Current Server Status - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#226 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Quick update about the status of the ddos:https://forums.warpp...ty-issues-ddos/

#227 PettyCash

PettyCash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Quick update about the status of the ddos:https://forums.warpp...ty-issues-ddos/

Duly noted. Thanks Camp.

#228 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

You know you are probably right. I just have trouble understanding peoples logic when it comes to something like that. If I were going to commit multiple felonies there'd have to be higher stakes than the salt of a few gamers. It's kind of depressing to me to think someone has that much time and resources and would blow their load on a tiny community like this one. But I suppose it does happen.

I was attracted to this post.

#229 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3555 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

very disturbing

#230 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

it just hit again :'(

#231 Seta2501

Seta2501

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

Yup. It aint over yet!

#232 Lillith767

Lillith767

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

I too was unceremoniously ejected from the server like so much waste and refuse out the window of a cottage in Merry Olde England

#233 Cando4

Cando4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Seems like the attack happens a lot at night ( ET ). That might be because A) The attacker doesn't like the people that plays in this time slot?  or B) People that plays in this time slot got their PC infected turning it into a "zombie PC" therefor every time they log in they create a huge traffic. I'm from the east coast of USA and I never got disconnected earlier. As in from 1PM ET to 10PM ET.... Interesting...  :rice:

Edited by Cando4, 30 July 2017 - 06:28 PM.

#234 xMGMx

xMGMx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

finally i log my account thank you so much WP team

#235 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Chaos(can't vouch for other servers) seems to be running smoother now. Thanks for the hard work!  :p_smile:

Edit: Got dc'd again just now xD

Edited by XanneAgain, 31 July 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#236 Gavu

Gavu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

Fail to connect to server /sob /sob /sob /sob /sob

#237 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:12 AM

Connections to server are still getting disturbed, the map zones remain online.

#238 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

I was attracted to this post.

Ddos me harder daddy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On a serious note, Camp, can we use this opportunity to ban obvious bots that automatically relog within seconds after each DC? There's quite a number of automated vendors as well as afkemists

#239 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:20 AM

Does anyone know if it's safe to do instances right now? (Been getting stuck with instance entrances whenever i try). Just asking cause i don't wanna add to their workload by requesting an airlift again xD

#240 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

I got two DCs today not continuous, but still

#241 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Is this the first time iRO encountered a DDoS attack? if no, then what could be the difference from the previous one? maybe the intensity the anonymity of the source?

#242 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

Does anyone know if it's safe to do instances right now? (Been getting stuck with instance entrances whenever i try). Just asking cause i don't wanna add to their workload by requesting an airlift again xD

There are 2 things that need to be ensured before you do instances:

1) Are you being (or is the server) DC'ed constantly?

2) Are you able to connect to any zone server without dc'ing?

To test 2, you warp to all the cities that Aperture teleports you, and if it's ok, you have a great chance of not being DC'ed upon entering an instance. If you disconnect while warping from one town to another it's kinda likely that you'll be dc'ed when trying to enter the instance.

#243 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

There are 2 things that need to be ensured before you do instances:

1) Are you being (or is the server) DC'ed constantly?

2) Are you able to connect to any zone server without dc'ing?

To test 2, you warp to all the cities that Aperture teleports you, and if it's ok, you have a great chance of not being DC'ed upon entering an instance. If you disconnect while warping from one town to another it's kinda likely that you'll be dc'ed when trying to enter the instance.

Well as of now, the only unstable city for me is juno, getting dc'd whenever trying to access the map. That's why i can't really tell. Welp, i'll just focus on grinding right now. Waiting for the server to stabilize/skipping instances for a week or two won't hurt. Thanks for the reply :)

~~~~~

And btw, just to add, i have 3 clients open the one who gets dc'd first is on juno, then comes eden, last is prontera. IDK if it's important but meh, just sharing lol.

#244 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

Is this the first time iRO encountered a DDoS attack? if no, then what could be the difference from the previous one? maybe the intensity the anonymity of the source?

iRO has been DDOS'd a few times in the past, but this is the biggest and longest they've been DDOS'd by far. Whoever is doing this is not simply being petty, they're trying to shut them down.

#245 Cando4

Cando4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

[1:54 PM July 30th ] Steam accounts:

Unable to login with Steam Account issue will be looked into on Monday (West Coast - US).

We ask you to be patient for the time being.

Still getting an issue with automatic log-in but it is not a big deal cause I can log-in manually :p_laugh: . My problem is that I can't access the steam store to refresh my VIP status  :sob: . I do not want to use your warpportal site to buy the VIP so I hope you understand. Please give us an update about this and thank you in advance  :thx:

FHAWEmC.jpg

Edited by Cando4, 31 July 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#246 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

iRO has been DDOS'd a few times in the past, but this is the biggest and longest they've been DDOS'd by far. Whoever is doing this is not simply being petty, they're trying to shut them down.

In this case, it is necessary to think about who may be behind this. Could it be from a competitor, especially a private server? Or could it come from a disgruntled/banned player? Either way they should've figured out a solution to defend against DDOS if they had been hit before, looks like no lesson was learned from the past. Guess I was indeed right from another thread that the cost of hiring a security expert is too much for a small company like WP.

#247 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

In this case, it is necessary to think about who may be behind this. Could it be from a competitor, especially a private server? Or could it come from a disgruntled/banned player? Either way they should've figured out a solution to defend against DDOS if they had been hit before, looks like no lesson was learned from the past. Guess I was indeed right from another thread that the cost of hiring a security expert is too much for a small company like WP.

They already had a DDOS shield up from a previous attack. This current attacker has been hammering at the shield and only managed to break through in the past week. It's possible their ISP has implemented another shield, but if the attacker is persistent then it'll only be a matter of time before the shield gets broken through. Countering cyber terrorism is never going to be easy, even Blizzard can't hold off DDOS attacks.

#248 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

They already had a DDOS shield up from a previous attack. This current attacker has been hammering at the shield and only managed to break through in the past week. It's possible their ISP has implemented another shield, but if the attacker is persistent then it'll only be a matter of time before the shield gets broken through. Countering cyber terrorism is never going to be easy, even Blizzard can't hold off DDOS attacks.

I see, that's why I'm curious to know what WP's ISP is so we could at least have a back ground of what they are capable of, I know it won't change anything but knowing the ISP could at least give us an estimate of how they handle things.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best.

#249 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

I see, that's why I'm curious to know what WP's ISP is so we could at least have a back ground of what they are capable of, I know it won't change anything but knowing the ISP could at least give us an estimate of how they handle things.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best.

BU4J4Bq.png

ntt? i dont know if that is an ISP on US but seems like yes. https://us.ntt.net/p...nternet-access/

Personally i dont know this ISP, im not from US

EDIT: LOL

g3fJHWZ.png

Edited by S207, 31 July 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#250 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

^
Nice, I completely forgot about trace route :heh:

Well, what does it say on their website? does their services look promising? :heh:

So players frustration should also be routed to them instead of WP, I suggest WP to get 1 representative from their ISP and answer all questions from raging players here in the forum. :heh:

Edited by Usurper, 31 July 2017 - 01:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users