Community Created Headgears Final Review - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Community Created Headgears Final Review

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#1 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hi All

This is pertaining to the community created headgear from a long way back.

It has been a long time coming but there may possibly be a chance for them to be looked at before the end of the year, but I use the word chance heavily because delays are always a thing.

I wanted to post the submissions I was going for, I would love some feedback. The hats have been focused to achieve at least one of three goals. Provide alternate or extend a means of leveling. Provide alternate means of end game play. Provide solutions to improve existing builds.

Existing Hats

Shrine Maiden's Hat
Matk + 5%
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFMagnus Exorcismus^000000 by 100%.
Reduces the fixed casting time of ^0000FFMagnus Exorcismus^000000 by 100%.

If upgrade level is +9 or higher,
Increases the damage of ^0000FFMagnus Exorcismus^000000 by 1% per level of ^0000FFMagnus Exorcismus^000000 known for every 6 base Int.

Focus: New Player Leveling.

Night Sparrow Hat/Lyrica Hat
Matk + 5%

Reduces the cast delay of skills by 30%.

Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFMetallic Sound^000000 by 2 seconds.

Reduces the SP cost of ^0000FFMetallic Sound^000000 and ^0000FFReverberation^000000 by 30%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFReverberation^000000 by 30%.

Focus: Alternative Builds.

Magician's Nightcap
Aspd + 5
Increases the damage of ^0000FFCold Bolt^000000, ^0000FFFire Bolt^000000 and ^0000FFLightning Bolt^000000 by 50%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFSpell Fist^000000 by 40%.
Bypass 30% of hard magic defense of normal monster and boss monster targets when performing a magical attack.

Focus: Alternative Build and Generic Boost.

Autumn Headband

Atk + 20

Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFArrow Storm^000000 by 100%.

Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFArrow Storm^000000 by 1 second.

Increases the damage of ^0000FFArrow Storm^000000 by 30%.

Spring Leaf Headband

Atk + 40
Increases the damage of ^0000FFFire Trap^000000 and ^0000FFIce Trap^000000 by 100%.
Adds a 4% chance of restoring 8% of damage as HP when performing a physical attack.
Adds a 2% chance of restoring 4% of damage as SP when performing a physical attack.

Focus: New Player Level and Alternative Build (Original Intent).

There has been some response to this as being a major nerf to end game Arrow Storm/Aimed Bolt builds. Whilst I disagree with it, I acknowledge this and will work out how much of an overall boost it will give during the testing stages.

Black Ribbon
Atk + 30
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFSonic Wave^000000 by 1 second.
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFWind Cutter^000000 by 1.75 seconds.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFSonic Wave^000000 by 50%.

Increases the damage of ^0000FFWind Cutter^000000 by 100%.

Focus: Alternative Builds.

Divine Guard Hat
Atk + 20
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFGrand Cross^000000 by 100%.

Adds a 100% chance of casting ^0000FFLevel 2 Tuna Belly^000000 on the user when using ^0000FFGrand Cross^000000.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFGrand Cross^000000 by 30%.

Focus: New Player Leveling and Alternative Build (Original Intent).

There has been a few proposals ranging from Earth Drive Spam, to no cooldown Moon Slasher, to Cannon Spear buffs. I decided to go with Grand Cross to see how it plays out, but if it doesn't work out to be a useful hat during testing I will put it back for submission.

Focus Beret
Atk + 20
Reduces the cast delay of ^0000FFKnuckle Arrow^000000 and ^0000FFSky Blow^000000 by 100%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFKnuckle Arrow^000000 and ^0000FFSky Blow^000000 by 20%.

Focus: Alternative Build.

The current effect appeared to be useless for Sura, so this was proposed by Zayaan as a means to spam some skills for a different PVMing method.

Harvester Hat
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFSpore Explosion^000000 by 100%.
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFSpore Explosion^000000 by 5 seconds.

Adds a chance of gaining ^008080Explosive Mushroom Spore^000000 when a monster is killed.

Increases the damage of ^0000FFSpore Explosion^000000 by 40%.

It used to be a mix of a hat that boosted Cart Cannon and dropped some items. It has been re-purposed to a Spore Explosion hat due to the variety of headgears already available for Cart Cannon.

Very Normal Hat
Reduces the cast delay of ^0000FFTriangle Shot^000000 by 60%.
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 5%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFTriangle Shot^000000 by 30%.

