State of iro chaos/Thor/classic - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

State of iro chaos/Thor/classic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#126 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

ooohh i love to drink popcorn now
+20? not a big deal
its all in how you control your character and critical thingking
the real problem in the lag
merging ?
welp referee

#127 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

ooohh i love to drink popcorn now
+20? not a big deal
its all in how you control your character and critical thingking
the real problem in the lag
merging ?
welp referee

okay i think u had enough corn syrup  for one post squiddy >.>

#128 PaulEdward

PaulEdward

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

If only warpportal can do something about the lag issue in thor server, then there might be some people gaining interest in coming back..

I swear gm's i tried playing iRO with no WTFast on a 5MBPS plan here in PH, moving from one cell to another is like a sura's snap skill (-_-)

#129 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

If only warpportal can do something about the lag issue in thor server, then there might be some people gaining interest in coming back..

I swear gm's i tried playing iRO with no WTFast on a 5MBPS plan here in PH, moving from one cell to another is like a sura's snap skill ( -_-)

It's your ISP, most of us are doing fine even without those at 1mpbs on major cities

#130 PaulEdward

PaulEdward

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

It's your ISP, most of us are doing fine even without those at 1mpbs on major cities

What is your ISP?

#131 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

PLDT in Cebu, 

#132 RieshaValentine

RieshaValentine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

What is your ISP?

hello there.. try checking your ISP ping stability... 
Open Command Prompt and type this... 

ping www.lol.ph -t

then you'll see a reply from ******* sort of numbers... 

the lower digit the fastest in terms on gaming! if there are bunch of RTO's try contacting your ISP's Customer Support 

also install Leatrix Fix to reduce the LAG just make sure that Leatrix FIX is fully installed! ask google for the link :)

and lastly i'm only using Smart Bro Canopy Plan 999 @ 1mbps    3:) 

#133 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

Got 5mbps still laggy, more laggy than when I use 250 (?) Kbps back in pRO lol

#134 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

Because connection speed doesnt matter. You can play just fine with dial up(well RO was launched when this was very much a thing) if you live close to the server.

#135 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:11 AM

there really isnt much you can do about your connection if you live in sea until they update their cables to an acceptable standard so to many thor players in this case there isnt much iRO can do about it besides wait for the sea region to improve

#136 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

When I was in Thailand, I WoE'ed in iRO just fine without WT-_-. You just need fast internet and stable connection. I'm not a tech smart person. Just go to your internet carrier and tell them you want the best fastest internet available and you will be fine hahaha

Edited by ChakriGuard, 09 January 2017 - 11:43 AM.

#137 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

As far as I can see during login, Chaos has 2000-ish players while Thor has 200-ish. 10% of the population are humans leveling-up their alts/doing instances/badges while 90% are mostly alts vending and bots. Are you still not satisfied for not having a server merge? 

#138 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

As far as I can see during login, Chaos has 2000-ish players while Thor has 200-ish. 10% of the population are humans leveling-up their alts/doing instances/badges while 90% are mostly alts vending and bots. Are you still not satisfied for not having a server merge? 

Wait, it's 90%? Thot it was 95% all along...:heh:

#139 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:28 PM

You can always check ragial for the total number of vends in prontera, eden and payon. Usually at 600-700. Let's say another 100 vends at other spots. Easily 300-500 characters parked in Eden, Prontera, Geffen, Payon, Lighthalzen, Mora, etc. just for afking. And another 100 Afkemists at orc dungeon and ant hell. That leaves us with 600. I'm willing to bet at least half of those are bots. Then you deduct alt characters. All things considered, I highly doubt there are more than 300 active players at any given time. (Chaos)

#140 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Just a matter of time lol

Also make sure to make a topic about changing WoE times to suit your Pinoys players too ^.^

#141 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Just a matter of time lol

Also make sure to make a topic about changing WoE times to suit your Pinoys players too ^.^

Lol our pinoys friends 3 stars and a sun just let their chars sit at lower left side prontera.

#142 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

not enough roleplayers in Thor  :p_sick:

#143 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:21 AM

When I was in Thailand, I WoE'ed in iRO just fine without WT-_-. You just need fast internet and stable connection. I'm not a tech smart person. Just go to your internet carrier and tell them you want the best fastest internet available and you will be fine hahaha

Not even possible. Connection here is not like that fast as Google's/Time's or anything of that caliber.  :heh: The distance from the server is also a big factor. The number of online players. The stability of the user's internet connection. The speed. The weather. There are a lot of factors.  :heh:

All you really need is patience.

Spoiler

#144 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:33 AM

13 years later and it's still Lagnarok Online. No matter how fast or close you live to the server, it's gets awfully laggy during WoE. 

#145 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:35 AM

the internet in other countries are far supiror to what USA has which is why some countries are like wtf is lag? lol

#146 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

Lets face the actual facts... your game is DEAD... 2288 people online as i write this... two thousand two hundred and eighty eight... thats it... on Chaos... an accumulation of multiple server mergers and still not even three thousand players including alts and bots and A-_-.... there are hundreds of "small" towns in the USA with larger populations... and this is pretty much worldwide at this point (minus japan and Korea)... and yet you keep holding on hoping that some miracle will bring back the glory of old... even if all lag was fixed and ragnarok advertised on every major network in the USA and if the management was to actually enforce their rules with consistency you really think youre going to go back to what it was? wake up! this is game is super old and it shows... what youre all staring at and refusing to admit is that this server just like every official server is now just trying to grab every last ounce of cash before it throws in the towel and calls it quits... goodbye and thanks for all the fish... this game is outdated in every sense... whats gonna keep it going? woe? a new and buggy update? a new race? lets be real, other companies are pushing out updates every couple months and addressing bugs within weeks (not years)... how long has it been without a mail system that works as intended, guild storage, housing, ect... and thats not including management thats not only involved but at least semi transparent... so there ya go... there is the current state of this game in a nutshell.... compared to most other games this game struggles to still get a 2 out of 10...

#147 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Damn, Facekiller came out of lurking to post. That's when you know things are bad.

#148 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

facekiller in 2017 = mind blown

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

At least people on chaos/thor still care enough to speak about it. 

#150 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

Lets face the actual facts... your game is DEAD... 2288 people online as i write this... two thousand two hundred and eighty eight... thats it... on Chaos... an accumulation of multiple server mergers and still not even three thousand players including alts and bots and A-_-.... there are hundreds of "small" towns in the USA with larger populations... and this is pretty much worldwide at this point (minus japan and Korea)... and yet you keep holding on hoping that some miracle will bring back the glory of old... even if all lag was fixed and ragnarok advertised on every major network in the USA and if the management was to actually enforce their rules with consistency you really think youre going to go back to what it was? wake up! this is game is super old and it shows... what youre all staring at and refusing to admit is that this server just like every official server is now just trying to grab every last ounce of cash before it throws in the towel and calls it quits... goodbye and thanks for all the fish... this game is outdated in every sense... whats gonna keep it going? woe? a new and buggy update? a new race? lets be real, other companies are pushing out updates every couple months and addressing bugs within weeks (not years)... how long has it been without a mail system that works as intended, guild storage, housing, ect... and thats not including management thats not only involved but at least semi transparent... so there ya go... there is the current state of this game in a nutshell.... compared to most other games this game struggles to still get a 2 out of 10...

We all know which is ragnarok and which is facekiller here.

See you space Cowboy ^.^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users