• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76 GoodVibesz

GoodVibesz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

Is it serious that you think this problem will be forever? I see bigger problems to be discussed, this is next to be solved. If we think like you, we will not even start playing the game, even though it's free, time is money for most ..

if you think like me, you wouldn't pay to play ragnarok online in the year of 2017

Edited by GoodVibesz, 28 July 2017 - 05:26 AM.

#77 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transex

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

if you think like me, you wouldn't pay to play ragnarok online in the year of 2017

I pay for any product that consumes me hours at some point in my day, so I can demand more quality from that product.

#78 GoodVibesz

GoodVibesz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

I pay for any product that consumes me hours at some point in my day, so I can demand more quality from that product.

#79 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

I'm fine with P2P as long as it comes with VIP. Basically same as current VIP packages but with gametime included.

$5 for regular non-VIP access per month maybe.

#80 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/SairekCeareste
  • LocationCanad(i)a
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

To suddenly put a fee to access the server that was free will do so much damage I'm pretty sure that Re:Start wouldn't be able to recover from it. Everyone concentrating on the potential positives but is completely neglecting the backlash that will happen from doing so.

When players have something for free and obviously a large sum of the population is free to play players -- and then you take it away, you're taking a big, big risk.

Trove did this with making classes that were unlocked with free in-game currency and changed it to premium currency instead. This really did not boil over well with most of the community. It's practically dead now as a result even though it's still a free to play game with no bots or anything of the sort. The population is only a mere fraction now of what it used to be and none of the recent updates have helped recover it. The only people who continue to play now are the whales as they alienated the majority of their community with just that one move.

I have no doubt a similar amount of backlash would happen. If the server started out as a pay to play, nobody would care. But when it began as free to play and you suddenly take that away, I can assure you the storm that would brew from that would be worse than the problems the servers are having now.

#81 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

For a very small fee to play each month, I think the only people that would really get affected are those who own multiple accounts for bot farming. If you're a legit player with 1-2 accounts, sparing $5 for each for 1 month gametime, $7 for 1 month gametime + VIP, or $15 for 1 month gametime + VIP + 2k WPE (and VIP unlocks all your character slots), it shouldn't be too much of a bother.

Edited by Exuro, 28 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.

#82 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanad(i)a

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

For a very small fee to play each month, I think the only people that would really get affected are those who own multiple accounts for bot farming. If you're a legit player with 1-2 accounts, sparing $5 for each for 1 month gametime, $7 for 1 month gametime + VIP, or $15 for 1 month gametime + VIP + 2k WPE (and VIP unlocks all your character slots), it shouldn't be too much of a bother.

In my case, I have no way to make transactions online. So even if I was willing to pay, I'd still be alienated. I know many other players on the server are in the same boat.

Again though, knowing from experience (Trove is not the only example I could use), the back lash when something like that happens can destroy a game and its community, or at the very least severely cripple it. Considering how frustrated most of the people player the server is right now, going pay to play would be the final nail in the coffin for this server. It would probably limp for a while but eventually it would die from blood loss.

#83 Rest

Rest

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Adding a fee to an already free server would be a terrible misstep; but starting up a new one behind a paywall and then offering existing Odin players a means to transfer over would be win-win. 

Free players stay free and those who want to pay can pay.

#84 Sairek

Sairek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationCanad(i)a

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

Adding a fee to an already free server would be a terrible misstep; but starting up a new one behind a paywall and then offering existing Odin players a means to transfer over would be win-win. 

That would be much more reasonable. I know a few people would complain about it because -- well, you can't make everyone happy.

Ideally though, there shouldn't have to be two servers in the first place. There should be some sort of bot mitigation in the first place -- not some sort of pay wall. I know realistically though there isn't too many options they can do for that, though.

#85 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

There shouldnt be lowlives who abuse any gap they can get, but guess what, majority of humanity is like that. Deal with it.

#86 Rest

Rest

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

Ideally though, there shouldn't have to be two servers in the first place. There should be some sort of bot mitigation in the first place -- not some sort of pay wall

Wholeheartedly agreed! Hopefully their bot solution hits soon enough and all this will be moot.

#87 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Awww be ignorant is nice as i can see, i will repeat (even if i pretty sure you guys dont want to understand)

Will the P2P reduce the bots? of course will do a lot, but will erase all? dont, no even in your dreams.

Will be reduce the lag? of course will do, but DDoS? nope

Live WoE? hahaha already forgot what happening to Loki, Chaos, Iris, Ymir and Ygg?

