66 replies to this topic

#26 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:34 AM

But I agree that we need these gloves. Or Tempest set. Even a Warlock with Tempest Set, SfB, Bio5 hat and 16.1 robes with Amdarais can't deal one-hit damage as high as a Ranger with iRO gears.

But a WL does have way more defensive skills at his disposal.

Safety Wall, Fire Wall, Quagmire, Jack Frost, Storm Gust (level 1), Energy Coat, the ability to equip a shield while still being able to deal damage, a skill to easily heal lost HP back...

Rangers have:

Wind Walk - just use a Guarana Candy you cheapstake :u
Camouflage - does not work if you get hit (in the wrong moment), sight/ruwach uncovers you, any skill you use uncovers you, also demon, insect and boss mobs can still see you

(true story: see ranger in NCT mob a big number of bells, try to camu, get hit in the wrong moment and rip, i run in on WL -> rip mob)

Warg mount - mounting/unmounting has delay, so you cannot use skills immediately after and you cannot AS while mounted, you can run away though :u

Edit: And the traps I never see a non-trapper using. :u

So I'm fine with AS Rangers dealing more damage, seeing as they are way more of a glass cannon.

Edited by kubikyuu, 02 May 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

with the gears listed you'll be doing more damage than 95% of the server lol, regardless of class '-'

#28 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

But a WL does have way more defensive skills at his disposal.

Safety Wall, Fire Wall, Quagmire, Jack Frost, Storm Gust (level 1), Energy Coat, the ability to equip a shield while still being able to deal damage, a skill to easily heal lost HP back...

Rangers have:

Wind Walk - just use a Guarana Candy you cheapstake :u
Camouflage - does not work if you get hit (in the wrong moment), sight/ruwach uncovers you, any skill you use uncovers you, also demon, insect and boss mobs can still see you

(true story: see ranger in NCT mob a big number of bells, try to camu, get hit in the wrong moment and rip, i run in on WL -> rip mob)

Warg mount - mounting/unmounting has delay, so you cannot use skills immediately after and you cannot AS while mounted, you can run away though :u

Edit: And the traps I never see a non-trapper using. :u

So I'm fine with AS Rangers dealing more damage, seeing as they are way more of a glass cannon.

I acknowledge that we have many more tools than rangers (most of them with limited usage), though I dislike that we deal less damage in both AoE and ST department because that were the roles which directed the design of their predecessor classes. So, both classes are badly designed as they are, but this will never change, and I can deal with it.

Regardless, Warlocks should be able to use 2-handed staves and deal more damage, sacrificing survivability, but the solutions brought by iRO distort this. If we sacrifice survivability we'll deal less damage. If we have safety wall and can use shields, rangers have the same base HP pool as GXes and RGs, while we have the smallest of them all. Maybe rangers are still more "glass cannony", but they have much better kiting tools, and I tell by experience. Also, though most people seem to ignore it but rangers keep the traps from hunter class, and they're definitely not useless.

Still, since we have a greater potential of bringing utility into the table, I'm not against warlocks dealing less damage than Rangers, but they have better tools than us (despite us having MORE tools than they) for PVM. My 149 Ranger can solo more MVPs than my 175 warlock, also, he does it easier to most of them. And he's wearing way cheaper gears, most of them are general use.

BTW, IIRC, the highest damage that I saw a kRO warlock dealing with a single spell (Crimson Rock) is ~800K with Sealed FBH against a DH target, or ~600K against other targets. The highest damage I've dealt in iRO was 420K IIRC, against Gold Scarabas. My friend's ranger used to deal ~850K per AS against Entweihen Crothen, with literally the same gears of my ranger (he gave me them when he quit). Also, I've seen many videos of more than 1M damage with Aimed Bolt (still working my way to this number :P), while we'll probably never deal the same numbers. And, as I said, I'm ok with it. I think Rangers, RKs and GXes should deal less damage than currently, and warlocks as well... but they deserve greater nerfs than we... but none of them are happening regardless.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 02 May 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#29 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

2 million+ Soul expansion( i've seen one with 3m, but can't remember where to find it)

#30 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:51 AM

I think we're currently stronger than sorcerers. =P Also, please tell me which are the many classes that can One-shot Big Bells. I can't do it with my RK, nor with my Ranger (unless on no-limits), less with my GX. And GX is the one that needs most hits and even so is most efficient of them all by a fine margin.

