RESTART Response to the Open Letters - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Response to the Open Letters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#51 xSnuff

xSnuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

LETS GO WIPE

#52 adorableprincess

adorableprincess

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

the people in woe cheating shouldn't be banned but suspended, and if they continue to do so then heavier discipline shall be added.  ie: not being able to participate in woe -> eventually ban if problems continue.  This is why you guys are not admins/staffs of the game lol.  "HE DID SOMETHING WRONG, BAN HIM."  At this point it's about preservation of the community and trying to minimize the damage.  For all we know 80% of the items have been duped and more than 70% of the populations have become victims.  Now we all have to submit a ticket and wait for months for a reply.  I think there has to be more thinking into removing duped items, but this is not my problem and I don't get paid to think of a solution.  

#53 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

the people in woe cheating shouldn't be banned but suspended, and if they continue to do so then heavier discipline shall be added. ie: not being able to participate in woe -> eventually ban if problems continue. This is why you guys are not admins/staffs of the game lol. "HE DID SOMETHING WRONG, BAN HIM." At this point it's about preservation of the community and trying to minimize the damage. For all we know 80% of the items have been duped and more than 70% of the populations have become victims. Now we all have to submit a ticket and wait for months for a reply. I think there has to be more thinking into removing duped items, but this is not my problem and I don't get paid to think of a solution.

Suspensions don't scare people, a few perma bans do

Edited by Spoon, 06 February 2018 - 02:04 PM.

#54 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

There is no way to police fairly what you are asking in regards to alt accounts in WoE.

We all agree that cheats should be taken care of.

#55 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

Mattxor does not play fair please don't give advice on what the server needs.

#56 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

WIPE WIPE  :heh:

#57 ARTEMI5

ARTEMI5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Server:Poring

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, wipe the server from cheaters  :thx:

:p_laugh:

#58 Dunnow

Dunnow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

<Boop>

Ontopic:

Can't wait to see the actual solution. When's the maint scheduled for?

Edited by VModMango, 06 February 2018 - 03:13 PM.
Booping out the drama/quoted post that was removed

#59 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

<Boop>

Except that the leveling issue caused so many players to quit the game being stuck at 3m/h max at around lv 70 - 85, while players like you are "gosh just make yourself a Knight and leech your character but I won't tell you how and where to though, gosh where are all the parties this server is dead please haste 7th class characters so I can continue my 1 week solo leech leveling session to lv 983687, wtf woe dead no population guys wtf just make yourself a Knight".
In the meantime your monopol granted you a full god item set for each of your leeched characters with a full mvp card set to swap with.

Edited by VModMango, 06 February 2018 - 03:14 PM.
quote removed because quote's post was removed

#60 Dunnow

Dunnow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lemme guess, you try to Level Up in Ant Hell and still use a Heal Clip as Wizard? gj. But if you want to make your exaggeration actually useful, delete that 1 week -_-. If I wanna level a Char to 99 it won't even take 10h, lol

#61 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Hey guys, please keep on topic and don't point fingers. I've had to remove a few posts but left as much as I could intact. If someone is baiting drama, report the post and don't reply to them.

Thanks. <3 I know this topic means a lot to a lot of you, I really do not want to see it closed.

#62 xSnuff

xSnuff

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

The solution for server is WIPE

#63 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

The solution is free costumes.

#64 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:26 PM

I mean, honestly? A few free costumes and a new clean server? I wouldn't say no to that.

Edited by kochanneo, 06 February 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#65 Kuitsu

Kuitsu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

I would like to put my name down in support of the team. The problems facing the server and solutions to them aren't simple, and they don't have much autonomy to handle it. Still, they are doing what they can. Additionally (from what I've seen), they've been more vocal with the community and forthcoming with updates to the situation as of late. I think they know how passionate we are about the game.

At this point, there won't ever be a fix to anything that is both quick and easy. That's the reality we have, so we need to accept it. As far as solutions go, auditing the server for duplicate items and reimbursing loss is an excellent step in the right direction, as it attempts to keep everyone happy. You should not expect to be reimbursed at current market value, unless you became a victim yesterday. The fact that reimbursement is available to the victims is awesome, and I welcome it. I hope I'm not part of the statistic, but if I am, it's nice to know I have some recourse.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't be opposed to an item and/or zeny wipe (except costumes :no1: ). This would solve pretty much everything. Of course, we can't leave people out in the cold. Perhaps after the wipe, each character is issued a full Eden set paired to their level range. 80+ set IV; 60-79 set III; 40-59 set II, 20-39 set I (because these would be used for about 10 minutes between wolves and porcs). Under level 20 can talk to an NPC and be given set I once they reach the level requirement, and all others would upgrade as per usual Eden quest. Just a thought off the top of my head. But, it would need to be done in conjunction with mass bans of botting accounts, otherwise we would just end up back here. 

