of the AA, and even after AA finished.

#12 yuvalsagi

yuvalsagi

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

As someone who is playing AA alot , i'll try to explain what i think is the problem.

I did tried DP and CD , and they work fine , no delays or lags.

I agree with what Raphael said b4 , the lags/delay started after the paradigam shift , i think that the reason for that is AA used to be ruled by raiders before the paradigam shift , not alot of pepole played aoe chars , even clerics was a rare sight.

Today , AA is ruled by clerics and aoe chars , which cause alot of effects (aoe attacks,salamander etc..) , as i noticed , when there are 2-3 clerics and some aoe on each side , it really starting to lagging , alot of effects going on and in addition each team find it hard to kill the other , At this point most of the pepole have some delays and it remain that way untill 3-5 ppl dc from each side , then it usually back to normal (thou i used to be in games which it always lag).

Hope this helps , i'm really looking forward to non delays AA at the future.

#13 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:08 AM

The disconnection happens everywhere, when you dc you can immediately login again, but still a dc, which makes you lose a lot of chance to play.

The dc also happens in AA, along with client crash, right after you're teleported to AA, or in the middle of the AA, and even after AA finished.

Okay maybe i din't make myself clear, it's not one person getting disconnected but 5-10 people getting d/c at the same time after lagging hard for maybe 20-30 seconds.

#14 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:22 AM

Okay maybe i din't make myself clear, it's not one person getting disconnected but 5-10 people getting d/c at the same time after lagging hard for maybe 20-30 seconds.

Yep.

And the client crashes in the middle of AA, regardless of the time, it can happen anytime.

Many people crash at the same time.

The game is seriously broken at the moment.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:29 AM

HAS ANYONE TRIED PLAYING CD YET TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM EXIST IN THAT MAP? FFS =.= 

#16 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:43 PM

HAS ANYONE TRIED PLAYING CD YET TO SEE IF THE PROBLEM EXIST IN THAT MAP? FFS =.= 

I que'd all day, din't start! Tried getting a few people, no one bothered !

#17 meocutduoi

meocutduoi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationVietnam

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:25 PM

We did, no problem in CD :)

Edited by meocutduoi, 24 September 2016 - 05:27 PM.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

Ok, so if anyone else can collaborate Davion's post, we'll be on our way to pin-pointing the issue, and then Genesis can fix it. 

#19 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

We did, no problem in CD :)

Ok, so if anyone else can collaborate Davion's post, we'll be on our way to pin-pointing the issue, and then Genesis can fix it. 

CD didn't have dc issue. Confirmed.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

K, so we've narrowed it down to be more prevalent in AA.

Next thing we do is figure out the unique differences between CD, and AA.

Off the top of my head, I can think of the Player maximum limit being higher. 

Leads me to believe the server is being overloaded. 

#21 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

Still lagging & still d/c!

#22 marwanownz

marwanownz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

Any update on the AA lags and dc's?

#23 iKris

iKris

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

yes! AA is LAG and keep on dc'ng

plus+++

there are times when attacker side is always disconnected from 15/15 becomes 1/15 or worst 0/15 :(

Edited by iKris, 04 October 2016 - 08:50 AM.

#24 raranz25

raranz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:52 AM

Yes :( it's not our connection that has problems. Some instances all in our group will simultaneously dc and like when we relog the team will be just 1 or 2 out of 15 and like client crashes down with no reason. 

#25 iRaphael

iRaphael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:52 AM

How is this still not fixed .. its been over a month ...

And why hasnt any GM commented on it yet ?

Edited by iRaphael, 07 October 2016 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users