What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
588 replies to this topic

#26 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Will be happy to see some warp team's reply here.

#27 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

Maybe ban some gears from Woe is the right direction. Just like WoE TE banned Maya Purple and WoE Set, ban some of the OP gears in WoE looks like the right direction. No more Flattery, Abusive, Mob Scarf, Maya Purple, Many of OCP Items, just go back to the basic, woe set, KVMs and some gears that already exist in the past. However, this should be evaluated by the staff AND the community. I just would like to see something done from the staff about this.

Except the ban on maya purple card didn't stop people from maya purple hacking, lol.

Even certain gear bans won't affect some skills that have insane damage mods or are irreducible.

#28 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:11 PM

listen to what they said, they are veteran in woe, ie : Kritical and Chakri

basically its not about gears, OHKO factor, Suras, blablabla

everyone just tired of it, tired because cant win, tired because keep dying, tired because cant be number one, tired seeing someone better than him

they then quit.

thats all.  :heh:

Edited by Silvianna, 18 December 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#29 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

Will be happy to see some warp team's reply here.

I would be happy too, with a real answer about the topic instead of getting the thread close and say something like "we will discuss this" as they do often.

Except the ban on maya purple card didn't stop people from maya purple hacking, lol.

Even certain gear bans won't affect some skills that have insane damage mods or are irreducible.

Remember the "Anti-cheat system" that WP announce but never see the light?, im wondering what do they mean with that and if that will get rid of many hacks cheatting ppl use nowadays in WoE

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Cheating is still rampant.

#31 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:19 PM

I would be happy too, with a real answer about the topic instead of getting the thread close and say something like "we will discuss this" as they do often.

Remember the "Anti-cheat system" that WP announce but never see the light?, im wondering what do they mean with that and if that will get rid of many hacks cheatting ppl use nowadays in WoE

Most anti-cheat systems are never fully efficient, people will still find ways around them eventually and continue to cheat. But the fact that players are able to get away with it and aren't punished is concerning. I understand their idea of "fix the issue" rather than getting rid of people for it, but when it's non-stop as it is they should do both.

#32 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:19 PM

listen to what they said, they are veteran in woe, ie : Kritical and Chakri

basically its not about gears, OHKO factor, Suras, blablabla

everyone just tired of it, tired because cant win, tired because keep dying, tired because cant be number one, tired seeing someone better than him

they then quit.

thats all.  :heh:

Are you serious? I have played with KK before, havent the pleasure to play at chakri's side yet. However, im a old player too, and they have reason on what they said. Its hard to play WoE as is nowadays, on the winning or losing side, its the same. I would prefer to play against 5 full guilds and lose somethimes than play against 1 guild and always win.

Maybe you dont know the feel about what a good woe is. 

However, this is not, and wont be the topic in the thread, and hope neither Kritical or Chakri answer you with offenses, they shouldnt and they surely wont. 

This is about giving good opinions, giving to WP the community point of view of the WoE nowadays. I really expect they do something, but comments like yours doesnt help at all..

Edited by S207, 18 December 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#33 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

To be fair the community have been giving their opinions on this issue for god knows how long now. Even if WP did take note, the ones who matter; kRO, did not and continue to not even take a glimpse at anything offered. It doesn't take a genius to point out the major problems with WoE.

#34 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:27 PM

To be fair the community have been giving their opinions on this issue for god knows how long now. Even if WP did take note, the ones who matter; kRO, did not and continue to not even take a glimpse at anything offered. It doesn't take a genius to point out the major problems with WoE.

KRO is just an excuse... since IRO it's a mixture between JRO and KRO, this is our own version of Ragnarok and it's broken, they just say "waiting for KRO" and for even more they say that, even more sounds like a pretext or excuse, of course they can fix and rebalance by themselves but you know what?... they don't even know how... 

#35 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

KRO is just an excuse... since IRO it's a mixture between JRO and KRO, this is our own version of Ragnarok and it's broken, they just say "waiting for KRO" and for even more they say that, even more sounds like a pretext or excuse, of course they can fix and rebalance by themselves but you know what?... they don't even know how... 

It isn't an excuse. WP doesn't have the tools, personnel or source code to do well... anything.

