PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Findings I shall make here, sorry if it repeats anything others have said, I am not looking at other posts:

1. Reguarding CN Meteor autocasting SV Spear, the skill description says this happens on ranged hits. I find this is correct, however, SV Spear will also proc against melee physical and also magic hits. SV Spear autocast only occurs during the duration period of CN Meteor, not during its cast time. Autocast will occur for monsters regardless whether they are being hit by CN meteor or not. 

2. In relation to the above statement on CN Meteor autocasting SV Spear, changing the level of SV Spear in the skill window will effect the element that will autocast during the CN Meteor duration. example: If you have SV Spear completely mastered at lvl 5, but set SV Spear to level 3 as its a skill level selectable skill, it will use water elemental SV Spear during the CN meteor autocast as compared to using the lvl 5 Ghost Elemental SV Spear. I think I might need to test further whether I am simply hallucinating but this seems to be correct.

3. CN Meteor acts like Wizards Meteor Storm, only places where the Catnip heads hit will damage be dealt into the area, which seems like a small 3x3 AoE, the Catnip heads are also translucent this way. If you however, have a Nepata Cataria item in your inventory when casting CN Meteor, one Nepata will be consumed during in the CN Duration, noticeable effects I find include the Catnip heads will be centralized to hit only the middle of the Cast AoE and effect the entire 7x7 AoE (or whatever the AoE size is dependant on your level if its lower than lvl 5). The Catnip Heads also are more Solid in colour.

4. Catnip Powdering does not say whether the HP and SP recovery rate increase effects Monsters or players, my tests using Arc Angeling headgears have proven to me that the HP and SP recovery Rate is similar to Magnificate (double recovery speed) and effects the player as well as party members inside the AoE. Does not seem to effect players outside of party, but was testing this in a field map, maybe it works on people outside of party in town similar to Epiclesis?

5. Although the Spirit of Land skill says only 3 seconds duration when skills are performed for bonus effects, it can be noted that the SV Spear autocast from CN Meteor lasts until the completion of the CN Meteor duration, which seems to be 5-6 seconds.

6. SV Spear autocast from CN Meteor in my runs, does not seem to fulfill the conditions from Spirit of the Land, you will have to manually cast SV Spear to gain the 3 seconds movement speed increase.

7. A skill rotation that seems to work well for me, hopefully it may help you or allow you to further develop the rotation: Assuming Arclous Dash is always up as well as other buffs, Tuna Party>Mob>Stooping>CN Meteor>Tuna Belly>Mob>Stooping>CN Meteor>Tuna Party

If any info is incorrect please let it be known in the proceeding posts. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by PervySageMarty, 21 February 2017 - 02:56 PM.

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

The SV stem spear proc effect during CNM should occur to all hits received, melee/ranged/magical, dunno why they made the description that way '-'

#28 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

You guys forget the sexy CN Powdering, half of damage in a area of 5x5 (at lv 5 is 7x7 but im hybrid build so i just can use lv 3 5x5 area), so  my combo in weak enemys are the same as you guys, but vs some dangerous or bigger mob is CN Powdering then Tuna Party and / or Stoop, well of course only for Magic builds, for Physical cant do it (i mean the CN Powdering).

Problem with this is that CN Meteor also uses up the Nepeta Cataria, which I need for CN Powdering. Wish there was a way to not use it on CN Meteor so I can dedicate all that I'm carrying to CN Powdering...

#29 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Problem with this is that CN Meteor also uses up the Nepeta Cataria, which I need for CN Powdering. Wish there was a way to not use it on CN Meteor so I can dedicate all that I'm carrying to CN Powdering...

is not a big deal since weight is only 0.1 per 1 mean 1000 Nepeta Cataria use only 100 of your weight limit, yeah i know Dorams have a limit weight since they dont gain any weight bonus per job change, and are full magic, but there are RODEX im using like a Mini Kafra card to put the heavy things like Shrimp, Flywings, some gears, etc.

