Patch Notes 1/17/2018 - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 1/17/2018

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:02 PM

Log in issue I encounter : If u log in there is first under mainteance afterwards it logs in normaly but you cant log in into channel 3 if you click first on CH 3 u gotta restart the game again if you click right away on any other channel it seems to work perfectly fine. 

PS: Cant switch channels afterwards too because it will load endlessly

Edited by Kristof3195, 17 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

#52 Khady

Khady

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:12 PM

Kills give more points, island changing cooldown and everybody have a quest he can for sure do, pretty sure more people will going to fight now then before the changes. Of course there will still be some guilds camping but overall the changes made people fighting more because it just gives you way more points.

There is this one specific guild that always rush all 5 island and merced alot (i guess you know who i mean) and the playstyle they have benefit from the changes. And thats good in my opinion. People who rush alot benefit way more from this change then campers do, atleast the cooldown on the island changing will do so. Maybe it's just my mind and in reality it will work out different, but just from the changes i seen i would always go for the rushing tactic from now on.

hmm how does that benefit fighting? every non mage/ drakan class below 100khp and 20k def will die within an eyeblink which means giving the opponent team 10 points.

of course fighting should be more rewarded than camping but do normal player even have another choice beside camping? I dont know but in my opinion it seems as good as impossible to kill a Mage within 15 seconds as an thief, archer, warrior. So before i take the risk to die vs stacked enemies which cant get killed by most of the players anyways and to give them 10 free points because they raid down 120k HP with questionable diffusion cannon speed i rather go hide, run and camp even more.

But probably that are just some poor guys problems who 1. dont have full resi cards and 2. dont play mage or drakans.

Also its not very honorable if you rush well knowing that you dont die anyways. Basically you need a solid spawn camp of 5 people just to kill 1 stacked invoker in time.

Edited by Khady, 17 January 2018 - 03:15 PM.

#53 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

Looks like it's working now. If there is any weird/unusual behavior you notice please let us know.

#54 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Very nice adjustments to the points that missions give, I was going to say that the missions were a still bit too generous but it seems you noticed this already.

Killing someone in EW is hard unless people don't work with their team and cooperate, People have heals from Invokers/sorcs + the ability to use mostly every single Healing item in game to survive in EW like spamming multiple combinations of food such as Bread/Cake/Watermelon/Chocolate rabbits/HP Injections and use them all in 1 game tick which heals you like 4-6k health per second if you use them all together + we have a good amount of % Healing items that you can also use together in 1 game tick like Immortality capsule/Santa cookie/Star candy which will heal you 85% of your hp if you use them all at once.

Gotta remember that the missions instantly reset once you complete them, so by the time you get a chance to kill 1 player you could've probably gotten lucky with Missions like getting 2-4 poke missions in a row. So whats harder, killing a opponent who has an arsenal of healing items at their disposal + their teams support or simply landing a random skill on a player hm.

Edited by Starkespada1, 17 January 2018 - 03:50 PM.

#55 Khady

Khady

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

well im just saying that geared player, also magicans and drakans have now an even greater advatage against not well geared, "normal classes" since they can (same as before) complete quests as easy as the "weaker" people and get 10 points in addition.

strange that those who yelled the most for for keeping the mercany system with reasons like "now smaller/ weaker guilds will never be able to win emporia", applaud now to this changes which will ensure even more that the "weaker player/guilds/classes" wont win emporia.

its just sad that you are basically forced now to take mages with you so you are able to heal because every death gives the enemies 10 points. also the gear requirements for emporia will probably be higher in every guild because you dont want to risk that people are dying.

But well i am repeating myself. We will see how it turns out. This changes wouldnt be a problem if classes were actually balanced.

Because it doesnt make sense for me that mages have the most powerful impact in emporia now since they have the highest dps beside summoner and survive the longest. Means if you have a good geared mage you will probably die way less than any other classes and get way more kills than any other class. And quests they can complete like any other class too. And thats pretty unfair in my opinion. Beside all the progress we should maybe go a step backwards to a point where all classes had their benefits in EW and BSQ and not a single class which outnumbers the others by far.

#56 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

Everyone seems to be having an issue regarding camping some say it's easily avoidable, while others beg to differ and are asking for form of invincibility. Well here's a solution fit for island hopping, change the y axis value of the spawn point so its really high, so it's basically a high altitude drop, players are out range of most skills, and they can navigate their descent.

Edited by Apocryphos, 17 January 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#57 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

strange that those who yelled the most for for keeping the mercany system with reasons like "now smaller/ weaker guilds will never be able to win emporia", applaud now to this changes which will ensure even more that the "weaker player/guilds/classes" wont win emporia.

