Query and question! A direct question for campitor! - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Query and question! A direct question for campitor!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#76 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

You think you know how my party works? Have you heard of heal slaving? It's a similar system and I just grant a service. You think leveling in Bio my way is cheap? have you done Bio4 for nearly over a year to understand everything from how the players play and why my business work? I use to be that person that invited every rejected claas (rgs, gx, chasers, suras) for free and I had like 6 of these players in a party as I alted a stringer, wandy, sorc, and a dps.

I did it because I felt sorry for them. And it got to the point where I couldnt keep asking for gwings. I use to charge 30m and got made fun of. But i didnt bother listening to them because I know i was helping out a lot of players. Then i got 10 requests a day and it went to 40m. Then i got more requests during exp events and it went to 50m. I've helped 100s of players with leveling and advice throughout my time and I've given out free runs to those who I see in town that's been waiting hours for a party.

So make fun of my business all you want, but I know I've done more to help players outside of my guild then what you've done for your own clique. If i knew how to GRF edit for every legal crap, I would've given it to anyone who asks for it because whats the big deal? Should I be called a dumass for wanting to help them? Who cares if they get the some edits. I don't lose anything because of it. The same reason as me giving away runs to people for free at times.

I didn't make fun of the business. Just your idiotic baseless claims. "You are probably using greymap or flatmap because I can't see your client and you know how to do things"

You think doing GRF edit didn't consume any of my own time or require me to learn anything? There is nothing but laziness preventing people form following a step by step guide on how to do these things themselves and yet you go to claiming "you guys use illegal -_- because you don't want to give it out to other people while I also call it illegal"

If someone is friends with me or such I will give them the help. They know they can just google it and learn like the people before them have done, yet they refuse to and instead resort to calling other people cheaters because they have something they don't. If I want a card and someone has them they can either give one, or say, hey here is how you go get one yourself, or if you go do this you will learn where to do/find these things. They have been given the option to go where they can look for themselves, but it's not enough and they want it handed to them.

#77 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Or just have an add-on feature like WoW does.

#78 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

What about removing any kind of client edition (except skins),dual client and trades from the game? Create an auction house and gg,RO is back  :p_idea:

#79 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

I didn't make fun of the business. Just your idiotic baseless claims. "You are probably using greymap or flatmap because I can't see your client and you know how to do things"
You think doing GRF edit didn't consume any of my own time or require me to learn anything? There is nothing but laziness preventing people form following a step by step guide on how to do these things themselves and yet you go to claiming "you guys use illegal -_- because you don't want to give it out to other people while I also call it illegal"
If someone is friends with me or such I will give them the help. They know they can just google it and learn like the people before them have done, yet they refuse to and instead resort to calling other people cheaters because they have something they don't. If I want a card and someone has them they can either give one, or say, hey here is how you go get one yourself, or if you go do this you will learn where to do/find these things. They have been given the option to go where they can look for themselves, but it's not enough and they want it handed to them.

I understand that you want players to learn how to do things, but it doesn't change the fact that you're promoting a basis for strong misuse. The fact that you think is okay to do edits and check with Campitor is already a problem cause who knows what else is legal or not? Then there's that other problem of a player having to do things outside of the game just to make themselves equal against other players?

I haven't heard of pneuma timers since RCX. Seeing it on that WoE video has made me realizw there are more things a nom GRF editing player will have to know vs someone who is more experienced. And pneuma timers were not explicitly listed as okay on the guidelines unless you interpret "buff timers" as a mean of making it okay to use.

The overall point is, you have given yourself an obvious advantage for PvP. That falls in line with a rule that was broken in the guidelines.

#80 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Obviously Milky wouldn't have posted a video if he thought this was illegal, especially after the Maya p. drama.

Not sharing edits doesn't mean you're selfish or self serving. You have the right not to and anyone with a brain can use Google and find the majority of these. If it really matters to you and you're too stupid or lazy to learn how to use GRF Builder (seriously, it takes minutes) you probably shouldn't even care.

I have been using a base client for a good bit now and I could care less what other people do as long as it isn't a blatant cheat. Pnuema timers aren't going to make someone like Rocker a better player. He just wants it to have it. 

Edited by Myzery, 18 May 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#81 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

I understand that you want players to learn how to do things, but it doesn't change the fact that you're promoting a basis for strong misuse. The fact that you think is okay to do edits and check with Campitor is already a problem cause who knows what else is legal or not? Then there's that other problem of a player having to do things outside of the game just to make themselves equal against other players?

I haven't heard of pneuma timers since RCX. Seeing it on that WoE video has made me realizw there are more things a nom GRF editing player will have to know vs someone who is more experienced. And pneuma timers were not explicitly listed as okay on the guidelines unless you interpret "buff timers" as a mean of making it okay to use.

The overall point is, you have given yourself an obvious advantage for PvP. That falls in line with a rule that was broken in the guidelines.

No hallucination is explicitly listed, that gives a massive help against hallucination drug.

And it's not like blatantly asking "can i do this and that?"

It's "this is listed in the legal edits, does this edit fall under that category?"

