Time to look into zulie draining solution? - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Time to look into zulie draining solution?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

I think the idea was if you were to vend high level items on low level maps, there would be a higher tax, but if you were to vend low level items on a low level map, the tax would be less.

Either way, it'd just prevent anything of gameplay value being vended anywhere outside of Muris. 

#52 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Very very few people vend low level items at all. Until I joined my clan I just used NPC gear refined as high as I could without hassle. After that reinforced makes the drop gear look like crap. I honestly believe that is the biggest issue this game has. Yeah the grind of iRose was tough with the tiny experience, I played almost from the start right until they closed it and managed level 72, but all the maps had players, always. Zant looked like JP does now, Eucar had shops.

The problem is you can't go backwards on experience, people would freak out if it took six months to get to Luna. High experience is fun to a degree, but it has a seriously detrimental effect on the population of the maps. And for as long as I can remember I've been of the opinion that new players come, see no one else and leave the game.

Sorry totally off topic I know, so I'll stop now. :D

#53 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

The problem with ROSE is the un-mentionable servers. If Gravity were to get serious, send out some CnD's, and actually put in the work to find out why people prefer those locations and start implementing the changes here, those players would flock back. I not joking either. If they were to offer some type of incentive package for joining this server after making some honest upgrades to class balance and other things like the core leveling speeds, rose would quadruple in active players.

The 'good old iRose population' days aren't gone, they've just migrated somewhere else because it's easier, and Gravity/Warpportal doesn't do anything about the existence of the unmentionables.... 

#54 jhepfoy

jhepfoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

Seems like they're really passive about this. The inflation in game is really alarming. And also, I see many old timers in this game but really, only few of them show concern. The rest are just passive, as well, with the issue. I mean, as a newbie, I'd still look up to those who got here before me. But it's like they're fine with whatever happens to this game or focus only on PvP. It's just so sad.

#55 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

You mean scammers/veterans asking for free stuff, like most of the times  :heh:

New age farming hahaha

#56 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:57 AM

They can't because faiths came with a contract and now the contract ain't in function. They would break the law if they put them out for sale again.

I don't know if its the most effective strategy but I like the tax function. That is what a normal government have, why shouldn't Rose government have it?

Get rid of them then. they are nothing but a way to show off how much zulie u have...

Make a new set that are similar. Nothing wrong with that.

#57 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

While I fully believe that populating low level areas is a good idea, this wouldn't work. People would just make the lowest taxed area the new vending location. If Zant were 10% and JP 20% no one would vend in JP why would they?

so.. 15% taxes for everyone everywhere :heh:

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

5% Tax on Auction House ( 3.5 % with Premium Account)
7.5% Tax on Trades ( 5.5 % with Premium Account)
10% Tax on Vending ( 7.5 % with Premium Account)

Problem Solved. 

#59 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:25 AM

In addition of tax system, they can have npc that sell some limited rare item (within a short period) at high price like 50b and etc.. That will drain zullie quite a bit also,,

#60 Phreshes

Phreshes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

In addition of tax system, they can have npc that sell some limited rare item (within a short period) at high price like 50b and etc.. That will drain zullie quite a bit also,,

Account locked on acquire, sure. Otherwise, please no.

#61 zenjack

zenjack

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

r

Edited by zenjack, 02 December 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#62 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

The purpose and format I chose in my post was intentionally to avoid a conversation regarding those servers and to direct the idea that if they didn't exist, the Official, and LEGAL server would be significantly more populated, funded, and advanced due to said funding. I'd drop the server topic entirely unless you want the thread locked. 

#63 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

5% Tax on Auction House ( 3.5 % with Premium Account)
7.5% Tax on Trades ( 5.5 % with Premium Account)
10% Tax on Vending ( 7.5 % with Premium Account)

Problem Solved. 

Pushing the gap between premium and regular players even further apart. I imagine if they ever do something like this, this will be the route they go, but it's just another nail in the coffin for the game. We need players, all types of players, to make the game fun. Anyone that's played when you get the "Server Exceeded" message understands how fun it can be with all the maps populated.

There are far more than enough reasons already for premium, we don't need yet another that pushes that gap farther apart.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I am a premium player, have been every time I come back.

And without getting into a huge (disallowed) discussion, if the LEGAL server implemented some of the actual gameplay stuff players are asking for they wouldn't be hurting. This isn't a situation of because the others exist, it's a situation of the company spends more time doing things like maintenance with the express purpose of adding new IM stuff and NOT adding things like new quests, auction houses or other actual game play features. And again, before you lecture remember you're talking to someone with actual experience in that area.

Edited by calder12, 30 July 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#64 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

The reason behind the tax difference is actually to get rid of some of the less than useful features of Premium Service. But even if it was added purely as an extra, it's something that will legitimately influence players to pay for the service. 

I've seen the argument that "we don't need more things to pay for, we need more free stuff" made a lot. The problem with that theory though is that, due to the poorly conducted* restrictions on trading and vending or non-consumption of those items in the IM and LS area, after long enough, no one needs anything from it. 
In fact, I haven't paid for anything in ROSE for over 2 years. Not a penny. I did over the course of my lifetime with ROSE spend more on the game than most people spend on their first car, but in recent events, not a dime. 
And that's not because I'm cheap all of a sudden or anything like that, it's because I just don't need anything from there; and that's a situation that the Development team should be wary of. You don't want your services or items to stagnate or obsolesce, you want them t always be worth it, but not required. Incentive, not force.

