Class Headgears Proposal - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Headgears Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#51 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Dont forget to remove 0.5s of Bowling Bash cooldown.

#52 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

That'd be pretty rad too ;[

#53 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:51 PM

I didn't even see the boomerang removal, I guess I should read these things more closely.

If I had to choose between the two, I also would opt for more Tornado damage over Boomerang (especially since the setup/build/cards will be different) but it would be cool if the 20% were retained. I don't think we're in much danger of axe mechs running amok since the bellum guillotine fix.

I know right, Axe boomerang limits my armor and garment usage. If only the supplement dex works as the description mentioned, not as bonus set :hmm:

At last I can lv my new mecha easily or do instance with my max lv mecha. Seriously, I waant to do more instances with mecha only using Axe Tornado :heh:

#54 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

Since we already have a hat for Cart Cannon, how about repurposing Harvester Hat for either Cart Tornado or Spore Explosion?

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:30 AM

And Crazy Vines

#56 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:51 AM

MDEF bypass for magicians nightcap, i think MDEF scaling is one of the reason spell fisting/hindsight isn't viable

or autocast spell fist........

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:46 AM

I would like to see crazy vines work as a pvm skill for killing stuff weak to earth xP. Honestly I don't like how omni-useful cart cannon is, since it makes using other skills for damage somewhat pointless :< atm crazy vines is only like a gambetain/unhide skill, despite the unpredictable damage it does. It would be kinda fun to see people level with it xP

Also!

Give the nightsparrow/lyrica this effect please!

[Set Bonus with Sound Amplifier and Emerald Earring]

Increase the damage of [Neutral] elemental magic attacks by 50% and completely bypass the MDEF of monsters.

(Since Sound amp is an archer-only gear, this set bonus would only be available to performers, essentially. this will make the forced neutral magic half of reverberation and wholly neutral magic damage of metallic sound increase to a more reasonable level, and the mdef bypass might make some of the 2n class magic casted by improvised song a marginal bit more useful).

Edited by Kadelia, 09 March 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#58 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I sold my AHB ages ago. If in the end Camp make NPC trade AHB for Spring Leaf I'm gonna cry. The price disparity is waaaay too high.

Damn haha, was thinking it may have added something to battle sorc but eh :U

Well after looking at the Spellfist guide, I think the hat just needed a minor increase, it is pretty powerful!

Not really. Bolt damage is heavily affected by M.Def, so on higher level mobs Spell Fist suffer greatly

MDEF bypass for magicians nightcap, i think MDEF scaling is one of the reason spell fisting/hindsight isn't viable

or autocast spell fist........

I agree with M.Def bypassing. About auto cast Spell Fist... that's looks tricky the way the skill act. You can't cast Spell Fist if bolt skill is not being casted (skill fail)

I'm suggesting M.Def bypass with relation of Spell Fist, like:

If upgrade to +9

ASPD +5

For every Hindsight skill learned, increase Spell Fist hit count by 1

When using Spell Fist, bypass 30% M.Def of Normal/Boss monster for 5 seconds

#59 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Since we already have a hat for Cart Cannon, how about repurposing Harvester Hat for either Cart Tornado or Spore Explosion?

Yeah well with the Cylinder Headband AND the Bio5 Hat this headgear will be left in the dust.

And Crazy Vines

^

I would like to see crazy vines work as a pvm skill for killing stuff weak to earth xP. Honestly I don't like how omni-useful cart cannon is, since it makes using other skills for damage somewhat pointless :< atm crazy vines is only like a gambetain/unhide skill, despite the unpredictable damage it does. It would be kinda fun to see people level with it xP

Also!

Give the nightsparrow/lyrica this effect please!

(Since Sound amp is an archer-only gear, this set bonus would only be available to performers, essentially. this will make the forced neutral magic half of reverberation and wholly neutral magic damage of metallic sound increase to a more reasonable level, and the mdef bypass might make some of the 2n class magic casted by improvised song a marginal bit more useful).

We will see, remember when this gets done there is a big chance kRO will still have some input and may try have their piece in what goes on. And we both know that kRO for w/e reason thinks Wandy/Maestro are the most powerful classes ever...

I sold my AHB ages ago. If in the end Camp make NPC trade AHB for Spring Leaf I'm gonna cry. The price disparity is waaaay too high.

Not really. Bolt damage is heavily affected by M.Def, so on higher level mobs Spell Fist suffer greatly

I agree with M.Def bypassing. About auto cast Spell Fist... that's looks tricky the way the skill act. You can't cast Spell Fist if bolt skill is not being casted (skill fail)
I'm suggesting M.Def bypass with relation of Spell Fist, like:

If upgrade to +9
ASPD +5
For every Hindsight skill learned, increase Spell Fist hit count by 1
When using Spell Fist, bypass 30% M.Def of Normal/Boss monster for 5 seconds

It sounds like adding some MDEF piercing for sorc would only be fair, but it would have to be less than the wizzy hat... eventually we will also probably get the accessory that provides 50% MDEF piercing so, I think maybe 20% MDEF piercing would be fine.