#30 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

It is worth getting Chattering and maybe lv1 Meow-meow (if you have the skill points) as a hybrid mage, or forget it and focus on the support tree after getting the power of land? What do you think?

Getting them means you can't max tuna party.

Edited by elvenne, 22 February 2017 - 12:02 AM.

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

It is worth getting Chattering and maybe lv1 Meow-meow (if you have the skill points) as a hybrid mage, or forget it and focus on the support tree after getting the power of land? What do you think?

Getting them means you can't max tuna party.

I maxed tuna party and got meow meow, I just don't get anything from phys tree.

#32 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

I maxed tuna party and got meow meow, I just don't get anything from phys tree.

Well, you can't do it without sacrificing the 20% matk from power of land which I am not going to do so I either get lvl 2-3 tuna party or do not get meow-meow and I don 't know which is better.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

No I still get that boost.

#34 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

My Doram also has the power of land matk 20% bonus and tuna party lvl 5. I didn't used any point in physical neither tho

#35 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:16 PM

My skill build is:

BASICS (11 points)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

SEAFOOD (15 points)

Fresh Shrimp 3
Bunch of Shrimp 3
Tuna Belly 4
Tuna Party 5

----------------------------------------------------------------------

VEGETABLE (23 points)

SV Stem Spear 5
SV Root 3
CN Meteor 5
CN Powdering 3
Power of Land 1
Chattering 5
Meow Meow 1

Because I have 23 points in vebetable, I get the passive bonus.

#36 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Catnip Powdering didn't seem to influence my hp/sp regen when sitting in it, though could have just been hard to notice. 

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Catnip Powdering didn't seem to influence my hp/sp regen when sitting in it, though could have just been hard to notice. 

It's working but remember that it only last 7 seconds tops so the chance you will get any more than a single go is questionable.

#38 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

So then basically self + party member sitting in the cloud get a magnificat effect that... speeds up 1-2 ticks of sp regen? 

Seems like a bit of a bust

#39 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

It really is, but the -50% ATK/MATK on monsters is amazing. Not sure if it works on bosses or not.

#40 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, as a defensive boost it seems good when in a party I think. Otherwise, stoop or TP seems a better route for just self preservation. 

#41 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Yeah, as a defensive boost it seems good when in a party I think. Otherwise, stoop or TP seems a better route for just self preservation. 

For CNM, stoop, if you are spamming spear you could arguable just use powdering.

#42 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

For all you SV steam spear users.  You will need a good amount of agi to get rid of delay of the 2nd cast if its like the picky peck delay.  Can't say for sure because I haven't made a magic build yet but if its the same animation then yea.  Correct me if im wrong.

Edited by stoenr, 22 February 2017 - 04:41 PM.

#43 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

You don't need to spam Stem Spear for it to be good, it would just be a bonus.

#44 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:46 PM

is not a big deal since weight is only 0.1 per 1 mean 1000 Nepeta Cataria use only 100 of your weight limit, yeah i know Dorams have a limit weight since they dont gain any weight bonus per job change, and are full magic, but there are RODEX im using like a Mini Kafra card to put the heavy things like Shrimp, Flywings, some gears, etc.

Lol I didn't realize that. I thought it had 1 weight. :heh:

#45 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

is spear stem damage best with the doram set or custom gears?

#46 ch3kwa

ch3kwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

custom gears like picky peck 

just use the 2 accessory 

#47 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

ok cool cuz its a real pain to switch accessories and the doram set for specific skills.  i guess my magic doram will be a pure spear build with using aoe up to mid-ti like my physical one.

#48 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:57 PM

1)How long is the cooldown of Meow-Meow?

2) Is DEX needed for magical dorams? How much?

3) What about AGI?

#49 Cleofe

Cleofe

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

SV Stem lvl 5 is ghost property?

#50 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:28 AM

SV Stem lvl 5 is ghost property?

Should be, yeah.

http://irowiki.org/w...vine_Stem_Spear

Edited by soudou, 23 February 2017 - 09:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users