How to tackling inflation in market? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How to tackling inflation in market?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#26 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

This is the main reason  :no1:

Less people means higher prices. Two or Three years ago consumables in a lucky/groovy box would drive the price down to 5-7mil range. They put x3BM's in almost every box and they are still 10mil or more each(avg about 11mil right now). My favorite item Bloody Branches are just too expensive to pop. Then add in the fact that the "S" tier item in the new boxes is very hard to get(probably cost on average $50 to $100 to get out of a box unless you get lucky), the prices will obviously be very high. 

The really sad thing for me at least is the higher prices make me play less. I am a PvM player that was addicted to popping BB's. Cheaper BB's meant I logged in more. I also spent more money on gears and other things. Logging in to pop BB's motivated me to do other things more often also. I would run ET more often. Kill MvP's in natural spawn area's more often. In turn I would spend more money on gum, blue pots, med/small life potions, vip, ect....

ive burned 180$ on tengu set box and neither got scroll nor mask and another 200 on mob and didnt get it either. You can seriously burn money on s-tier items and not even get it. on top of that they put tra-_-ems in these boxes who are best used as boxter material, but I didnt get the items I wanted from that either, and it were quite some boxes I got out of those 2 OCPs.

Since then I stopd investing in iRO, used 100$ now for OCP remix and will probably stay at that, OCP is not for people like me who arent particulary lucky in games. (had to invest almost 100$ for halloween box some years ago to get 1 FAW, it wasnt just those 2 OCPs. same with some box later that had KBC in it, 120 bucks not a card.)

//edit: while I write that maybe some people who were annoyed by my complaining towards WP understand why Im so pissed about this company. Sure some people are lucky and get 3 mobs out of 10 OCP remix boxes, Im the guy that buys 50 boxes and gets 2, and I was happy as -_- about it. But so many boxes in the past were just big money sinks to me with little benefit, and it hurts someone who joined iRO in the past 5 years.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 25 February 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#27 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ROM

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:35 PM

... yet another thread about inflation on Renewal... I'll just leave my thoughts here:

In my opinion, the amount of zeny in the market hasn't changed much, what happened is that the zeny distribution changed: the arrival of 16.1 robes allowed all f2players (like me) to get 1b (in the beginning) after just 1 month or so of farming.

Thus, 50b of the 1,000b that were in the hands of few whales/long time vets are now distributed among a bunch of thirsty players (like me :rice: ) who have never had a single item worth more than 100m. 

Now, you can imagine what happens when these bunch of players want to buy their first FAW or something like that...

But this is just my theory, since there are a lot of other reasons already mentioned before. 

This can be a reason as to why zeny sinkers like raffler have little to no effect. (I wouldn't spend a month of farming just to maybe have a tiny little chance to get an item worth 500m, while there are other things to buy :hmm: )

Edited by Asmrow, 25 February 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#28 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

so we can say sellers are taking advantage of this thirst we speak of?

#29 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

simply, population keeps going down mean less people paying

reason why inflation didn't happen badly in the past cause there so many supplies back then

at current game now, there's certainly huge demand on certain item like consumable and cash shop item but less supplies

hoarder make situation worse, they grab every cheap item on market and sell it on ridicoulos price on few months later. they freely manipulate market now

current state is richer became rich, poor people just decice to quit and play other game  :heh:

#30 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

I wouldn't say taking advantage, but it's only natural that a supplier of some item, seeing that it is selling fast, tries to increase the price of said item.

I would mention supply and demand, but I don't know economics, so meh. But if people keep buying your item when you overprice it for a bit, you only feel encouraged to push the price a bit further, don't you?

#31 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:44 PM

OP's atrocious ass English makes my head hurt.

Anyway, all of you scrubs are wrong.

Think of the market like a fat man, and zeny as the burgers he shoves in his mouth. If the speed of which he ingests calories is greater than the speed of which he burns them, he balloons out. Same with the market, unless we have a dedicated, and often used, means of completely removing zeny from the server inflation is just going to get worse. Hence why I've been pushing for a real zeny sink for a while now.

#32 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

send back 100m limit vend (for non VIP....OPrice dummy & bait alt will gone)... issue solve  :heh:

want to vend 100m+? then buy your alt a VIP service  :heh:

edit:

WP should take advantage on whale zeny account ppl sometimes.

