Clash of the Titans 2010 *Postponed* - Page 3 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Clash of the Titans 2010 *Postponed*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#51 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:03 PM

Our original intention was to allow the Union War, Clan War and Dealer/Artisan created potions, even if they were instant pots. This was originally to facilitate any players that may have worked to obtain those items and should be rewarded accordingly.

However, if the majority feels these items should be removed and will make for a more balanced tournament, then, those items can be up for consideration of removal as well. Please reply back with your thoughts.

Also, updated the Restricted list to include the Soccer Ball PET, as, when consumed, it will create the Arua's Blessing or Judy's Blessing. Thank you to Codar for bringing this to my attention.

Were exactly does strategy come into play when your fighting instant pots? Alright stunlocks, but then its just a matter of who stuns the tank first, god forbid any cleric brings along tons of pots on top of his own healing. It would make for far better battles if these pots were not allowed, its even common courtesy in TG to NOT pot when someone is asking for a 1vs1, just equip+skill vs the same. COTT should be no different, UW pots may be earned but looking at their price I cant say its that much of an accomplishment to get them let alone use them.

#52 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

Exactly. Even if they are obtainable in game winning comes down to whoever has more instant heal potions. Food should be fine since they have a cooldown and don't heal hp instantly though.

#53 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Our original intention was to allow the Union War, Clan War and Dealer/Artisan created potions, even if they were instant pots. This was originally to facilitate any players that may have worked to obtain those items and should be rewarded accordingly.

However, if the majority feels these items should be removed and will make for a more balanced tournament, then, those items can be up for consideration of removal as well. Please reply back with your thoughts.

Also, updated the Restricted list to include the Soccer Ball PET, as, when consumed, it will create the Arua's Blessing or Judy's Blessing. Thank you to Codar for bringing this to my attention.

i think neither of those should be allowed and only thing should be allowed are cleric buffs/and normal NPC potions nothing else.

EDIT: Forgot to add no dumb country tshirts spain nl and the other one

Edited by ChickenBucket, 10 August 2010 - 03:21 PM.

#54 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Nab bucket those will be long gone by then.

#55 Codar

Codar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationisrael

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

I kinda agree with the no pots allowed :)
But it all comes down to what the gm's decide.

I hope we have a nice and organized CoTT this year, and good luck for all the teams who signed up.
P.S.:
Kris fails! :(

#56 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Many of those uw/cw potions were ill gotten as several people were never caught. :) Even if you do away with those you still have to worry about other instant pots though like chocolate treats/snowflakes.

#57 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

How about restict all healing items except npc food/vital waters since they are all on the same cooldown, are not instant and have a cooldown themselves.

Also it might be a good idea to put a notice on the patcher about this event, since there are alot of people who don't use the forums and therefor wouldn't even know about it.

Edited by Phish, 10 August 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#58 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Borderlands PSQ

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

and some INGAME announcements!!!!

#59 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

How about restict all healing items except npc food/vital waters since they are all on the same cooldown, are not instant and have a cooldown themselves.

Also it might be a good idea to put a notice on the patcher about this event, since there are alot of people who don't use the forums and therefor wouldn't even know about it.

AGREED, make it so that only burgers and vital r only allowed

#60 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

AGREED, make it so that only burgers and vital r only allowed

Burgers have a separate cooldown I believe.

They should only allow npc food, cleric buffs, artisan crafted HP/MP pots, and artisan crafted buff pots. Everything else should be restricted.

Between event food, red pots, clan war pots and other things there are so many to list. It might just be easier to state what isn't restricted and just say everything else is restricted by default.

And like someone else said about red pots. You guys did put a 1second cooldown on them. But there is some type of bug which still lets you spam 5 or so in a row before the cooldown takes effect. If it weren't for that I think those would be acceptable.

Edited by BrownBear, 11 August 2010 - 11:22 AM.

#61 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

And as previously mentioned, There are other instant foods such as Christmas treats and Halloween foods.....

#62 marwan

marwan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:51 PM

In my opinion all the things u did is fair , but UW pots should be allowed to make it intresting :(
cough *for dexbowman to sign up the COTT * :) or else we wont see him :)

Edited by marwan, 11 August 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#63 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

In my opinion all the things u did is fair , but UW pots should be allowed because I'm farming them like crazy! :)
cough *for dexbowman to sign up the COTT * :( or else we wont see him :)

Posted Image

#64 Badge

Badge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

What if all pots are not allowed, even NPC pots. What do you think?

#65 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

I think NPC food is fine, it doesn't make you invincible at all but its a good way to recover hp between fights (or during it). Since it states there will be random spawns you may not be able to get to your teams cleric right away.

If they just ban all instant recovery items it should be fine. Yes that includes red potions. Cheeseburgers and the summer food can keep you healthy but you won't survive on them alone. I'd be ok if the summer food was restricted too though.

Edited by Phish, 11 August 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#66 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

I think they did a good job restricting most of the things everyone wanted. Some of the old items are very rare at this point and I am not sure they can think about everything to restrict. The list could get very long I guess. As long as the playing field is fairly equal then it should be fine. The pots and food that are ok at this point are obtaiable by all. I just hope it is organized and goes smoothly.

#67 Viceking

Viceking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • LocationCanada Québec
  • Server:Dragonis>Leonis

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

where i can view the vid of last few years ago? thank you for help ;)

#68 JuTaPo

JuTaPo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSomewhere livin it up

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

Can i use 5 of my own characters?

#69 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Location21º 18' N, 157º 51' W

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:34 AM

Tbh, I really think this cott is gonna be a mess again like the last couple of years... I think they should push it back a bit and wait till the class balancing is all done before they start this upcomming cott...

#70 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

If jellies are allowed i won't bother taking part Posted Image

#71 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Jellies are banned.....

#72 Codar

Codar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Locationisrael

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

I would also like to mention that I visited the Junon CF today. and that map suits a Team PvP more than TG.
Just wanted to bring this to your attention when you decide where you will be holding the contest.

#73 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

What happens if somone uses an akram storage coupon while inside and takes out a restricted item? It says if you have the items in your inventory at the time you enter but what about after you are already inside?

#74 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:55 AM

Can i use 5 of my own characters?

If you can handle them all, why not ;)

#75 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

Slight skill adjustments will be made prior to the Clash of the Titans event. Item Restrictions will be posted later today and this is for both the Leonis and Draconis servers.

No red jellies, great, now you just need to ban UW pots because otherwise we can all predict the outcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users