Things that Bother You Thread PT 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Things that Bother You Thread PT 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

Original Thread: https://forums.warpp...hat-bother-you/

Please read below. We will be sending the final list on Tuesday October 11th, Did we miss anything that is bugging you? Please let us know.

Compiled list:

• Skill Animation
    • In environments where many skills will be going off at once you can no longer following what is happening with ease:
    • Many skills such as pneuma, bowling bash, storm gust and other area of effect skills do not properly display the area of effect for the user.
    • Shaking of the camera during high density events can be too much. A more gentle shake or a cool down between shakes would be suggested.
    • Status effects are hard to see in large groups
    • /mineffect
      • Players want to see this expanded to cover the all skills and not just the current 9
  • Cursor
    • Often it is easy to lose the game cursor on the screen due to the color matching the back ground or if too many skills animation effects are overlapping the cursor.
  • Tool Tips
    • Many buffs, and status effects have no tool tip on the side base. For those buffs and status effects there is no easy to read timer associated with these images.
  • Character Buffs and Status Effects
    • Many when changing zone servers many of the buffs can be lost and need to be reapplied.
  • Position Bugging
    • The game client often loses track of other character’s location. Due to this those characters will not be displayed in the correct location.
  • Hardware
    • The latest generation of Nividia 7XX series graphic cards causes some major artifacting on certain maps.
  • Sprites
    • Super Novice Head is not attached to the body when riding the Halter Mount.
    • The level 150/175 Aura is not desired to its yellow color and large effect
  • UI
    • The chat window can be dragged off screen and be hard to recover. Players would like a way to lock UI element positions
    • Quest UI is hard to manage
    • Trade/Storage/Cart Window
      • No ability to quickly transfer items. Everything must be dragged and dropped. Ideally a system where you can shift and click to move items between windows will help safely moving items around.
      • Sorting is not permanent. Forcing players to manually sort by taking everything out and putting it back in again in the order they wish.
  • Instances
    • The instance system is archaic and needs to be modernized to better allow reentry and cool down management
    • Group rewards are lacking and do not promote party play
    • Ability to skip long dialog would be greatly appreciated.
  • Pet/Homunculus System
    • Hunger Bars outside the pet/homunculous windows would go a long way towards helping manage these critters
    • Many pets feel unfinished or rough in terms of animations and sprites
    • The homunculus system punishes actively playing with your minion.
  • Challenge
    • Instances/MVPs don’t offer as much of a challenge anymore. New content needs to offer real danger to adventurers rather than just a HP bar that needs to be slowly drained
  • Updates
    • The process of receiving updates and bug fixes from the studio is too slow.

#2 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

A way better way heal a homoculus pet. When crowded by monsters, it is hard to throw potions at the pet to keep it alive, more so a problem when unpicked up items are on the floor (like underneath monsters or the pet itself). Since Orc Dungeon 2 is heavily occupied and dungeon one lacks a lot of monsters to go afk

Windowed borderless mode

Mercenaries to last 1 hour or longer instead of 30 minutes

Mercenary Red, Blue, Concentration, Awakening, and Berserk potions to weigh 1 or 0 instead of 10

Edited by Lifiatansh, 08 October 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#3 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:58 PM

You forgot about the item Hiearchy. Suggested text:

Items:

- Due to the way items stack one over another, important or rare items and cards are frequently overlooked because players can't even see that they were dropped. Implementing a hierarchy of which items would have priority over the stack and over the mouse snap would greatly help within it.

- Extremely rare/important items, such as quest items, instance drops or MVP cards should go directly to the players inventory the same way as some instances/quest items. e.g.: Phantasmagoria quests.

Also, you could expand the list of skills which AoE is not currently displayed. Comet is a very emblematic case. XD It has the largest AoE of the game, and still the cast circle tricks you into believing that it's smaller than it actually is.

#4 Feonn

Feonn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:01 PM

MVPs and newly introduced highly upgraded gears has created a large barrier in WoETE, which defeats the purpose of TE being a friendly introduction to new players/ returning players with severely outdated gears.

Will the GMs look into balancing WOE TE?

#5 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

What about seeing if we can convert castle loots to old system or look into adding or adjusting item drops. I know this by far one most req thing for woe. Disable costumes in woe allow effects for all sprite changing items.

Edited by miliardo, 07 October 2016 - 02:19 PM.

#6 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:21 PM

I'm really surprised about : ''Often it is easy to lose the game cursor on the screen due to the color matching the back ground or if too many skills animation effects are overlapping the cursor.''

W.T.F 

This is what bother players in WoE/PVP/PVM/MVP? NOT THE ACTUAL BROKEN PVP/WOE/PVM/MVP SYSTEM? ALONG WITH THE ONE SHOT PARTY ? SASAOJIOSAJOISAJOISOAOJSA

n4zxA9L.jpg

P.S: Please add,probably i'm the only who cares about this

The lack of Class/PvP/PvM/WoE/MVP Balance .

#7 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

The fact that owning 9 forts still gives you barely any return is pathetic, this really needs to be fixed.

#8 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:23 PM

When you sort the storage, it would be great if it would stay that way and not revert back when you close it.

Edit: Also maybe, a sort feature in the inventory would be awesome.

Edited by kappakeepokupo, 07 October 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#9 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

On the vend window: cannot distinguish similar items. For example, the same Mora gears but with different enchants will look the same but we cannot see the enchants on the vend window. This can cause mispricing and misselling. Allowing right-click on the vend window would be a simple fix.

