Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - April - The Compass Rose - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Developer Q&A Thread - April

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Moving right along with collecting questions for our April episode of Developer Q&A!

For information on what's already been asked and what will be answered in March, click below:

Spoiler

Please note: for this, you can also direct questions to Campitor or myself so we can spread things out and get more questions answered.

Generally questions that have to do with "when do we get x update" are for Campitor to discuss with the studio.

Have at thee!

#2 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

We have so many cute hats.  Where are all the sexy hats at?  

Can we have more alternate dyes/costumes?  That'd be cool too.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:29 PM

Can we have more alternate dyes?

kRO is too lazy for that

#4 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Moving right along with collecting questions for our April episode of Developer Q&A!

For information on what's already been asked and what will be answered in March, click below:

Spoiler

Please note: for this, you can also direct questions to Campitor or myself so we can spread things out and get more questions answered.

Generally questions that have to do with "when do we get x update" are for Campitor to discuss with the studio.

Have at thee!

• Immobilization skills

inb4:  -_- you and your immobilization skills....oh and we'll forward this to the related department. Just kidding, thanks for inlcluding my question on the list CM Astra!

Edited by Usurper, 21 March 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#5 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

inb4 -_- you and your immobilization skills....oh and we'll forward this to the related department. Just kidding, thanks for inlcluding my question on the list CM Astra!

I mean, if you want it answered that way...  :heh:

Have a little heart, friend, they may surprise you!

#6 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

I kind of actually want it answered that way to be honest  :heh:

#7 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

Q: Will you ever implement Paramarket in iRO? It's been months since there is no update about it, if so, when would you implement it and what specific items will it cater in order to have a zeny sink?

Is it possible that iRO alter damage formulas that is suited for iRO mechanics rather than follow kRO/jRO's gear descriptions?

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:00 AM

Q: wtf was wrong with you when you made renewal mdef formula, and decided to give monsters a raw number of it as high as def, in some cases effectively reducing magic damage by 70% or more, while same numbers on def barely reach 40% reduction.

Ps: i bet they will respond with " oh but we put in ways to get around with that, lime using the tempest set" :v

#9 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Is there any attempt to prevent bot?, a system/feature to prevent people to use illegal program?.

#10 CMAstra

CMAstra

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Ps: i bet they will respond with " oh but we put in ways to get around with that, lime using the tempest set" :v

New show feature: Questions from players, Ashuckel's guessed answers, and Real answers!  :heh:

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:25 AM

i mean, they will just lie on our face anyways when with a question they don't like or are lazy to do something about, (like more clothes color options that they said it's difficult and blablabla, but takes literally few minutes to do it)

#12 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:56 PM

New show feature: Questions from players, Ashuckel's guessed answers, and Real answers!  :heh:

and ur still not putting tempest set like wtf is wrong with iRO too!

#13 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Q: Is it possible to have have the use of Tribal Solidarity and guild creation on WoE maps and in WoE castles looked at? Guild creation in GDs was disabled to prevent abuse, as was inviting/kicking from guild inside WoE forts. Being able to leave/get kicked from one guild, create another, and level it up to level 2 inside a castle seems to be pretty well on par with the abuse that was intended to be prevented with the previous fixes.

Q: Some aspects of the game seem to be more tuned for servers with larger player bases (total number of WoE 1 and 2 forts, WoE 1 god item creation, Rachel Sanctuary entrance quest for new servers, etc). Is there any way accommodations could be made for servers with smaller player bases? 

Edited by Rastaban, 22 March 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Can we get a better heal formula? I would think its of great importance!!

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Q: Is it possible to have have the use of Tribal Solidarity and guild creation on WoE maps and in WoE castles looked at? Guild creation in GDs was disabled to prevent abuse, as was inviting/kicking from guild inside WoE forts. Being able to leave one guild, create another, and level it up to level 2 inside a castle seems to be pretty well on par with the abuse that was intended to be prevented with the previous fixes.

I feel like this doesn't make much sense since the whole kick thing can still be abused with just.... you know.... using an alt outside the castle. Also why is it a problem? The newly created guild isn't allied to the ones currently present (as alliances can only be set outside) thus they are in danger of being hit by "everything" ; much in the same way as a guildless player is. The real issue is guildless characters working their way around the kick/invite limitation by having alts outside. (remember it also allows people to play emblemless without a guild which is bs)

It would just be another bad, pointless iRO customization imo! 

I'd like to second looking at WoE fort numbers though, WoE 2 clearly has too many, that could be fixed with realm rotation or something. WoE 1 is less of a problem as it stands (Also it would be a giant headache to solve the issue of what happens to parts).

#16 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

What benefit does allowing someone to create and level guilds in castles provide, really?

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

What benefit does allowing someone to create and level guilds in castles provide, really?

Mindbreak, provoke slave, because not using a guild to do those things is pretty terrible. 

Like I said they get hit by everything so it's not a problem, right? Just like people who abuse kick by using alts.

#18 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:01 PM

Mindbreak, provoke slave, because not using a guild to do those things is pretty terrible. 

Like I said they get hit by everything so it's not a problem, right? Just like people who abuse kick by using alts.

Don't need to level the guild to do those.

#19 Indalecio

Indalecio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Really just by creating a guild in castle you're automatically breaking the emblem rules anyway, so the whole thing is kind of dumb.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Really just by creating a guild in castle you're automatically breaking the emblem rules anyway, so the whole thing is kind of dumb.

I feel the same about guildless chars. For some reason the RO Team thinks all the players have their IQ stamped on the bottom of their shoe and will kill the guildless chars by mistake (which I can see as valid on renewal, but classic? come on.)

As a groundcontrol player I can tell you its really goddamn hard to deal with guildless chars in your own stack. Like REALLY hard. And I only know of one guild that abuses that. 

Also emblem rules are dumb can we go back to playing pokemon and pacman between rushes? would be nice. Just because emblems take a century to load on renewal doesn't mean classic should be devoid of fun. 

Edited by Xellie, 22 March 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#21 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

Fixing the tribal issue would encourage fair fights and prevent people from burning and running.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

Actually that's a good point.

Is it possible to make the castles worth fighting over? Either through treasure improvements or perhaps new items to create? WoE is really boring when there's nothing at stake. (and believe me there is nothing at stake.)

#23 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:48 PM

Put some Kafra shop headgears in treasure or something.

#24 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

We're gonna get something like those cooking kits that were put into Valk realm if we ask for treasure change. Do people even use those?

#25 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:57 PM

Like what? Everything is going to be available through caches?

I'm talking like, enhanced sleipnir, or a god shield or something. I mean I'm sitting on 10+ sets of god items atm and I actually make mine, so god only knows how many other sets and pieces are out there.... Lets have a new toy to aim for, something exciting and strong... because 14 megs isn't doing it for me. I don't want more megs. I have 7 sleipnir sets sitting pretty for denials... complete hammer sets, complete bris sets, meg sets, what's the point of WoE even? 100+ Asprikas made so we do okolnir for fun (because 18 mins wasn't fast enough) Similar deal with bryns. Server is saturated with all this stuff not only what we have but through inheritance or "inheritance" so we need something new to spice the server up. 

edit : this isn't the place for this discussion anyway

tldr; GM give us something to do in woe

Edited by Xellie, 22 March 2017 - 07:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users