State of iro chaos/Thor/classic - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

State of iro chaos/Thor/classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#26 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:41 PM

LoL is not balanced no game is balanced

One does not simply compare LoL balance to iRO balance. Just because the "ideal" state of perfect balance cannot ever exist, does not mean that everything which isn't 100% balanced is equally trash. I'd say Riot does a good job balancing, or trying to balance, compared to most other game companies. 

Balance is for the game designer to consider. The players are the absolute last people who must affect this. If x change was deemed fine by the devs, then it is their decision to push it through. Some design choices have certain tradeoffs. Maybe they think the reward is worth the cost. The only complication is that iRO is not the same as kRO, and iRO does not have a team of its own which can analyze and objectively decide. 

It's a great thing to listen to the community's wishes every once in a while, especially when it is unanimous and the said wishes do not harm any other member of the playerbase. But giving such wide power to players, and taking certain key decisions simply because certain people or number of people wanted that change on forums, even though other players opposed it , is just favoritism and arbitrariness on behalf of the CMs. 

#27 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

It's alive for me. Truth be told in Thor I met bunch of new players who are new to iRO if I'm not mistaken or they are just server hoppers. I couldn't even count it with my fingers.  :heh:

In Chaos, I met returning people to the game and returning bots too. So yeah. The server is still alive.

Maybe it will last until kRO agrees to give us a saranghae.  :heh:

I would say survinving,not alive.

xD

#28 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

One does not simply compare LoL balance to iRO balance. Just because the "ideal" state of perfect balance cannot ever exist, does not mean that everything which isn't 100% balanced is equally trash. I'd say Riot does a good job balancing, or trying to balance, compared to most other game companies. 

I agree, it was simply used as a example. Riot does a good job balancing most things but the point of the statement is that no game can ever be 100% balanced. There is always a meta of what is strong and what is not and for a game like RO and WoW where PvP and WoE is a large aspect of it, there will always be certain compositions or classes that just outweighs the other i.e. Prerenewal Assassin Cross, WoW Arena MRP combo. It is up to the players to adapt to what is balanced and what is not.

Balance is for the game designer to consider. The players are the absolute last people who must affect this. If x change was deemed fine by the devs, then it is their decision to push it through. Some design choices have certain tradeoffs. Maybe they think the reward is worth the cost. The only complication is that iRO is not the same as kRO, and iRO does not have a team of its own which can analyze and objectively decide. 

It's a great thing to listen to the community's wishes every once in a while, especially when it is unanimous and the said wishes do not harm any other member of the playerbase. But giving such wide power to players, and taking certain key decisions simply because certain people or number of people wanted that change on forums, even though other players opposed it , is just favoritism and arbitrariness on behalf of the CMs. 

And this is exactly my point and you articulate it much better than me. 

#29 VModAvocado

VModAvocado

I made it Off Topic

• VMod Retired
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Hello!

Just a reminder that discussion of other MMOs is not allowed on forums. Please keep discussion focused on Ragnarok Online. Thank you.

#30 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

It's a great thing to listen to the community's wishes every once in a while, especially when it is unanimous and the said wishes do not harm any other member of the playerbase. But giving such wide power to players, and taking certain key decisions simply because certain people or number of people wanted that change on forums, even though other players opposed it , is just favoritism and arbitrariness on behalf of the CMs. 

GMs should read this

#31 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:59 PM

Hello!

Just a reminder that discussion of other MMOs is not allowed on forums. Please keep discussion focused on Ragnarok Online. Thank you.

Good luck enforcing it!

Edited by Demeris, 28 December 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:04 PM

xD

True that people have been saying iRO is dead since 2012, the year when I joined iRO. However, considering all the merges we've had, 2.4k online users including bots and alts is significantly low and simply hilarious. iRO is also an international server which means anyone from anywhere can play this server but they just choose not to smfh xD

Edited by ChakriGuard, 28 December 2016 - 06:04 PM.

#33 RieshaValentine

RieshaValentine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

iRO Thor

PVP - D E A D "Please open up a portal that connects both Chaos & Thor and restrict all item drop/trade/vend/etc... only PVP will take place! Please?"

WoE - Half dead i think  

PVM - Very much alive to tooters -_- 

#34 PaulEdward

PaulEdward

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

Honestly in thor, there is a massive decrease of population.. From 1.2k (when thor opened) to 750(player count on a daily basis)

I am not sure though of the reasons why they left but i am hearing rumors that some of it is related to the game's connection and speed.. If you are playing from The Philippines the ping connection can peak up to 256.. (that is very laggy)

Can be resolved thru WTFast but not everyone can afford to spend extra cash (instead of spending it on WPE) on latency softwares.

But in a nutshell.. It is still fun to play RO.. There are lots of instances to do and a lot of stories to be unfold.

I'm just hoping more players will do WoE (-_-) we are in shortage of players..

