How to tackling inflation in market? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to tackling inflation in market?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#1 Rikhay_Lucabis

Rikhay_Lucabis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:03 PM

Given the importance of overcoming the problem of inflation, it needs serious handling in the process.
To overcome this, the first thing to do is to know the cause of inflation to overcome it can be known.

That inflation is not only related to the amount of money in circulation, but also related to the amount of goods available in the community. :rice: 
Therefore, to overcome the problem of inflation required the right policy. :p_hi:

So how to reduce the price market, we need a solution that can end this over price. :sob: 

#2 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

a price is a price ;)

#3 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

you are basically asking goldman & JPM to ask trump to launch gold standard...

#4 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

All the GMs can do is to regulate the bots that generate insane amounts of zeny and add a worthwhile zeny sink to the game.

#5 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

All the GMs can do is to regulate the bots that generate insane amounts of zeny and add a worthwhile zeny sink to the game.

But I'm pretty sure bots weren't the cause of the sudden inflation at the start of 2018. Unless of course there was as sudden increase of bot activity. 

Most plausible theory is that there's been an increasing number of people who quit for the past 2 months while "giving" away their zeny stocks to other active players. To deflate zeny, we either need a sudden surge of new players or a huuuuge zeny sink everybody will be enticed to participate in.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:21 AM

Or tax 2% zeny on every character in server every month.

#7 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:46 AM

RO has been stable since the last duping, people has long forgot the history and think it is safe to preserve their purchase power in zeny.  Many people accumulate zeny and keep it since no serious inflation around.  BUT BUT BUT since the sudden lack of WPE seller, the balance change, before people willing to open their wallet, they dump zeny to buy cash shop from those still willing to sell WPE.  this is why you see inflation pop up out of no where.

This is a mini modle of people doing bank up once 40-70 years on fiar currency. enjoy it

#8 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:51 AM

Use a currency that is not affected by zeny but is the other way around- WPE.

Or do not participate on the market at all.

#9 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

simply put, why are prices increasing anyway?

taking a look at mob scarf

price when in ocp = 1.7b ish (used to be)

price when not in ocp = 2b ish (might be along the following months after release)

during the days it wasn't released, mob had quite the jump of up to 3b. why is that? take the other thread of pro hoarding to block the flow of usage, then take the info that the only way price will decrease regardless of how many of said gear in supply is when it is available

a nice simulation of this is looking at gum sellers the first week groove boxes were in firesale. sellers didnt wanna lose the chance to grab that precious bounty of pricing the item at 10m, so regardless if it's in box, they know their power to sell is higher. the only problem to that was if people had chosen to buy their goods if it is available in kp. i at the time bought in kp instead, since i wanted some gums for myself without dealing with them

i believe the ocp remix is a proper solution at the moment. it is a means of supporting the game as well as still providing needs, thats all wp can do since they are not a governing body for our marketplace to listen to. the market wants to sturdy their stance, then i guess providing needs in kp is better than dealing with this pseudo inflation

for the solution if bots really are the main cause, sure some zeny sinks. but to actually move the prices is a different thing

Edited by DarkOrinus, 25 February 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#10 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:21 AM

because the only items worthwhile these days come out of boxes while we are stuck with the same 10 trash-areas from lvl 100-175 which of 90% drop nothing with value. More areas, more choices where to level, and goddamn give us items that are good in these areas, esp 150+ as those areas arent botted (as much).

#11 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

They should do in Renewal what they did in RE:Start which is a silvervine system to buy cash shop items

#12 roromi

roromi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

Put to Eden Merry Badger items that are being botted, Ori/Yggseed/Yggberry

#13 ssdaryl

ssdaryl

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

Need zeny sink, otherwise the amount of zeny in the server just keeps on increasing with or without bots

^ Sell those in some NPC instead.

