July 6th Ragnarok RE:START mini RESTART - Page 3 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

July 6th Ragnarok RE:START mini RESTART

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#51 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Having no bots and newbie items being expensive and hard to find is incentive for new players to join. A bot infested server we've experienced before many times, let's try one without then discuss.

New Players will level fast enough to stop farming those items though and the demand is way higher than a new player temporarirly might farm. And high level players won't farm these items. People'll rather just alt tab to some CS:GO/LoL.

#52 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Are you serious?  bots are the main reason of the market being broken and you say that? with that you just tell me that you are a botter LOL

4YnRO1Zd2MjPI5SfxYRPdtauIXvSyR85ndV9B8tg

Not quite. Whenever strawberry bots are banned on the Chaos server, the prices do go up, but the market doesn't crash. There's plenty of people who farm low-level items, and the prices would become more newbie-friendly. With how new this server is, it wouldn't be hard at all to find people to buy those bulk items from.

#53 SELain

SELain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationwired

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

What's wrong with bots except the fact they are breaking the eula/Terms of Service? Do they really destroy something? I mean look at the window. It's not 2003, its 2017.

Let's be honest here: most of us are not in school anymore, we have families and full-time jobs so nobody wants spending days hunting for things like creamy cards and other stuff on x1 rates. It's totally insane.

So as for the players theres 2 options for any of us:

- we buy it from botters for lower and reasonable price

- we do bot it ourself

Yes, the server is all new, but do we really need overpriced low and mid-tier items on the market?

Edited by SELain, 06 July 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#54 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

What's wrong with bots except the fact they are breaking the eula/Terms of Service? Do they really destroy something? I mean look at the window. It's not 2003, its 2017.

Let's be honest here: most of us are not in school anymore, we have families and full-time jobs so nobody wants spending days hunting for things like creamy cards and other stuff on x1 rates. It's totally insane.

- we do bot it ourself

Yes, the server is all new, but do we really need overpriced low and mid-tier items on the market?

Ragnarok may not be the game for you.

#55 Vardahoth

Vardahoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

- we do bot it ourself

Here is a hint. If you don't enjoy grinding or farming for items, you are probably playing the wrong game. Botting ruins the experience of wanting to run in and socialize with people.

#56 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

1. Botting is not allowed on the server and GMs will be actively patrolling.

2. Unfortunately the IT team reports that they have not finished yet with their tasks to upgrade the servers. Current estimate is that the server will most likely be up in 2 hours. However, if things go well it may be shorter. Please check back on this thread for Updates.

This will be updated to the OP and Patcher.

#57 Vardahoth

Vardahoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

2. Unfortunately the IT team reports that they have not finished yet with their tasks to upgrade the servers. Current estimate is that the server will most likely be up in 2 hours. However, if things go well it may be shorter. Please check back on this thread for Updates.

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what's happening. This is way more than what I can say for Square Enix (who let their servers constantly dc people every 5 minutes for 3days and waited till after to give any sort of announcement).

Edited by Vardahoth, 06 July 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#58 SELain

SELain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationwired

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

Here is a hint. If you don't enjoy grinding or farming for items, you are probably playing the wrong game. Botting ruins the experience of wanting to run in and socialize with people.

I wonder how does grinding low-lvl monsters for days (or weeks) among all these bots (or even all alone) could help anybody to socialize?  :hmm:

Edited by SELain, 06 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#59 emanuels0uza

emanuels0uza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

its 4pm so... we on? :D

#60 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

- we buy it from botters for lower and reasonable price
- we do bot it ourself

I can't agree with your theory. And about Item Mall? Those who do work can simply spend more real money, buy Kafra Points and make zeny selling these Points.

There are a lot of teenagers with never ending free time to farm, believe me :'D

#61 banSean

banSean

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Ban all the bots

Keep the bots

These legit players will still struggle to make zeny and complain that 20k cards are overpriced.

Costumes are what's gonna keep this server alive. Now put in Spiky band and elven ears.

Edited by banSean, 06 July 2017 - 02:03 PM.

#62 Vardahoth

Vardahoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

I wonder how does grinding low-lvl monsters for days (or weeks) among all these bots could help anybody to socialize?  :hmm:

That is exactly my point. It makes it so people don't want to socialize. Because instead of saying "hi" to some random person, you get tired of seeing no responses and just get this disgusted feeling every character you run into is a bot. If bots were banned strictly, you could say with confidence the person is just rude and not a bot. Then, (gasp) you might actually have more positive interactions with people who are willing to respond, making the game show how an MMO is nice to play.

#63 GalenDresden

GalenDresden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

Anyway that we the Playerbase can help? Maybe the Priests start a Warp Portal Chain that locks them into a loop to send them to the same place over and over again?

#64 dzn018

dzn018

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Server:iRO-Odin

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

- we do bot it ourself

For one, they cause strain on server capacity.

