Meta Discussion: Issues you find with your class and improvements - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Meta Discussion: Issues you find with your class and improvements

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#26 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

I know your suggestions are towards for adoramus AB's but:

In terms of the healers circle, I feel it is very silly that this one pivotal support class is mostly still relying back onto its first class skill tree comparative to other classes that advanced mostly to use it less from it or to not even use them period. I am it is understandable that I still need to use skills like Heal and Blessing and other such things for single targets and I see nothing wrong with Ressurection, I am more aiming at how our healing capabilities are mostly based off how much we heal using 'Heal' instead of getting a better off formula or better yet, a completely newer formula. I mean Renovatio is sort of nice, but mostly its garbage compared to what it could have been (RO2 is a finer example, OP but acceptable). with essentially the majority of items being a spammable option, Healers are more of a sub-category to gamers than actually being part of extremely strategic parties, there should be at least a bigger major role for healing in todays contemporary gameplay. 

But of course i still welcome the future of solo gameplay thats incoming, progression is just that way, but im just speaking this in terms of extra variety.

#27 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hotkey-able spellbooks for warlocks

Instead of

Cast reading spell book > window pops up > manually select a book

Why not

Put comet book in f1 > press f1 > cast reading spell book and autoselect comet book

Edited by NamzaKaren, 11 October 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#28 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:38 PM

I'd like to see more synergy between AB skills and an increase in the overall utility that they can bring that has been replaced recently by a lot of consumable items.

Overall healing output for AB's are pretty lack luster compared to pot spam.  I'd like to see this addressed by

• Maybe make renovatio proc when a heal is casted on the target.
  • Maybe lower renovatio's proc rate from once per 5 seconds to once per 3 seconds
  • more heal bonus would be nice
  • less cast delay on heal/high heal
  • I'd like to see a % heal component added to high heal.
  • epic tree could also buff the target's % healing received

Buffs are not unique anymore compared to card effects/consumables and a lot of buffs/debuffs are pretty meh:

• Having canto/clementia give a % buff instead of a flat amount would also make AB's more viable than a pack of party bless scrolls + pots.  
  • ancilla's sp recovery is a bit redundant, i wouldn't mind seeing it changed to give a short term buff
  • expatio could use some love, its hardly worth the effort casting.  Maybe bump the % armor pierce up to 30% and give a bonus to atk and based on their matk.
  • oratorio is pretty garbage.  Maybe if it gave a 20% multiplier on holy damage received then it might make it interesting.
  • duple light is pretty cool, but i'd like to see it proc more often.  Maybe bring it up to 50% so it'd be in line with things like double attack.

#29 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

This topic or my post on this topic reminded me of the Stalker era.

Pre-renewal era, Stalkers were once a vital group for players leveling in Bio 2 (or 3?).They were referred to as "Snatchers", their job was to grab and teleport unwanted monsters attacking the party.

I just hope something similar can be done with SCs.

Edited by Usurper, 11 October 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#30 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:11 AM

Reducing the aftercast delay on Dark Illusion, Increase the block chance from Weapon Blocking(bring it to be similar to Parry) and make it behave like the mentioned. (WB hard stucks your character, while Parry grts smoothened with higher aspd)

Additionally, remake the GX skill tree. The idea of increasing DIs level just to increase the range and and CIs chance to occur is absurd. DI is good but it is not spamable, not usable on WoE and even in the PvM scenario it is mostly limited as to what use it has.

Most RO skills are like Naruto, 80% are fillers.

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

Additionally, remake the GX skill tree. The idea of increasing DIs level just to increase the range and and CIs chance to occur is absurd. DI is good but it is not spamable, not usable on WoE and even in the PvM scenario it is mostly limited as to what use it has.

Most RO skills are like Naruto, 80% are fillers.

It would be neat to be instant, it's a nice skill to use in places like Horror Toy Factory :U Also getting rid of CI proc would be just god like, but then yeah I suppose it was designed with a certain idea in mind :X

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 October 2017 - 01:14 AM.

