can we have cylinder hairband in the next ocp - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

can we have cylinder hairband in the next ocp

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

that bait was so poor and easy and still...

#52 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

that bait was so poor and easy and still...

easy tears.

#53 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

It seems like everyone has forgotten the fixed harvester hat headgear..
It can.be a good substitute fr cylinder hairband..

#54 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Harvester is free, CHB requires money to be introduced to server. Camp only care to accomodate the one with kafra shop since people feels like scammed after spending real money.

#55 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hmm

#56 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

It seems like everyone has forgotten the fixed harvester hat headgear..
It can.be a good substitute fr cylinder hairband..

It is not even close to a substitute. Cylinder gives 4 times the bonus to damage, and the only thing Harvester has going for it other than the damage is the drops, which arent terribly useful, as they arent that expensive to buy. You are much better off using other, generic, headgears. Not to mention it needs to be +9, rather than +7.

Edit: Here is a graph to illustrate my point on Harvester vs Cylinder damage. (in spoiler)

Spoiler

Edited by Latsabb, 22 May 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#57 Ghostnom

Ghostnom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

It'll be a long time before I can afford one @ the current prices in eden lol.

#58 Savio619

Savio619

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationGoa India

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

And this post is gone from can we get CHB in the next OCP to CHB nerfing and comparing thread...

#59 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

And this post is gone from can we get CHB in the next OCP to CHB nerfing and comparing thread...

Obviously. The only reason CHB is so popular is because it is quite possibly the most overpowered piece of gear in the game, which made an already strong class significantly stronger. At some point someone is going to have to tone the thing down. I seriously dont see it lasting as is forever.

#60 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:19 PM

It will stay as is. If it changes u will have the same group who used kp and or zeny to buy that headgear to riot.like a mob of angry sleepless grouchy toddlers. Every seen a daycare when the whole.lot hasn't had their nap? No? Change the hat and u will see it!

#61 2791130726184901777

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

Bump this please. We have a lot of pokemon players with fresh loyal humon ready to level. Cylinder is going for 2.5B zeny or $100 on Facebook. Neither of which is viable for most people and the latter will get them banned.  Can we still put them on the next OCP box please? 

#62 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

There arent enough OP Gene's. Lets just put it into the cash shop for 500 points. Tears for everyone.

#63 AllenR

AllenR

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

CUT THE HYPE PLEASE.. EVERYONE IS GOING CRAZY. the price isnt worth the zeny. period.

#64 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:50 AM

i don't mind Cylinder making genes godly.

I just hate how other classes, who need damage boosts like RG & Mechs, have not received any OCP love.

:gg:

#65 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

I just hate how other classes, who need damage boosts like RG & Mechs, have not received any OCP love.

Yeah, me too. I dont mind Cylinder Hairband at all, I am making a Geneticist in my alt account. It does frustrate me that some other classes dont get such OCP love, especially the ones that need them the most. But of course, its hard to be fair 100%, even ppls with OP classes like rangers/GX are requesting OCP gears, they want to be more OP. Cant say they are wrong though, at least, they have every right to demand.

#66 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:00 AM

How can people not mind? It doesnt bring anything to the game, and certainly doesnt make it more enjoyable. iRO has very few viable gear alternatives as it is, despite having a lot of different gear. That it is from the cash shop, not always available, and is the most powerful single piece of gear in the entire game, rivaling pretty much any MVP card in power level, doesnt seem to bother you guys? There is power creep, and then there is power sprint, and then there is this. There are pay to win private servers with gear that isnt this strong.

#67 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

How can people not mind? It doesnt bring anything to the game, and certainly doesnt make it more enjoyable. iRO has very few viable gear alternatives as it is, despite having a lot of different gear. That it is from the cash shop, not always available, and is the most powerful single piece of gear in the entire game, rivaling pretty much any MVP card in power level, doesnt seem to bother you guys? There is power creep, and then there is power sprint, and then there is this. There are pay to win private servers with gear that isnt this strong.

It bothers, but its already there. You cant change what already happened, you can only embrace it. The ship has already sailed, theres no turning back. The only way to solve the problem is to maintain the balance by introducing similarly powerful gears to other classes, especially the relatively weaker classes. After all, the game was unbalanced in the first place with certain classes being inherently stronger than the others. Introducing OP gears is actually, a good chance, to rebalance the classes on RO. Its not a perfect solution, but its a lot easier than waiting for Gravity to do a class-rebalance that will never ever happen.

#68 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

mechs have

#69 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:54 AM

Err... The ship has sailed, but you can turn it back around. Games nerf overpowered items all the time. And in this case, the cast time modifier isnt even correct.

#70 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:27 AM

I dont like the idea of nerfing. What if a player just paid 2-3b for Cylinder and all of a sudden it is nerfed? Also this wont fix the ultimate issue with class balance. Some classes are inherent stronger than the other classes. We cant count on Gravity to rebalance classes, the only way to make everyone relatively happy is to patch balance through gears.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 06 June 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#71 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

I dont like the idea of bringing more damage to the already damaged game

#72 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

Nerfs happen, even to expensive gear. As a matter of fact, almost exclusively to expensive gear. Any time your class is OP, or an item is OP, anyone with any sense knows that it is only a matter of time before nerfs come rolling.

And since Genetic was already very powerful before the Cylinder, they would need to release items twice as OP to even put half the classes within spitting distance of the Gene. That isnt a good road to go down. Gear should NOT be what balances classes. That is the laziest and worst solution you can have.

#73 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:58 AM

Its not necessarily about bringing more damage to an already damaged game, more like two poisons make a cure.

Of course in a perfect scenario, gears should not be what balances classes, but realistically what else can we do? The game was unbalanced in the first place, some classes are OP and some classes are crap. Do you honestly believe Gravity will spend millions of dollars to rebalance the classes?

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 06 June 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#74 Latsabb

Latsabb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

Millions of dollars to rebalance the classes? I think that you highly overestimate how difficult it is to manipulate a formula, change casting times, etc. And I cannot think of any situation where two poisons made a cure...

#75 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Of course it is an exaggeration, but the point remains that its hopeless to count on Gravity to nerf gears or rebalance classes, especially the latter. If rebalancing is as easy as you think it is, it would've happened a long time ago. The truth is, it never happens, and what they are actually doing, is to introduce gears to balance classes. Maybe they failed at this, by adding an OP gear to an already powerful Geneticist Class, but then its a different topic.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 06 June 2017 - 07:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users