#36 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:35 PM

It isn't an excuse. WP doesn't have the tools, personnel or source code to do well... anything.

okay I got your point, then let's say isn't an excuse, then ask to yourself this and answer youself, why it is hard to get some balance in game BUT, isn't hard get and introduce new items in the game into a OCP box to sell? they no need the "codes" for that, uhh?... 

Im just saying, don't get offence.

Edited by ShenYuel, 18 December 2017 - 04:42 PM.

#37 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

okay I got your point, then let's say isn't an excuse, then ask to yourself this and answer you, why it is hard to get some balance in game BUT, isn't hard get and introduce in the game new items into a OCP to sell? they no need the "codes" for that, uhh?... 

If ragnarok works like eAthena and stuffs like that, they dont need the source code to insert new items, its just scripting and client side GRF package wich kRO delivers. What he sais is WP need the source code to do something like skill balance, also people focus to that. 

#38 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:42 PM

DO READ chakri's answer first, S207.

That's why capital punishment is bad. When you arrest bad guys, dont kill them because if you do, there will be no chaos and terror to threaten civilians. When there are no bad guys, there are no heroes to raise  :ani_shy:
WoE is dead and it cant be revitalized. All bad guys got put in electric chairs  :rice: 

WoE issues are incurable;
1) Everyone wants to be powerful but when there are too powerful people, some less-powerful people quit. 
2) When you try to make people to have similar gears, some people who lose advantages quit .
3) Leave the gap between gears as it is, some people with less advantages quit.
4) When people cheat and they still die, some people who are bad at cheating quit.
4) When people keep quiting, we have WoE as it is.

Bonus: also some people quit due to drama inside their own guild ~

It's all about players' mentality. Nothing WP can do to fix WoE issues and that's why there is no cure  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Well I think, It is not about 1HKO. For example, WoE TE where it is much less 1HKO  and supposedly more balanced i.e. you dont really need to Gods/MvPs, you can tank more, easy to level, etc. WoE TE should be healthy right? 

Wrong ... WoE TE is also dying. It comes to players who cant win will just quit. Everyone wants to be winners but, sadly even this is a game, it is not easy to be winners when you compete with other human beings. That's why PvM is simpler and easier to learn compared to WoE i.e Al's vs Humans. This makes perfect sense. To keep the world balance, winners are rare and losers are common.

thats why i do agree with him,
similar issue : people who want to be good in PvM however they cant afford to get ocp / good equipments, in the end
they only rant rant rant, rant about cash shop, rant about quests, and then quit.

#39 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

okay I got your point, then let's say isn't an excuse, then ask to yourself this and answer youself, why it is hard to get some balance in game BUT, isn't hard get and introduce new items in the game into a OCP box to sell? they no need the "codes" for that, uhh?... 

The guy above already explained the editing side, as for why we get items for cash shop. If it hasn't been made clear kRO is all about the revenue. Even there they don't provide QA, otherwise "fixing" OCP items wouldn't be a thing.

#40 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:26 PM

the WoE Schedule also bad for asian player, which is kill the potential

idk maybe, need to scrap all current woe modifider and replace it with new one, and once it does need an event to make ppl willing to fight for it to trigger the salt

god item approach is actually out of topic at this point, unless Gravity willing to scrap all current god item and replace it with new one as new system take place.

still they need 2 conduct a research to ensure that won't make it worse

DO READ chakri's answer first, S207.

thats why i do agree with him,
similar issue : people who want to be good in PvM however they cant afford to get ocp / good equipments, in the end
they only rant rant rant, rant about cash shop, rant about quests, and then quit.

tbh we can't really fix player metallity but the game might can change their focus on some thing. 

Edited by heickelrrx, 18 December 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#41 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

My suggestion. IRO should customizes your own WoE instead of waiting KRO. I guess you don't want what Gravity will do about WoE revitalization in KRO on next year. :^)

Edited by Sigma1, 18 December 2017 - 05:48 PM.

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

My suggestion. IRO should customizes your own WoE instead of waiting KRO. I guess you don't want what Gravity will do about WoE revitalization in KRO on next year. :^)

iRO can't fix the lack of reduction for HP based skills. They also can't do much about cheating. They can help with rewards, but that won't really help make it fun. The fact is fixing the problem requires work, and I just don't think they can pull it off in house. It's hard enough for the little things let alone an entire system.