Edited by Spooky34, 25 February 2018 - 07:15 PM.

#33 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Think of the market like a fat man, and zeny as the burgers he shoves in his mouth. If the speed of which he ingests calories is greater than the speed of which he burns them, he balloons out. Same with the market, unless we have a dedicated, and often used, means of completely removing zeny from the server inflation is just going to get worse. Hence why I've been pushing for a real zeny sink for a while now.

You see... what you said is indeed a problem with RO economy, and it has a role in market inflation.

However, if you think of it as the only reason, the market would steadily inflate, instead of experiencing a sudden surge. Moreover, if as many people are quitting as some believe, it would generate a sort of zeny sink too.

I'm not saying that "you scrub are wrong", but the man getting fatter probably isn't the only reason as to why prices are rising.  :heh:

Edited by Asmrow, 25 February 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#34 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

not like we scrubs haven't been talking about that :) but if there was a zeny sink, would you think people would lower prices that easily? too many things to consider based on everything said

and you're saying these sellers base their pricing on how much zeny there is in the server, i couldn't even begin to quantify

one thing im sure about though is that not many as of the moment can buy in full zeny some fancy mvp cards. they push that with trades that equals to its amount. so we could say assets are in total, the burgers since it's a substitute currency. not zeny itself

delving in deeper, how does he even get fat with these assets? we could say he thinks of himself as fat based on greed. because his/her assets rise in prices the moment items go away

#35 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'm having a hard time thinking what you guys are thinking...

problem of inflation

Inflation? It's more like a self-paranoia.

man getting fatter

Because he's stuck and living in this 2D game. No girlfriend. No real friends. Only burgers and soda.

#36 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

there is a tight circle of players working against all of you with buy and sell stradegies, they are cleaning up and marking up the consumables and hoarding the high refine boss items etc. you will never win against the 3 or 4 people who run that, because they had 10 years on you in that market, everytime you make a good buy, good call, but sometimes your good buy is not good because those people can crush like you a 99% that you are.

#37 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:48 PM

too bad im not in the same union :(

if i do get the intended purpose of ocp remixes correctly, i believe it will contribute to additional risks of buying and selling in the market

#38 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

Moreover, if as many people are quitting as some believe, it would generate a sort of zeny sink too.

You really believe the ppls who seriously quit this game, will just leave peacefully with billions of zeny on their abandoned chars?

:rolleyes:

#39 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

You really believe the ppls who seriously quit this game, will just leave peacefully with billions of zeny on their abandoned chars?

:heh: Before they quit they would Really Make The zeny disappear from their accounts

Edited by yauhoilun, 25 February 2018 - 11:41 PM.

#40 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:08 AM

:heh: Before they quit they would Really Make The zeny disappear from their accounts

Yep. It's quite obvious a lot are "giving away" their zeny stocks and quitting if you know what platform I'm talking about. I'm not an economics major but I'm pretty sure the kind of inflation we're experiencing is mainly due to concentration of zeny to less players and not due to generation of new zeny. 

I've been asking for quite some time what happened around the end of december and start of january where prices suddenly went up. And ash has already mentioned some massive quitting around that time. Makes sense since there were no other incidents that probably generated new zeny into the circulation (the same way inflation in real world happens when you print out a lot of notes and put them into circulation).

#41 Asmrow

Asmrow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:13 AM

To be honest, I do :p_swt: (at least someone with a few billion must have quit this game in a "good" way, right?  :p_err: ). But I get the wish of some who actually spent a good amount of money in the game to "really make their" their zeny disappear.

Either way, on topic, it doesn't change the fact that zeny sinking just partially solve the problem. As DarkOrinus said: a seller will rarely lower the price of something just because "it seems" that there is less money flowing in the market. Maybe if we manage to cut some zeros from the billions available in the server... 

Edited by Asmrow, 26 February 2018 - 01:15 AM.

#42 CHARMander101

CHARMander101

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLittle Root town
  • Playing:RO Valkyrie Uprising
  • Server:Asgard

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Vendors only hoarders will now that ragial has the advantage.
If items like GFSS,OCA,OPB,OBB are farmed supply of this will
soak the RO market with such surplass that prices will plummet to
1 zeny each that is a cholas gold.

#43 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

There's traps. It's just not enough.

