Patch Notes 04/05/2017 [Complete] - Page 2 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 04/05/2017 [Complete]

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Basically what it is now. 0 Variety, no movement speed, no attack speed, no evade, no block, no anything, everyone HAS to use PoS to be viable.

If you don't want to use PoS? Well you are out of luck. 

well thats right somewhere. you kinda have to stick with the endgame set atm .. and this is meh :(

"When the game changed from the Barunson devs to the Gravity devs the new devs seems not to think about any side effect while the Barunson devs cared how stats are put on different items (like only shoes can get Movement Speed soulcraft effect while the "new" devs decided that giving out MS on every item is a good idea - even without any caps)."

well i dont want to sound meanie, but it seems you guys also didnt think much about side effects when releasing items... just saying heartbreaker weaps and Best Unity Sets..

Edited by TurtleTuber, 05 April 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#27 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

since class have a final rate limit, i found a but weird that we have a critical rate limit too.

allow some class so have more final rate i dont mind but, the critical rate should able to rise until it reach the '' max possible final rate with out needed Final rate bonus to reach it.

lv 85 invoker got a limit of 5105 critical rate but. we can pass this nomber with out even trying to get critical rate on item. i got 5700 and i only have 3 item with rate on them.

Can a change be made to the ''red limit is base only on Final rate and not critical rate'' it just feel weird to have 2  different stat and each of them is lock

#28 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

If a summoner can attack people from outside the screen without being seen that is not ok. It's for sure not wanted by the original devs like the AS/MS stacking is not wanted. To tell the truth: When the game changed from the Barunson devs to the Gravity devs the new devs seems not to think about any side effect while the Barunson devs cared how stats are put on different items (like only shoes can get Movement Speed soulcraft effect while the "new" devs decided that giving out MS on every item is a good idea - even without any caps).

No other class has any Attack Range stats on their gear and I assume they didn't think that two of these sets can be mixed 3:3 or they just didn't think that people could not wear a whole set or they just didn't care. However, I am sure it was not the intention to make summoner's attacks invisible for example. 

I won't discuss this further because it finally results in an unnecessary discussion about that stat.  I am sure many Summoner players think it's unfair but I am also sure that many non-summoner players think it's also unfair that only Summoners can get that stat so high.

I totally agree with this. Kudos to you Mr. Poppie. 

#29 ok121

ok121

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

since class have a final rate limit, i found a but weird that we have a critical rate limit too.

allow some class so have more final rate i dont mind but, the critical rate should able to rise until it reach the '' max possible final rate with out needed Final rate bonus to reach it.

lv 85 invoker got a limit of 5105 critical rate but. we can pass this nomber with out even trying to get critical rate on item. i got 5700 and i only have 3 item with rate on them.

Can a change be made to the ''red limit is base only on Final rate and not critical rate'' it just feel weird to have 2  different stat and each of them is lock

The final critical success rate is 40% for all classes.

#30 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

well thats right somewhere. you kinda have to stick with the endgame set atm .. and this is meh :(

"When the game changed from the Barunson devs to the Gravity devs the new devs seems not to think about any side effect while the Barunson devs cared how stats are put on different items (like only shoes can get Movement Speed soulcraft effect while the "new" devs decided that giving out MS on every item is a good idea - even without any caps)."

well i dont want to sound meanie, but it seems you guys also didnt think much about side effects when releasing items... just saying heartbreaker weaps and Best Unity Sets..

As I said in the past I don't discuss that with you. The effects on these items/sets do not only contain of MS/AS. MS/AS is a bonus and if you can use them it's good for you but you are talking like we would have release a set with 600% AS and 600% MS only which is now not usable anymore. This is nonsense and I won't discuss about AS/MS further.

Finally please keep this topic clean and civil.

#31 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

I think everything is explained by Mr. Poppie and it's easy to understand. I don't think of any reason why someone can't understand it. 

#32 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

i got one small question about the event.

The Easter Eggs IM item that we use to revive where can it be found during the event. in the easter forest or the 2 zone?

#33 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

I don't like seeing these scam cards played on our development. Especially when they're doing what the entirety of the playerbase wanted since they acquired rights to work on the game; PvP balancing.

What happened after the ms cap? Less mach-speed, glass cannon, walk outta everything classes.

Post AS cap? Less potential for glitches. Making most classes actually able to deal with the god-tier to some extent.

WarpPortal learning about these issues prevents major problems that players will eventually copy en mass. MS/AS were far more severe due to all the gear setups that occurred and hit all level ranges. You're comparing something available to 1 class, with a minimum level of 69-70 required, rediscovered a short time ago, and intentionally abused to something of that caliber.

If you wanna see proper balancing then why not report it? Like this effected anyone's high horses in 85 bsq anyways.

#34 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

This Patch doesnt affect me since i dont play Summoner and since i would have never used that 3/3 set combo, but i can understand that people like Agitodesu are affected by this kind of changes. Imagine you crafted that items to +20 or spend alot time in farming them to make money and now they become worthless. In both cases you will lose money and time.

Yes Summoner is an overpowered class and yes, ofc you need to do smth if that set effect is so broken, but you also have to understand that people get mad if you totally remove that set effect and replace it with something like "Aim". Isnt there a possibility like nerfing the "range effect" and try to get the animation scale with it so the shots arent invisible anymore? This way the set would still be a bit usefull, now its worthless and those who got that set have to replace it.

