Good Morning Ragnarok Online Project - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Good Morning Ragnarok Online Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:29 AM

Good Morning Rune Midgardians,

This is the news for all of RO1 this week.

Chaos and Thor

This week we will be updating Chaos and Thor servers to include the nightmare biolabs update, Tomb of Honor. As part of this update, a new floor to the Biolabs dungeon will be opening up and various monsters, costumes, gear, and cards will be obtainable. More details on that here: http://www.playragna...aspx?id=301&p=1

As part of this update we will be implement the following changes.
  • The Crafting Components from the Tomb of Honor will be tradeable.
  • There will be no item requirement to enter the safe version of the map, but it will still require zeny.
  • Blessed Hammer (currently in testing on Sakray) will be opening shop and accepting Blacksmith Blessing items for gear +7 to +9.
  • Kenny's Grenade Packages will start containing their proper grenades and he will be able to exchange them.
  • Several changes have been made to various 3rd class skill formula. This will mean that items like the Cylinder Hairband will be adjusted in the bonuses that they give to maintain nearly the same power level.
Although the studio said that we will be getting the Malangdo script update soon we have not yet received it, it may not be tested in time to be updated this week if it is not delivered tonight.

The next major update we are due to receive is the Rebel Awakening Update.

Our internal projects are as follows.
  • Creating item quests for Shadow Items including the unfrozen set.
  • Focusing on bug fixes and missing small changes.
RE:START

This week, the Monk and Sage Job Changes will be implemented in Odin server. If you are not familiar with these classes or want to see a very quick look, please watch the following videos:

Sage

Monk

As part of this update the following changes will be made:
  • Silvervine NPC's will be better organized - There will be a new NPC called "Silvervine Services" that will have the Miracle Buff, various headgears, and a stat reset option.
  • Monk/Sage Headgears will be available through the Silvervine Services NPC.
  • Adding a Limited Stat Reset option:
    • You will be able to reset 5 of your stat points. The first stat reset you make, per character, is free. Any further stat reset on a specific character will cost 100 Silvervine.
    • There will be a weekly cooldown on the Silvervine option. You will be able to perform 1 stat reset per week with the 100 Silvervine option.
    • Once the cooldown ends the following week, you will be allowed to perform another 5 point stat reset for 100 Silvervine.
    • There is no level cap with the free stat reset or 100 Silvervine option.
  • Fixing Mad Bunny Shield sprite. It will show up again now.
  • Costume box 7 will go on sale in the cash shop.
  • The compensation of 25% EXP, 25% drops, and -50% death will end due to things being stabilized.
  • WoE 1 Map Change
    • Backslide is enabled in WoE.
    • We were introducing Backslide to WoE due to Snap coming to the Monk class, but due to looking over other versions of Revo-Classic map settings for WoE, we're going to continue to block it on the map while we consult the studio about giving it a WoE only cool down.
  • Various fixing to the drops of monsters to remove items that should not exist yet.
  • Drastically reducing spawn timers on guild dungeon monsters.
For an overall picture of the rest of the year's update schedule for RESTART:
  • September: Monk/Sage
  • October: Einbroch + Einbech + Dungeons
  • November: Crusader/Dancer/Bard
  • December: Lighthalzen/Kiel Hyre
  • January: Rogue/Alchemist/Homunculus
We're going with a plan to alternate Game Content with New Classes so that something for everyone is coming at a constant pace.

#2 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:37 AM

Unfrozen shadow set....WHEN?

#3 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

How about instead of beating around the bush and implementing a bandaid fix, could we actually... iunno, get the proper refinement update?

Like, okay creating a new npc to take the blacksmith blessings as a "quick" fix to more players calling out the scam last year (There is honestly no other way I can describe blacksmith blessings. They were released on iRO before kRO even announced the existence of the item and the new refinement UI.), but it's still a bit of a kick in the nuts. Push kRO to actually send over updates, they had an entire year after deceiving players to do it.

Edited by Toxn, 18 September 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

How about instead of beating around the bush and implementing a bandaid fix, could we actually... iunno, get the proper refinement update?

Like, okay creating a new npc to take the blacksmith blessings as a "quick" fix to more players calling out the scam last year (There is honestly no other way I can describe blacksmith blessings. They were released on iRO before kRO even announced the existence of the item and the new refinement UI.), but it's still a bit of a kick in the nuts. Push kRO to actually send over updates, they had an entire year after deceiving players to do it.

UI updates for NPC exchanges(configurable with setting item currencies and cost), enchantment, and refinement systems are on my short list for the game. 

