Class Headgears Proposal - Page 4 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Headgears Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#76 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

Given the spore explosion formula, will this be similar to the cylinder hairband where-in the base 500% atk is improved by 75% or will it be a total 1.75 at the end of it all? IMO 75% is kinda low considering you have to plant it, wait, etc. 

#77 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

that depends on kRO's end to configure the hats correctly. The cylinder hairband issue could be solved if they "copied" the bio5 hat wich acts as a multiplier already. Not just that, you see, half the effect of sea captain hat is multiplying, and half is being added(and axe tornado formula is somewhat similar to CC). So, they can make it work, question is will they?

But i've given up on trusting them to think logically.

#78 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Given the spore explosion formula, will this be similar to the cylinder hairband where-in the base 500% atk is improved by 75% or will it be a total 1.75 at the end of it all? IMO 75% is kinda low considering you have to plant it, wait, etc. 

75% is good enough if the cooldown gets removed. Otherwise yeah, it's too low to be viable.

#79 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

that depends on kRO's end to configure the hats correctly. The cylinder hairband issue could be solved if they "copied" the bio5 hat wich acts as a multiplier already. Not just that, you see, half the effect of sea captain hat is multiplying, and half is being added(and axe tornado formula is somewhat similar to CC). So, they can make it work, question is will they?

But i've given up on trusting them to think logically.

I know, I even said the same in the other thread (i.e, the sea captain hat) but the last part of your post is why I even bother bringing it up in this thread. 

If it's "up to us" to see the changes made, especially if it involves Camp having to reverse the formula and plug in a flat quantity in a place to emulate a multiplicative value, figured it's worth bringing up. 

I also can't help but feel that with the cylinder hairband, it's a flat addition of 600% to the base attack (damage difference between level 1 and 5 cart cannon is minor)... if so, it may be worth considering that when looking at the spore explosion fix. 

#80 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:45 AM

Ehh, actually I was hoping that M.Def bypassing part of MNC is for Spell Fist build, like the original purpose of that hat. But, oh well, I guess it's good for caster Sorc too.
But really, Spell Fist needs improvement. Not about the damage, but its method. Limiting its hit count is real slap, so having 193 ASPD is useless. In timed instances like GMT my Sorc always run out of time because needs to constantly recasting it

#81 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:24 AM

Having too much aspd doesnt work well with spell fist either :/

As for the mdef pen for that build, it could give X% mdef per lvl of spell fist and hindsight

#82 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Having too much aspd doesnt work well with spell fist either :/

As for the mdef pen for that build, it could give X% mdef per lvl of spell fist and hindsight

Done, 2% per hindsight and 3% per spell fist, makes for a total of 35% maximum bypass possible.

#83 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hey nirvanna, is it possible to get a headgear specific for Rebels and Kage/Obo? It would be nice if they also have their own specific headgear :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh: :heh:

#84 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

No idea, but could be possible? I think for now sticking to existing ones would be the best course. Atm with the DC issues they will take priority imo :U

#85 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

Ah I see, I'm just hoping if we could buff them a little bit especially Kage/Obo. But IDK, maybe they just fine :heh:  Anyway keep the work up. Oh i just remember, is it possible the sea cap has a damage increase for power swing? or maybe reduce delay by halve?? I don't know if that too much. What do you think?

#86 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:04 PM

See what other people think, I am no expert on Mechanic classes so :U

#87 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Done, 2% per hindsight and 3% per spell fist, makes for a total of 35% maximum bypass possible.

make it 3% per hindsight and 5% per spellfist, it's not like casters would be able to enjoy it with that kind of requirement. Not to mention, both are single target

also for GX counter slash, i believe increasing AoE to 6x6/7x7 is possible, the damage buff wont do any difference to its usability. And for +9 maybe "when recieving physical attack, has a chance of autocasting counter slash lvl 1( or highest skill lvl) by 5% during weapon block state"

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 12 March 2017 - 04:15 PM.

#88 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

make it 3% per hindsight and 5% per spellfist, it's not like casters would be able to enjoy it with that kind of requirement. Not to mention, both are single target

also for GX counter slash, i believe increasing AoE to 6x6/7x7 is possible, the damage buff wont do any difference to its usability. And for +9 maybe "when recieving physical attack, has a chance of autocasting counter slash lvl 1( or highest skill lvl) by 5% during weapon block state"

3 and 5 are too much, remember this is a single headgear.

Honestly would have loved to have seen a different GX headgear but then again, I have never used the skills in question so don't know a lot about them to weigh in :U

#89 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Let see, i'm using power swing atm, and the cast delay is way too much. Maybe make it increase power swing dmg by 20%, and at +9, reduce cast delay by 50%? or if too much by 25% ~ 30%. or you can make it by putting every level of HSCR, 2% damage increase on power swing. Since power swing suppose to be an HSCR formed of 3rd job counterpart, maybe something like this could happen :questionmark:  Let see what others think about this. :hmm:

Edited by RioCyrus97, 12 March 2017 - 04:35 PM.

#90 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

just change the Cross Impact proc to Counter Slash proc on the gx headgear. Now you have a pretty solid headgear for leveling or even 1v1 situations.

#91 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Shrine Maiden Hat to have mdef bypass effects too please.