Players will pay at current state? you must be kidding me if you guys think there will be enough players to P2P no even free anymore if this problem continue, a lot of players leave the game already for the recent problems

But well this is part of nostalgia too right? become P2P and then lets merge again Deja vú LOL

#88 Rest

Rest

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

Awww be ignorant is nice as i can see, i will repeat (even if i pretty sure you guys dont want to understand)

Haha ok....

Will the P2P reduce the bots? of course will do a lot, but will erase all? dont, no even in your dreams. 

No one thinks P2P will "erase all bots". That's silly. But as you said, it will reduce a lot of them.

Will be reduce the lag? of course will do, but DDoS?

Oh good, we agree there too. Reduced lag would be a huge win. DDoS attacks can't be prevented- even giants like Amazon still suffer attacks.

Live WoE? hahaha already forgot what happening to Loki, Chaos, Iris, Ymir and Ygg? 

I don't care about WoE, but it will be whatever it will be. Seems every iteration of iRO WoE turns to trash after a certain amount of time regardless of the server.

Players will pay at current state? you must be kidding me if you guys think there will be enough players to P2P no even free anymore if this problem continue, a lot of players leave the game already for the recent problems

At the current state? No. But if they create an environment with heavily reduced bots (thanks to pay wall) and minimal lag (thanks to minimal bots), I bet plenty of people would pay a reasonable price.

HOWEVER, the real goal here should be to fix Odin. Weather the DDoS storm and get that anti-bot system in place pronto.

Edited by Rest, 28 July 2017 - 03:08 PM.

#89 Krispin2

Krispin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

I think this is far more reasonable that forcing a paywall on an existing server, and if I could transfer with my stuff to such a server I might be willing to.

My friends on the other hand are cheap to the point of getting defensive when I bring up vip, but to get away from bots even they might be willing to give up the equivalent of a frozen pizza a month.

#90 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

This reminds me of Yggdrasil though. It eventually got merged to Chaos. If you give people options where one is free and one isn't, almost everyone will go with the free one.

Edited by Exuro, 28 July 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#91 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

In my case, I have no way to make transactions online. So even if I was willing to pay, I'd still be alienated. I know many other players on the server are in the same boat.

Again though, knowing from experience (Trove is not the only example I could use), the back lash when something like that happens can destroy a game and its community, or at the very least severely cripple it. Considering how frustrated most of the people player the server is right now, going pay to play would be the final nail in the coffin for this server. It would probably limp for a while but eventually it would die from blood loss.

I'm not sure if in your location, they sell those cards that you can use for WPE. I forgot what those were called and if they're available all over the world though.

#92 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:51 AM

paysafecard? :o its what I use. But there are hundreds of options in form of cards so idk how people live in regions where none of them are sold.

#93 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

If you're gonna do anything P2P related just require new accounts to pay like $2.50 or whatever for WP energy.

Bot population will drop drastically.

#94 Chelsea2k10

Chelsea2k10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Yes For P2P

#95 8395170719204442867

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Let's not forget that going pay to play was what killed InRO, back when it had basically no competition. This is not a wise move. Even if players CAN afford it, which the overwhelming majority can, most won't pay for it. It won't prevent bots. It won't help the server keep members. Why do it at all?

#96 imdoutzen

imdoutzen

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Let's not forget that going pay to play was what killed InRO, back when it had basically no competition. This is not a wise move. Even if players CAN afford it, which the overwhelming majority can, most won't pay for it. It won't prevent bots. It won't help the server keep members. Why do it at all?

This is not InRO, this is iRO (in the present year!). Majority of the players here are veterans that are likely to have jobs now. If paying monthly is a big deal to you, kindly consider reevaluating your life.

Subscription is actually a good thing since that would make staff members to push harder to retain their customers. If they fail, then they shouldn't be in this business to begin with.

Edited by imdoutzen, 29 July 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#97 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

The suggestion of paying to create a account is a good. idealy 2 or 3 USD. It would curt the rampage botting and only hurt people making bot farm.) We should have a new server for this. As for Odin it can remain as free server. . . Paying that ammount would be a small price. Even kids wont have problem with its. Their lunch cost much more. .. so realy no reason to be upset if you want play in Bot free server

#98 luminaa

luminaa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

I think, It's not a good idea, not for me, a brazilian player. 

They should invest in a good anti boot system. flLsurM.gif

#99 dididanger

dididanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/bangrj
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Transex

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

up.

#100 Razithekillers

Razithekillers

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

for me if server got split, It won't fun anymore. I'm interested with RO:RE because it have 4-5k player.. If 1-2k player... mehhh.. community too small, picky GR, selfish player, small market, need help on leveling it hard. 

Edited by Razithekillers, 02 August 2017 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users