What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

What to expect for WoE in 2018-2019-2020: Careless Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
588 replies to this topic

#51 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Umm, you don't get how GoH works it seems. Most of the damage comes from HP, this ignores all reductions except for Energy Coat, Stoop etc.

I know how GoH works, less current HP = more damage, I just said a exemple in the previous post :v

#52 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

My suggestion. IRO should customizes your own WoE instead of waiting KRO. I guess you don't want what Gravity will do about WoE revitalization in KRO on next year. :^)

if im not wrong some of them are :

- shorter WoE time. only 1 hour

- WoE sets are viable and able to get them by buying in NPC, you will able to enchant them as well or combining to make something even more greater

- when you die you will automatically teleported to town.

- you will able to enchant God Items, able to do that 4 times and there are around 22 types of enchant.

- they will change God Item quests as well because they think its too difficult.

- unique items are added to castle , the castle drop / reward is different for each castle.

- change on Guild Dungeon.

#53 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

I know how GoH works, less current HP = more damage, I just said a exemple in the previous post :v

Yeah, but you brought reductions in with your example, which don't apply to the HP portion which would make it an incorrect example :X

#54 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

:heh:  ask Sigma to translate but this is the enchant table of God Items.

7T7TCO2B1E0FW7C7H0LW.jpg

and alsooooo you can slot them now,

Megingjard -> Megingjard[1]

ahahahaha

feels like private server rofl  :heh:

#55 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

:heh:  ask Sigma to translate but this is the enchant table of God Items.

7T7TCO2B1E0FW7C7H0LW.jpg

ahahahaha

feels like private server rofl  :heh:

kRO Logic -> Current game is easy, so make players even stronger, so now current items are -_-, so make them stronger, current content is weak, so give them more hp and mechanics that make all the previous changes moot, god items weak because all other items too strong, so make them allllllllllllllllllll strongerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, #MFKR.

#56 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

If you think that fixing GoH damage will somehow revive WoE you haven't been WoEing. 

#57 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

If you think that fixing GoH damage will somehow revive WoE you haven't been WoEing. 

no, im not talking about GoH only, im talking all around class and skills lol
the damage of all is getting so higher and WoE set is not enough to handle it.

#58 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

:heh: ask Sigma to translate but this is the enchant table of God Items.
7T7TCO2B1E0FW7C7H0LW.jpg

ahahahaha
feels like private server rofl :heh:

That table is specific to Mjolnir IIRC. Other god items will have their own enchants. (With phone. I only see the last one. It's attack speed enchant)

Beside shorter WoE time. Only 1 day per week available too. WoE, WoE 2 and WoE TE are in the same time simultaneously. And they use weekly rotation. (e.g. First week of each month are Prontera realm, Juno realm and Kafragarten realm (15 agits total). Second week will rotate to Payon realm, Rachel realm and Gloria realm). etc.

Edited by Sigma1, 18 December 2017 - 07:14 PM.

#59 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

It's okay I wont get offended, but to be honest there's no way to survive 100k spameable GoH, even more if WoE set redux is just not enough, for exemple with full redux (90%) the hit it's 100k, right? remove that redux and the damage it could be 1m, since we're getting 10% of that damage, so... there's no way to survive I also have seem 700k GFist on PvP rooms, still wont survive even with redux, that's our point here.

it's not that i didn't get your point, i actually concentrated my post to everything iv'e read so far, your idea for me was flat. it isn't the usual case, you would prevent one to go all out dishing 100k GoH to everybody if he/she had the reasons not to. it's just that not everyone is able to afford a whole lot of reducs in woe. im stating this as if we do get new people, they aren't exactly woe ready. and the less people we have makes it closer for them to actually be one-shotted lol.

it plays with contentment (lul power creeps hahaha). knowing one's capability. knowing one's role. with that you could be totally diverse. practice switching. when to reduc and when to not. which will be useful in this situation.

when to be evasive and when to mitigate. (pretty sure old woers know this)

#60 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:21 PM

no, im not talking about GoH only, im talking all around class and skills lol
the damage of all is getting so higher and WoE set is not enough to handle it.

IMO, I think these OP'ly Suras you're referring to were loaded with Gods and MvPs and probably +14/+15 KvM. In fact, I dont know about other classes but I could tank more than one godly Sura at the same time. All I needed was just Tao and WoE set. My RG was not even a FS tanky build.