Well there's a reason for this, Judging from what I've read so far from these changes I'm assuming Emporia is intended for competing Guilds now, even more so since the Mercenary system was taken away. So my personal views do not take into consideration of "smaller/weaker" Guilds anymore since it seems the point of EW now is to be something to aim for to Make Big and Powerful Guilds to compete with each other. Well that's the vibe I'm getting from here anyways, so i could be wrong

It just seems to me that EW is making a shift into content where the biggest Guilds with good gear have a place to go versus each other with no help from people outside of their Guild in an actual fight where you need to survive. The removal of the Mercenary system sealed the fate of Smaller guilds who needed help

"Emporia War has been implemented the way that people want to create big guilds with the best of the best gear and in my personal opinion this was intended from the beginning." Quote from Popcorn 

Here's an Idea, How about letting the winning Guilds Share their 1* and 2* castles with other people if they choose to, that way Smaller Guilds can have a chance of experiencing the boost from castle and the bigger guilds can compete with eachother since it's been made obvious that the current guilds think the castle isn't their main goal of EW they just want to fight eachother in a Emporia fight. 

Edited by Starkespada1, 17 January 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#58 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

well im just saying that geared player, also magicans and drakans have now an even greater advatage against not well geared, "normal classes" since they can (same as before) complete quests as easy as the "weaker" people and get 10 points in addition.

its just sad that you are basically forced now to take mages with you so you are able to heal because every death gives the enemies 10 points. also the gear requirements for emporia will probably be higher in every guild because you dont want to risk that people are dying.

But well i am repeating myself. We will see how it turns out. This changes wouldnt be a problem if classes were actually balanced.

Because it doesnt make sense for me that mages have the most powerful impact in emporia now since they have the highest dps beside summoner and survive the longest. Means if you have a good geared mage you will probably die way less than any other classes and get way more kills than any other class. And quests they can complete like any other class too. And thats pretty unfair in my opinion. Beside all the progress we should maybe go a step backwards to a point where all classes had their benefits in EW and BSQ and not a single class which outnumbers the others by far.

I was against merc system removal for obvious reasons. If the result was presented with this changes I would supported it. Also, you are not forced to do anything. If for example u want to run EW with all archer and no variety and then complain about mage class dps that is your choice. Do as you like but go with the pros and cons of your decision and dont seem so narrow minded. This has been the EW that has been around for years with no change.

adapt.improvise.overcome

#59 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:32 AM

Since EW is changing to be focused on PvP more and more, is there a chance to make a practice mode for guilds so everyone has time to test their strategy or prepare for the new member in the team to be ready to fight or training? We only have one EW per week which means we have very less time to do in the match, strategies are made on theory without practice before fighting, newbies get tons of info into their head without seeing what that meant and forgot the stuffs, blabla.

A practice mode is very needed if EW changes to be more competitive and serious. Maybe a limit for the time a guild can enter the practice sjou be set, maybe 1-2 per week? Maybe a ticket to enter the practice mode must be bought also, with gold or fairer - with their guild exp.

Edited by easykill1215, 18 January 2018 - 01:46 AM.

#60 ronald007

ronald007

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:04 AM

I still think that 10 points for killing is very exaggerated
with 5 points it would be fine
to kill other classes that use the healt would be somewhat complicated for other classes
We all know that some classes are superior to others.
the only thing that I ask that this emporia does not become a bs
Take into account what type of class is superior. although you already know what class is top
I do not want to see this week just full mages + summoner
There are several players who have the desire to participate with their favorite class. but remembering that they are immune to other classes are discouraged and opt for the strongest class
It would not be fun to see all the classes in Emporia fighting and not that the guilds sit in only 2 classes
saludos 

#61 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

We all know that some classes are superior to others.

I guess they are not done at all with balancing the classes. So this will come with time.

#62 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

after some testing. with windia farm.

Yes the game seem to hold much longer before slowing down. before it was close to 1 hour and now it's almost double ( talking about the 8 core more pc) But i still found that strange that only Windia map start lagging after doing some. gathering. and not POW in been afk for 5 hours there.  It like doing the gathering thing use the rams/CPU but doesn't clean is  memory after getting to much system data ( item from gathering )   Maybe if it possible to add a Data memory cleaner inside the Code for windia far so he clean all the temp useless info like a canal change or map change do. it would make the windia less aggressive on lower spec pc.

#63 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

The Emporia changes are awesome it makes the EW feel like a guild war. Now we lack class balance so classes others besides Archers and summoners can score actual kills :D 

#64 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

Small ​bug report that the progress of the earned point is not correctly showed, the 250 needed points is scaled to 100, like when we get 2,5 points it only show that the team gets 1 point instead. Intended or bug?

Edited by easykill1215, 20 January 2018 - 01:34 PM.

#65 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

FeedBack on the Emporia changes,

Cores Hp is fine since it gives players a chance back at winning, But the bug where you cant attack core needs to be fixed Since people have to relog if it happens to them in order to attack the core again and players will think they are re-logging for different reasons which is never a good thing. 