#32 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:26 AM

It would be neat to be instant, it's a nice skill to use in places like Horror Toy Factory :U Also getting rid of CI proc would be just god like, but then yeah I suppose it was designed with a certain idea in mind :X

DI is not really unique. Flying kick already exist before GX were even made. :heh:

An example skill of thesame kind of skill from RK is Phantom Thrust. It's neat....
Spoiler

Ranger has Warg Dash.

AB has Ancilla. It's a stupid skill but I use it.

Mecha has FAW.

WL has Freezing Spell. What's the point of this skill? How about putting it's effect on reading spell book instead?

#33 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:40 AM

all i want is zeny convert to gold coin or token system  and

1 click to strip all of my gears...   it is painful to dress a char with only gear he share with all his chars

the rest, i doubt RO have much time to improve details

#34 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:27 AM

For Maestro and Wanderer, it would be great if Severe Rainstorm could be used with a whip or instrument instead of bows.  It would be more in-line with the overall theme of the class, and it would also allow Performers to mitigate damage with shields while they wait for the SR damage to stack up.  Speaking of, Performers need some help in the gear department overall.  We have some great weapons and accessories, but we don't really have anything for other slots that would make our buffs, debuffs, or damage better...at least, not "better" enough to make them something people would go out of their way to recruit for team play, PvM or otherwise.

For Archbishop, more weapons for battle ABs would be nice.  There's nothing specifically useful as far as maces go other than the Mace of Judgement and a few HP maces.  As has been mentioned by other posters, we really need more gear in general for Adoramus ABs, as well.

#35 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:02 PM

Personally, I think Mechanics are in a really good place right now. Can solo efficiently, can be of somewhat a utility with a party (Analyze/Neutral Barrier) without being too OP.

If a Mado Mech dies, an option would be to switch gears to Axe Tornado (although a bit costly). My only gripe is that Mado Mechs usually only have 1 life right now, with the Madogear disappearing upon death. However, with a recent[?] update with kRO with Emergency Mado Kits, this is resolved. (I hope it gets implemented here soon tho)

Edited by kappakeepokupo, 12 October 2017 - 12:03 PM.

#36 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

I would love MVPs to not teleport when sniping from cliffs or while stuck in traps, particularly that last bit. It literally makes binding traps useless outside of instances.

But Mike, Ankle Snare disables the use of Teleport. Electric Shocker and Warg Bite don't though.

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

But Mike, Ankle Snare disables the use of Teleport. Electric Shocker and Warg Bite don't though.

Really? I thought that MUST have been removed since EST etc did.

https://youtu.be/GgIHZD9QbQU?t=19

#38 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

Really? I thought that MUST have been removed since EST etc did.

https://youtu.be/GgIHZD9QbQU?t=19

Yup.

It is possible for monsters to Teleport from Ankle Snare though. My understanding is that it applies 2 status effects, snare and immobility. Sometimes the duration of these 2 effects aren't in sync and if snare ends before immobility does then the monster teleports, assuming it was being rude attacked. This can be observed with Stun as well.

#39 xCptJikk

xCptJikk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

I agree to the TS and technowich. Would be great to see a buff for adoramus type ABs out there (new items and skills). Judgement set and True margaretha card already provide a powerful punch to the skill but the set will make you squishy as -_-. Btw any pvp type ado ABs out there? Also, one of my biggest gripes is those who wear holy/angelring carded armors. Need insights about it. Ty

#40 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hotkey-able spellbooks for warlocks

Instead of

Cast reading spell book > window pops up > manually select a book

Why not

Put comet book in f1 > press f1 > cast reading spell book and autoselect comet book

Even better, if you have only one book, RSB automatically reserves that spell when it finishes casting.