Focus: Build Extension.

This hat has been focused to provide some fun for Shadow Chasers using Triangle Shot. There have been other proposals suggested for Reproduce, Feint Bomb and Back Stab; if the hat doesn't turn out to be very practical or fun during testing then we can re-focus it again.

Oni Horns

Atk + 20
Adds a 4% chance of casting ^0000FFLevel 1 Counter Slash^000000 on the target when performing or receiving a physical attack, if a higher level of this skill is known, it will be cast instead.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFCounter Slash^000000 by 30%.

The existing hat had a good premise but the wrong auto cast. This fixes that.

Sea Captain Hat

Atk + 20
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFAxe Boomerang^000000 by 1 second.
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFAxe Tornado^000000 by 0.5 seconds.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFAxe Boomerang^000000 by 40%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFAxe Tornado^000000 by 20%.

Focus: New Player Leveling and Alternative Build.

New Hats

Abnormal Black Magician's Hat (Warlock)

Matk + 5%

Increases the damage of ^0000FFChain Lightning^000000, ^0000FFCrimson Rock^000000, ^0000FFEarth Strain^000000 and ^0000FFJack Frost^000000 by 20%.
Bypass 30% of hard magic defense of normal monster and boss monster targets when performing a magical attack.

Focus: Generic Boost.

The existing hat was nice but needing some tweaking. On the count of a few players wanting to keep their old versions due to sheer amount of investment, a new hat has been proposed.

Lunar Bunny Band (Rebel)

Atk + 20

Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFPlatinum Altar^000000 by 100%.

Adds a 100% chance of casting ^0000FFLevel 1 Rich's Coin^000000 on the user when using ^0000FFPlatinum Altar^000000.

Reduces the fixed casting time of skills by 0.5 seconds.
Increases long-ranged damage on targets by 5%.

Since Rebel skills have been buffed recently, this hat acts as a generic extension. It allows more fluid PA upkeep and provides some generic but useful buffs at +9.

Shadow Arts Pinwheel (Kagero/Oboro)

Atk + 20

Matk + 5%

Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFKunai Explosion^000000 by 2 seconds.

Adds a 3% chance of casting ^0000FFLevel 1 Exploding Dragon^000000, ^0000FFLevel 1 First Wind^000000, ^0000FFLevel 1 Lightning Jolt^000000 or ^0000FFLevel 1 Snow Flake Draft^000000 on the target when performing a magical attack, if a higher level of this skill is known, it will be cast instead.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFExploding Dragon^000000, ^0000FFFirst Wind^000000, ^0000FFLightning Jolt^000000 and ^0000FFSnow Flake Draft^000000 by 10%.

Increases the damage of ^0000FFKunai Explosion^000000 by 20%.

Focus: Build Extension and Build Enabling.

It boosts the efficiency to use KE for physical builds, and provides an auto casting effect for magical builds (mainly to suffice while charms are still bugged). It will be reduced in terms of proc chance or even overall effect should charms ever actually be fixed.

Human Ear Beret or Pom Pom Headband (Doram)

All Stats + 3

Reduces the fixed casting time of ^0000FFSilvervine Stem Spear^000000 by 100%, if ^0000FFSpirit of Land^000000 is at maximum level.
Aspd + 5, if ^0000FFSpirit of Life^000000 is at maximum level.

Increases the recovery rate of recovery skills by 200%, if ^0000FFSpirit of Sea^000000 is at maximum level.

Increases the duration of ^0000FFStoop^000000 by 4 seconds.

This boost all three skill trees based on investing heavily into them. It makes SSS have no fixed casts, so to be compared to the likes of PP but for magical builds. It heavily boost healing rates so that not only will Shrimp Party do some decent healing, but allows support dorams to use the likes of a Vitata Card for single healing and by proxy let it actually do a decent amount for a singular heal. It also provides a flat aspd buff for picky peckers. The stoop bonus is a nod for leveling dorams, since stoop is a vital skill for it.

Kids Only Headband (Taekwon Kid ONLY)

Max HP + 3000

Max SP + 300

Atk + 20 per upgrade level of the item to a maximum upgrade level of 8.

Reduces the cast delay of skills by 100%.
Increases the damage of ^0000FFCounter Kick^000000, ^0000FFFlying Kick^000000, ^0000FFHeel Drop^000000, ^0000FFRoundhouse^000000 and ^0000FFTornado Kick^000000 by 500%.

