ROdex Mail discussion - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

ROdex Mail discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#26 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:36 AM

That's nonsense.Account sharing is an offense punishable by suspension.None of the ordinary players does it let alone guild leaders.

#27 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 November 2016 - 05:22 AM

Considering a full guild for all three woes of a week, we all have storage & supply account for each guild and mailing 56 chars at least 5 mails per woe (pots,sp,speeds etc...) its going to take nearly 5x56 = 280 mails more or less. And for three woes its about to be ~900 mails per week. 

Limiting that to just 99 mails is a hard hammer over all the guilds.

Yes, but that's the old system... RODex lets you send 5 items per mail. So you'll only need to send 56 mails, not 280.

mailcompose.jpg

#28 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:23 AM

When I read about the update, I did think that the stamps are going to be a problem, but I was too ignorant to look into more information. Reading the thread, I think it's clear that the RODEX update absolutely NEEDS to be halted at least until we receive the guild warehouse update. If not, WoE is going to take a serious hit. It was already bad that they made you go to mail annex, and now they're removing that too? What's the point of new "updates" when they do not even have 10% of the efficiency of the old ones? It's as if KRO is being paid to make the game die.

EDIT: Another problem with this update.

"Items cannot exceed 2000 Weight total."- I think this means the whole mail can only contain items worth 2000 weight. So that means 1000 slims. Less than the average person's supply(imo). So the weight limit is not even enough for one item's stack, let alone mailing speed pots and such along with slims in one mail. 

Edited by WolfTri, 27 November 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#29 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:29 AM

Every week I mail 200+ messages, each containing 10000 weight. I understand the new system limits messages to 2000 weight and might also have some kind of rate limit. For me that would be like not having mail at all.

#30 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:48 AM

This update is just flat out worse than the old mail system, in every single possible way (except that you seem to be able to use it from anywhere, just the mail system could be before kRO disabled it for us). Someone please tell me why this is better in any way. Why are we getting this so-called update at all. We seriously need to put this on ice just like Para Market.

#31 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

It seems for the mail system to be ideal for use would be the

new mail system - the 2000 weight limit - stamp system - taxes.

Then it'd actually be worth it, otherwise we'd be better off staying with what we have.

#32 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:38 AM

Every week I mail 200+ messages, each containing 10000 weight. I understand the new system limits messages to 2000 weight and might also have some kind of rate limit. For me that would be like not having mail at all.

Ouch.

The best would be to keep the old mailman working as it is now, on top of the new mail system, so people who have to mail such mass quantities can do it via mailman (for heavy bulks of one item) and for tiny amounts of supplies the rest would use rodex.

Edited by meli, 27 November 2016 - 07:43 AM.

#33 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:24 AM

The only thing most annoying iwht the rodex is the weight issue. If only it can be lifted.

#34 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

So what you are say is that all of the guild that mail for supplies are -_-? Thanks GMs smfh. Another way to -_- us over.

GMs have nothing to do with this lol.

#35 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

GMs have nothing to do with this lol.

your right! Ill fix it.

So what you are say is that all of the guild that mail for supplies are -_-? Thanks CEO's of gravity smfh. Another way to -_- us over.

#36 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

Because people aren't already sharing guildleader accounts to do stuff, right?

Yeah, I totally give my members the supplier account and they supply themselves without anyone checking who is taking what or being given what.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:14 PM

This update is just flat out worse than the old mail system, in every single possible way (except that you seem to be able to use it from anywhere, just the mail system could be before kRO disabled it for us).

I'm pretty sure you weren't able to get your mail while out in the field maps on the old system. Neither did you get a decent notification for getting mail.

Yeah, I totally give my members the supplier account and they supply themselves without anyone checking who is taking what or being given what.

Can't deny that it happens, whether you do it or not.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 November 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#38 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

Because people aren't already sharing guildleader accounts to do stuff, right?

Of course, normally there would be 1 or 2 or so other people with access so they can help split the load of work. One person can't handle running a large WoE guild well by themselves. It ain't easy. Every WoE guild leader knows this.

And if 30+ people had access to it, there would be no supplies at all and the guild would get bankrupt because people are greedy like that :v!

