PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP) - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PSA: There is currently no endgame content in RE:Start. (MVP)

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

So just for all of you who haven't seen or heard about this, Campitor just released a file which shows the current droptables of monsters, minibosses and MVPs.

Link here https://forums.warpp...art-drop-table/

If you look closely, you will notice that the last column represents the card slot and its drop chance.

Now thats all fine and dandy.

Problem is, the table shows there are no MVP cards (besides ESL and Bapho for some reason) and only some miniboss cards currently implemented.

Example Amon Ra:

AMON_RA Spinx_Helm Special Safety_Ring Special Rojerta_Piece Very Common Elunium Common Old_Card_Album Rare Tablet Card Rate Yggdrasilberry Common Yggdrasilberry Card Rate

Notice something?

Instead of his Card, he drops an Yggberry.

This goes on for  nearly every other MVP.  Some drop Elunium, some drop Steel, but no one besides Evil Snake Lord and Baphomet got their card in their droptable.

So the question is, if you reached max lvl and are satisfied with your gear (and costumes :D), what is left to do?
The only thing atm is maybe to create another char to 99 or wait for the 2-2 classes.

I really dont understand what the thought process of the staff regarding this issue is.
Do you want a ghost server full of bots?
Because this is how you get a ghost server full of bots.

#2 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:45 AM

I'm also wondering about the logic behind this.

I get that apparently MVP cards will be sold in the cash shop for the servers we're following, but unless that is also going to happen here (and god help us if it does, might as well all quit now), what sense does this make?

#3 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:52 AM

i feel sorry to those dedicated their time, energy and money hunting other mvps ;/

#4 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

There are many things that I don't understand regarding the reasoning behind their choices. I'm bothered about this greatly because I'm a player that is more interested in the PvM bit of the game. I've been spending all this time gearing up towards killing the MVPs and farming them for the slim chance of getting something amazing... but now I'm left high and dry. This was not documented anywhere, and it's only until now that we discover that this is a thing. 

I've spent countless hours working towards this goal, farming, keeping timers, re-learning, re-speccing my character... just to find out that well... it doesn't matter how many times you kill this specific monster. You won't get anything great from it.

I've got mixed feelings. I love the game; I played it when I was a kid. I expected the old game... Now I'm just depressed.

#5 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:58 AM

Same here.

#6 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:20 AM

im mostly play for woe, but even i have to agree with this. the fact that mvps spawn only once every 1 or 2hr the chance of dropping a card are low. AND i really dont get why only bapho and evil snake lord drop their card. like it makes no sense and i dnt see any logic of why its even a thing.

if u disable the drop of GTB and fallen bishop then it makes sense. but why the rest?

#7 abar

abar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

just look at the basic card drop rate its already low using bubble gum might get the rate to normal probably. thats why bubblegum is implemented so people would use them and buy more vines. Normal players tend to play only at certain hours and bots does seem to go on about 24 hrs so basically bots get more card drops than most people that manually do card hunts thats why when card hunting for hours and hours u get bored and then just fail then feels stupid, why did i even waste so much time?

Edited by abar, 24 August 2017 - 03:59 AM.

#8 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

If you look in one of the other threads Camp said: 

The goal given to us is to match the Thai content in a manner that makes sense for our population. For example, the MVP cards.

Thai has removed them from the game and were assuming for balance reasons. But should they decide to implement the cards through any means then we will as well, but with our own implementation plan which is the drops from the appropriate monsters.

Each community is it's own thing but the generally base game should be the same. 

Edited by RoaringRabbit, 24 August 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#9 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

Yes, i saw that. Guess what will happen if they wait for thairo to implememt mvp cards? This server wont exist anymore.

Looks like we have to wait for enough people to realize they wont have anything to do ingame after max lvl and start to complain on the forum. Otherwise ppl wilm just leave for good.

#10 DemiGod

DemiGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

If you look in one of the other threads Camp said: 

He says 'in a manner that makes sense'. I don't want to be an ass but this decision doesn't have any basis in reality.

#11 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:34 AM

i feel sorry to those dedicated their time, energy and money hunting other mvps ;/

Why? The current mvp's are pretty damn weak, the bots can more than likely be programmed to kill them and track them faster than players. So until a proper anti - cheat system is in place i rather there not be any rewarding drops from MVP's.

#12 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

By disabling mvp card drops the only consequence is that mvp'ers lose the drive to mvp..... who cares about drops, ppl do mvp hoping for those 0.01% items that, apparently, don't even drop anymore so, why even try.

#13 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

Mvps are already pretty expensive to do. (outside of the easy ones)

So yeah it's a bit of a kick in the teeth.

#14 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Why? The current mvp's are pretty damn weak, the bots can more than likely be programmed to kill them and track them faster than players. So until a proper anti - cheat system is in place i rather there not be any rewarding drops from MVP's.

It's clear you have not MVPed with the available gear... lol. No one is going to bot those anytime soon, and even if they did. A good player will beat them to it. Example: Baphomet, Doppelganger, etc.

#15 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

He says 'in a manner that makes sense'. I don't want to be an ass but this decision doesn't have any basis in reality.

Agreed. What gets me about this is that they apparently haven't even bothered to ask WHY exactly this change was made, going by Camp "assuming" it's for balance reasons - which is BS in the first place.