This was mostly suggested by Jerbear and supported by Zayaan (and myself once I noticed how pathetic it was courtesy of a video by Jerbear). This is specifically to buff Taekwon Kids, to encourage the old ranking system to be a thing again. Since their level caps at 99, it wouldn't have a significant impact to my knowledge. I could also have the hat blocked in WoE TE settings if that is an issue as well.

The Plan

Details to be posted once they have been obtained.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 21 December 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#2 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:47 PM

That new Sea Captain's Hat would make it possible to spam Axe Tornado at 193 with some aftercast delay gear (which is very easy to get for a mech) and would out DPS the old driver band, while also making the Tornado Axe obsolete. 

Perhaps making it -1 second would be better so that it combos with the Tornado Axe? 

What was the rationale in giving a the Evil Dragon Armor effect to the autumn headband? 5% seems... high considering the other effects it gives. I do like the change to the old magician's cap since it allows caster sorcs the benefit of using it too. 

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

That new Sea Captain's Hat would make it possible to spam Axe Tornado at 193 with some aftercast delay gear (which is very easy to get for a mech) and would out DPS the old driver band, while also making the Tornado Axe obsolete. 

Perhaps making it -1 second would be better so that it combos with the Tornado Axe? 

What was the rationale in giving a the Evil Dragon Armor effect to the autumn headband? 5% seems... high considering the other effects it gives. I do like the change to the old magician's cap since it allows caster sorcs the benefit of using it too. 

I will adjust the Sea Captain's Hat to 1 second, I don't play every class hence why I wanted to run things by the community. I think the 1 second reduction would be best, since this is meant to be an early sub for the ODB.

I wanted to shift the AHB paradigm to something other than a brute force item to boost damage. The variable cast time is purely for leveling, because once a pure AS ranger hits end game they will have instant cast without the need for any reduction. The leech was to help with leveling since they can't get next to any leech without severely breaking something in the long run. It is slightly weaker than an EDA, but still collectively weaker than an RWH or Vanagard. I figured it was a nice balance that could be used by both bow and dagger users without making too much of a fuss over the dps loss for AS.

And thanks, I think that both hats giving 30% is a nice amount, it means there is still room for improvement via say... a Vesper Card, but still good enough to give both classes some good MDEF reduction without needing to go overboard with refining (or simply not having ANY with Sorc).

#4 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Yeah AT as it is has a 2 second cool down at level 5, and the big draw to the Tornado Axe is that it halves that cool down by subtracting 1 second -- currently those two items + arquen's necklaces would make a mech a very powerful character, basically functioning like an RC GX (though able to do like 60k per cast without much gear/EDP). Personally, I love it, and may even use it as a 175 char for higher DPS over something like the Old Driver Band. 

The cast time and damage boost with AHB is fine, I just think 5% chance is too high considering it already grants multiple other bonuses (and really, it's the chance rate that bothers me). 

I 175'd using a +7 gigantic bow and rideword, so I dunno. Being able to get even more damage out of it and insta-cast and a better SP leech back rate than rideword just seems... one too many, I guess. As it is, the ranger in question would never need to worry about SP with just that headgear alone. 

Also, the SC, GX, and AB hats look very nice. The GX and SC one especially, as their current counterparts are quite... uhh... useless, basically. 

#5 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Yeah AT as it is has a 2 second cool down at level 5, and the big draw to the Tornado Axe is that it halves that cool down by subtracting 1 second -- currently those two items + arquen's necklaces would make a mech a very powerful character, basically functioning like an RC GX (though able to do like 60k per cast without much gear/EDP). Personally, I love it, and may even use it as a 175 char for higher DPS over something like the Old Driver Band. 

The cast time and damage boost with AHB is fine, I just think 5% chance is too high considering it already grants multiple other bonuses (and really, it's the chance rate that bothers me). 

I 175'd using a +7 gigantic bow and rideword, so I dunno. Being able to get even more damage out of it and insta-cast and a better SP leech back rate than rideword just seems... one too many, I guess. As it is, the ranger in question would never need to worry about SP with just that headgear alone. 

Also, the SC, GX, and AB hats look very nice. The GX and SC one especially, as their current counterparts are quite... uhh... useless, basically. 