#39 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

You guys should be thankful,some RO servers never got the Old Mail system.

Looks like everyone enjoy delayed updates, Still no fix for the malangdo card system,still no info for paramarket (which is a good place,just need to be balanced),still ZERO FIXED BUGS and now you guys want to delay RODEX just because you can't tob supply anymore? 

If this is a huge problem for everyone,why you guys don't push WP and Gravity for Guild Warehouse? 

geez

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

You guys should be thankful,some RO servers never got the Old Mail system.

Looks like everyone enjoy delayed updates, Still no fix for the malangdo card system,still no info for paramarket (which is a good place,just need to be balanced),still ZERO FIXED BUGS and now you guys want to delay RODEX just because you can't tob supply anymore?

If this is a huge problem for everyone,why you guys don't push WP and Gravity for Guild Warehouse?

geez

Because PVM players don't matter. The mail system was modified on iRO to serve WoE players since the mail system was removed because of the duping issues. Any PVM player trying to send stuff to friends wouldn't be able to unless the items are WoE-related.

Either way, we don't know what iRO plans to do. We know how they are when it comes to withholding certain updates.

#41 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

PvM needs some more love qq

#42 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

PvM needs some more love qq

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every single update since the Abyss Hall has been completely unrelated to War of Emperium and PvP. So exclusively PvM content. (Except the WoE:TE Update).

And now when we ask to at least NOT push an update that will completely screw up a WoE scene (which is already long-overdue for "revitalization"), in comes #PvMLivesMatter.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

hey guys don't worry about it just suck it up and share your supplier so its FFA and you dunno who took what and wait on the guild storage thing that hasn't even been announced as in the pipeline for iRO yet.

#44 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every single update since the Abyss Hall has been completely unrelated to War of Emperium and PvP. So exclusively PvM content. (Except the WoE:TE Update).

And now when we ask to at least NOT push an update that will completely screw up a WoE scene (which is already long-overdue for "revitalization"), in comes #PvMLivesMatter.

Nah I'm just being silly :v (I'm mainly thinking about the recent TIs and the maps being meh in my opinion even though it's unrelated haha)

WoE still needs love too, just a different type of love lul

Edited by Akreis, 27 November 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#45 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

Fg9DXWl.png

Edited by Shomaye, 27 November 2016 - 12:47 PM.

#46 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

So far, the pros have been to access mails while in field maps, and getting a more visible notification when you receive mail.

And the cons are that bulk mail is being hit hard, no matter if it's for WoE or brewing or any other aspect. The most directly affected by this are most of the WoE guilds on the server, and the largest and oldest brewers of the server.

But hey, gotta save them bwings, right?

Plus flashy mail popups. Nothing like being reminded of the zeny buying website mail that a bot so generously left in your mailbox.

#47 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

Well I didn't see anyone speak up for the guild warehouse update aside from me, but there were quite a few people pushing for RODEX. Maybe the WoE players should've spoke up for it if it was that important.

#48 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

Duuuuuuuuude now I can mail myself things for woe and instances and never use kafra cards. Mind. Blown. I hope this is implemented asap.

Edited by KamiKali, 27 November 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#49 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

I tried pushing for Guild Storage before. The only responses I would get would be "uhhhhhhhhh" like literally every single other response given on Tikis :V

#50 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:56 PM

Well I didn't see anyone speak up for the guild warehouse update aside from me, but there were quite a few people pushing for RODEX. Maybe the WoE players should've spoke up for it if it was that important.

It isn't important, I don't even know any details about it. Sorry for not speaking Korean and not playing on kRO? Either way, since when is it the players' responsibility to tell the GMs what updates to get.

Regardless, my point was not that WoE requires content updates. It was that it is a blatant lie to say that WoE is being prioritized over PvM in iRO. 

What makes the guild storage important is the removal of an essential feature. So now not only do players have to ask the GMs not to remove a key element in exchange for some update whose details are still not officially published, but also anticipate that this feature would be removed and hence ask for another feature to compensate in advance? At this rate, they ought to give us a seat on the board of directors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users