Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete] - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 07/12/2017 [Complete]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.5.84, Game Version: 10.2.0.4

Server Maintenance
2017-07-12, 15:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Ultrathon EXP Event

The Ultrathon EXP Event is ending.

DS-Changes.png

- A bug has been fixed that parts of the Devil's Set of Agility are invisible for Dragonkin classes
- A bug has been fixed that the top and/or gloves of the Arcadia's Destiny Set (BigWheel) are pink for Dragonkin classes
- the guild annoucement length has been increased from 100 to 200 characters. If the width of the text is bigger than the size of the text box less characters are possible.

Class Balances (testing phase)

Invoker
- the effect range of the Lightning Magnet skill has been reduced by 30% (PvP only)
- the cooldown of the Lightning Magnet skill has been increased to 30 seconds (PvP only)

Monk
- the casttime of Wide Heal has been increased: Lv. 1: 1.5s (original), Lv.2:1.4s, Lv.3:1.3s, Lv.4:1.25s, Lv.5~10: 1.2s (PvP/PvE)

Priest
- the duration of the Muddy Mud debuff has been reduced to 5/6/7.5/9/10 sec. (PvP/PvE)

Pathfinder
- the cooldown time of Tesla Coil has been increased to 9/10/11/12/13 sec. (PvP/PvE)

Elementalist
- the cooldown time of Rolling Stone has been increased by 8 sec. (PvP only)

Rogue
- the cooldown time of Head Spin has been increased by 3 sec. (PvP only)

Skill Fix Fire Ink (Warlock)

The skill has been renamed to Octopus Ink Gun
The skill uses an Octopus Gun which hits targets one time with an ink cloud dealing damage and has a chance of stunning when enemies are hit. The caster is unable to move while using the skill.

Lv. 1:
hits up to 6 targets dealing 150% of the Weapon's Damage + 100 with a chance of 15% to stun. Cooldown time is 20sec.

Lv. 2:
hits up to 8 targets dealing 170% of the Weapon's Damage + 200 with a chance of 20% to stun. Cooldown time is 19sec.

Lv. 3:
hits up to 10 targets dealing 180% of the Weapon's Damage + 300 with a chance of 25% to stun. Cooldown time is 18sec.
Lv. 4:
hits up to 12 targets dealing 190% of the Weapon's Damage + 400 with a chance of 30% to stun. Cooldown time is 17sec.

Lv. 5:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 200% of the Weapon's Damage + 500 with a chance of 40% to stun. Cooldown time is 16sec.

Lv. 6:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 220% of the Weapon's Damage + 600 with a chance of 45% to stun. Cooldown time is 15sec.

Lv. 7:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 240% of the Weapon's Damage + 700 with a chance of 45% to stun. Cooldown time is 15sec.

Lv. 8:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 260% of the Weapon's Damage + 800 with a chance of 45% to stun. Cooldown time is 15sec.

Lv. 9:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 280% of the Weapon's Damage + 900 with a chance of 45% to stun. Cooldown time is 15sec.

Lv. 10:
hits up to 14 targets dealing 300% of the Weapon's Damage + 1000 with a chance of 50% to stun. Cooldown time is 15sec.

BigWheel
The Arcadia's Destiny Set  will be removed

MixBoard
The [Best] Arcadia's Destiny Set [Deluxe Tab]  will be removed

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Is this Arcadia Episode 2 part 2 ? :heh:

#3 cenen

cenen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

Monk
- the casttime of Wide Heal has been increased: Lv. 1: 15s (original), Lv.2:14s, Lv.3:13s, Lv.4:12.5s, Lv.5~10: 12s (PvP/PvE)

You mean cool down right? It does make zero sense to wait 12seconds to cast a spell...

#4 Yadin2

Yadin2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

I dont usually complain but.... seriously??? Another monk nerf? So much punishment for that class... ppl aré rage quitting this game because Of this so called balancíng... instead of nerfing classes you should as New skills yo make this game more exciting ... i think constamtly making your playerbase angry with Nerfs Will be cancer to this game... just my honest oppinion

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

You mean cool down right? It does make zero sense to wait 12seconds to cast a spell...

the dot between the numbers went missing.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

I dont usually complain but.... seriously??? Another monk nerf? So much punishment for that class... ppl aré rage quitting this game because Of this so called balancíng... instead of nerfing classes you should as New skills yo make this game more exciting ... i think constamtly making your playerbase angry with Nerfs Will be cancer to this game... just my honest oppinion

More exciting by making more OP? You did notice that most of it has been done for PvP only because Invokers are OP in PvP? Not even mentioning how OP this class is in PvE (together with the Summoner)

I think constantly buffing classes to make them more OP is annoying has well. 