If i remember it right Agitodesu even said that he has no problems with changes / fixes but with the way how its done.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 05 April 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#35 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

This Patch doesnt affect me since i dont play Summoner and since i would have never used that 3/3 set combo, but i can understand that people like Agitodesu are affected by this kind of changes. Imagine you crafted that items to +20 or spend alot time in farming them to make money and now they become worthless. In both cases you will lose money.

Yes Summoner is an overpowered class and yes, ofc you need to do smth if that set effect is so broken, but you also have to understand that people get mad if you totally remove that set effect and replace it with something like "Aim". Isnt there a possibility like nerfing the "range effect" and try to get the animation scale with it so the shots arent invisible anymore? This way the set would still be a bit usefull, now its worthless and those who got that set have to replace it now.

If you're not playing summoner then most likely you don't have the idea on what's going on when they are using that set. Also you are playing MMORPG and changes are inevitable in this game. All you need to do is to adapt with these changes and appreciate the effort that the existing devs are doing. It's like what happened to the elements sockets where some of us purchased them tons of golds and then after couple of months they changed it. I thought everyone is looking for balance and I am confident that Popcorn is doing a great job. 

#36 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

i'm just glad they start fixing this kind of weird bonus for a class that was basically X spam long massive range attack.

The only thing i'm waiting for now is the PVP balance and see how will it affect all classes

#37 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

I'm not going to argue with you since all you spout is things that go accordingly to your own views just like anyone here including me here. Arguing is a waste of time since we know both of us played for a long time, knowledgeable enough and spent enough money to the point that it would be embarrassing to be bragging about.

No need for a smart ass answer about reporting balancing as that has been reported here and elsewhere by others including you while also clearly stating that it affected no one while talking to a person that it affected.

#38 ok121

ok121

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

This Patch doesnt affect me since i dont play Summoner and since i would have never used that 3/3 set combo, but i can understand that people like Agitodesu are affected by this kind of changes. Imagine you crafted that items to +20 or spend alot time in farming them to make money and now they become worthless. In both cases you will lose money and time.

Yes Summoner is an overpowered class and yes, ofc you need to do smth if that set effect is so broken, but you also have to understand that people get mad if you totally remove that set effect and replace it with something like "Aim". Isnt there a possibility like nerfing the "range effect" and try to get the animation scale with it so the shots arent invisible anymore? This way the set would still be a bit usefull, now its worthless and those who got that set have to replace it.

If i remember it right Agitodesu even said that he has no problems with changes / fixes but with the way how its done.

either adapt and change or be destroyed in battlesquare  :p_laugh:  choices.

#39 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

So the team has finally started removing stats now and no longer capping them now. Progress at it's finest!

Critical Damage - Capped

Critical Rate - Capped

Movement Speed -Capped

AttackSpeed -Capped

Attack Range - Removed

Next on the to-do list?

Physical Damage Drop

Magical Damage Drop

Max HP%

Health

#40 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

As I said in the past I don't discuss that with you. The effects on these items/sets do not only contain of MS/AS. MS/AS is a bonus and if you can use them it's good for you but you are talking like we would have release a set with 600% AS and 600% MS only which is now not usable anymore. This is nonsense and I won't discuss about AS/MS further.

Finally please keep this topic clean and civil.

:heh:

#41 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

People who are playing summoners at the moment and will get mad about justified nerfs should stop being naive and wait for the next wave of nerfs incoming and accept them.

#42 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

either adapt and change or be destroyed in battlesquare  :p_laugh:  choices.

Theres not only black and white.

@Elijas

Yds, there are changes in mmorpgs?

And saying to everything amen is not everytime right. Everyone is appreciating the fact that this game is still alive and that people are working on it, but the way they fix/ change stuff doesnt have to be 100% right. But if there was no way to fix the "extended range set-effect" and the only possibility was to remove it, then o.k. We cant change it anyways.

#43 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

So the team has finally started removing stats now and no longer capping them now. Progress at it's finest!

Critical Damage - Capped

Critical Rate - Capped

Movement Speed -Capped

AttackSpeed -Capped

Attack Range - Removed

Next on the to-do list?

Physical Damage Drop

Magical Damage Drop

Max HP%

Health

Your argument is invalid : the stat has not been removed - the stat has been removed from the 3rd part of the Summoner's Secmathian set - that is a difference and can't be compared to the caps. The stat itself is still available on other items and can be used.

#44 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

For once the game would need a BUFF yea a massive big buff but not on player but on monster side. :p_devil:

Edited by zirothos, 05 April 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#45 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:49 PM

Go naked into elga.

#46 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

i can xD i just need my weapon and my ring xD

#47 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

No that's not right. The indirect debuff you should place upon yourself would be to walk in there with a +4 weapon with nothing else.

#48 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

People who are playing summoners at the moment and will get mad about justified nerfs should stop being naive and wait for the next wave of nerfs incoming and accept them.

compared to how other classes already suffered from the caps this is just a scratch to the summoner but a good start, i hope this goes on.

#49 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

One for sure, the game is losing its variability. Atm everyone is forced to aim for full Elga/ PoS Set to dont get wrecked in PvP. The only variability you have is to replace the boots/gloves/helmet on that sets.

#50 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

Na i don't have a dead wish yet :p_hi:

i can fight with a broken lv 1 weapon but i need to keep my all the other item on so i can do damage xD 1 damage would be to long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users