Ideally, I don't want a hat killing off a Bio5 equivalent, but to be a cheaper and weaker alternative (with exception of AB Bio5 Hat, because the ME bonus there is pathetic).

As for the AHB, let's break it down to what is essentially a hat with two purposes (this saves having to make a different headgear just for traps).

Increases the damage of ^0000FFArrow Storm^000000 by 15%. ~this provides a 15% solid boost rather than a scaling boost that rounds up to 34% (until level cap changes, then it gets stronger).
Increases the damage of ^0000FFFire Trap^000000 and ^0000FFIce Trap^000000 by 90%. ~this provides a solid boost to Fire and Ice Trap, long overdue mind you.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Int + 10, if the user has a dagger equipped. ~this provides 10 Int IF the user has a dagger, so only useful to dagger trappers or melee wargers
Dex + 10, if the user has a dagger equipped. ~this provides 10 Dex IF the user has a dagger, so only useful to dagger trappers or melee wargers
Increases long-ranged damage by 1% for every 20 base Dex. ~This provides 1% more long ranged damage than the current bonus, I thought it would be a nice little extra considering current users would lose the Int bonus they have long since had.
Reduces the variable casting time of ^0000FFArrow Storm^000000 by 100%. ~this is purely for leveling, since end game pure AS builds will get instant cast through stats.
Adds a 5% chance of restoring 5% of damage as HP when performing a physical attack.
Adds a 5% chance of restoring 5% of damage as SP when performing a physical attack.

Arrow Storm is given 3 innate options, 1 per upgrade tier. 2 of them are still semi relevant end game, one is not, and seeing as most AS rangers are constricted to full white wing sets I figured it would be nice for them to have access to some leech. I can however still reduce the chance it procs but it's still nowhere near as bad as some other classes.

#6 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:21 PM

I'll defer there, I think 5% for SP is too high -- in no small part because how easy I found it to 175 with middling gear (really, leveling in NCT is free since camo hides you from the big bells). 

The trap buff is totally fine, as is the leech effect with traps, it's that the leech effect would work either way. Really, that's a better headgear than vanargand/rideword to me, because the chance to proc SP leech is so high (Vanargand has 2%, EDA has the effect at +10 but doesn't offer as many benefits, etc.) 

If I were to change it, then I'd make it 3% chance for HP leech and 1% chance for SP leech (leave drain rate at 5%). However, if you think it's fair then I'll not argue past this point, it just struck me as too many things at once but then I'm sure there's things I think are fine that others would think is too good. 

#7 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

I'll defer there, I think 5% for SP is too high -- in no small part because how easy I found it to 175 with middling gear (really, leveling in NCT is free since camo hides you from the big bells). 

The trap buff is totally fine, as is the leech effect with traps, it's that the leech effect would work either way. Really, that's a better headgear than vanargand/rideword to me, because the chance to proc SP leech is so high (Vanargand has 2%, EDA has the effect at +10 but doesn't offer as many benefits, etc.) 

If I were to change it, then I'd make it 3% chance for HP leech and 1% chance for SP leech (leave drain rate at 5%). However, if you think it's fair then I'll not argue past this point, it just struck me as too many things at once but then I'm sure there's things I think are fine that others would think is too good. 

I will double check on the Vanagard leech chance, because I thought it was higher than 2% base. If that is the case I would absolutely lower it.

**EDIT**

Gonna need to find out the exact chance for it to leech, however it is at LEAST 3% base chance due to the true description, since the "probability" of leech increases at the last 2 refine tiers.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 06 December 2017 - 05:39 PM.

#8 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

I see, I was using divine pride's script listing and assuming the last two parts to be the activation chance and drain rate for HP and SP respectively:

anargand is a another name of Fenrir: the God Biter, which inspired the design of this helmit.
Under the +5 refine level, the effect is, absorb 1% of damage dealt to enemy into HP, and 1% into SP with certain rate.
If refined to +5 and +6, absorb 3% of damage dealt to enemy into HP, 1% into SP with certain rate. 
If refined to +7, absorb 5% of damage dealt to enemy into HP, 2% into SP with certain rate.
If refined to +8, absorb 5% of damage dealt to enemy into HP, 2% into SP with a higher rate.
If refined to +9 or above, absorb 8% of damage dealt to enemy into HP, 4% into SP with a higher rate.
Can be traded, stored, and vended
Class : Helmet 
Defense : 10
Weight : 150
Required Level : 80
Job : All jobs