Edited by Kuitsu, 06 February 2018 - 07:57 PM.

#66 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

The bot hunting is still happening.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

#67 Zenogias

Zenogias

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:23 PM

Although I want the duped items and botted zeny gone, I'm firmly against a server wipe.  Sorry.  I've put time in getting to where I am (even if it pales in comparison to you hardcores :P).  Unless WP can put the time back into my life, that's simply unacceptable.

#68 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

warppotal fails the community again 10/10 

shark_rogue.jpg

#69 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Honestly, I think this server is past the point of being salvageable. I'm not in any sort of way trying to bash the management of this server, but all of the negative situations that have happened here have been handled poorly. Whenever a problem arises, the GM and CM response seems to be "let's just ignore it until we have deliberated for a month to release a statement saying we are aware of the situation." Things need to be addressed (or at least acknowledged) so that the community knows they are being validated. The Ragnarok community is also very passionate about the game, but the management just seems to be agnostic (I think most can agree).

You might as well just create a new server and actively monitor activities that take place. And please listen to your community more closely--it's the reason why most people have quit RE:Start and moved on.

#70 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:33 PM

You might as well just create a new server and actively monitor activities that take place. And please listen to your community more closely--it's the reason why most people have quit RE:Start and moved on.

​I must interject here and remind everyone that it is a minority of players that take the time to post on forums, a very vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless.  I would hesitate to ask staff to make community-wide decisions by a minority of any community.  Also, we all know that the people most likely to post are either very active and social or pissed-off.  Happy, average players don't bother to post.  Major decisions affecting the community shouldn't be made without a concerted effort to get input from the entire community in some form.

#71 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

Stop trying to cheat dude. Wtf. And also, the exp are STILL not changed. So why are you even playing?

Anyway, duping exist? If so, man, this server is pretty doomed. Good luck man. 

Once again, WP's way of punishing legit players for illegal activities.

How the -_- am I supposed to know if my item is a duped item or not? And am I supposed to screenshot all my items so that I can tally them again after you guys do your stupid maintenance?

And what a great way to proceed with the maintenance, telling everyone exactly how you are going to check each account and thus giving the duplicators time to get rid of their dupes, while those who unknowingly bought the dupes have to pay the price and have them deleted. God know what items have been duped. Way to go WP.

You guys better have a better way to share whose character / account has been affected. This -_- is RIDICULOUS

Edited by rhexis, 06 February 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#72 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Conspiracy Theory:

This is all just a ploy for them to kill the server so we all migrate to Ragnarok: Zero when it comes out.

I dun cracked de code

#73 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:44 PM

​I must interject here and remind everyone that it is a minority of players that take the time to post on forums, a very vocal minority, but a minority nonetheless.  I would hesitate to ask staff to make community-wide decisions by a minority of any community.  Also, we all know that the people most likely to post are either very active and social or pissed-off.  Happy, average players don't bother to post.  Major decisions affecting the community shouldn't be made without a concerted effort to get input from the entire community in some form.

"Happy, average players" also usually play without subscriptions and also do not use very many cash shop items. At the same time, they complain in game about not being 99 while they auto attack Porcellios for the 2 hours they might play each day. You're also forgetting a majority of the population are vend slaves and bots.

Your post doesn't really make much sense.

#74 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:46 PM

Stop trying to cheat dude. Wtf. And also, the exp are STILL not changed. So why are you even playing?

Anyway, duping exist? If so, man, this server is pretty doomed. Good luck man. 

Once again, WP's way of punishing legit players for illegal activities.

How the -_- am I supposed to know if my item is a duped item or not? And am I supposed to screenshot all my items so that I can tally them again after you guys do your stupid maintenance?

And what a great way to proceed with the maintenance, telling everyone exactly how you are going to check each account and thus giving the duplicators time to get rid of their dupes, while those who unknowingly bought the dupes have to pay the price and have them deleted. God know what items have been duped. Way to go WP.

You guys better have a better way to share whose character / account has been affected. This -_- is RIDICULOUS

The items they are referring to are ones listed on RMT websites. A lot of the items listed aren't even possible to obtain, such as: Dracula, GTB, and Tao Gunka cards.

#75 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:47 PM

And what will keep the server from going back that way the next day after this salvation maintenance?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users