But I agree that we need these gloves. Or Tempest set. Even a Warlock with Tempest Set, SfB, Bio5 hat and 16.1 robes with Amdarais can't deal one-hit damage as high as a Ranger with iRO gears.

For your reference, take a look at posts from the Class-Tier ranking thread. It was made in 2016, and there hasnt been any significant gameplay changes since then.

https://forums.warpp...mmvp/?p=2427841

https://forums.warpp...mmvp/?p=2427923

As you can see, its near consensus that Warlocks are a tier below Sorcerers. We may not be the weakest among all classes, but the weaker ones are either expanded 2nd classes such as Soul Linker/Oboro, or supporter classes such as AB/Mastro/Wanderer. So if we consider DPS third classes, it is definitely true that warlocks are among the weakest tier. Like I said, I dont expect us ever to become OP like rangers, but at least, we should be on par with Sorcerers in terms of PVM/MVP.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 02 May 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#31 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

For your reference, take a look at posts from the Class-Tier ranking thread. It was made in 2016, and there hasnt been any significant gameplay changes since then.

https://forums.warpp...mmvp/?p=2427841

https://forums.warpp...mmvp/?p=2427923

As you can see, its near consensus that Warlocks are a tier below Sorcerers. We may not be the weakest among all classes, but the weaker ones are either expanded 2nd classes such as Soul Linker/Oboro, or supporter classes such as AB/Mastro/Wanderer. So if we consider DPS third classes, it is definitely true that warlocks are among the weakest tier.

Tank (or Safety Wall) + Deluge via Pororoca Shoes + Waterball (+ 100%MDef bypass on 4 races) tho.

Edited by kubikyuu, 02 May 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#32 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Did we have NP/NCT cards back then?

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:36 AM

a single week of new gears in the kafra shop can just totally change these ranks, what to say a year+ of new gears and updates.

#34 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

NCT/NP Cards were introduced to Sakray at the end of September.

SO no, they were not out as the threads are from March.

#35 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

2 million+ Soul expansion( i've seen one with 3m, but can't remember where to find it)

Highest SE damage that I've seen was 560K on Fenrir, which is a lot, but then again, Haseo made a video where he dealt 440K+ per SE, so it's "only" 20% over his. :P

#36 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

This is the 2m one  (can't find the one where it is 3m gdi)

(oh, he fked up on the firewall and Runaway Magic didn't proc'd :v could've been much more)

#37 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

OP AF... stronger than my GX. :heh:

BTW, "2M", because the HUD doesn't display damage above 999.999 per hit. Might as well be 3M+. What is Realized Amdarais' HP pool? He/She took it down with 21 hits...

Edited by Kusanagisama, 02 May 2017 - 12:31 PM.

#38 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

OP AF... stronger than my GX. :heh:

BTW, "2M", because the HUD doesn't display damage above 999.999 per hit. Might as well be 3M+. What is Realized Amdarais' HP pool? He/She took it down with 21 hits...

10 times of the normal one. So ~42m

#39 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

with those new gear from OCP and new card from last episode

i can't say WL is one of weakest amongst all classes

and i usually do demon temple with 2 warlock, they produce similiar dps with ranger

#40 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

This is the 2m one  (can't find the one where it is 3m gdi)

(oh, he fked up on the firewall and Runaway Magic didn't proc'd :v could've been much more)

Holy crap, that damage, my gene can do it only 140k per CC on Amdarais, i feel weak ):

#41 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

And i was feeling op with the 200-300k SE. Rip

#42 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:02 PM

10 times of the normal one. So ~42m

Thank you, Sigma. So it was not HUD, it was really 2M per SE.