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

Honestly, the headspin of rogue was about time. Because this skill is kinda "over used" by many bandits in pvp.

Yes I say this completely aware of the fact I only play savages.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 12 July 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#8 Yadin2

Yadin2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Monk op in pvp??? For real??

#9 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yeah better keep them as strong and unkillable as they are right now. Or as OP as their crowd controll is.

Its not like this mud debuff is really heavy, i mean huge MS decrease with disable to dash and dashjump or jump at all and if im not completly wrong it lasted for around 25-30 seconds. This was way too strong.

sure if nerfs happens people will get mad, but do you want a game that doesnt get balanced? Lots of people play monk/summoner because they are so overpowered. Other classes are dead thanks to those op classes, it became a rarity to see a warrior/Savage class in PvP.

This game is so broken right now it needs nerfs balances and so on, this team is going the right way. NERFING!

In my opinion the thing that is cancer to this game is itself, cuz it is so broken and unbalanced.

i mean seriously, the monk has an instant freeze that cant be dodged properly by dashing or dashjumping since the coding of the game is not good in that way, so why should they keep a op debuff that you could only fix either as monk itself, as destroyer or with items.

#10 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

i'm playing the class and i don't see this has a nerf at all. and it a class balancing

before complaining you should see how it realy affect you. the wide heal is not a nerf at all. and it  a healing spell that can be replace by many other for PVP.

and for magnet it was bound to happen cause the skill was op

#11 cartouche

cartouche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

those are very minor nerfs, being invoker i dont mind them at all and actually agree. muddy mud was OP as all hell, lasted forever. i just think it should be pvp only, it was useful in f7 mode

class remains playable and there is no change to gameplay in pvp or pve, just so slightly more balanced.

i dont think they are able to "add new skills", and even if they were able to , it would be extremely difficult to do so without ruining the game's balance even further.

nice to see a stun to wizards, they really needed it

I do disagree with invoker being "OP" in PVE. it's only OP in pvp.

It's in line with ninja/timereverse, destroyer, summoner.

but unlike those, it cannot easily get SSS in arcade mode, making it a very poor gold farm option.

its also bad at making things fill the groggy bar, and you have to constantly repair.

and the cherry on the top, it's POS set bonuses are garbage so getting crit dmg / crit rate is way harder than everyone else.

Edited by cartouche, 12 July 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#12 Yuumikitsu

Yuumikitsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:The One With A Dragon On

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

A step in the right direction if you ask me. Monks might need to feel the wrath of the nerf hammer a bit more in PvP to make it more fair since they can still heal their whole HP with like a single spell. Other everything else from the Tesla to the rolling stone and to the Fire ink skill that never worked as intended. Keep it up and try to balance like this in the future as well. It's good that you're still being careful and not nerfing it too much at once so it wont feel like you're getting slapped by an iron fist. Good job!

#13 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

Happy to finally see some serious class balancing !

I hope this will be a success. Implementing things with a testing phase afterwards is, to me, the best option for this matter.

Can't wait to see how it is in game !

By the way, don't forget guys to provide the Staff some feedback, that's why there is a testing phase. I already can see people complaining on this without having tested it...

#14 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

I don't PVP. I just don't like it. So yes this seems to be a nerf. You give the skill to decrease casting time then you do this. My main is an invoker and most of the skills don't do as much damage as just spamming x. How about trading in some of these useless skills instead? Try as I might, at lvl 85, I still can't solo Elga. Tell me my character is OP. It seems like more of an IM buying imbalance than anything.

#15 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

A step in the right direction if you ask me. Monks might need to feel the wrath of the nerf hammer a bit more in PvP to make it more fair since they can still heal their whole HP with like a single spell. Other everything else from the Tesla to the rolling stone and to the Fire ink skill that never worked as intended. Keep it up and try to balance like this in the future as well. It's good that you're still being careful and not nerfing it too much at once so it wont feel like you're getting slapped by an iron fist. Good job!

I agree with the nerf very much. Such minor change will prevent the player that play class for the overpowere. I think also it does not harm the player dedicate to the priest class. But i do not agree with your statement saying priest need to feel nerf hammer i think this is a very wrong way of thinking. This is for the sake of other class not oh this class is overpowere nerf nerf picket sign. For the sake of the game please not for the intention of hurting players experience.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Try as I might, at lvl 85, I still can't solo Elga.

Then you have done something wrong if you can't solo Elga with an Invoker. Look at YouTube and you'll find lots of videos where invokers are soloing Elga.

