Disable WoE pots OR hike their KP price - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable WoE pots OR hike their KP price

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#51 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:00 PM

Ranked pots will only benefit the guilds that are already huge in any significant way. It's startling how little foresight the people in this thread have.

I mean if you guys are against removing them from pve, that's fine. I still think it's stupid as crap and your reasoning is all hilariously inaccurate, but I really don't care about that.

But anyone who thinks WoE pots need to stay available in WoE has been hitting the poring pipe too hard. It has an extremely negative impact on the meta that focuses the entire game on one class essentially, and it gives massive advantages to already-established guilds (including mine, for those wondering, no I am not in a tiny struggling guild, we're in an alde castle). WoE pots are toxic for WoE.

It's an MMORPG. Ask the ranked alchemists to make them for you or buy them from the ranked alchemists. It's ok to communicate with people you know.

#52 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

How did they catch up in all the years before WoE pots existed?

You lived on the game.   Old RO was very unforgiving for a number of ways.  You had white pots you could buy but I used other stuff back in the day.   Ranked Slims came out at some point.   You have no clue how happy I was when I realized its easier to level now.     I first came back on a blacksmith and didn't even look in the KP shop.    I wasn't even VIP and grinding my mind out and using Meat for HP recovery.     I decided to look at the KP shop one day and it blew my mind.    Xellie told to me VIP so I did.     I've had more fun playing this RO than the old RO.    I doubt I'd be 99 on the old RO with the time I've put in.    

Taking out WoE pots would hinder that.   It wouldn't be near as easy to level.    It would take longer to get to a point where you could be competitive in WoE.     The thing I'm interested in the most is the end-game content.   Doing WoE, GD battles when they do happen, and what little MVPing I do.    Without those pots I wouldn't enjoy the game like I have.    

#53 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

So just disable them from WoE. Don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy seeing the meta and game-play shift it would cause overnight. People would actually have to think. 

What? Disabling them in WoE would have no impact whatsoever. Potions are not the reason for the current WoE metagame. WoE is and has always been about spamming potions like no tomorrow, there is just the next best option available if WoE pots isn't the one you use. There is no thinking involved here. The top guilds will find a way to be supplied to spam them, WoE potions or not.

Potion spam has always existed on RO unless you are in a guild too poor to afford them. Not to be harsh but frankly, such guilds do not matter in the context of defining a metagame.

Edited by Hrishi, 25 October 2017 - 09:33 PM.

#54 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Yep, if anything it would hurt the small guilds. Big guilds have always found a way to supply themselves with potions.

#55 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

pretty pointless too since any rich guilds going to start using ranked slims and blues soon anyway. Basically -_-s over small guilds like said previously. 

#56 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:04 AM

pretty pointless too since any rich guilds going to start using ranked slims and blues soon anyway. Basically -_-s over small guilds like said previously. 

Yealp.   WoE pots help equalize a bit.   

#57 nelfhunter

nelfhunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:31 AM

#58 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

woe pot boxes rapdily accelerated the early game leveling, but now they don't really make a difference and mostly help new/poor players 

Edited by senpa1, 26 October 2017 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users