#43 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

no cheats

no boss cards

no gods

that's all you need to do make woe fun

#44 DesiEmi

DesiEmi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

I say what woe needs its a balance and nerf on gears while on WoE having almost all one shotting makes new players dont WoE wich makes onley some ppl like Animo and KK WoE from what i saw, i mean if i was gona try to fix it i would onley leave some of effects on skills but i would let demage and how high it can go as well on demage reduction to a limit so that everybody can have fun and its not just a one shot whit old ass players whit mvp and all taht stuff that u cant kill and they one shot u even if u a full guild of new players

#45 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

WoE improvement is and should be MOBA-like. All guild should have their own Castles and enemies' will try to destroy the emp x times or until everyone dies x number of times and no one is left on the WoE map. :heh:

#46 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

I say what woe needs its a balance and nerf on gears while on WoE having almost all one shotting makes new players dont WoE wich makes onley some ppl like Animo and KK WoE from what i saw, i mean if i was gona try to fix it i would onley leave some of effects on skills but i would let demage and how high it can go as well on demage reduction to a limit so that everybody can have fun and its not just a one shot whit old ass players whit mvp and all taht stuff that u cant kill and they one shot u even if u a full guild of new players

You just said what I said lately, make some "Damage Gap", nerfing class and skills inside WoE maps, to avoid the damage get higher than 30k or else, to avoid 1HKO on people and make WoE a real battle, not just an "1HKO all around", all the other game i've played before, there's no "1HKO" on PvP, theres no way that you can get killed by 1 skill if you have full or enough HP to survive, so this "Damage Gap" could be the solution to make it interesting.

#47 alvaro89

alvaro89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationque te importa <.<

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Just let's R.I.P  woe :v

#48 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

You just said what I said lately, make some "Damage Gap", nerfing class and skills inside WoE maps, to avoid the damage get higher than 30k or else, to avoid 1HKO on people and make WoE a real battle, not just an "1HKO all around", all the other game i've played before, there's no "1HKO" on PvP, theres no way that you can get killed by 1 skill if you have full or enough HP to survive, so this "Damage Gap" could be the solution to make it interesting.

Don't wanna argue but this week's woe was rather "more" than the usual past months had to offer. My weap slot was for pure defense a while back but that day i switched to my bible 24/7. I stood longer than the minimal woe's.

The thing with the 1 hit K.O thing is that when you have less people. It's a quality and quantity thing. Numbers provide evidence of (i do not want to offend anyone lol) who gets to be killed before others. One is if you are squishy. If you aren't that flashy or is not to be seen in woe then you'll survive longer than usual. Think about it as a skill, like evasion tank and mitigation tank. stealthy

But as stated earlier, no people means we draw closer to the mindset where woe is dead. I still do woe tho. It would be fun if more people came, actually, it would be healthier if people do come.  :p_smile:

#49 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

Don't wanna argue but this week's woe was rather "more" than the usual past months had to offer. My weap slot was for pure defense a while back but that day i switched to my bible 24/7. I stood longer than the minimal woe's.

The thing with the 1 hit K.O thing is that when you have less people. It's a quality and quantity thing. Numbers provide evidence of (i do not want to offend anyone lol) who gets to be killed before others. One is if you are squishy. If you aren't that flashy or is not to be seen in woe then you'll survive longer than usual. Think about it as a skill, like evasion tank and mitigation tank. stealthy

But as stated earlier, no people means we draw closer to the mindset where woe is dead. I still do woe tho. It would be fun if more people came, actually, it would be healthier if people do come.  :p_smile:

It's okay I wont get offended, but to be honest there's no way to survive 100k spameable GoH, even more if WoE set redux is just not enough, for exemple with full redux (90%) the hit it's 100k, right? remove that redux and the damage it could be 1m, since we're getting 10% of that damage, so... there's no way to survive I also have seem 700k GFist on PvP rooms, still wont survive even with redux, that's our point here.

#50 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

It's okay I wont get offended, but to be honest there's no way to survive 100k spameable GoH, even more if WoE set redux is just not enough, for exemple with full redux (90%) the hit it's 100k, right? remove that redux and the damage it could be 1m, since we're getting 10% of that damage, so... there's no way to survive I also have seem 700k GFist on PvP rooms, still wont survive even with redux, that's our point here.

Umm, you don't get how GoH works it seems. Most of the damage comes from HP, this ignores all reductions except for Energy Coat, Stoop etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users