Let's be real, considering it's already been said that pRO and thRO will be selling them via cash shop down the line, it's pretty damn obvious why they've been removed.

Now, taking into account that Camp has also said that won't happen here, there's absolutely no reason for them not to drop.

#16 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

So just for all of you who haven't seen or heard about this, Campitor just released a file which shows the current droptables of monsters, minibosses and MVPs.

Link here https://forums.warpp...art-drop-table/

If you look closely, you will notice that the last column represents the card slot and its drop chance.

Now thats all fine and dandy.

Problem is, the table shows there are no MVP cards (besides ESL and Bapho for some reason) and only some miniboss cards currently implemented.

Example Amon Ra:

AMON_RA Spinx_Helm Special Safety_Ring Special Rojerta_Piece Very Common Elunium Common Old_Card_Album Rare Tablet Card Rate Yggdrasilberry Common Yggdrasilberry Card Rate

Notice something?

Instead of his Card, he drops an Yggberry.

This goes on for  nearly every other MVP.  Some drop Elunium, some drop Steel, but no one besides Evil Snake Lord and Baphomet got their card in their droptable.

So the question is, if you reached max lvl and are satisfied with your gear (and costumes :D), what is left to do?
The only thing atm is maybe to create another char to 99 or wait for the 2-2 classes.

I really dont understand what the thought process of the staff regarding this issue is.
Do you want a ghost server full of bots?
Because this is how you get a ghost server full of bots.

Socialize. Make bonds with friends, sit and chat!

#17 RoaringRabbit

RoaringRabbit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

'_' Not to be an ass, but it clearly says that they will be implemented as MVP drops for our version and not in the cash shop. If the other versions do not have MVP cards or at least have limited ones, then there's really no reason for us to have them either. That isn't saying that I'm happy about it or that I agree with it as an over all decision. 

What we can do, is suggest that it be changed rather than whine about it.

#18 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

They go with what kRO gives them or tells them to do. Most of you would more than likely never find an MvP card either way.
People will still hunt MvPs because they find it fun. But they should at least have an NPC to exchange pointless drops if cards aren't going to drop.

#19 Marador

Marador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

So if the other version doesn't have mvp cards because they plan to cash shop them in the future, we shouldn't either; even though we will not have them available in the cash shop ever?

I'm sorry I'm just having trouble following your logic. So if they implement cash shop mvp cards on another server THEN and only then will they re-enable the .01% drop chance for mvp cards.

It makes perfect sense to you that once they have a guarantee of getting mvp cards (cash shop) then they will allow us the VERY slim chance of acquiring them months (years) in the future? Sure there will be the normal "lucky few" that gets them in a reasonable amount of time. But for the most part winning an mvp card is like hitting the mega millions. I have killed tons of mvp's with my gene on chaos. Never seen a card.

Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me. The main reason they disabled the cards is to push them through the cash shop to make money, don't try and bs us with this "balancing" nonsense. Most of the mvp cards are awesome but very few of them are ridiculously overpowered.

There are but 2 legitimate reasons for doing so. One is cash shop the other is to lengthen the span of the people chasing after them. They are a very nice carrot on a stick. But what we didn't know these past two months is that there wasn't even a carrot.

And we got the stick up the backside.

#20 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:57 AM

will u guys be adding "golden gear" like they did in phRO and tRO? since u guys are "following" their server. you know. the stupid powerful as gear?

p9ZFpkO.png

#21 DemiGod

DemiGod

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

'_' Not to be an ass, but it clearly says that they will be implemented as MVP drops for our version and not in the cash shop. If the other versions do not have MVP cards or at least have limited ones, then there's really no reason for us to have them either. That isn't saying that I'm happy about it or that I agree with it as an over all decision. 

What we can do, is suggest that it be changed rather than whine about it.

Those regions are notorious for being incredibly P2W, just look at their cash shops. It makes perfect sense for them to exclude cards if they plan to charge real money for them sometime down the line when players are much more invested in the server. Comparing our server to theirs is also pointless, Ragnarok is incredibly alive in both regions and they have 10x our population easily, probably much more than that. I brought up a valid point when it became clear we are parroting their server when our server is completely different.

If the real world has shown me anything, more often than not the people that whine and complain the most get what they want much more frequently than people being rational, especially when it comes to businesses trying to make money.

#22 Varcieh

Varcieh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

Thx Marador, a voice of reason in a sea of stupidity.

#23 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

This would be the perfect time to test your MvP shadow set plan, Campitor.

Place the pieces on the MvPs drop table at a reasonable rate. This way people can't stay insanely powerful cards but would still be able to choose one they want. You still have to put effort into farming the MvP for a full set.
Campitor discussed doing this on Renewal and a lot of people were for the idea. They would be account bound so there's no real drama or anything of that nature.

#24 Esux

Esux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Golden gear isn't even that powerful lol.

#25 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

This would be the perfect time to test your MvP shadow set plan, Campitor.

Place the pieces on the MvPs drop table at a reasonable rate. This way people can't stay insanely powerful cards but would still be able to choose one they want. You still have to put effort into farming the MvP for a full set.
Campitor discussed doing this on Renewal and a lot of people were for the idea. They would be account bound so there's no real drama or anything of that nature.

That is a good idea. Think 0.8% drop chance for a box eith a random part of the set sounds fair?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users