Pls nerf GTB Card! - Page 3 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pls nerf GTB Card!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#51 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Why stop with editing a single player into a Bakonawa? I say edit all the other players to become plants as well  :heh:

#52 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

You know what this topic did, it pissed off the right people. I'm seeing the topic and picking out who owns it and who doesn't, and the people owning it are QQing about people having a problem with it. It doesn't matter how hard it is to get, the card is totally OP for no reason. There should be a drawback to having magic nullified. And people have a right to open topics about something they have an issue with.

More like the ppls who don’t own GTB cards are QQing about people having this card. And there is a drawback, the SP cost is doubled and you can’t be healed by AB, so you are forced to pot more often than otherwise.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 15 May 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#53 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

It's a very specialized card and honestly not that great. Had one and hardly used it. Sold mine 40B. Dispell and EQ sucks, but tokens are dime a dozen. 

Also there's safety wall and pneuma which nullify physical damages. I don't see anyone complaining about those OP skills.  Magic classes are rather OP, since not everybody has access to GTB. 

#54 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:24 PM

It's a very specialized card and honestly not that great. Had one and hardly used it. Sold mine 40B. Dispell and EQ sucks, but tokens are dime a dozen. 

Also there's safety wall and pneuma which nullify physical damages. I don't see anyone complaining about those OP skills.  Magic classes are rather OP, since not everybody has access to GTB. 

Damn bro. That's a 42% discount. I also have both the GTB and Alice shields, but I almost always end up using the Alice shield most of the time. I only wear it to tank Ifrit's earth quake. Orc Lord's quake tickles and other MVP skills don't even hurt.

#55 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:29 PM

40B was already a good price when I sold it. People were selling/buying at 25B.  I dont know why the hype. Bio5 doesn't really need a GTB. 

#56 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

GTB card is like the card my quitting friends in the past got before they did quit.

It's like a coyote controlling a crowd of bunnies

#57 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:43 PM

well..if you nerf the card...then the murderer of his guildmate for GTB ought to be released from cell earlier :heh:

#58 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2743 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:05 AM

trust me ppl from 1.5k down to 500 only hahah

#59 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:04 AM

My DB RK had GTB, insta cast and 100% acd.  He was a unstopable maschine.

Bio5, Bee, Ifrit, etc. was a joke with GTB :heh:

#60 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

My DB RK had GTB, insta cast and 100% acd.  He was a unstopable maschine.

Bio5, Bee, Ifrit, etc. was a joke with GTB :heh:

GTB + NINJA = ninjagod

#61 ENTIDADE

ENTIDADE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

It's very simple, GTB users will defend it like politics defend they're stealing, they know they're wrong, but still trying to convince people they're right. GTB need nerf, that's a fact. Cancel the effect in PvP/WoE, and give AB a magic pneuma LOL. For those who say "its balanced", stop crying about Doram so. You know it's not balanced, accept that.

#62 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:37 AM

so then can i say that the ones that cry against it are the ppl that never tried it/didnt participate in competitive scenarios, and thus they dont know nor accept the many flaws of the card :T

if anything, the card has the most of its power in a few pvm scenarios, not pvp, at all.

#63 Haroichi

Haroichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

Just because you dont have gtb doesnt mean everyone else who have them is wrong, there is no real one way ticket to godly status in ragna

Except angra mainyu and ahura mazda

#64 ENTIDADE

ENTIDADE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

You can say whatever you want. Reverse Onus. 

Fact: GTB nulifies magic, doesn't have a physical counterpart, unbalanced.

Need to be removed, or we need a counterpart. So when people start moaning mages can say: "It's balanced, cause the user will die in one magic hit and blablabla".

#65 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

Without GTB, Mage’s can hit lock and completely disable some classes. We need nerf there hahaha

As a GTB owner, I barely used GTB in WoE. As a killer in WoE, I never complained about Doram.

#66 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

A person takes 70k damage from an attack

If you remove the thara shield, he takes 100k damage, a 42% increase!

Say a person takes 30k bacause thara + 60% demi resist from other items for 90% total

If you remove thara shield, he takes a whopping 120k damage, a 300% increase!

Thara is more broken than GTB imo, especially with people capable reaching 300k damage in woe. But it doesnt make GTB any less broken, its also a very op card

Imo the only nerf GTB truly needs is to not have complete immunity, 85-90% magic resist will do, mainly just so mage class can hit them with something and not be completely helpless against them

Edited by mlmf, 04 July 2018 - 02:55 PM.

#67 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

GTB isnt used for magic damage immunity 99,999% of the time. If you want resistance to damage, of any sort, you just wear more reductions. In WoE/PVP, it is used to avoid Stasis, Dispel, Blood Lust, Maya Card Reflect(Magic Mirror still works) and that's pretty much it.

Edited by Ashuckel, 04 July 2018 - 02:59 PM.

#68 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

GTB isnt used for magic damage immunity 99,999% of the time. If you want resistance to damage, of any sort, you just wear more reductions. In WoE/PVP, it is used to avoid Stasis, Dispel, Blood Lust, Maya Card Reflect(Magic Mirror still works) and that's pretty much it.

My post was mainly to show the downside/risk of wearing a GTB over thara and why losing that 30% is a big deal. Though I still think GTB making magic classes completely helpless against someone with just a single equip slot is too much.

#69 ENTIDADE

ENTIDADE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Do 99% resistance or wathever, at least mages can dispell, white imprison, earth strain divest, etc... Some ways to be usefull against GTB targets, anyways, with new illusion stuff, some players will have 90-100% ranged reduction (if they don't nerf it, warpportal love physical classes). Lets see if the Ranged dudes like to be nulified.

#70 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

So basically what I read:

I spent 5b on WL gears to cry over to someone that spent 80b+ for that.

Seems legit.

#71 ENTIDADE

ENTIDADE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

You need glasses to read better bro, try again with more focus.

#72 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

So basically what I read:

I spent 5b on WL gears to cry over to someone that spent 80b+ for that.

Seems legit.

And if a WL spent 100+b for mvp cards, can you say the same thing?

If there was a card that gave 100% physical immunity, people will sell them for over 150b(probably even more) and people will buy it without hesitation. And an even bigger population will demand to nerf it.

Im actually interested how the new 100% renged physical immunity set plays out. I wonder how suras, ranger, and doram mains would react. Or if it will be nerfed before release because ranged immunity is too broken lol

Edited by mlmf, 12 July 2018 - 02:49 PM.

#73 ENTIDADE

ENTIDADE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Unfortunately Suras won't be affected bro... GoH can't be reduced by ranged stuff, GoH formula is pretty abusive... But Doram/DragonRk/Ranger will have some issues with that.

#74 Hogbae

Hogbae

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1247 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

And if a WL spent 100+b for mvp cards, can you say the same thing?

If there was a card that gave 100% physical immunity, people will sell them for over 150b(probably even more) and people will buy it without hesitation. And an even bigger population will demand to nerf it.

Im actually interested how the new 100% renged physical immunity set plays out. I wonder how suras, ranger, and doram mains would react. Or if it will be nerfed before release because ranged immunity is too broken lol

Then I'd say bad investment, lol.

I don't mind the 100% ranged immunity tbh... But Suras still won't be affected.

#75 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Then I'd say bad investment, lol.

I don't mind the 100% ranged immunity tbh... But Suras still won't be affected.

RG also wont be affected and magic users too. This is like Dorams topic. People seem to want to have one universal set to tank everything. I find that very boring to be honest.

I dont mind 100% magic block or 100% ranged redux. We still need 100% meele redux. Though high reflex can be a substitute because it makes some people hesitant to attack you rolf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users