Acid Bomb Concerns - Closed - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Acid Bomb Concerns - Closed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
250 replies to this topic

#51 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:34 AM

Once again your failure to prepare for an update does not warrant a sacrifice on our part. We have worked very hard to get what we have.

And i never ever envied this hard work, nor will you ever hear me saying that bad preparation is an excuse. In fact you will always hear me defend proper preparation and effort i did empathize this aswell, when people complained about mvps not dropping cards and i am nowhere near anywhere to be a an mvp player, however you will always get an /e11 from me for getting mvp cards, hell even for a violet fear. 

The ladder shouldnt be in the game to be honest until ET is actually there, but whatever. Acid Bomb is however to powerfull, yes you can counter is, yes there are ways to play around this and yes proper preparation helps against it, however other Re:start servers have a nerf for this in play for a really good reason, the dps it dishes out for actually not that much of an effort is to high (Raffler plays a big role in this). 

Seriously i would be actually completly fine with the current acid bomb if it werent for raffler and i am completly fine with Acid + Fixed Cast/Aftercast delay with raffler .

So basicly : enjoy Acid bomb with effort  or enjoy lower Acid Bomb without effort i am much more for the first one than the ladder.

Overall nothing of this has anything to do with spitting in every direction possible, keep your advantage i am fine with it as long as you actually worked for it, but raffler made it way to trivial to be justified.

#52 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

seriously ? I can not stand 1 acid pump with all these gear reduction on the WAR map, does it mean anything? spare me please

I mean, if you're a high priest... Did you not skill pneuma or something?

#53 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:37 AM

Means you weren't supposed to be targeted in first place. If they can target you, you're doing all wrong.

Do you want me to throw it out of the castle? I die going to group with my clan when a Bio used 1 acid bomb and killed me and you think it's SUPER NORMAL?

#54 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

seriously ? I can not stand 1 acid pump with all these gear reduction on the WAR map, does it mean anything? spare me please

Ohhh okay you think you're a tank class. Got it.

#55 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

And i never ever envied this hard work, nor will you ever hear me saying that bad preparation is an excuse. In fact you will always hear me defend proper preparation and effort i did empathize this aswell, when people complained about mvps not dropping cards and i am nowhere near anywhere to be a an mvp player, however you will always get an /e11 from me for getting mvp cards, hell even for a violet fear. 

The ladder shouldnt be in the game to be honest until ET is actually there, but whatever. Acid Bomb is however to powerfull, yes you can counter is, yes there are ways to play around this and yes proper preparation helps against it, however other Re:start servers have a nerf for this in play for a really good reason, the dps it dishes out for actually not that much of an effort is to high (Raffler plays a big role in this). 

Seriously i would be actually completly fine with the current acid bomb if it werent for raffler and i am completly fine with Acid + Fixed Cast/Aftercast delay with raffler .

So basicly : enjoy Acid bomb with effort  or enjoy lower Acid Bomb without effort i am much more for the first one than the ladder.

Overall nothing of this has anything to do with spitting in every direction possible, keep your advantage i am fine with it as long as you actually worked for it, but raffler made it way to trivial to be justified.

Fabric has been removed from the raffle and most people's "stock" has been severely impacted from bio 3. On the issue of ROT and zeny bots, well just like the raffle, these situations exist because of a lack of planning and preparation by production.

#56 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:57 AM

ur never gonna be taken seriously when ur not even complaining about the right class

#57 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

2 rosary(2x alligator card) + +9 silver guard ( horn card) +9 silk robe ( marc card) poopoo hat + +9 amistr bag hiding (raydric card) + +9high fashion sandals (firelock card)+ long mace my class is High Priest and i death from 1 acid bomb :) is that fair?

Inb4 no noxious card and 99 base vit

Edited by Suraborn, 02 April 2018 - 08:00 AM.