#92 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Maybe the MDEF bypassing is getting out of hand :X

#93 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Kinda saw this coming :v

Not like exorcists ABs have it too dificult, most shadow/undead monsters either have low hp or low mdef and die in a single ME when geared for it.

#94 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Kinda saw this coming :v

Not like exorcists ABs have it too dificult, most shadow/undead monsters either have low hp or low mdef and die in a single ME when geared for it.

Yeah, I will keep it for Warlock, will highly consider it for Sorcerer but completely disregard for AB etc, ME is a 2nd class skill. The damage boost and additional effects from the hat as it stands are perfectly fine. I am not trying to power creep stuff here, just wanna make it so when these hats come out they are working completely and also useful as a build enabler with the exception of AHB, that is there because the aftermath one would deal with after trying to remove it would be horrible, much like when the Cylinder Headband get's nerfed :X

#95 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:25 PM

Let see, i'm using power swing atm, and the cast delay is way too much. Maybe make it increase power swing dmg by 20%, and at +9, reduce cast delay by 50%? or if too much by 25% ~ 30%. or you can make it by putting every level of HSCR, 2% damage increase on power swing. Since power swing suppose to be an HSCR formed of 3rd job counterpart, maybe something like this could happen :questionmark:  Let see what others think about this. :hmm:

We really need a buff for Power Swing, the cast delay and damage is really too low compared to HSCR. Power swing is useless wo any buffs. I'm losing hope for that hat.

#96 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:46 AM

3 and 5 are too much, remember this is a single headgear.

Maybe the MDEF bypassing is getting out of hand :X

It would be true if hindsight and spell fisting can be AoE'd, but they cannot (there is no otherway to proc hindisght other not hitting, not even reflect) so i dont think that is too much for a non nuke single target spells....But ok, i get your point.

My issues with the previous proposal is that hindsight sorcs dont get spellfist, spellfists sorcs dont max/use hindsight

How about giving a niche to Book weapons.

3% Mdef pierce per upgrade of book weapon (Mdef weapons are currently exclusive to staves, even incoming books from kRO do not have good MDEF pierce mod since they have tempest set to address MDEF issues but we dont have it)

+10 Matk per upgrade of book weapon (most books have lackster/low MATK and bonus effects compared to rods w/ also have inert MDEF pierce)

#97 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

Just like gens get Aid condensed potion, even tough its useless, just for the sapphire bonus, sorcs wouls have to pick both. And the skills are actually usefukl for the build, not like AidCPot.

#98 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:31 AM

Just like gens get Aid condensed potion, even tough its useless, just for the sapphire bonus, sorcs wouls have to pick both. And the skills are actually usefukl for the build, not like AidCPot.

maybe not as bad as AidCPot, but i really dont think you need to be maxing both for dedicated builds since they're bad together, and i also suggested the new ones for the books to be given niche and not totally be outclassed otherwise, people will just be using this hat+piercing staff or other jRO staves. It would be fine though if the jRO Mdef pierce accessory would be implemented

#99 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:58 AM

My biggest issue with Divine Guard Hat is that, unlike most others, its intended effect was placed behind +9. I'd rather Grand Cross be upfront and center or some other means to boost it before refining becomes a factor. I wanted to try participating, but bad timing.

Spoiler (Idea attempt)

The issue with the Dead Man Bandana is that the Battle Build is the mainstream build. So it was probably the only one that should've made the intended leveling build more attractive.

Spoiler (Very Meh Idea Attempt)

I do hope all of the headgears finally get the attention they've needed.

#100 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:06 AM

Looks like the accessories that come with these class headgear won't see the light. So why not incorporating the accessories effects/combo to improve this headgear? Maybe activating the effect on higher upgrade?

If so, we will have this effect when upgraded to +12

Shrine Maiden: Reduces after cast delay of [Magnus Exorcismus] by 2 second, Increases Magical Damage +5%

Ordinary Black Magician: Decreases Variable Cast Time of skills by 10%, 5% chance of inflicting [Frozen] status while being physically or magically attacked.

Night Sparrow/Lyrica: When attacking there is a 5% chance to autocast level 1 [Swing Dance]/[Windmill Rush]. Increases the damage of [Severe Rainstorm] by an additional 50%.

Magician Night Cap: Enables the use of Level 5 [Double Attack]. Increase [Spell Fist] damage by additional 10%

Spring Leaf/Autumn: Err, I don't know, the original accessory effect pretty meh I think, and the combo effect has included on new suggestion

Black Ribbon: Increases ASPD by 2 while using two-handed sword weapon. Adds 10% chance to autocast [Ignition Break] level 1, or wearer’s highest learned level, while physically attacking.

Divine Guard: Increases ATK by 2 for every 5 base INT. Increases MATK by 2 for every 5 base STR.

Focus Beret: Increase [Lightning Ride] damage by 50%. Reduce skill [Rampage Blaster] cooldown by 5 seconds

Harvester Hat: ?? (Same case with Autumn, please give me idea)

Very Normal Hat: ASPD +2. Increase [Feint Bomb] damage by 25%

Oni Horns: Increases Weapon Blocking activation chance by 10%. For every level of [Weapon Crush] learned, ignore defense of Normal/Boss monster by 5%

Sea Captain: Increases [Power Swing] damage by 50%. Reduce after cast delay of skill specific [Power Swing] by 30%

Thought?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users