#41 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Doram

(suprise! i wanna nerf the doram slightly to balance it out xD)

1.please make the WOE equipments, Bellum/vellum working on Doram Class... switching gears against these class is very very difficult and limited and expensive equipments that will reduce the damage of picky is not affordable for the economic type players (guys without access to high end gears)

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Doram

(suprise! i wanna nerf the doram slightly to balance it out xD)

1.please make the WOE equipments, Bellum/vellum working on Doram Class... switching gears against these class is very very difficult and limited and expensive equipments that will reduce the damage of picky is not affordable for the economic type players (guys without access to high end gears)

Cost 500m to achieve 75% ranged reduction, which really cripples Dorams.

#43 Battlehunter

Battlehunter

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:03 PM

For Archbishop, more weapons for battle ABs would be nice.  There's nothing specifically useful as far as maces go other than the Mace of Judgement and a few HP maces.  As has been mentioned by other posters, we really need more gear in general for Adoramus ABs, as well.

I can agree! I have been a Battle Priest for many years and took a hiatus. Once I returned...I was pleased to see a lot has changed in our favors with the recent gears that buff healing and recovery, Rolf head gear so we can get free AR, More autocast gears to give us more AOE and such.

But I am still using the same Veteran Hammers I had access to years ago. While I feel Duple Light and Vet Hammers were a huge step in the right direction, I feel we haven't expanded too much since then.

While Lunar Rainbow is good to give us AOE skills, we are still missing something that is built into AB's life...Holy based AOE. While we do have Judex as a Magically offensive AB, Battle ABs have had this as an issue since forever.

To me, all ctrl click classes like Assassin or Combo monk have ways to clear tag on enemies or they just straight up mob huge groups now once they are 3rd class.

I really do love auto attacking and felt this was always a part of Battle Priest life and i feel duple light is a sign of that. We didn't get an attack skill like most others who went from single target killing to AOE killers. So I would actually like if they would somehow give us a way to buff duple light to explode on enemy groups. Like "Duple Explosion" or something. It could even use extra Holy Water since all we use it for currently is aspersio if I am not mistaken.

While I understand we are a niche class that is always a "for fun" class, I think giving us Duple light that has a magical and physical side shows that they recognize us as a way to play and I really appreciate that.

Since RO doesn't re-kit classes much(Not that I remember anyway. Changing modifiers and such they do but usually not new skills. But it has happened), I think it would be nice to have some gear maybe change effect of skills? I dunno how hard this would be to do but it could put some life into skills everyone considers useless or too situational.

#44 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

hmm.....

or just set of new equipments (wait kRO is doing it right?) 

so...yea...new set of equipments (but still,...i guess the result will be the same)

#45 kiddo313

kiddo313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

Personally, I think Mechanics are in a really good place right now. Can solo efficiently, can be of somewhat a utility with a party (Analyze/Neutral Barrier) without being too OP.

If a Mado Mech dies, an option would be to switch gears to Axe Tornado (although a bit costly). My only gripe is that Mado Mechs usually only have 1 life right now, with the Madogear disappearing upon death. However, with a recent[?] update with kRO with Emergency Mado Kits, this is resolved. (I hope it gets implemented here soon tho)

As kappakeepokupo said, the biggest issue with Mado Mechanics is losing the Madogear on death. I really hope we can get this patch soon on IRO...  

https://forums.warpp...ar-improvement/

#46 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:03 AM

Not it doesnt cause Doram can easily spam and double hit + they have more HP than most classes.

IwuTD5j.jpg

Yeah balance,+9 Weapon with 2 AK card against my rebel using 70% ranged reduction + Gunslinger Panic for extra 20% ranged reduction (Sure i dont have orc warrior card but my enemy doesnt have human damage cards).

Edited by Hissis, 17 October 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#47 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

19k hp, l0l where's your rebel awakening lagarto?

#48 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

19k hp, l0l where's your rebel awakening lagarto?

Ask gravity :(

#49 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:34 AM

He's sound asleep, as seen in the picture. :heh:

#50 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Wrong reply. Well, rebel will be the next Rangers after awakening.

Edited by ChaoticRK, 17 October 2017 - 12:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users