#14 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:49 AM

not all items are inflating together at the same rate. Some items become cheap or stay the same. The key to inflation, as with real life, is to inflate together with goods that are valuable. That will be businesses stocks owning goods that people need/want a lot in real life, and in RO's case, that will generally be worthwhile OCP items and certain cash shop items such as FAW, HBP etc. For non-cash shop items, you can clearly see anything that isnt likely to be replaced still having high prices while easy to acquire consumables are getting cheaper. EG: abusive getting more expensive, while WOE investment items never inflate in price as long as they can have ready supply.

#15 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:56 AM

true enough we can inflate goods that are non-cash shop items. but who's to say cash shop item sellers would also increase since they would claim that the counterpart has increased?

it's a greedy game we play hugu :(

#16 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

Easiest way is Zeny sink...donate 100-500m each time for a chance at a random ocp remix item lol

That way Zeny value would go up and item value would go down..inflation fixed wahahaha

Edited by yauhoilun, 25 February 2018 - 09:26 AM.

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

a lot of ppl left RO from late 2017~early2018, aka the ded ded death of anything resembling a woe scene.

i'll let you figure yourself what happened.

#18 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

The only big thing that happened in late 2017 was Animosity quit WoE. Happy enjoying PvM now  :heh:

#19 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:29 AM

people think that there are still others willing to buy a mob scarf for an absurd amount but the truth is that those that actually care for the item probably already have one and those who doesnt will never even bother if the price is that high, seeing that player population is going down you're simply dealing with the same people that are also selling mob scarf therefore no one sells it or the only ones who buys it is cause they think its a good investment ¬¬' hoarding items to sell to no one isn't a good investment i'll tell you that.

Edited by vividort, 25 February 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#20 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

The only big thing that happened in late 2017 was Animosity quit WoE. Happy enjoying PvM now  :heh:

They're just in a differently named guild.

Edited by ShoLin, 25 February 2018 - 02:32 PM.

#21 KingPoring86

KingPoring86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationPoring Island
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

The lack of firesale / lots of low ballers / there no the real price tag for that item 

Anyway i notice lagial website  ...

If that item hasnt been vend for 2 or 3 days ?  the price will overwrite back to 0% thus making this looks like the original price

Any new vendor/hoarder can make a new price for that item ... (depending on how rare or how useful that item is)

Just because one or two vendor decide to vend that stuff for 1b doesn't prove people who actually bought that op item ..

And also players who buy and sell (will only make that item even more expensive) Noob buyer and greedy seller also a play a huge role in this game ... 

In the end , you and yourself have to decide if that item worth the zeny or not .... 

Many people dual alt nowdays , (some of the buyer or seller doesnt even reply back at eden hall) 

Making me question myself is that the real price range or .... someone trying to fake it ...

Even if you try open up a chatroom there ? suddenly the price of that item you looking for ? Will sky rocket again ... 

This is where the hoarder start appearing all over the place hahahaa ... 

Anyway i think firesale will help out those new player and prevent more over price item ..
At least there a chance for those who miss out the previous ocp box too ... 

Edited by KingPoring86, 25 February 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#22 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

a lot of ppl left RO from late 2017~early2018, aka the ded ded death of anything resembling a woe scene.

This is the main reason  :no1:

Less people means higher prices. Two or Three years ago consumables in a lucky/groovy box would drive the price down to 5-7mil range. They put x3BM's in almost every box and they are still 10mil or more each(avg about 11mil right now). My favorite item Bloody Branches are just too expensive to pop. Then add in the fact that the "S" tier item in the new boxes is very hard to get(probably cost on average $50 to $100 to get out of a box unless you get lucky), the prices will obviously be very high. 

The really sad thing for me at least is the higher prices make me play less. I am a PvM player that was addicted to popping BB's. Cheaper BB's meant I logged in more. I also spent more money on gears and other things. Logging in to pop BB's motivated me to do other things more often also. I would run ET more often. Kill MvP's in natural spawn area's more often. In turn I would spend more money on gum, blue pots, med/small life potions, vip, ect....

Edited by DarkDan, 25 February 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#23 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Can be easily answered by a first grader!  :pif: 

They GREW UP already!

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:35 PM

wrong :v