I sell stuffs that I don't need for reasonable price. Heck, I undercut even the probably botters.

The game is supposed to be like that. Count on your luck to hunt it yourself or have others with more free time to hunt it. You have job? You can use what you earned to boost the rate of drops to compensate for the time you were;nt able to play.

Smh, I don't get why people try to justify bot.

#65 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Reimburse us for the delays please. give the hoes freebies, double exp event, something lmfaoo.

I wanna 99 before Summer vacation ends for me. I shouldn't have to wait an extra hour or two because yall already took an extra hour for maintenance yesterday.

#66 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Scheduled Maintenance Time:
11:00 am to 2:00 pm PdT
7/6/2017 3:57pm Update, Unfortunately the IT team reports that they have not finished yet with their tasks to upgrade the servers. Current estimate is that the server will most likely be up in 2 hours. However, if things go well it may be shorter. Please check back on the update thread for future news.
Account Security, Malware, and you!
The real behind the scenes at gravity Gravity:Blog

Access to our game servers will be temporarily down during the regularly scheduled server maintenance at 11:00 AM PDT.
During the server maintenance, players will be unable to log into the Ragnarok Online RE:START game.

iRO GM Team
Gravity Interactive, Inc.

Is this over with or current? 

#67 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

@SeLain

How long do you play this game? I played on many servers (officially or not) and i can tell you:

1- There is no scarcity of low tier items, whenever the rate of the server

2- New players can actually make some money selling low tier items

3- The community is much better when there are no bots

You can say whatever you want to justify your actions, but they are not right. Botting is the cancer of that game and many players don't play anymore oficcialy because of that.

@Campitor

I know that you are not really allowed to say anything about that, but the community is asking for answers... When are we gonna get Safengine? We really need that, and this the best moment to do that ( Re:Start has the potential to be the last good ocidental RO server, but we won't get there with the bots issue...)

Edited by Allori, 06 July 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#68 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

Visit the hord map, or wolves map, or other famous botting maps. See for yourself.

P.S. r. elu's and r. ori's being left on ground for pickup. Highly recommend killing steel chonchon's there to get rich quick.

lmfao i legit laughed out leading reading this. 
I'll be sure to visit cause I want to get rich quick!

#69 sakmerch

sakmerch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

For one, they cause strain on server capacity.

I sell stuffs that I don't need for reasonable price. Heck, I undercut even the probably botters.

The game is supposed to be like that. Count on your luck to hunt it yourself or have others with more free time to hunt it. You have job? You can use what you earned to boost the rate of drops to compensate for the time you were;nt able to play.

Smh, I don't get why people try to justify bot.

They justify it the same way they justify selling cash shop items.

#70 RockKnight

RockKnight

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

I wonder how does grinding low-lvl monsters for days (or weeks) among all these bots (or even all alone) could help anybody to socialize?  :hmm:

Are you actually implying that bots only grind low-lvl monsters? lol

And what if I want to grind said low-lvl monsters for drops? I'm really not being helped by having every single mob swiped infront of me by some thief who has leveled from 10 to 99 by hitting spores for months.

And god forbid newbies have some kind of low-lvl way of gaining zeny, go play on the chinese version of RO if you want to play on a server where botting is allowed.

#71 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

The other reason is that botting causes something called hyperinflation. This makes a barrier for new players to join causing them to quit which in turn discourages other players known as Whales who spend lots of money and support the server so you end up with a negative cycle. 

Here are a couple of videos about hyper inflation and how it's a common effect on all mmorpgs but is especially a problem in highly botted games like RO. 

Spoiler

Edited by Himeyasha, 06 July 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#72 SELain

SELain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationwired

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

I can't agree with your theory. And about Item Mall? Those who do work can simply spend more real money, buy Kafra Points and make zeny selling these Points.

There are a lot of teenagers with never ending free time to farm, believe me :'D

That's what i am talking about: both bots and cashshops are equally unfair for majority of players, still item mall is legit and RMT is not

And unlike Item Mall bots are useful as they perform economic recovery and lower prices for mid-tier items

#73 Kazekaizen

Kazekaizen

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

You act like people wanna socialize when hunting something tho lol. Like the first thing on my mind when hunting something that super rarely drops is I want this damn item now so I can get the hell out of there and enjoy playing the game leveling with people. I dunno. Saying people playing the wrong game isn't helping anyone either. I've had a friend farming for a Creamy card since the servers came out and has yet to see one. Hes very dedicated to doing it and that's great and all... But its not something he enjoys. No one enjoys farming that long.

#74 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

im not a botter, but everyone who play this game for years should knows that the only reason ragnarok western servers are still alive is because of the bots.

Edited by Wyrd1, 06 July 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#75 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

HOW THE HELL WILL I E-ROLEPLAY WITH ALL THESE BOTS IN 2017???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users