• Enable a 1% chance of gaining 1% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as HP with each attack.
  • Enable a 1% chance of gaining 1% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as SP with each attack.
  • Enable a 1% chance of gaining 3% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as HP with each attack.
  • Enable a 1% chance of gaining 1% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as SP with each attack.
  • Enable a 3% chance of gaining 5% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as HP with each attack.
  • Enable a 1% chance of gaining 2% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as SP with each attack.
  • Enable a 5% chance of gaining 5% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as HP with each attack.
  • Enable a 1% chance of gaining 2% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as SP with each attack.
  • Enable a 6% chance of gaining 8% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as HP with each attack.
  • Enable a 2% chance of gaining 4% of the damage inflicted to an enemy as SP with each attack.

I mostly disregard the text description since "higher rate" as stated at +8 can apply to the increased HP drain chance.

Since Rideword is 1% chance for SP regardless of refine, I assumed Vanargand's "higher rate" is 2% for SP (which IMO is plenty). I'm just going off the script here though. 

EDIT: The website that shall not be named seems to list the +9 SP drain rate at 4% though.

Not sure which to trust tbh. 

Edited by mildcontempt, 06 December 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

I see, I was using divine pride's script listing and assuming the last two parts to be the activation chance and drain rate for HP and SP respectively:

I mostly disregard the text description since "higher rate" as stated at +8 can apply to the increased HP drain chance.

Since Rideword is 1% chance for SP regardless of refine, I assumed Vanargand's "higher rate" is 2% for SP (which IMO is plenty). I'm just going off the script here though. 

EDIT: The website that shall not be named seems to list the +9 SP drain rate at 4% though.

Not sure which to trust tbh. 

Either way IMO proc chance for SP should be less than Vana for sure.

#10 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

I agree. My only real beef was that it was outright better than Vana even not counting the other benefits. 

Here's hoping these changes go through. 

Oh, BTW, is the mushroom spore drop chance relatively high? Like 5% or so?

#11 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

I agree. My only real beef was that it was outright better than Vana even not counting the other benefits. 

Here's hoping these changes go through. 

Oh, BTW, is the mushroom spore drop chance relatively high? Like 5% or so?

Seeing as it is an 11x11 AoE, I would think 5% chance would be nice. That would mean that so long as you mobbed big you would most likely at least get BACK your bomb from the pack.

#12 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, exactly. It'd make it potentially self sufficient, and one could use CC/Cart Tornado/whatever else to build up an initial quantity. 

#13 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

from a friend that plays jRO, +9 Vana is 6% chance to leech 8% of the dmg as HP and 2% chance to leech 4% of the dmg as SP.

(And rideword leeched amount being doubled at +9 only happens on iRO :x)

That is also consistent with the Vana effects of bRO.

#14 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

Guess Divine Pride had the right of it. 

#15 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

Hopefully I can get a proper answer soon to confirm.

#16 SuAvE

SuAvE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Server:THORSUCKS

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

i feel sorry for the hat of AB,RG & Sorce the skill that boost their hat is for 1st & 2nd job :p_sad:  while the others is for 3rd job skill  :heh: why dont u make it ado or judex for ab hat, VP or CS for RG hat, sorce idk what skill they use for leveling maybe PW?  :hmm:  just a suggestion since your asking for a change make it fair for them  :p_love:

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

i feel sorry for the hat of AB,RG & Sorce the skill that boost their hat is for 1st & 2nd job :p_sad: while the others is for 3rd job skill :heh: why dont u make it ado or judex for ab hat, VP or CS for RG hat, sorce idk what skill they use for leveling maybe PW? :hmm: just a suggestion since your asking for a change make it fair for them :p_love:

Always up for suggestions, though not for sorc hat. It's for spell fist which takes it's base damage from bolts.

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

Grand Cross boost is kinda redundant if we end up receiving the other pieces of Imperial Set from future OCPs btw

AB hat is ok, theres judgment set if you want a massive Adoramus boost and True Margie cards, and for Judex, theres judgment robe and bio5 hat.

Sorc kinda has to be that way :T

Edited by Ashuckel, 07 December 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

+1

*trust me, i read it.

