Current Server Status - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Current Server Status

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#26 SpicyCabbage

SpicyCabbage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

i wish you luck and solve this DDOS attack 

#27 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

4 days of the problem, like 10 threads and finally an official thread to keep us informed. I appreciate this... But please, as a gaming company you are, really need a DDoS defense, this is the second time in a year i think or maybe a little more time. But this cannot happen again, and take action with 4 days of the issue, for the next things like this should be solved quickly.
 Also, some people can't do daily instances properly, other lost the level up chance in this days... maybe think in a compensation on the time lost will be nice too.

The last time i remember a DDoS attack kind of important was several years ago.

Also, just add vip days for the days lost as an extension of our vip time, i dont think anything else should be done lol..

#28 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

why not Report this attacker(probably the same g@Y in the past years) to the FBI?   :wall:

Because they likely have no idea who it is. And, no, it's not easy to find out.

While I understand DDoS attacks happen to any gaming company in iRO's case is very bad.

Users who cannot play will look for other options to satisfy their gaming needs. And considering the problems that have been plaguing iRO lately I'd daresay that this might give them the last nudge to finally move on or to look for other games that might hook them up.

Nothing they can really do about it, honestly.

#29 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the update Campitor!!! .... as per compensation bring back the quest for sloted sunglasses :p_laugh: ... or to boxes!!! Cheer and good luck with the DDOS attacks...!!! 

#30 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

So they just have to sit and pray for the guy to stop DDoSing? How do bigger companies deal with this then. Cos its really weird that this has no solution and one guy can just stop a company from providing service.

#31 pao0

pao0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Firesale all boxes (except ocp's) as a compensation. I want wdeh and malicious shadow set.

And extend the vip. Mine's gonna expire tomorrow.

:rice:

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Odin server the last nail to iRO lol

#33 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Any idea if WoE will be cancelled if this continues?

I'm unable to connect in game. Can't get buy shops up. Can't pot.

From my home IP, I can't even access these forums. Had to post this from my phone. I'm assuming I'm region blocked.

Edited by Lambor, 28 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#34 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

So they just have to sit and pray for the guy to stop DDoSing? How do bigger companies deal with this then. Cos its really weird that this has no solution and one guy can just stop a company from providing service.

By throwing money at it, and again, still just mitigates it. Part of the reason you don't hear about companies like google/etc having issues with a DDoS is that they have servers EVERYWHERE.

But you can't really do that for something like an MMO.

Basically you cannot "stop" a DDoS.There could be thousands, tens of thousands or even far more computers sending junk packets to you. There's only so much you can do to mitigate it, and it all boils down to throwing money at it. You can get much more bandwidth capacity, but even then, they can likely swamp it. You can have a service which inspects the packets and drops the bad ones before it even makes it anywhere near you, but that's not a simple process. Not to mention, the data still comes.

Think of it like this. Mail

You get some letters every day, no problem. A piece of junk mail here and there. Now one day, you get mail... by the truckload, after truckload, after truckload, all useless junk. It simply doesn't stop. So you "hire" someone at your door(a fireweall like people think seems to work) to filter all the junk out so you only get the legit stuff. The problem is the trucks keep coming and dumping the junk at your door, so even though you have someone "filtering" there's so much garbage coming in, the legit stuff gets drowned out regardless.

One of the best things people could do to help prevent a DDoS is to get people to care about their personal computer security. The reason people can do this is because they have access to huge Botnets, massive amounts of computers infected to allow them to control them, even while the owner is using it without knowing. It won't stop it completely of course, but it would severely limit who could do it. Another idea people have had in the past is have your ISP prevent you from using the internet if your computer is suspected of being part of a Botnet. I thought I remember one ISP doing something like this, but it was a long while ago. I think too many people simply want it to "just work" so neither of these is likely to happen if that doesn't change.

Edited by Ispano, 28 July 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#35 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

rip

VJrfDrz.jpg

#36 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

By throwing money at it, and again, still just mitigates it. Part of the reason you don't hear about companies like google/etc having issues with a DDoS is that they have servers EVERYWHERE.