I think its because you dont have Tao which is an unfair comparison. In fact, godly Suras quite weak. They'd need more than Tao to hit hard while I or you only needed Tao + WoE set to tank one of them. If you had Tao, I'm sure you'd of tanked them too.

#61 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

I want WoE to be fun, I want attendance, I don't have the answers to fix it though. I feel like it was swept under the rug and left to die. I've been WoEing consistently for the last three years now and have just watched it decline while people made thread after thread on what they believe will fix it. Yet nothing has been done so here we are. I don't have an answer to fix woe, but my biggest grievance is cheaters and lack of motivation/reward. This year has had my most missed WoEs, as it is very very hard to give a damn anymore when you can predict 100% to a T on what will happen and how it will end. Shadow Chasers and Suras will always be powerful WoE classes, pulling off some amazing plays, I don't think flat out nerfing them is the answer, but it would be a step in the right direction. Same with addressing cheats.

I wish I had an answer to fix Woe, I really do.

And for those of you not in the know for WoE, here is a clip from 2 saturdays ago. I have full reducts, woe set, 120k+ HP. I would love to know how to fight against this better.

#62 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

everyone just tired of it, tired because cant win, tired because keep dying, tired because cant be number one, tired seeing someone better than him

they then quit.

thats all.  :heh:

There was a few instances that the people who were winning are the ones that got tired of the meta and quit.

The SD thread was started by someone who was in the guild that was thriving, and benefited off from how broken SD is. And then there's another thread started by a guild that had twice the number than any other guild, not being happy with the state of WoE. There were guilds that quit when they were thriving, not losing. They just got bored and find WoE not fun like it was. Or the investment, time and effort to keep running a WoE guild is too much/ have no returns in rewards and thus not worth it. There's also guilds that quit because of WoE1 time not convenient. Many players have to work, or prepare to go to work.

I'm not here to debate about WoE or try to fight for anything, those days are long gone for me. I have members in my guild that are still hungry for WoE, but the reality is the WoE they used to enjoy is not the same anymore. And there is nothing anyone of us can do about it due to WP's many years of negligence on the issue. :v And there have been COUNTLESS of WoE threads popping up now and then, and they all get swept under the rug. I expect this one to be no different.

If anyone wants change, it may have to come from the community itself, which is not likely going to happen.

#63 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

I want WoE to be fun, I want attendance, I don't have the answers to fix it though. I feel like it was swept under the rug and left to die. I've been WoEing consistently for the last three years now and have just watched it decline while people made thread after thread on what they believe will fix it. Yet nothing has been done so here we are. I don't have an answer to fix woe, but my biggest grievance is cheaters and lack of motivation/reward. This year has had my most missed WoEs, as it is very very hard to give a damn anymore when you can predict 100% to a T on what will happen and how it will end. Shadow Chasers and Suras will always be powerful WoE classes, pulling off some amazing plays, I don't think flat out nerfing them is the answer, but it would be a step in the right direction. Same with addressing cheats.

And for those of you not in the know for WoE, here is a clip from 2 saturdays ago. I have full reducts, woe set, 120k+ HP. I would love to know how to fight against this better.

I think all damage should be able to be reduced as a start, it evens out the playing field. As for reductions themselves, they should cap them. We are getting closer and closer to 100% reduction. It's already at an alarming point of mediocrity. Rewards should be updated and some method of anti cheating should be established. WoE specific items should be investigated, for what could have been a mistake since release, you have been able to achieve 100% MDEF bypass by continuously re-equipping a GSOD. I think it was about 2 years ago to the day that I sent a PM regarding how they could approach the situation, by taking small steps towards a problem. Even if they coudn't fix everything, they could have taken steps towards the bits that they could.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 December 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#64 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

WoE = 1/PvM 

PvM = 1/WoE

You only get to choose one.  Chaos has chosen to save PvM while iRO Thor has chosen to save WoE.

I dont know which one is worse. I dont play Thor so I dont know but the server seems to have around 300-500 on daily basis and only get busy during WoE. Chaos, on the other hand, most people have no reasons to get stronger because WoE is dead and then PvM gets boring real fast.

#65 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

:heh: The perfect windmill while you are hiding from a screen away is funnier to me than you getting one shotted 

#66 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

WoE = 1/PvM 

PvM = 1/WoE

You only get to choose one.  Chaos has chosen to save PvM while iRO Thor has chosen to save WoE.