Missions and Kill Points seem good, its so easy to get mission points in this type of EW i Saw everyone actually going for their opponent and I personally experienced for myself just how easy it is to get points without kills since you literally get amazing missions back to back consistently.  

People are very difficult to kill in EW if they have Element resistance and good coodination so i think the points for kills is fine, during a match with a stacked guild they were able to survive most of the times in locks and able to escape.  

1 problem i see with the 15 second island timer, I'd even like it to be increased to even 20 seconds but there's 1 flaw with it, If a guild camps a island for 15 seconds and then the other Guild decides to go for their island to attempt to take over, then the guild who has been there for 15 seconds this whole time camping can just hop instantly which means the people chasing and attacking them have to wait ages to go chase them again

It becomes a never ending cycle Attacking Camped Island>People Camping instantly Hop after getting in a few seconds of Misison points>Then the People chasing are having to wait 15 seconds to chase them again>Repeat process.  

At the moment It currently benefits people camping 1 island since the trade off in points will always benefit the people camping more than the ones chasing, to combat this you could have the 15 second CoolDown go away if none of the enemy guild is on a island so this promotes people chasing each-other and fighting instead of camping 1 island the whole EW 

This is my feedback idk what others think but this was extremely fun tbh, props to Popcorn for giving EW some much needed love

Edited by Starkespada1, 20 January 2018 - 08:09 PM.

#66 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:06 AM

Emporia War yesterday was really awesome! It finally is a huge guild war and lasts 15~ minutes.

As it was mentionned above by Kristof3195, now we need more class balance. But that is still making Emporia so much enjoyable compared to what it was before. My guildmates and I had really much fun and all agreed that it was way better this way.

About what Starkespada1 said, what if we put back the 5 seconds cooldown for island hoping but when you're stunned / locked in the air / frozen or under any disabling control you can't change island?

#67 easykill1215

easykill1215

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

FeedBack on the Emporia changes,

Cores Hp is fine since it gives players a chance back at winning, But the bug where you cant attack core needs to be fixed Since people have to relog if it happens to them in order to attack the core again and players will think they are re-logging for different reasons which is never a good thing.

Missions and Kill Points seem good, its so easy to get mission points in this type of EW i Saw everyone actually going for their opponent and I personally experienced for myself just how easy it is to get points without kills since you literally get amazing missions back to back consistently.

People are very difficult to kill in EW if they have Element resistance and good coodination so i think the points for kills is fine, during a match with a stacked guild they were able to survive most of the times in locks and able to escape.

1 problem i see with the 15 second island timer, I'd even like it to be increased to even 20 seconds but there's 1 flaw with it, If a guild camps a island for 15 seconds and then the other Guild decides to go for their island to attempt to take over, then the guild who has been there for 15 seconds this whole time camping can just hop instantly which means the people chasing and attacking them have to wait ages to go chase them again

It becomes a never ending cycle Attacking Camped Island>People Camping instantly Hop after getting in a few seconds of Misison points>Then the People chasing are having to wait 15 seconds to chase them again>Repeat process.

At the moment It currently benefits people camping 1 island since the trade off in points will always benefit the people camping more than the ones chasing, to combat this you could have the 15 second CoolDown go away if none of the enemy guild is on a island so this promotes people chasing each-other and fighting instead of camping 1 island the whole EW

This is my feedback idk what others think but this was extremely fun tbh, props to Popcorn for giving EW some much needed love

I can already find 2 strategies that can work against this kind strategy of "keep changing island once enemy comes" and stop them from doing it

Being strong is one thing but people need to work on strategy too ofc, it's not that hard to go against this

Edited by easykill1215, 21 January 2018 - 12:32 AM.

#68 9695160709113702883

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:04 AM

First of all I wanna give a short feedback to the new Empo System too: 
In my opinion it improved a lot, and provides a lot of fun for every guild (more then just 5 minutes)! It is no longer a only luck based guild fight, and you even get the chance to take back the core attack!
In my opinion it is also fine that a kill gives you 10 points, since it is not that easy to kill an opponent. The implementation of the new surprise-quest system is also a nice thing in my opinion.
Good job Popcorn & the rest of the team!! :p_hi:

___

I can already find 2 strategies that can work against this kind strategy of "keep changing island once enemy comes" and stop them from doing it

Being strong is one thing but people need to work on strategy too ofc, it's not that hard to go against this

I totally agree with your opinion about Starkespada1's post above!
And i wanna add that yesterday this was just the first EW with the new system; lets give it some time, get used to it, and see how the guilds work out some new tactics.

#69 testg

testg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

Amazing amazing update. Everyone agreed that it is so much more fun than previously. I don’t agree with starkspada about cooldown. I think it is good now. I don’t agree with onyzer idea about about can’t hop when cc’ because it just forces you to die.

I hope we can make changes to dragon defense also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users