RESTART Response to the Open Letters - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Response to the Open Letters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Hello,

First, I want to apologize for taking too long to respond. I did not want to just say "were looking into it" but instead have a plan of action ready and waiting to go.

Since the duplication was first reported to us, my team immediately reported it to the studio and went into investigation mode trying to answer two questions:

• What was the extent of the damage?
  • How is it being done

Annnnd... it looks like it is happening again. I have good news and bad news.

Good News First:

• It does not appear to be a corrupt staff member or GM team member engaging in these activities. If they were using the tools they were provided, we would not be seeing the behavior that we see with the unique itemIDs. When a official staff member inserts an item it gains its own unique ID number. These items all share the same ID number which makes them easier to track.

Bad News:

• Due to the way the game stores the inventory data, we cannot view all items at once and check for duplicates. For this who are technical, the entire inventory is stored in a hashed hex that the exes have a hard coded function to translate for the live service. This makes it impossible for us to real-time review all items at once. Currently we can only do so on a per character or account basis.

Late last night, we had a meeting with the Ragnarok Global team regarding this issue. The results were, unfortunately, we currently do not know how the duplication is happening yet however the Global Team has agreed that we need better tools and abilities to fight this menace to Ragnarok Online. They will be providing us with the ability to pretty much audit the entire game at once.

So some time very soon, RESTART will under go a long maintenance. During that maintenance, the server team will unpack the entire inventory, storage, cart, and mail databases and give us locations and unique itemIDs for EVERY single item in the game. From there, we will spend several hours purging every duplicated item in the database and making notes of everything that is removed.

Users who then traded for their items with in-game currency and items will have the chance to be made whole via the ticket system. Please understand that this is extremely drastic measure must be done for the long term health of the server.

In regards to no delay and other cheating issues, both Xealot and Krexus agree that this is an issue that they need to address. We are scheduling for 3 GMs to record WoE and be on hand during this period. I am hoping to get them to talk to you more on that subject later.

#2 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Thanks

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Still no mention of warm cat muffler in box, the struggle continues

This is of the up most importance for longevity of looking cute while afk in town or leveling

Edited by Spoon, 06 February 2018 - 11:46 AM.

#4 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

You realise that by announcing you'll record WoE, people won't use their cheats, right?

#5 ArmoNz

ArmoNz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA
  • Server:Odin (Re:Start)

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Aegis doesn't store items like that...

#6 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:48 AM

You realise that by announcing you'll record WoE, people won't use their cheats, right?

Like they're gonna do that more than one week total, just like bot hunting.

Only done as long as the "Ragnarok Global team" watches and then it gets discarded.

#7 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

They key is to have people on during random WoEs, more than one a month, consistently. And making their presence known a few times. Fear is a good motivater to stop it, especially if they catch a few ppl

#8 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:51 AM

You guys took 12 days to take action of illegit items being created...  I thought it would get handled ASAP.

#9 MyOhMyHouse

MyOhMyHouse

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Thanks Campitor. 

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:54 AM

You guys took 12 days to take action of illegit items being created...  I thought it would get handled ASAP.

We spent over a week auditing every GM action on the server. We had to be able to absolutely rule that possibility out.

Aegis doesn't store items like that...

Umm.. yes it does?

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

Like they're gonna do that more than one week total, just like bot hunting.

Only done as long as the "Ragnarok Global team" watches and then it gets discarded.

The bot hunting is still happening.

#12 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Nice, thank you!

Edit: how will you handle the duplication of consumable items like oca/opb/obb?

Edited by Panteperu, 06 February 2018 - 11:59 AM.

#13 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:59 AM

With regards to nodelay (maybe this is something you can take up with the studio) I thought a hard delay was added to certain skills in renewal to prevent this kind of behaviour. If you could add a hard delay to bowling bash and arrow shower 90% of the problem goes away. 

#14 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

I'm pretty sure they added a hard delay on bowling bash on chaos renewal.

#15 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

Camp pls

#16 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

BTW, you might wanna check chaos renewal for illegit items also.

#17 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

The bot hunting is still happening.

I have a feeling this will get removed but it's a legit question.

A particular group, won't use names but the server alrdy knows who it is. Was recently caught blatently using bots and NDL. As well as their leader openly admitting to it and I'm sure many of us have screen shots alrdy of the convo via discord.

What other evidence could u possibly need to take action. And I think we do deserve to know if action will be taken because this was botting and cheating 1 after another plain as day.

#18 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

I have a feeling this will get removed but it's a legit question.

A particular group, won't use names but the server alrdy knows who it is. Was recently caught blatently using bots and NDL. As well as their leader openly admitting to it and I'm sure many of us have screen shots alrdy of the convo via discord.

What other evidence could u possibly need to take action. And I think we do deserve to know if action will be taken because this was botting and cheating 1 after another plain as day.

Do you have the ticket number for me? It should have been handled and if it wasn't then Xealot gets to yell at people.

#19 Alezzia

Alezzia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Once you fix the dupe issue etc. Whats the plan with the zeny inflation this created? The long-term dmg done is already insane. Even in a year the inflation will sitll not have decreased (cause people that quit with billions come back and fuel the market once again)

The only way to solve that and yes as you said, is drastical, woudl be to delete all zeny from the server. Might sound super harsh but the server only only few month old and if i understood right, you want to keep it running for a few years.

Better to do it now before its way too late.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

I have some footage but I haven't processed the video yet, that would take hours .-.

#21 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Do you have the ticket number for me? It should have been handled and if it wasn't then Xealot gets to yell at people.

I asked who submitted the tickets to give u the numbers, and hopefully others who reported it will forward them as well

#22 JbaS

JbaS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

BTW, you might wanna check chaos renewal for illegit items also.

x2 this

#23 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

Pardon me, but I am a bit confused.

So... let's say we were gifted an item or purchased it from a friend without going through the vending market and said item was duplicated? Are we just ass out of 700m+ zeny?

And another thing, you stated we'd be made whole if our items vanished, however.... The Market Has CHANGED!!!! There are items I own that I purchased for 10m that are now worth and being sold for 175m. How can us losing pretty much 155m be considered fair and how on earth do you expect people who made their money from the equipment and costume trade to stick around?!?!

It's complete bs that an item I paid for will vanish and I will be given what it was worth MONTHS AGO, and I won't even be able to repurchase it with the insane inflation!!

Edited by Renaru, 06 February 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#24 jessymeow

jessymeow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

What exactly is being duped.... You would think if all this duping is taking place you would be able to find some damn cards on ragial. There's a shortage of virtually every card aside from the heavily botted maps.

Nice, thank you!

Edit: how will you handle the duplication of consumable items like oca/opb/obb?

That's the problem, they don't appear to be duping things that stick around. Will their item database be able to tell if 100 cards came out of a duped oca or are random item id's generated when oca n such are used?

Edited by jessymeow, 06 February 2018 - 01:03 PM.

#25 KenjoStrife

KenjoStrife

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationLighthalzen.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

You guys planning on adding any shields to the server for NDL or are you guys just gonna adjust the cooldown??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users