Silvervines at 3m! Do something WP! - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Silvervines at 3m! Do something WP!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:12 AM

Come and play Renewal guys! Lol

#52 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:16 AM

I hate the level penalty -.-

#53 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:24 AM

A market 10x as -_- 10x as pay2win botted for millions of more hours and everyone and their dog with mvps and gods. We're still a few years off that -_- show.

#54 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

A market 10x as -_- 10x as pay2win botted for millions of more hours and everyone and their dog with mvps and gods. We're still a few years off that -_- show.

10x but its much easier to farm at renewal. Few years later odin will eventualy catch up with renewal patch. Mvps and gods is not that popular now. Some OCP Gears beats them! Come play with us. We'll give you a warm welcome!

Edited by PoySanity, 16 November 2017 - 08:35 AM.

#55 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

I've played renewal in recent years and if you don't spend tons of money renewal is much harder (if not practically impossible without friends to help) to ever have a character to WoE ready that can kill anything or has optimal gear.

I made my renewal zeny playing classic and transferring it and had friends to help because I didn't want to spend $100s. In fact if you want to play renewal making zeny on restart buy wpe then sell wpe on renewal is best way by far.

Edited by Bazzz, 16 November 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#56 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

Easy to get supplies though. ;p

#57 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

The inflation was expected. Zeny farm bots are selling zeny for like $2-3 for 10m? (What I see in spam messages). 

If the rates are that low then you would have to expect the KP:Zeny ratio to go up, otherwise people will just buy zeny and use zeny to buy the KP items.  Yes, there's a little bit of a risk going that route but a lot of people will do it if what they get for their $$ is that much more significant. 

tl;dr only way to reduce inflation is to mass ban bots that are pumping zeny into the server

Edited by senpa1, 16 November 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#58 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

The inflation was expected. Zeny farm bots are selling zeny for like $2-3 for 10m? (What I see in spam messages). 

If the rates are that low then you would have to expect the KP:Zeny ratio to go up, otherwise people will just buy zeny and use zeny to buy the KP items.  Yes, there's a little bit of a risk going that route but a lot of people will do it if what they get for their $$ is that much more significant. 

tl;dr only way to reduce inflation is to mass ban bots that are pumping zeny into the server

Correct, but that is not an option. There is no effective solution that Warp Portal is willing to use. What are the majority of Silvervine used for? WoE pots. Kill the WoE pot, slow the inflation.

#59 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Don't need to kill WoE pots just offer alternative healing items especially for PvE. I mean they're called 'WoE pots' for a reason? At least you would think as much.

#60 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:31 AM

I've played renewal in recent years and if you don't spend tons of money renewal is much harder (if not practically impossible without friends to help) to ever have a character to WoE ready that can kill anything or has optimal gear.

I made my renewal zeny playing classic and transferring it and had friends to help because I didn't want to spend $100s. In fact if you want to play renewal making zeny on restart buy wpe then sell wpe on renewal is best way by far.

Playing for almost 1yr and not spending a single $$$ in game. Lots of instances for farming and bounty boards. Btw. Goodluck at Odin (Soon to be Renewal)

#61 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:34 AM

What makes you think Warp Portal will repeat the same mistakes with RE:START?

:heh:

#62 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:41 AM

Correct, but that is not an option. There is no effective solution that Warp Portal is willing to use. What are the majority of Silvervine used for? WoE pots. Kill the WoE pot, slow the inflation.

No a sv box represents roughly $1 (more like 85c actually if you consider that you can convert $50 of wpe for 6000 points)

For $3 you get 10m from a spammer so naturally the $1 sv box is really worth 3m+. 

sv is up for 2.3m right now , that actually a good deal for the buyer if you think about it lol.

#63 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

No a sv box represents roughly $1 (more like 85c actually if you consider that you can convert $50 of wpe for 6000 points)

For $3 you get 10m from a spammer so naturally the $1 sv box is really worth 3m+. 

sv is up for 2.3m right now , that actually a good deal for the buyer if you think about it lol.

I don't understand why you quoted me. We need to discuss how to stabilize the market, not how to get the most bang for your buck.

:no1:

#64 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

The op is asking about sv inflating to 3m a box. If they remove WoE pots right, sv is still worth $1 and spammers will still sell their botted zeny for $3 for 10m. The solution is to make so the spammer doesn't have his botted 10m in the first place so he can't sell it.

#65 htpgmail

htpgmail

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

That would be treating the reaction to the problem, not the actual problem. Thus solving nothing..

#66 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

That would be treating the reaction to the problem, not the actual problem. Thus solving nothing..

The bots are causing inflation by injecting billions of zeny into the market. If you ban the bots, you destroy the source of the issue. Solving everything.

#67 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:36 PM

^

#68 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Actually it's because of a high demand for silvervine and a bottlenecked supply, which would imply that your hypothesis is wrong as -_-.

Which implies there is a small pool of people playing the market game catering to a population in decline. Big recession incoming!

#69 Selvex

Selvex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

Actually it's because of a high demand for silvervine and a bottlenecked supply, which would imply that your hypothesis is wrong as -_-.

No shes pretty right you just don't understand geography in the population, the only way that you can be remotely correct in what you are saying about the demand of silvervine is if her "hypothesis" is correct so why make a fool of yourself. It more sounds like you have a vendetta against her instead of quoting anyone else just her.

#70 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

I hate the level penalty -.-

yes, petition to remove lvl penalty pls

#71 LewdFace

LewdFace

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

And most of all, a lack of somewhere to sink trillions of zeny the rmts flooded into the economy.

Outside of the slot npc and whites/mastelas, there aren't really any uses for zeny, so why would it hold value? Add in the fact that maybe ~12 people were selling SV to begin with, it's a recipe for disaster.

#72 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:14 AM

The bots are causing inflation by injecting billions of zeny into the market. If you ban the bots, you destroy the source of the issue. Solving everything.

If players would stop supporting zeny bot farmers//buying zeny from them, a lot of this wouldn't be an issue. Eventually those selling the zeny would see it's a dead market, and would eventually stop. As long as players continue to buy from them, they will keep at it.

#73 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:23 PM

Remove a digit from everyones zeny count

1b becomes 100m
100m becomes 10m

Problem solved

#74 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

Remove a digit from everyones zeny count

1b becomes 100m
100m becomes 10m

Problem solved

If I spread my zeny out so I have only 1z on every character then I won't lose anything though

Edited by senpa1, 17 November 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#75 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

If players would stop supporting zeny bot farmers//buying zeny from them, a lot of this wouldn't be an issue. Eventually those selling the zeny would see it's a dead market, and would eventually stop. As long as players continue to buy from them, they will keep at it.

This is true but at the same I don't blame people wanting more zeny for their $ and not wanting to give gravity korea money. These spammers literally pm them all day so from the point of view of some people they are just like -_- it, clearly gravity korea don't give a -_- about our server so why do I want to give them money and receive less zeny?

If gravity korea did give a -_- they'd put some of their revenue towards the anti-cheat electronic extreme (thaiRO/PhRO) uses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users