No.1 = BIO5 Headgears (hell with enchantments)

No. 2 = Sarrah Earring Enchants

No. 3 = Richard the desocket guy (well he doesn't suck enough it's easy to decard)

No. 4 = KVM Weapons

I'm unsure of a lot of them, since I've never played for a long time.

Pretty much all account bound items that makes you powerful.

If there's no such things as Refine events and all that, I would think that zeny amount will deplete. (Well get broken with the items that requires more than +4)

In my opinion here's what they may do to overcome inflation:

Remove HE gum ( for us not to have an easy shot on every card)

remove refine event ( make us break a huge amount of ocp items so it retains it's value)

remove mad bunny event ( this will make every item over +10 OP but natural, and it's not gonna be an easy route)

remove safe to 7 (good luck on all refining and good bye to your item if it breaks specially the ones that needs it)

add money to the stat reset guy and skill reset like 100m per reset ( i've reset for like 100x already and this will suck my zeny in a huge way)

i dunno what else any suggestions? 

Edited by Doral, 28 February 2018 - 12:39 PM.

#44 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:44 PM

There's traps. It's just not enough.

No.1 = BIO5 Headgears (hell with enchantments)
No. 2 = Sarrah Earring Enchants
No. 3 = Richard the desocket guy (well he doesn't suck enough it's easy to decard)
No. 4 = KVM Weapons

I'm unsure of a lot of them, since I've never played for a long time.

Pretty much all account bound items that makes you powerful.
If there's no such things as Refine events and all that, I would think that zeny amount will deplete. (Well get broken with the items that requires more than +4)

In my opinion here's what they may do to overcome inflation:

remove refine event ( make us break a huge amount of ocp items so it retains it's value)
remove mad bunny event ( this will make every item over +10 OP but natural, and it's not gonna be an easy route)
remove safe to 7 (good luck on all refining and good bye to your item if it breaks specially the ones that needs it)
add money to the stat reset guy and skill reset like 100m per reset ( i've reset for like 100x already and this will suck my zeny in a huge way)

Yeah so whoever starts the game now will be -_-

#45 Fayti

Fayti

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:50 PM

Or tax 2% zeny on every character in server every month.

Or if they wanted to take a whack at it for a week (Just to dummy the market). By percentage knock out X Zeny from each character. If they are over 1b take 90% Under 1b but above 750m take 75%, Under 750 but above 500 take 50% of the Zeny. This would more evenly distribute Zeny on the market and force a re-balance of items in distribution. I remember when MVP cards were damn near impossible to get and worth upwards of 2b. Then sever merges happened and well... that was ages ago and before 3rd class.

#46 thesifer

thesifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

Or if they wanted to take a whack at it for a week (Just to dummy the market). By percentage knock out X Zeny from each character. If they are over 1b take 90% Under 1b but above 750m take 75%, Under 750 but above 500 take 50% of the Zeny. This would more evenly distribute Zeny on the market and force a re-balance of items in distribution. I remember when MVP cards were damn near impossible to get and worth upwards of 2b. Then sever merges happened and well... that was ages ago and before 3rd class.

And there are tons of new accounts + chars.  :heh:

#47 diikhlaskan

diikhlaskan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationJakarta, Indonesia, Payon City

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

gm needs to keep releasing overpriced item into box.

thats one way

#48 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

gm needs to keep releasing overpriced item into box.

thats one way

zeny doesn't deplete that way unless you buy ocp from an NPC with cash shop points and ZENY to begin with

refer to what clickclickclick said. it makes a lot of sense.

or simply put the server as a piggy bank without a way to get funds but to break it.

how will you take away the server zeny amount if you won't break the piggy bank?

otherwise, how can you remove billions of zennies if there's nothing worth it to buy from an npc that's worth 1b? so the server gets the money and not the other person whoever you bought it from

#49 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Let's remove any means of increasing the drop rate, thus lowering the number of items on the market, driving demand, and therefore price, higher.

Let's increase the difficulty of refining items so that instead of supply exceeding demand and the price falling, the items already upgraded become even more expensive.

Let's punish the very newbies you're half-assedly trying to use as a means of justifying your needless complaining.

Take your drama back to Facebook?

Edited by ClickClickClick, 28 February 2018 - 01:53 PM.

#50 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

if iRO stops to make refine events they might as well close the server right now lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users