Carrying capacity (Item Window, Alt+E): is it possible to increase the capacity? Also, can we have an indicator of how many items we have currently, similar to the Storage/Cart UI: eg 73/100

#10 DivinumRen

DivinumRen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Some buff skill cost items (for example shadow orb & elemental charms for ninja skills) that can't be put in the shortcut bar.

Malangdo bullets & neutral kunais/shurikens they are very hard to obtain with malang cans.

Lack of headgears, boots, cloak, armors for Rebellion, accessories and card combos for expanded jobs.

Thank you Campitor for listen the comunity.

#11 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

the ultimate bothers me is when i multi tasking minimizing the window client and the mouse is jumping over the desktop i tried mouse lock tool but everytime i play on another computer i install and install the tool its not normal for me or other player requested it that way? please enlighten me...thanks

#12 LegginsSenpai

LegginsSenpai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in México
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

Something that is really obnoxious for me is to recive private messages during fights. Whenever I recive a message the input changes immediately to the chat window and I end up getting mauled by several mobs because of that. (I know is kind of stupid to engage several monsters at a time, but at least I can manage them by blowing bashing them.) I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem or if you can change this ingame, Im kind of new to the game, but still I hate it when it happens.

#13 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:01 PM

Tedious NPC rewards:

NPCs that let you purchase or exchange items for rewards usually don't have a redeem X option. This makes things like redeeming WoE Investment Tickets and Guarana Candy extremely tedious to buy, when you're getting one at a time, and want thousands. This leads to most of these being purchased first by bots.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:04 PM

offline vending is needed

#15 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:12 PM

i just want to be able to de-equip 20 gears (main and shadow gears) simultaneously =(

and ability to transfer items into storage with only 1 click :p_laugh:  

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

BOWLING BASH GRIDLINES NEED TO BE VISIBLE

#17 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

I find it extremely important we actually get some bugs rendering skills useless fixed. Hissis has compiled a lovely list detailing bugs. I for one would love to have at least one of my AOE skills on my Kage become relevant again with the Charm-Fire bug(Does (900 + 150)% instead of 900% x (1+1.5) to Exploding Dragon) fixed.

https://forums.warpp...issing-patches/

I beg of thee, lookith upon thou bugs of skills, and requesteth they be squashed.

#18 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:21 PM

Upgrading

- It bothers me that I have to click multiple times to upgrade an item once: let us set a one click upgrade, or "perform last upgrade action"

- It bothers me that Mighty hammer says " he is the most awesome blacksmith everrrrrr" when he can even fail a level 1 weapon. His chat should reflect the disgust with his incompetence in upgrading properly

- I want to set an upgrade target and auto upgrade: e.g. set upgrade target to +14, and the npc keeps trying until I either get that +14 or I run out of ores, whatever is faster.

DO IT PLEASE CAMP.

#19 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:33 PM

The enchant system.

The RNG of it all. It really locks in the need for safe refining as the enchants are SO random that it just makes sense to safely upgrade say a critical enchanted white wing suit as opposed to spending 2000 odd coins to make enough suits to try a manual upgrade.

The actual NPC scripting is RSI/Carpal Tunnel Inducing.

General update on what enchants can be applied. They are all pretty generic.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 07 October 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#20 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

PvM/Instance related:

Most of the late game monsters/bosses feature either braindead (too simple) or exploitable AI that it makes PvM a chore rather than an actual challenge. kRO was starting to get on the right track with the implementation of Faceworm Nest with Faceworm Queen's boss fight mechanics (though exploitable), but they backtracked by a mile by the time Bios Island/Mors Cave/Demon Temple got implemented when all the instance boss does is auto-attack you and cycle through a couple of spells. I wouldn't mind that most of the future bosses have 50m+ HP if they weren't so boring to fight against. For comparison's sake, just look at kRO's Nightmare Biolabs vs. jRO's Nightmare Biolabs.

Though jRO's Bio5 monsters have much less health, they're alot harder simply because of their more complex behaviors and extra skill sets. I'd rather deal with the latter than the former. If late-game monster AI is as hard as this, you'd be promoting actual party play which is one of the Renewal's main problems with PvM.

tl;dr kRO doesn't understand how to make decent nightmare monster/boss fights, they need to take lessons from something like jRO.

Edited by DarkGazer, 07 October 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#21 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:11 PM

Additional Hotkeys like alt + any keys other than crtl and shift. Coz 32 keys is now short due to more equips, consumables and skills. Competitively playing, fast switching between offense set and defense set draws the line between life and death.

#22 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

Some of these requests are seriously just plain lazy. I mean, distinguishing enchanted items, auto loots, equipping simultaneous gears, etc?

You guys complained that the game is too easy, and now this? They're not game breaking QoL issues.

Edit: ahaha after rereading the things that I spoke against about, it was not something thats as bad as I thought. My apologies. (Auto looting MVP cards still bad imo though)

Edited by DeadIntern, 07 October 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:36 PM

game breaking QoL issues.

Please think about what you just said.

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:47 PM

I did. Take my opinion or don't, it doesn't matter to me.

But bombarding the studio with 1001 requests will obscure the 101 that are actually more important.

Edited by DeadIntern, 07 October 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#25 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

Not having a system like a Market Board on RO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users