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

• Several changes have been made to various 3rd class skill formula. This will mean that items like the Cylinder Hairband will be adjusted in the bonuses that they give to maintain nearly the same power level.

Umm this... Since you used the word 'various', can you elaborate what skills will be affected by this update? I know from kRO some skills have different formula, cast time and cooldown, so I am curious at this.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

Umm this... Since you used the word 'various', can you elaborate what skills will be affected by this update? I know from kRO some skills have different formula, cast time and cooldown, so I am curious at this.

Unfortunately.. for sure Cart Cannon changed but unfortunately the studio does not deliver extensive patch notes on these subjects.

#7 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

What does the Malangdo Script Update include?

1. weapon options for malangdo weapon enchant

2. gear options for desocket, and / or mvp card option

3.  costumes eligible for malangdo costume enchant or enchant stone box trade-in

It supposed to include all that, and the system update for the costume stones that give special aura visual effects. We will have to see what they deliver though.

#8 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

Update on desocketting? It's been 6 month since you said you have been contacting the studio about this. Don't you think this is running really really long?

#9 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Update on desocketting? It's been 6 month since you said you have been contacting the studio about this. Don't you think this is running really really long?

I bug them about it every night when they get in around 6pm and then before I goto sleep around midnight. They have said "Soon".

#10 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I bug them about it every night when they get in around 6pm and then before I goto sleep around midnight. They have said "Soon".

I understand you are trying your best but 6 month for a simple desocket NPC to do it's job just seems unacceptable and if this is the service that kRO is offering to iRO right now I don't see much need to continue.

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

I understand you are trying your best but 6 month for a simple desocket NPC to do it's job just seems unacceptable and if this is the service that kRO is offering to iRO right now I don't see much need to continue.

I agree, it's great that kRO are sending us stuff. However, seeing as everything that needs to be fixed apparently needs to be handled by kRO, this means the game won't be up to scratch within even 7 years. And that assumes we go down kROs route of not giving a **** about the things that made RO great in the first place.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:46 PM

You forgot a server..... 

#13 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

You forgot a server..... 

? Everything is there. Renewal and RE:Start, what did they forget?

#14 Encha

Encha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Wow wow, all that sounds really cool, great news!

#15 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

You forgot a server..... 

All of RO1 kek

#16 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

"Several changes have been made to various 3rd class skill formula". This is pretty huge. Any idea where we can get a list of skills and it's formulas?

#17 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

classic #1 ro server

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

You can try, they can try, but im sure all thats going to happen is more "test" missile launches....

#19 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

It's nice that when I'm playing World of Warcraft, I actually have developers creating their own content and updating things more consistently.

As much as I love RO, the game isn't managed well by Warp Portal. The model that you guys are using to run the game isn't working well. But good luck to warp portal. What they have isn't easy to deal with and it's going to require a lot more support than what they have now.

Edited by Demeris, 18 September 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#20 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

QQ Cylinder Headband.

#21 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

RE:START

• Adding a Limited Stat Reset option:
    • You will be able to reset 5 of your stat points. The first stat reset you make, per character, is free. Any further stat reset on a specific character will cost 100 Silvervine.

100 Silvervine to reset 5 stats seems like a rip off. The keep releasing gears that force us to reset our stats in order to be competitive, but 100 silvervines is a bit much. They are milking you guys.

#22 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:22 PM

QQ Cylinder Headband.

It will either be exactly the same or more powerful, what the hell do you have to complain about?

#23 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

take your time camp get a well rest in peace... i mean dont push yourself too much ...

ignore the comments they just want free vip and +150% mod......oh and white drooping eddga hat.

the rebel awakening is the priority now please implement this maintenance thank you RUSH hehehe... nahh just kidding

P.S.
nerf all OP skills and mvp cards to 50~75% of their original effect...XD

#24 TenkU4dKeeL

TenkU4dKeeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

100 Silvervine to reset 5 stats seems like a rip off. The keep releasing gears that force us to reset our stats in order to be competitive, but 100 silvervines is a bit much. They are milking you guys.

100 silvervine costs 100KP on Re:Start

#25 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

So, when the new Desocket NPC comes in, what will be done about other gear slots that the NPC does not support?

It's likely that the NPC they give us will be identical to the one kRO has, and I have seen from more informed individuals (Sigma, etc.) say that it will not include Middle Headgear desocket options (and maybe accessories).

I messaged you several months back via Cinnamod and a few other people and you informed that iRO / Warpportal would look into adding additional desocket options if the NPC does not include desocketing options for every gear slot in the game. Does this still hold true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users