I reduced the sorc hat to original rates and added the exact same MDEF piercing effect to the hat in order to give it some chance against high mdef monsters. It caps at a maximum 30%.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 March 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#60 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

We will see, remember when this gets done there is a big chance kRO will still have some input and may try have their piece in what goes on. And we both know that kRO for w/e reason thinks Wandy/Maestro are the most powerful classes ever...

I have found that you have a higher chance of getting it through if you ask for it than if you don't ask for it and wait for kRO devs to ask you for any additional features you may have left off the proposal.

#61 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

I have found that you have more chances to be heard if you ask them stuff on the Dev Q&A from Astra than sending any other bug report :v
Still amazed that just now they "found out" the bug on ranged weapons atk per over refine. And from what i've seen, it is also on kRO until today ever since renewal.

We can fix your stuff gravity give us the formulaasssss :v

#62 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:46 PM

Wait, kRO didn't know? 

Get 'em to add matk per refine too then >;( 

#63 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

You do get MATK per refine :X, just not for bows :U

#64 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

It may be for every ranged weapon, just like that other bug was. Have to check when i get home. It's much more likely to be a bug than the design of it imo now that we know that other part was.

#65 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

I have added an additional modifier to the warlock hat, that helps make two-handed staves a bit more useful.

Let me know what you think.

#66 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

For the OBMH:

Remove the +10 cap on MDef bypass and make it a combo effect with 1handed/2handed weapons if possible.

Something like:

If equipped with a 1-handed staff 1% (or just keep the 2%) MDef bypass per upgrade of the hat.

If equipped with a 2-handed staff 5% MDef bypass per upgrade of the hat.

Why?

1handed weapons have 50% MDef bypass card combos. Up to 100% vs 4 races if you put the cards into a La'cryma Stick + Pororoca Shoes.

What do 2-handed weapons have? Not much, except for less defence...

Aiming to boost 2-handed staffs a bit more with this, while still keeping the hat as viable choice with 1-handed weapons.

#67 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

20% still makes 2h worse than 1h staves in the great majority of situations, even with the higher matk.(the only exception being kvm).

I'd suggest 3% per staff upgrade, not hat.

And nike, it isnt very wise to put all the "fixes" for magic damage issues in a single piece of gear :v. Despite bringing the weapons in case to a more fair point, it makes the hat the one absolutely way to go for anything you do on the class, and not having it(since it's an old event limited hat) makes most setup meh.

Edited by Ashuckel, 09 March 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#68 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

20% still makes 2h worse than 1h staves in the great majority of situations, even with the higher matk.(the only exception being kvm).

Not a bad idea as long as it can be done.

I could make it a significant boost and make the hat focus more on 2H staff builds.

I really don't wanna step on toes for these hats if at all possible, I think they should either reflect their original intent or by used in a way that defines an unused build.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 March 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#69 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

It may be for every ranged weapon, just like that other bug was. Have to check when i get home. It's much more likely to be a bug than the design of it imo now that we know that other part was.

Guns don't give matk either; but instruments and foxtails do (didn't test whips, don't have a dancer char) 

I only tested pistols and gattling guns, not sure about rifles or grenade launchers but I imagine they don't as well -- I posted this in the ranger damage calc thread, but anyway I'll stop now since it's off-topic

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:39 PM

Instruments are melee weapon(just the skills are ranged)

#71 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

And nike, it isnt very wise to put all the "fixes" for magic damage issues in a single piece of gear :v. Despite bringing the weapons in case to a more fair point, it makes the hat the one absolutely way to go for anything you do on the class, and not having it(since it's an old event limited hat) makes most setup meh.

I don't want that hat to be best in slot for any and all situations, which is why I also suggested to reduce the bonus for 1-handed weapons. :v

There are enough strong 1-handed choices thanks to Pororoca/La'Cryma/Frost Nova combo and Weapon/Shield card combos. (Edit: And Mad Bunny also boosting MAtk.)

2-handed staffs really need some help however.

But eh, I'll leave the number tweaking to people that know more about RO-calculations than I do. :c

Edited by kubikyuu, 09 March 2017 - 03:02 PM.

#72 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

Instruments are melee weapon(just the skills are ranged)

Yeah, but they are atypical in that they scale off of dex (at the time I thought perhaps its all dex scaling weapons since guns/bows are dex scaling) but no, it was just 'ranged'... but then foxtails (which are naturally melee) do, even with the ranged passive ability. Anyway, was just checking for completion's sake. 

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

What I will do is keep the hat as is and people can discuss the pros and cons of changing the OBMH.

I did however change the harvester hat to be spore explosion based.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 09 March 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#74 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:17 PM

Yay, Make Onmyoji AB greater than before with SMH revamped effect :p_love:

#75 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:23 AM

I did however change the harvester hat to be spore explosion based.

Might be asking for too much, but Spore Explosion could benefit from some cooldown reduction (or complete removal of it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users