April Fools' is coming
Prepare your jokes!
An event full of fun
For all you folks!
Welcome to the Joke and Tell Creative Contest!
Your challenge is to make our judges: the WarpPortal Staff laugh out loud with your clever or funny jokes!
Please read the rules below and the FAQ section found at the end of this post to avoid disqualification and misunderstandings.
Open to all RO1 and RE:START players! (Odin, Thor, Chaos, Loki)
- Create a Ragnarok Online-themed joke (no more than 100 words).
- You must also provide an explanation of the joke under a spoiler tag.
- First come, first serve!
- Must be your own original idea and work!
- Strictly no insulting, defaming, bullying, passive-aggressive, direct personal jokes towards another player, guild, the game and anyone in the community. This will lead to an immediate disqualification and suspension from submitting again.
- All entries must be rated PG-13. No excessive violence, strong language, or NSFW content will be permitted.
- One joke per participant. Anyone caught submitting multiple entries under multiple accounts will be disqualified.
- No post-reserving please.
- No derailing. If you have any issues with another person's entry, please PM either CMAstra or myself about it in private.
Wednesday March 28, 2018 11:59:59 PM DST
How to Enter:
Fill out the following form and post your joke along with its explanation under a spoiler tag.
Jokes are NOT ALLOWED to have IMAGES, LINKS.
Explanations are ALLOWED to have IMAGES but NOT ALLOWED to have LINKS. MUST BE UNDER SPOILER.
Character Name: __________
Why didn't the chicken cross the road?
Because it was Picky.
6 winners selected by the WarpPortal Staff will be awarded with a unique custom Achievement Title:
Why is there no participation prize?
Recently participation prizes have become a distraction that has taken away from the quality of the events that we've been able to run. Due to this, we have decided to experiment with different event and prize reward formats to find one that meshes will with the Ragnarok Community. Not all participation prizes (or lack thereof) will be the same across every contest we hold.
Why do we have to explain our jokes? That ruins the fun of it.
It is basically for the sake of understanding. And if the humor behind the joke is understood, then it is qualified as a joke!
How do I make a spoiler tag?
Do upvotes contribute to winning in this contest?
Are we allowed to submit more than one joke?
Can we change our joke before the deadline?
Yes, you can edit the joke or the explanation or change it completely but you can only do this before the deadline.
Can we have memes as an entry?
Nope. We will keep it old-fashioned and tell jokes through words only!
Why is there a limit of 100 words?
Not all jokes follow the same format of Question and Answer like the shown example. You can do a short scenario joke with a punchline too. For example: "A Poring walks into a bar..." and so on! Remember jokes are meant to be short and sweet and direct!
Credits: Thank you Astra for letting me host again and to everyone who will be participating Thank you Akreis for the artwork. Best of luck!
Edited by dawnte, 04 March 2018 - 03:06 PM.