Basically you cannot "stop" a DDoS.There could be thousands, tens of thousands or even far more computers sending junk packets to you. There's only so much you can do to mitigate it, and it all boils down to throwing money at it. You can get much more bandwidth capacity, but even then, they can likely swamp it. You can have a service which inspects the packets and drops the bad ones before it even makes it anywhere near you, but that's not a simple process. Not to mention, the data still comes.

You get some letters every day, no problem. A piece of junk mail here and there. Now one day, you get mail... by the truckload, after truckload, after truckload, all useless junk. It simply doesn't stop. So you "hire" someone at your door(a fireweall like people think seems to work) to filter all the junk out so you only get the legit stuff. The problem is the trucks keep coming and dumping the junk at your door, so even though you have someone "filtering" there's so much garbage coming in, the legit stuff gets drowned out regardless.

A video to help your point

#37 Ispano

Ispano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

A video to help your point

Ahahaha, "Firehose of Data" I like this video.

#38 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Any idea if WoE will be cancelled if this continues?

I'm unable to connect in game. Can't get buy shops up. Can't pot.

From my home IP, I can't even access these forums. Had to post this from my phone. I'm assuming I'm region blocked.

Yeah DDoS attacker(s) probably live in your region lol #rekt 

#39 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

One of the best things people could do to help prevent a DDoS is to get people to care about their personal computer security. The reason people can do this is because they have access to huge Botnets, massive amounts of computers infected to allow them to control them, even while the owner is using it without knowing. It won't stop it completely of course, but it would severely limit who could do it. Another idea people have had in the past is have your ISP prevent you from using the internet if your computer is suspected of being part of a Botnet. I thought I remember one ISP doing something like this, but it was a long while ago. I think too many people simply want it to "just work" so neither of these is likely to happen if that doesn't change.

Thx for explaining it, so this could literally go on forever and WP cant do much about it. Looks like RIP IRO

#40 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

how hard was it to stop opening that iRO client and abstain from logging in, doing instances, or just simply press Insert to let your char sit lol.

anyway, to all the peeps who only browse ragnarok thread. it's nice to read other thread sometimes on what's happening.

farewell Warnhal, you will be missed.

https://forums.warpp...19216-farewell/

#41 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Due to risk related to people trying to upgrade items with Enriched Hammer and dcing midway after the item gets below +7, please disable Enriched Hammer now and do a one-week hammer event after the server gets stable again. It will be better for everyone.

#42 Helennn

Helennn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

Maybe it would be better to close the serv for a few hours than play with all the dc and lag until they find a more permanent solution?

#43 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

Close "Odin" you mean? lol

Do you even read? You are like a teenage brat who HAVE to comment to act smart!
I have been seeing you response in every threads,you never suggest solution,just always been "it's like this in RO forever,they won't change" attitude and intentionally derail every thread!

Edited by icchigosan, 28 July 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#44 Ucatolica

Ucatolica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile
  • Server:Yggdrassil

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

The last time i remember a DDoS attack kind of important was several years ago.

Also, just add vip days for the days lost as an extension of our vip time, i dont think anything else should be done lol..

I remember 2015-2016 we got a DDos attack for entire weekend, 3 days at least. 

#45 Cando4

Cando4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the update Campitor!!! .... as per compensation bring back the quest for sloted sunglasses :p_laugh: ... or to boxes!!! Cheer and good luck with the DDOS attacks...!!! 

I second this so that those slotted sunglasses vendors lose their fake business... 200M to 700M just to get a carded or a clean sunglasses...  :heh:  . I wanna see how low they would bring the price down just so that someone could take it away from their shelf  :heh: . ( I'm so hateful  :heh:  )

#46 Njord

Njord

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the update, Camp. :thumb2: Hope no more DC's during WoE.

#47 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

Maybe this ddos atacker is linked to that Russian hack that hack the DNC email. FBI will be sure pleased with this information.

#48 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

Maybe this ddos atacker is linked to that Russian hack that hack the DNC email. FBI will be sure pleased with this information.

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#49 icecream2

icecream2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

Slotted sunglasse quest reactivate as compensation. Iro population suffers huge decline from this ddos, just when odin started to gain traction with streamers and new players. I  cant imagine the financial loss that will be cause by this attack.

Anyway back on topic, slotted sunnies quest reactivate as compensation. Good luck to wp team.

#50 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:22 AM

Good Morning DdoS attacker  :p_sad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users