#58 Myoe

Myoe

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:00 AM

Inb4 no noxious card and 99 base vit

Don't show the way, let them do their homework :D

#59 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

i wouldnt like it nerfed for the fact that there will be more counters in the future for it hehe. dont wanna ask WP for edits now then take it back later, just saying

about class balance, i recall once people attain class balance where every class can do almost anything as said is more of a quitting experience as well. look at the fall of 3rd classes for people who used to love trans. the legit thing i see for ro is that class balance exists only if all classes have their respective uses. and for me staying that way would be nice enough :)

although i hope and assume that post by camp about 1 sec fixed cast time for acid bomb is in effect @_@

#60 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

all of you *** are just not complaining because they are all equipped with out of season equipment, plus ok is so superior to have 12 bio with 12 + 10HF is super normal and the damage is low, out the thorn staff's, violet fear, veteran sword  all normal equipment that does not bring so many benefits to those who have them.

#61 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

how 2 fix geme, WP: remove vit stat from geme, remove chem from geme, give every1 in geme free 99 trans, let guild leaders dictate geme mechanics, nerf geme, nerf WP. EZ.

#62 Jolen

Jolen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Server:iRO

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Just nerf AD already so they can stop complaining its not like its going to help them anyways lol

#63 joelita

joelita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Just nerf AD already so they can stop complaining its not like its going to help them anyways lol

thanks for agreeing more wait a bit ... you also have to remove items that do not have drop in monsters either. <. will advance nothing being nerf that will use 1 acid bomb and will kill with 1 anyway.

#64 XelithNet17

XelithNet17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

all of you *** are just not complaining because they are all equipped with out of season equipment, plus ok is so superior to have 12 bio with 12 + 10HF is super normal and the damage is low, out the thorn staff's, violet fear, veteran sword  all normal equipment that does not bring so many benefits to those who have them.

Can you PLEASE tell me who has all this equipment? Like player names? Or are you just refusing to take responsibility for your own game play?

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

I'm going to make a suggestion on how Acid bomb should be handled. It's going to be crazy.

Staff, make characters and test it. This is what you need to do.

You need to make a knight with 100 total  vit, and gear it with an immune, 2 rosaries with alligator card, a poo hat and a thara guard.

you need to make a biochemist with 80 str and around 76 int. The weapon you want to use is a +10 3 archer skel carded elemental sword or a hurricane fury

The conditions for the test should be as follows. 

No pnuema - you can't pnuema on an ME during a gvg, so anyone saying "deal with it with pnuema" is only talking about small scale scrappy fights. Magic damage is dangerous and therefore pneuma is usually not an option.

Magic strings - make a bard with 99 base int and 99 base dex. 

Try to outpot the damage with ranked slims. 

Take note of how much damage one single acid bomb does, realize that every other class in the game has a lower hp pool. Note that acid bomb in a real setting is not going to be the only source of damage. 

This is where you need to ignore the community and test it for yourself. If you need help knowing how to replicate the gear of average players, or what kind of situations bombers would be hurling damage in, ask.

Edited by Xellie, 02 April 2018 - 09:14 AM.

#66 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

There is a balance patch to reduce damage it’s called kvm and the server will endure these growing pains in woe till more updates of gear and bg comes and the meta transitions again. To the producers stop doing temporary bad fixes woe is a team effort not a solo event and never should be

#67 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

Personally I'd ditch the idea of adding a fixed cast time, consider putting in a variable cast time if you absolutely feel it needs to have a cast time and remove bombing materials from the raffler.

Damage output is fine.

But then again this is my opinion.

Edited by Kiniro, 02 April 2018 - 09:16 AM.

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

Actually if you go to the trouble of testing, please test sinx damage so you can stop justifying the high price of karvo. 

#69 Imidan

Imidan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

I'm going to make a suggestion on how Acid bomb should be handled. It's going to be crazy.

You need to make a knight with 100 total  vit, and gear it with an immune, 2 rosaries with alligator card, a poo hat and a thara guard.

you need to make a biochemist with 80 str and around 76 int. The weapon you want to use is a +10 3 archer skel carded elemental sword or a hurricane fury

No pnuema - you can't pnuema on an ME during a gvg, so anyone saying "deal with it with pnuema" is only talking about small scale scrappy fights. Magic damage is dangerous and therefore pneuma is usually not an option.

Take note of how much damage one single acid bomb does, realize that every other class in the game has a lower hp pool. Note that acid bomb in a real setting is not going to be the only source of damage. 