#20 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:43 AM

The new Black Ribbon looks a bit empty to me. I prefer the old bonus from +7 Black Ribbon (+2 atk per base agi 5) than atk +5% or why no have both bonuses?.

If Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter dmg bonus were removed from the description i don't see why not increase IB dmg to 80% or 100% because 30% is a meh.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:52 AM

a wind cutter hat is kinda interesting tbh, making it similar to jRO Peuz Set effect playstyle

#22 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

I completely missed it no longer buffing the other skills. IMO, giving it wind cutter damage + cool down reduction would be the way to go. Maybe -1 out the gate and another -1 if some other requirement is satisfied (could be tied to a skill being mastered or additional -0.1 seconds cool down per 12 base STR.

The skill's base atk mod is so low that unless you quadruple it's damage it's not going to be significant, but you could very easily give it a modest boost in damage (100%) and also give it spammability so that phys RKs have a skill they can spam that isn't BB.

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:07 AM

The new Black Ribbon looks a bit empty to me. I prefer the old bonus from +7 Black Ribbon (+2 atk per base agi 5) than atk +5% or why no have both bonuses?.

If Sonic Wave/Wind Cutter dmg bonus were removed from the description i don't see why not increase IB dmg to 80% or 100% because 30% is a meh.

a wind cutter hat is kinda interesting tbh, making it similar to jRO Peuz Set effect playstyle

I completely missed it no longer buffing the other skills. IMO, giving it wind cutter damage + cool down reduction would be the way to go. Maybe -1 out the gate and another -1 if some other requirement is satisfied (could be tied to a skill being mastered or additional -0.1 seconds cool down per 12 base STR.

The skill's base atk mod is so low that unless you quadruple it's damage it's not going to be significant, but you could very easily give it a modest boost in damage (100%) and also give it spammability so that phys RKs have a skill they can spam that isn't BB.

Would you guys rather it be a specialized Wind Cutter hat or a Mini IB hat? I can boost the IB damage of course if it is the latter.

How about...

Black Ribbon
Increases the damage of ^0000FFWind Cutter^000000 by 90%.
If upgrade level is +7 or higher,
Atk + 5%
Reduces the cooldown of ^0000FFWind Cutter^000000 by 1.5 seconds.

That would give 665% ~ 1162% Skill Modifier, and allow the attack to be used twice per second.

**EDIT**

Added Wind Cutter additions to the Black Ribbon since it's original version technically had 3 skills it applied to, so have two skills more finely focused seemed fair.

Grand Cross boost is kinda redundant if we end up receiving the other pieces of Imperial Set from future OCPs btw

AB hat is ok, theres judgment set if you want a massive Adoramus boost and True Margie cards, and for Judex, theres judgment robe and bio5 hat.

Sorc kinda has to be that way :T

What would be an alternative suggestion for the GC hat :U?

Edited by Nirvanna21, 07 December 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#24 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

Keeping the IB boost + instacast is a nice touch. There's no risk of a phys RK from levels 100-160 being some kind of unstoppable juggernaut, so I think giving both the IB (30% + insta-cast) and WC bonus (as you listed above) is good. 

It would open up an interesting combo of IB->WC->WC->IB->WC->WC where-in the WC can also be used defensively to push enemies back. Since they are both cool downs and not AD you can easily chain them, too. 

RG is kind of hard to build for because the imperial stuff (depending on which pieces) basically buffs everything, including overbrand. 

I guess you could make it buff moonslasher and/or earth drive ;D.

(I actually like moonslasher a lot.)

Edited by mildcontempt, 07 December 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#25 RioCyrus97

RioCyrus97

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 509 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Don't Bother

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

That cooldown reduction for Axe Tornado looks nice but it would make Mecha become like RC GX with some cast delay reducs(mecha have access from verus). This might actually killed the ODB red version as Sea cap can make AT more spammable. Maybe make this hat to reduce Axe Boomerang cooldown instead, as this can be alternative way for Axe Mecha to use Axe Boomerang. That's what I would recommended. I was hoping it would be PS, but that would technically kills ODB hat. And for the +7 bonus, I'm not sure how it will goes, but maybe a small boost like 10% to either axe boom/power swing/axe tornado should work.

P/S: Axe boomerang build has limited items diversity. So maybe the cooldown reducs should help a bit. :thx:

Edited by RioCyrus97, 07 December 2017 - 12:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users