#35 TheFury

TheFury

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

another state of the game..

chaos, no fun found in the last month

Cant really remember the last fun time. i think it was about 5 years ago, there was this one event i think, i cant remember.

i will go with troy no fun since troy

#36 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:59 PM

State of the game: No event for July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas. New Years is just around the corner and no event. Camp you guys know that twRO, jRO and kRO gotten special events right? What do you guys do at work?

#37 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:19 AM

State of the game: No event for July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas. New Years is just around the corner and no event. Camp you guys know that twRO, jRO and kRO gotten special events right? What do you guys do at work?

The Xmas event is the jRO lucky box. Give us all your money for an assortment of bugged gears and missing sprites, with no confirmation or ETA of fixes. Yep, sounds like Christmas Spirit.

#38 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:21 AM

If you judge server health on the pvp room activity, then as of the time of this post chaos is the healthiest! 17 people at 9:20am on a work day?

Most of the time I check my pipvp site Thor has the most users. But chaos has been picking up lately.

#39 BornHater

BornHater

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:37 AM

THOR

pretty much the same as our previous server. i don't really care about pvm players.

woe is still fun ("if the enemy guilds decides to fight").

there's still a lot of poor plebs that rant about prices but everything is cool.

#40 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

True that people have been saying iRO is dead since 2012, the year when I joined iRO. However, considering all the merges we've had, 2.4k online users including bots and alts is significantly low and simply hilarious. iRO is also an international server which means anyone from anywhere can play this server but they just choose not to smfh xD

Since 2012? Lol. I remember people speaking about iRO's decadence/death in 2004... Edit: actually probably at the beginning of 2005, but i remember somehow 2004 as well. People were speaking about it in euRO (european official server) forum. We got some guilds moving from iRO to euRO as well in that period (godlike, forever love and forget the other) cause the server was "dying" and players decided to move to euRO (which got officially closed in 2010 lol, since it didn't have cash shop and people here keep complaining about pay2win without realizing that without it the server would have been closed long time ago).

Edited by meditation, 29 December 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#41 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:37 PM

xD

Same. If RO == survive { alive } else { dead }   :heh:

THOR

pretty much the same as our previous server. i don't really care about pvm players.

woe is still fun ("if the enemy guilds decides to fight").

there's still a lot of poor plebs that rant about prices but everything is cool.

No, I'd say there are more players during the last days of pRO compared to this. Having 3 servers, I think Valkyrie has more populations than what is in Thor considering that the current is composed of different people around the globe.

Needs to have media exposure even though this age is more popular around Portable/Mobile gaming rather than Desktop.

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:19 PM

Since 2012? Lol. I remember people speaking about iRO's decadence/death in 2004... Edit: actually probably at the beginning of 2005, but i remember somehow 2004 as well. People were speaking about it in euRO (european official server) forum. We got some guilds moving from iRO to euRO as well in that period (godlike, forever love and forget the other) cause the server was "dying" and players decided to move to euRO (which got officially closed in 2010 lol, since it didn't have cash shop and people here keep complaining about pay2win without realizing that without it the server would have been closed long time ago).

I didnt know far back 2004. I joined iRO in 2012 :/

#43 elmer0224

elmer0224

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Let's do massive campaign, mention, hashtag, tweet, IG and FB status about iRO. Let's have an International Ragnarok Online Day!

#RagnarokOnlineDay

#44 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hello!

So my post about playing <> RAGNAROK ONLINE was deleted why? As stated in the Vmod post he says to please stick to talking about RAGNAROK ONLINE. <> is RAGNAROK ONLINE. I was simply staying inside the mods required game yet still get my post deleted?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 29 December 2016 - 05:29 PM.
Snip

#45 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Because advertising illegal servers is prohibited as well

#46 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

So my post about playing <> RAGNAROK ONLINE was deleted why? As stated in the Vmod post he says to please stick to talking about RAGNAROK ONLINE. <> is RAGNAROK ONLINE. I was simply staying inside the mods required game yet still get my post deleted?

Enjoy your break from the forums.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 29 December 2016 - 05:30 PM.
Edited in quote.

#47 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Stop bullying MY Cinnamon or fight me lol

Edited by VModCinnamon, 29 December 2016 - 05:30 PM.
Edited in quote.

#48 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Stop bullying MY Cinnamon or fight me lol

Oh cinnamon PM me why haha. But with the server crash it didn't show on my notifications. Oops

They should really mail us a handbook on the rules that we have to follow on forums. I find myself always getting warning about something. -_-

Edited by Biggggg, 29 December 2016 - 05:26 PM.

#49 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:31 PM

Oh cinnamon PM me why haha. But with the server crash it didn't show on my notifications. Oops

They should really mail us a handbook on the rules that we have to follow on forums. I find myself always getting warning about something. -_-

https://forums.warpp...be-posted-here/

#50 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

I have responded to the PM with further info.

Now please let's stop at that and resume the on topic discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users