This is where you need to ignore the community and test it for yourself. If you need help knowing how to replicate the gear of average players, or what kind of situations bombers would be hurling damage in, ask.

I Agree with Xellie. :) if there is really something crazy going on.

but, again, so far, i aint really bothered abt the Bio's. but if it is really that much of an issue, then do as you will. 

#70 iROWorld

iROWorld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

I don't see a issue with Acid Bomb. Like other people have already mentioned. If you are dying to Acid Bomb in a GvG setting then you are either poorly equipped to counter it or are not where you are suppose to be. I play a Chem and the people I kill most are those who rambo or arent where they are suppose to be. If Biochems get nerfd then people will just complain about the next thing killing them. You have to learn to adapt to the meta or it doesn't matter what class gets nerfd or buffed. Everyone has the same options. 

All that has been happening lately is people whining and forcing changes by staff which sometimes even makes things worst like the exp rates and how fast people lvl. The staff at some point has to stop listening to all the whining and noise and start doing their own testing and changes. People will almost always suggest options that benefit them or matches their own beliefs on how things should be.

Edited by iROWorld, 02 April 2018 - 10:11 AM.

#71 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Notification:

If your post is removed by a moderator for really obvious reasons please, do not re-post it.

If you wish to clarify something then PM me about it, let's keep this thread on track!

Thank you.

#72 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

You need to make a knight with 100 total vit, and gear it with an immune, 2 rosaries with alligator card, a poo hat and a thara guard.

+1.

Not that it should need to be said, though - we've literally all been telling WP to have a look at AB for months before trans. Who wants to take bets on whether they did? :P

#73 acofgod

acofgod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

AB really has a very high damage, but
If you nerf the damage, you have to buff the cast
It's simple

#74 Duardop

Duardop

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationProntera West
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

SOOOOO much crying in this thread.

Did you do ANY research? Do you know what gear it takes to get the best damage output on a biochemist? Do you know the current best in slot weapon for DPS? Do you know what cards to put in that weapon? Does your guild know how to properly stack so DD low vit are in the front sac'd and NOT getting picked off by the CRAAAAAAZY ACID BOMB???

I play Sacrifice Paladin in WoE. Let me say this. I've seen 1 vit hwiz get 1 shotted by bomb. However with 1 vit you're not taking that much damage. Just enough to kill the wizard. If you're set up properly to where I can sac this wizard, you will not die and bombs will be wasted on you. Support classes MUST play their role and do it well. This includes blinding mist and pneuma. I have a question...if biochemist are so over powered, why are guilds with the same amount in WoE losing? Because they aren't doing their job. They are leaking out of stack and getting picked off, dispell spammed, and deleted. I suggest the people in this thread complaining about acid bomb watch some videos. Do some research. Move some classes around. The guilds who are succeeding in WoE spent months and months doing MvPs the rest of the server just COULDN'T do apparently to get the gear and zeny needed to do this. Your failure to prepare does not require a sacrifice of effort on our part. Trans classes were announced many many months ago. How much preparation have you done? How many videos did you watch? Not enough if you need the producers to nerf around your wants and needs.

TL;DR FAILURE TO DO THE RESEARCH AND STUDY THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME DOES NOT WARRANT A NERF.

THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING YOU FROM BOMBING PEOPLE TOO UNLESS YOU FAILED TO PREPARE FOR THIS UPDATE. PERIOD.

You read my mind, nice explanation.

#75 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

+1.

Not that it should need to be said, though - we've literally all been telling WP to have a look at AB for months before trans. Who wants to take bets on whether they did? :P

+1 but it will require work :( even when they were told months in advance...

I remember biochemist were always best dps before this thing called fixed cast.. that's a new thing for me, the fixed cast, but I remember we still had to play strategies for either ME or Pneuma.... so do we really need the fixed cast? Are we really trying to balance overall? Or we all do our inputs bc we want the game as we'd like it? If someone else don't like it our way we yell louder and that automatically make us right?

Is it poss to work on this matter, do tests, observe WoE... and escencially, work..?

Edited by Cyncienta, 02 April 2018 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users