Should RO buff god items? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Should RO buff god items?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#26 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:37 PM

Adding slots to and/or making the God Items upgrade-able (with some really competent upgrade bonuses) will restore the old glory of the God Items. With the exemption of the nerfed Asprika, Gods are still great items but no longer as great as in the pre-renewal times. Point is, there should be a great disparity between a normal/kafra gear and a God item. I find it unacceptable that God items nowadays are only better than the new regular/kafra gears by a small degree.

#27 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Adding slots to and/or making the God Items upgrade-able (with some really competent upgrade bonuses) will restore the old glory of the God Items. With the exemption of the nerfed Asprika, Gods are still great items but no longer as great as in the pre-renewal times. Point is, there should be a great disparity between a normal/kafra gear and a God item. I find it unacceptable that God items nowadays are only better than the new regular/kafra gears by a small degree.

Exactly, and some of my friends who have god items are pretty frustrated now because they found their god items are almost useless; they spent years in IRO and now it makes no sense.

#28 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Make god items into shadow equipment.  :heh:

#29 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

God item is old content 

lol its like you are asking Bash skill to get 3000% skill modifier, which is not gonna be happen except with another support item

maybe with other new god item in future ?

ex : increase xxx if character equiped with Megingjard

increase xxx if the weapon is Mjolnir

Edited by Silvianna, 19 January 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#30 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

God item is old content 

lol its like you are asking Bash skill to get 3000% skill modifier, which is not gonna be happen except with another support item

Skill formulas can be easily modified, can't they? If private servers and jRO can, why can't iRO? Or better, gravity should just phase this old RO game out and launch a new and 3D RO with all the existing accounts and items translated from the old to the new RO game. Starting over with a RO 2.0 (I don't mean RO II) will solve all the coding issues that Gravity is prolly facing as well as the "OpenKore leak" that led to the interminable bot problems of the game.

#31 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

jRO owns the developers, iRO is owned by the developers. You tell me who has more customization power.

#32 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:34 AM

From Oda's interview with the developers from kRO, I remember them saying iRO has been vested more customization power now, what happened to that? And what about asking for full liberty in customizing iRO's contents?

#33 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:37 AM

jRO owns the developers, iRO is owned by the developers. You tell me who has more customization power.

Gung-Ho rules :heh:

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

From Oda's interview with the developers from kRO, I remember them saying iRO has been vested more customization power now, what happened to that? And what about asking for full liberty in customizing iRO's contents?

If we want to be decades behind on updates from the developers because they have to do extra testing due to not only script translations issues but also custom mechanics, then sure. Let us pretty much never get quality-of-life updates like the Bowling Bash fix or RODEX because then the developers would have to keep track of updating what would then be 3 very different versions of RO (kRO, jRO, iRO) instead of 2 (kRO, jRO) and we all know how well they're doing with updating just 2 versions of RO.

I'm pretty sure if iRO was given the ability to customize every mechanic of iRO to pserver levels, gears coming from kRO and jRO would be much worse here than it is now.

#35 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

We'll we're already decades behind on updates anyways. Haha! Hopeless case. Gravity should just phase this old game out and come up with an improved version sans the "leak".

#36 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:54 AM

I dont know why we should make kvm tradable

because of pvp, pvm demimobs , woe, many accounts, many characters, even vellum is tradable and most of all to save time and money hihihi

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

"More customization power".... increased from 1% to 1.5% :v

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

Could already look to RO2, ROSE, Requiem, and Dragon Saga to see what WP would do with unlimited development power over a game they didn't make. Hint: freedom to do whatever they want with a game doesn't necessarily equate to a better game experience.

#39 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:53 AM

Buff sleipnir

#40 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:57 AM

I dunno bout those games' gaming community but with the freedom to customize content, WP can customize or, in case of a bad move, revert or make necessary amendments at will. Not the "Let's wait one million years for kRO to respond to our request for this and that to address the community's cause of uproar".

#41 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

Power creep is real

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:35 AM

Lets make megs weight 0 and give 200 str each gg

#43 Mathspy

Mathspy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:45 AM

Make a Kafra shop item that upgrade God items to Adv versions? :gg:

#44 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

Maybe someone could ask ODA  -,-

#45 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

Maybe someone could ask ODA  -,-

CM Oda is on leave, I suggest that you ask the same in RO's February Developer Q&A thread [here].

#46 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

I dunno bout those games' gaming community but with the freedom to customize content, WP can customize or, in case of a bad move, revert or make necessary amendments at will. Not the "Let's wait one million years for kRO to respond to our request for this and that to address the community's cause of uproar".

You have a point. However, aside from what Tigress said, I personally believe the power Gravity gave to WP in terms of customization freedom for iRO is nothing but an illusion as the community here has proved time and time again that its many member's are so skewed towards the affairs of their own personal welfare in gameplay (which i must add is a totally understandable thing, we are all human and our own welfare is important) that no real justly decisions on balance can really be made. If anything, I bet Gravity wanted to get rid of us already but instead of closing the game themselves they would much better watch it be destroyed by ourselves in the name of customizing the game to fit iRO players. After all, it would be better a demonstration to make the server that forces the head company to always make customizations for because of its un-unified playerbase (take this with a grain of salt if you will but I am gonna say that for the most part, this community is so very detatched) to collapse and fall under its own weight because of its overcustomization made by their own hands.

I am not saying that Gravity is ebil or that they were waiting to do this or trying to break the morale of everyone here, not at all. I am just presenting my side to this dicussion, as the discussion is leading to nowhere anyways, i dont think me adding my retarded two cents of unrelated biggotry would take the thread any further from its main plot.

#47 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

I'm against slotted God items because you're gonna see some people putting Zipper Bear cards into Mjolnir.

#48 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

I'm against slotted God items because you're gonna see some people putting Zipper Bear cards into Mjolnir.

Rice my dear, you are giving people too much credit. I reckon I would be seeing Fabre cards in them for that extra 100HP DB damage. Powerful!!

#49 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

I would like to know which new gears have beaten Megs.... The only god it worth buffing in the current scenario is Sleip, and it's pretty decent as it is (the art should also be changed into a horse-like winged leg)

Edited by RomeroMelo, 20 January 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#50 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Rice my dear, you are giving people too much credit. I reckon I would be seeing Fabre cards in them for that extra 100HP DB damage. Powerful!!

I'd do this and wear it alongside a Helm of Gemstone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users