#17 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Okay let's review. Big balance patch, wide class variety, let's see;

-Monk's Wide Heal.
Cast time is a big +1 as it makes to even with Casting Acceleration there's still a window to prevent the skill. Though it will still be a small window.

-Priest's Quagmire.
This alone would be amazing. This slow has a longer duration than a hot pockets microwave time. Also we all know this is combined with Witch's Curse.

-Invoker's Magnet.
Range AND Cooldown nerf? It's probably what a very large chunk wants. Doesn't flat out disable but doesn't mean it doesn't have uses. It can be escaped efficiently however with the range nerf and hopefully this means no "Sudden double range" magnet incidents.

Pathfinders Tesla.
This should've been it's intended cooldown. It was already a strong skill with easy reapplications as it can be jump canceled. Hopefully some internal z combo cooldown would be looked into for the 2nd easiest chain combo stun.

Summoner Rolling Stone.
Well a Summoner really only needs to land one of these anyways...

Rogue's Headspin.
Now you Rogue mains sit down and learn some ground combos. You all know you who are!

#18 blackph

blackph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

I am glad to see more balancing and right now just a test...

Because it´s a little bit sad to see Cooldown of Tesla also increased meanwhile Sniping from Marksman isn´t touched at all...

Higher cooldown from Tesla in PvP is fair, but Sentinel realy depends on Tesla for Boss Monster like Bone to kill them faster.

To nerf Tesla makes Sentinel worse in PvE. They need something effectiv like Vulcan or Wood Rush.

Compared to Sniping from Marksman Tesla is nothing in PvE. So pls remove cooldown increase of Tesla there and do instead somthing with Marksman :D

Best regards

Edited by blackph, 12 July 2017 - 01:36 PM.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

isn´t touched at all...

This is not the first balance and won't be the last. We will do it step by step.

Btw, the marksman already got hit by a nerf in PvP - the roar of victory buff in PvP affects the Random Shot skill in the same way as the diffusion cannon of the Priest.

#20 SoulStealerVayne

SoulStealerVayne

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

I don't care so much about changing I just came at the end of this ultra event and I wanna know when will be the following event:d And I wanna suggest I think other have already suggested being a thing like gold for I'm at 1:25 or something like that ...

#21 Schnitzelkopf

Schnitzelkopf

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe Universe
  • Server:Yvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Invo op in pvp? Thats new to me too...

Also i hate people dash jumping arround in pvp like crazy so i loved the mud as a countermeasure..

But well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Dont really care for pvp anyways since i think Invo is a weak pvp class.

Just dont nerf it for pve pls. I loved that skill in F7.

#22 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Then you have done something wrong if you can't solo Elga with an Invoker. Look at YouTube and you'll find lots of videos where invokers are soloing Elga.

I'd love to have someone come and look at my character and help me fix my setup however it is messed up. I've been on since 2010 and It is hard to keep trying to update my setup every time something has changed.

#23 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

All these new members in the forums voicing there thoughts on the nerf. Well deserved nerfs/balances just remove deathbuffs and we're super balanced no more 400k+ hp w/ 30k/3seconds slow heals an abusive system.

Edited by Apocryphos, 12 July 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#24 Marziale

Marziale

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:51 PM

I am glad to see more balancing and right now just a test...

Because it´s a little bit sad to see Cooldown of Tesla also increased meanwhile Sniping from Marksman isn´t touched at all...

Higher cooldown from Tesla in PvP is fair, but Sentinel realy depends on Tesla for Boss Monster like Bone to kill them faster.

To nerf Tesla makes Sentinel worse in PvE. They need something effectiv like Vulcan or Wood Rush.

Compared to Sniping from Marksman Tesla is nothing in PvE. So pls remove cooldown increase of Tesla there and do instead somthing with Marksman :D

Best regards

The problem with Tesla was, you could lay one down and before the first one disapeared it's cool down would have been over. The class was already known for hiding in it's ''minefields'', Tesla made this just easier. Especially many CQC classes had a huge disadvantage.

Sentinel is still potent in PvE. Huge CR buff combined with shoot down and multishot provides a great amount of single target damage. The only advantage Tesla had was it's passive dmg, meaning you could keep attacking while it did damage.

@Popcorn May I ask if there are any plans on disableing the Pathfinder Passive that hides his traps in regular PvP but keep it like it is in Empo and Battle Square? If that's even possible.  :thx:

#25 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

All these new voices in the forums. Well deserved nerfs/balances just remove deathbuffs and we're no more 400k+ hp w/ 30k/3seconds heals an abusive system.

This is a very big issue. Consider change or remove hp% death buffs bonus from healing class * in bsq. Slow heal with high max hp is very very op.

Edited by testg, 12 July 2017 - 01:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users