And how is saying you should ask if it's legal or not promoting misuse? If anything it goes against misuse saying you should always double check with staff to make sure it isn't a misuse.

If anything, when asked about these edits being legal, after Camp gives the "ok" he should be updating the legal edit list so it's more specific on these things.

#82 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

No hallucination is explicitly listed, that gives a massive help against hallucination drug.
And it's not like blatantly asking "can i do this and that?"
It's "this is listed in the legal edits, does this edit fall under that category?"
And how is saying you should ask if it's legal or not promoting misuse? If anything it goes against misuse saying you should always double check with staff to make sure it isn't a misuse.
If anything, when asked about these edits being legal, after Camp gives the "ok" he should be updating the legal edit list so it's more specific on these things.

I agree with you that there are a lot of things Camp can do better regarding their policies.

But again, why do you need to PM a staff member and wasting their time with that? They're not my personal assistant that I should always be checking for things to be legal. You can't just open a ticket to get a response like everyone else? So instead you resort to PMs for direct contact when you know the normal channel for getting support is through the ticket system.

Why can't you just be happy with using the original client? Because of QoL changes that can be equivocal by that person's belief? Sprite editing is illegal yet it can help out with bio mobs. But it's a QoL. Buff bots are QoL but thats banned as well. And you're telling me Pneuma Timers are QoL? No one uses that for PvM and the only reason to have it is for PvP, which is a clear advantage. You client edited pneuma timers for a PvP advantage. What else can a player do for more of an advantage.

So where do we draw the line between players and GMs? As far as I can tell, as long as you get PMs from the GMs involving clients, you don't have to worry about getting banned for experimenting with illegal client edits.

Edited by Demeris, 18 May 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#83 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

Obviously Milky wouldn't have posted a video if he thought this was illegal, especially after the Maya p. drama.

Not sharing edits doesn't mean you're selfish or self serving. You have the right not to and anyone with a brain can use Google and find the majority of these. If it really matters to you and you're too stupid or lazy to learn how to use GRF Builder (seriously, it takes minutes) you probably shouldn't even care.

I have been using a base client for a good bit now and I could care less what other people do as long as it isn't a blatant cheat. Pnuema timers aren't going to make someone like Rocker a better player. He just wants it to have it. 

Even if it isnt a huge advantage,it's one.

I still don't know why we can't edit Stone Curse effect (which is bugged as hell if someone is using x,y skill) but we can use pneuma timers  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#84 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

So where do we draw the line between players and GMs? 

.... what?

#85 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

How is a pneuma timer not useful in pvm?... You can see when your pneuma is about to run out for ranged mobs or for seeing the Mvp's pneuma runs out...

Only reason I ask Camp is because we have no definitive place to find Rules for this game that are anywhere near up-to-date

Real resolution should just be Camp or someone else update a List that is actually more specific to what exact edits are allowed instead of being so vague that we need to ask "Does this count"

If someone wants the edits though, should be able to find a GRF editor themselves, however it would probably be good to have an image dump for all the GRF images that people want to use, then they can pick and choose what ones they would use.

Edit: Would also be nice if CM's could implement some better system for us to report Hackers/Bots/RMT

Like seriously had to go through CM's and Warnhal to make it understandable that a giant army of bots is actually bots? Does it really take 6 months for them to try and determine that and STILL do nothing about it?

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 18 May 2017 - 11:48 AM.

#86 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

It shouldn't be legal. It's a "QoL" but gives an advantage in micromanaging your skills. That's why its QoL - it gives an advantage over those who don't have it.

Too bad campitor doesn't seem to grasp this concept. 

Maybe he does ... but you know ... cake comes first! 

#87 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

this sort of bs is exactly why they shouldn't allow this crap at all. 

Is Fluffs still in Valhalla?

#88 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:50 AM

How is a pneuma timer not useful in pvm?... You can see when your pneuma is about to run out for ranged mobs or for seeing the Mvp's pneuma runs out...
Only reason I ask Camp is because we have no definitive place to find Rules for this game that are anywhere near up-to-date
Real resolution should just be Camp or someone else update a List that is actually more specific to what exact edits are allowed instead of being so vague that we need to ask "Does this count"

If someone wants the edits though, should be able to find a GRF editor themselves, however it would probably be good to have an image dump for all the GRF images that people want to use, then they can pick and choose what ones they would use.

Pneuma timers have extremely limited uses in PvM. Most things die to range.

Again, asking Camp directly? If he responds, it's grounds for favoritism. The right thing to do is do it through the ticket system. If you have a problem with the game, ticket. If you have concerns, tickets. No one should be PMing Campitor unless it's extremely urgent and affects the status of the game.

I understand its potentially the fastest. But it's unfair to other players. Do you think people would be okay if Campitor replies to all my PMs but ignores everyone elses?

Edited by Demeris, 18 May 2017 - 11:53 AM.

#89 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Is Fluffs still in Valhalla?

Not really. 

#90 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Thursday forums never disappoint

#91 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

aco now dictates how to communicate, kay

#92 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

Time out requested. 
Take it easy folks.. Staff updates will be appended if necessary.

Note: 

If a topic is locked by a moderator please do NOT re-create it somewhere else on forums.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users