BTW, anyone knows what are the shadows (s)he is wearing? Doesn't look like Tempest, if it was, at least it was not +30, so won't have full bypass effect (not REALLY needed against Amdarais, but the numbers are too high to imagine any MDEF at all). Her FAW doesn't seem to be Top Notch as well. I saw a card enchant there... INT+1? :P Now I'm extremely curious.

Holy crap, that damage, my gene can do it only 140k per CC on Amdarais, i feel weak ):

After seeing this, who doesn't? I don't even remember what's my warlock's damage on Amdarais... Should be around 215K, since he's undead 4 as well, and this is my damage on Dark Lord.

#43 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:16 PM

I can't see her gears clearly with my phone. Should wait until I'm back to home or you will take screenshots for me. :P

Edited by Sigma1, 02 May 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#44 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

Highest SE damage that I've seen was 560K on Fenrir, which is a lot, but then again, Haseo made a video where he dealt 440K+ per SE, so it's "only" 20% over his. :P

Did someone summoned me??

I think that was a non 175 warlock lol. I've doing over 600k or so lately with 100% mdef piercing (vesper + +14 GSoD + +14 Hat thingie)

#45 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:08 AM

Well. I'm at home. Let's see her gears.

Old Magic Stone Hat [Green Lichtern] with magic essence lv.5 (Matk+15%, reduce fixed casting time by 0.5second)
New Wave Sunglasses : reduce aftercast delay by 10%.
Flattering Robe [Nightmare Amon Ra] with double Int rune
Sunflower Boy [2 Ancient Tree]
FAW [Gioia]
Temporal Int Boots [Nightmare Verit] with RM
2 x Pendant of Maelstrom [Elvira]

Armor, Shoes and Shield are Reload set.
And obviously, Tempest set. :)
Tempest (and Penetration) set requires +25 to gain Mdef/Def 100% ignore.

Her insane dmg is from Gioia and Nightmare Amon Ra.

You can see her dmg at 1.39

Edited by Sigma1, 03 May 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#46 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

what does scaraba transformation do btw?

#47 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

with those new gear from OCP and new card from last episode

i can't say WL is one of weakest amongst all classes

and i usually do demon temple with 2 warlock, they produce similiar dps with ranger

Well, we still sacrifice significant amount of MATK for MDEF bypass, which is an issue right now. In future, once Magician Gloves are introduced to iRO, we will move up to the middle tier, or even slightly better than that. But well, until then...

#48 Raphat

Raphat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:05 AM

Edited by Raphat, 03 May 2017 - 06:08 AM.

#49 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:49 AM

Well. I'm at home. Let's see her gears.

Old Magic Stone Hat [Green Lichtern] with magic essence lv.5 (Matk+15%, reduce fixed casting time by 0.5second)
New Wave Sunglasses : reduce aftercast delay by 10%.
Flattering Robe [Nightmare Amon Ra] with double Int rune
Sunflower Boy [2 Ancient Tree]
FAW [Gioia]
Temporal Int Boots [Nightmare Verit] with RM
2 x Pendant of Maelstrom [Elvira]

Armor, Shoes and Shield are Reload set.
And obviously, Tempest set. :)
Tempest (and Penetration) set requires +25 to gain Mdef/Def 100% ignore.

Her insane dmg is from Gioia and Nightmare Amon Ra.

You can see her dmg at 1.39

I thought they needed to be +30... Maybe the version that we would receive was modified to be this way?

Anyways, lol to her setup. With these cards, you can't deal 2M per SE with iRO gear, but still can do more than 1M easily.

#50 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

[Removed] Someone knows if this is fake?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 May 2017 - 08:33 PM.
Removed video, illegal client edit, possibly illegal server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users