In regards to the tax difference specifically, it really won't hurt new players much to not have it, as they really don't vend or do much in the way of trading. Not to the degree or quantity that a more experienced player would. That means it only becomes an incentive once you've decided to continue playing the game, but even then it wouldn't be required, and the numbers could be shifted to smaller amounts. (Though I do stand by my original numbers.)

Lastly, Calder x) I'm not going to lecture you on forms or methodology of debate, in fact, I actually learned a little bit on debating back in around 2013 or so from you. Not going to say the apprentice has surpassed the master, but I'm not going to hustle you when the conversation is civil, important, and more about reaching the same goal. 

Edited by Feuer, 30 July 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#65 AyaR

AyaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

this is a good way to get rid of zulie depending on what the items  may be (honor sets fingers cross if it happens)

and if they did this like once every year or 2 times a year this will help ALOT

Edited by AyaR, 30 July 2017 - 06:45 AM.

#66 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

lol at the last comment, that was a touch unexpected.

My concern is more that the gap widens between regular and premium player and that isn't a goal the game needs. I agree that the IM stuff becomes less important over time, which is why I believe a focus on content is more important. At this point there isn't a lot more that can be offered. Drop rates and experience rates, even outside of events are already really high. Being able to effectively farm mats no matter your level has taken away any market power that low level players ever had in that regard too. Unfortunately this is partially due to out-leveling areas so quickly.

I spent half an hour last night farming a few more Lunarian hearts on slags at level 205 ._.

I really do understand limited developer(s) time, but I honestly believe too much focus here is on maximizing profits from an ever shrinking player base, without really looking at why that base is shrinking or coming up with erroneous reasons for the decline.

I love Rose, it was my first MMORPG and the only one that has ever held me over the years. Knowing the inner workings allows me to understand the effort involved in making changes, and other experiences (which we won't openly discuss) allow me to know which changes work and which don't. It also frustrates me when I see issues that should have been solved years ago still affecting this server.

I play here, no where else, I want here to survive and I spend money here to further that desire. But when we can't discuss things openly and maturely without fear of being silenced or banned it's frustrating. This game still has potential, it doesn't even look that bad for a game running on a 12 year old engine, but there needs to be a change of mindset if it has any hope of having a renaissance, otherwise we're just a bunch of fanatics, holding on to fond memories and waiting for the waves to finally cover our heads. 

#67 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

BTW I am absolutely fine with the numbers, I'd even be fine with a little higher and I do think a tax is a good solution.

Another solution is implementing content that has a zulie cost attached to it.

#68 AyaR

AyaR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

They could probably try to raise the amount of zulie it costs to max a rune cause my highest rune is LVL 94 and i only spent about 1-1.2b to get it there (using shards)  

#69 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

Another solution is implementing content that has a zulie cost attached to it.

Oblivion Temple used to, I assume it still does. Costs 5 mill (I think?) to open it up to everyone for a month

#70 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

All quests should have zulie cost implemented into it. Each ones price should take into account the possible reward, the level that it needs to be done, how many players do that mission together, and the amount of zulie the average player would have around that mark in the game.

Also, an alternative system could be "wealth distribution" LOL.   We could have a donation NPC, where we could donate money for new players to use (they only get a certain amount after doing a mission for the NPC, or something of that nature...and can only do a mission ever x amount of time) and the purpose of the rich players donating is they could exchange the money to the NPC for a donator costume piece (x amount gives you a bronze special hat, x amount gives you a silver, x amount gives you a gold, and x amount gives you a platinum) that is one of a kind for helping out your community.

#71 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

All quests should have zulie cost implemented into it. Each ones price should take into account the possible reward, the level that it needs to be done, how many players do that mission together, and the amount of zulie the average player would have around that mark in the game.

Also, an alternative system could be "wealth distribution" LOL.   We could have a donation NPC, where we could donate money for new players to use (they only get a certain amount after doing a mission for the NPC, or something of that nature...and can only do a mission ever x amount of time) and the purpose of the rich players donating is they could exchange the money to the NPC for a donator costume piece (x amount gives you a bronze special hat, x amount gives you a silver, x amount gives you a gold, and x amount gives you a platinum) that is one of a kind for helping out your community.

Wow, this is a great idea, paying to do the thing we used to do to get currency! It's completely switches the scales and is totally new! I wonder how long I could do those quests before being completely broke on a new character and having to go farm if this was implemented, should definitely be tested and implemented right away! Great idea Jo.. er SirSlayer! 

#72 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Yikes- charging to do quests?  That doesn't seem like a very good idea at all, regardless of the quest reward.

Not sure what the answer to the economy is (or if there even is an answer since it's driven by players and players can be greedy) but I would definitely not like to see a charge on quests

#73 Buffiies

Buffiies

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationCanyon City Of Zant
  • Server:''Aura''

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

I agree with HB and Feuer. No zulie cost on quests because quests should be rewarding.

#74 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

ha

Yeah, I meant optional quests. Things that aren't at all required, but give some sort of reward that is equal to buying the item in the market, or perhaps even unique costumes that are only attainable via these quests. As to quests being rewarding, they are if the item is desirable and only available through the quest.

As to charging for all quests, again, this puts a serious detriment on new players and nullifies the purpose of doing a quest, at least the basic in game quests.

#75 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

Nice idea,

Like so many they never get implemented.

I hope this one does  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users