I dont know which one is worse. I dont play Thor so I dont know but the server seems to have around 300-500 on daily basis and only get busy during WoE. Chaos, on the other hand, most people have no reasons to get stronger because WoE is dead and then PvM gets boring real fast.

They didn't save PvM either.

They saved the cash shop.

#67 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

what about the damage? can you see that in woe ?

otherwise only God knows that sura doing is 999999 x 7 hits to you  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#68 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

otherwise only God knows that sura doing is 999999 x 7 hits to you  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

I reset my stats this week to about 128k hp and can now tank it with around 2k to spare. So it is around 120-125k damage, spammable 3 hits. I can't tank that. But at least it is two hits to kill me now.

#69 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

I took his GoH before. It was actually 10k each hit. Milky was being playful on that video, so he was actually naked  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

#70 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

Well I think, It is not about 1HKO. For example, WoE TE where it is much less 1HKO  and supposedly more balanced i.e. you dont really need to Gods/MvPs, you can tank more, easy to level, etc. WoE TE should be healthy right? 

Wrong ... WoE TE is also dying. It comes to players who cant win will just quit. Everyone wants to be winners but, sadly even this is a game, it is not easy to be winners when you compete with other human beings. That's why PvM is simpler and easier to learn compared to WoE i.e Al's vs Humans. This makes perfect sense. To keep the world balance, winners are rare and losers are common.

I agree with chakri. a guild that is always winning and your guild that is always losing isn't a good thing, like in wars, having constant defeat will lead to lowering of the morale of the players.

Aside from that,  we should have a permanent fix for some woe bugs like invincible Emp and Guard stone Bugs

Edited by Icarus05, 18 December 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#71 ShenYuel

ShenYuel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

THATS EXACTLY MY POINT!
thanks for share this clip! how to fight that? instacast and spameable 120k GoH? (+ Cheats)

#72 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Heres how I envision WOE must be to entice me to play and feel it will be fun and enjoyable. I don't expect this to happen, but meh, its a vision.

1. Absolutely no gears allowed. WOE gears you with a range of item sets for everyone. Now its fair, you all get the same -_-ty gears. Who wins is pure skill and class counter.
For once, you would be able to tell which class is OP even if all items are same. Also, the whole bloody server can participate. Now prove you're the strongest with your skills, not $$$.

2. Fantastic instantaneous prizes for winners. Instead of needing you to win a million times building economy for a piece of mostly useless god piece, all castle owners at the end receive rewards with rng % as if the economy is already maxed. Maybe 1% chance for a newer piece of god piece. 

3. Hall of fame. Top 10-20 characters with highest kill counts or WOE crystals broken are recorded on a board after every WOE. Top 3 characters can speak to the board to redeem prizes similar to winning a castle, while prizes trickle down to crap generally like MCA. Basically, you get recognition and rewards for being good individually rather than only the castle owner as well.

This is basically putting WOE like modern MOBA games and a bit of how sports works. Fair games, skill base, rewarding for top players. 

#73 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Heres how I envision WOE must be to entice me to play and feel it will be fun and enjoyable. I don't expect this to happen, but meh, its a vision.

1. Absolutely no gears allowed. WOE gears you with a range of item sets for everyone. Now its fair, you all get the same -_-ty gears. Who wins is pure skill and class counter.
For once, you would be able to tell which class is OP even if all items are same. Also, the whole bloody server can participate. Now prove you're the strongest with your skills, not $$$.

2. Fantastic instantaneous prizes for winners. Instead of needing you to win a million times building economy for a piece of mostly useless god piece, all castle owners at the end receive rewards with rng % as if the economy is already maxed. Maybe 1% chance for a newer piece of god piece. 

3. Hall of fame. Top 10-20 characters with highest kill counts or WOE crystals broken are recorded on a board after every WOE. Top 3 characters can speak to the board to redeem prizes similar to winning a castle, while prizes trickle down to crap generally like MCA. Basically, you get recognition and rewards for being good individually rather than only the castle owner as well.

This is basically putting WOE like modern MOBA games and a bit of how sports works. Fair games, skill base, rewarding for top players. 

Even same same gears won't do jack -_- if people can still cheat. Auto target is the most -_- thing ever.

#74 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Like auto-target GD ndl spam on our bombers in TE  :heh:

#75 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Like auto-target GD ndl spam on our bombers in TE  :heh:

Or like suras snapping causing pos bug only to reappear and target you from a crowd of 15 bunched up players on an emp within the 0.2 seconds he/she has been on screen, only to instant kill you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users