Current Server Status - Page 12 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#276 Nochnaya

Nochnaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationMoscow
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

Can you please try again?

I changed my DNS to google DNS and it helped me

#277 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

You already know that there is DDoS attack going on and your still insist in upgrading some stuff with enriched hammer .. i doubt WP will claim your losses ..

just be patient and wait till the server stable guys ..

If you have a limited time for having Enriched Hammer to have your gears to +9, wouldn't you grab the opportunity? Before the good afternoon post of Camp today, its mentioned that Enriched Hammer will end August 3, 2017 in the previous patch notes. Wouldn't you treasure that little time to upgrade? Unless you are a billionaire and wouldn't care in these type of events. 

#278 Hendra88

Hendra88

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

If you have a limited time for having Enriched Hammer to have your gears to +9, wouldn't you grab the opportunity? Before the good afternoon post of Camp today, its mentioned that Enriched Hammer will end August 3, 2017 in the previous patch notes. Wouldn't you treasure that little time to upgrade? Unless you are a billionaire and wouldn't care in these type of events. 

Well i also already participate in the event but only when the server is stable for me was from monday the server quite stable and the mitigation work quite well, because im sure WP gonna extend the event because of the DDoS attack .. and its true .. they extend the event for about a week maybe until the next MT .. 

#279 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Well i also already participate in the event but only when the server is stable for me was from monday the server quite stable and the mitigation work quite well, because im sure WP gonna extend the event because of the DDoS attack .. and its true .. they extend the event for about a week maybe until the next MT .. 

But the availability of cash to avail of enriched ores is not always the same for all players you know. I can only afford to buy this week since its end of the month and salary is available. Maybe you can try to put yourself in the shoe of other players not always thinking on your own point of view.

Thank you.

#280 Void78

Void78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPayon tables - chaos
  • Server:Renewal(_L)

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Not badly handled considering.  However, there were some isolated from the forums for 1-3 days and had no clue what was going on? Maybe using social media a little bit more IF something like this ever happens again? Hopefully this will bring about a review of WP security procedure.

#281 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

Not badly handled considering.  However, there were some isolated from the forums for 1-3 days and had no clue what was going on? Maybe using social media a little bit more IF something like this ever happens again? Hopefully this will bring about a review of WP security procedure.

A review for what? They did what they should of and could of in the situation. A DDoS is not like a hole in the code allowing someone to steal information or whatnot. It's literally like someone trying spam you with so much junkmail, the legit mail cannot get though. And from Thousands of differen sources no less.

Again, they did fine all things considered.

#282 KeiiMaebara

KeiiMaebara

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

Managed to get online for 5hrs straight and then dc party happens...again :yawn: was thinking of buying points for this upcoming cash shop update but meh :p_err: talk about customer 'care'...now to find me a a travel destination for the weekends :p_devil:

Edited by KeiiMaebara, 01 August 2017 - 11:24 PM.

#283 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:42 PM

Eh, the connection has been pretty damn stable for the past day or so. Only DC I really saw today was on my end.

And please, don't put the blame on WP's Customer Care, they're likely bleeding money doing what they can to minimize the effect of the DDoS.

#284 Void78

Void78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:50 AM

A review for what? They did what they should of and could of in the situation. A DDoS is not like a hole in the code allowing someone to steal information or whatnot. It's literally like someone trying spam you with so much junkmail, the legit mail cannot get though. And from Thousands of differen sources no less.

I, like you probably, aren't the security experts to make those decisions and maybe there is something that could be done differently, maybe nothing can he done, hence a review and not ACTUALLY doing something different.

#285 ChowYunFat

ChowYunFat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:07 AM

How much did WP paid u to said that? I like some of that too  :p_idea:

#286 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

http://bfy.tw/6nI

#287 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

I, like you probably, aren't the security experts to make those decisions and maybe there is something that could be done differently, maybe nothing can he done, hence a review and not ACTUALLY doing something different.

How much did WP paid u to said that? I like some of that too  :p_idea:

Hah? The point here is I know what a DDoS is. Do you? It's quite a bit different than someone trying to exploit a bug or poor coding to get, say, passwords or credit card numbers. It's literally some random person using hundreds or thousands of computers to send random data WP's way, effectively denying them their service, hence the name, Denial of Service.

If you actually know what you're talking about and make a complaint that has some merit, go for it. I'm only speaking up since many seem to not actually understand what's happening, but are pretending they do. Or they aren't pretending, but don't care and are complaining anyways.

So, it's fine to "armchair" network security, but at least know what it is you're talking about to some degree.

#288 Void78

Void78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hah? The point here is I know what a DDoS is. Do you? It's quite a bit different than someone trying to exploit a bug or poor coding to get, say, passwords or credit card numbers. It's literally some random person using hundreds or thousands of computers to send random data WP's way, effectively denying them their service, hence the name, Denial of Service.

If you actually know what you're talking about and make a complaint that has some merit, go for it. I'm only speaking up since many seem to not actually understand what's happening, but are pretending they do. Or they aren't pretending, but don't care and are complaining anyways.

So, it's fine to "armchair" network security, but at least know what it is you're talking about to some degree.

Yes I'm aware of what a DDoS, I'm not making a complaint more suggesting MIGHT be out there somewhere something else that could be done to help in future rather than yourself getting emotional over it....  :heh:

Edited by Void78, 02 August 2017 - 02:31 AM.

#289 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

Yes I'm aware of what a DDoS, I'm not making a complaint more suggesting MIGHT be out there somewhere something else that could be done to help in future rather than yourself getting emotional over it....  :heh:

>Yes I'm aware of what a DDoS

>more suggesting MIGHT be out there somewhere something else that could be done to help in future

You are not aware of what a DDOS is, your second sentence shows it

#290 Void78

Void78

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

>Yes I'm aware of what a DDoS

>more suggesting MIGHT be out there somewhere something else that could be done to help in future

You are not aware of what a DDOS is, your second sentence shows it

Being aware of and knowing what in a professional capability can be done about it are 2 completely different things....  :heh:

#291 BearrBearr

BearrBearr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:14 AM

I've been experiencing MASSIVE LAG lately :( is this happening to someone else or i am the only one ? :( Could it be something related to my country's IP? :( Cuz it makes playing kinda impossible =.=

#292 MasterOfBytes80

MasterOfBytes80

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

Sure... The whole day everything was fine. As soon as i pop a BMX3....

#293 Gavu

Gavu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

I still DC 

#294 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Just another attack judging by how many are online and update time on ragial.

#295 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Being aware of and knowing what in a professional capability can be done about it are 2 completely different things....  :heh:

If ONLY Pros knew the solutions, then you'd have a point. But that information is everywhere, and if you know how the net works, even at a somewhat basic level, some things just become really obvious.

I mean, when someone first told me what a DoS was way back when, ie someone flooding your connection with random junk. I thought to myself, you could just block their ip... but then realized pretty much right there, that wouldn't help, since the data is still coming to you to get dropped. Ie still flooding your connection. It could be re-routed by the ISP in that case, there's a limit to what one computer can do, so somewhat trivial. But when it comes to THOUSANDS of computers doing it at once, it becomes far more problematic.

The REAL problem is how they get access to so many devices. One is normal home computers, owned by people who don't know enough to keep them secure, nor do they want to know enough. They just want it to work, and unless something affects them directly, they likely won't do a thing. The other is more recently, other devices, like DVRs and cameras and such, and the mirai botnet. These devices aren't really made with that kind of security in mind, hindsight and all that. You attack those, the primary source of the botnet floods, not so much the person who chooses to use them, then they become far less commonplace

So, again, you don't need to be a pro, you just have to educate yourself. If you don't feel it's worth your time, that's fine, but that also means you won't know what you're talking about. If I felt I didn't know what I was going on in a situation, I don't post an opinion on that, I go inform myself, or simply don't bother with it at all.

#296 werd92

werd92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

please help me.. cant enter game.. ragnarok online.. failed to connect to patch server.. my connection is good.. already 2 to 3 time like thiss..

hope can help.. best regards..

#297 Cando4

Cando4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Seems like the attacker is getting stronger ( or more PCs have turned into "Zombie PCs" ) cause we're getting disconnected again... Got DC twice in the past 6 hours  :sob:

#298 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

yesterday i manage to play again iRO and i can enter on the site but now i cant , did they activate their mitigation thing were other players cant log in unless your using VPN again ? i hope this maintenance will be fix ....

#299 4904170307080120113

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Thor and Chaos

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Can't enter the server. Is it just me?

#300 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members