Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 11 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#251 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:57 AM

https://www.mmorpg.c...25th-1000048233

#252 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:05 AM

Please keep the postings and concerns within terms of service update, attempted derail and passive-aggressive postings made towards in-game individuals are not welcome.
Many of us ragnarokians are stressed out, so please don't make it worse.

I think there will be some* official announcements later in the day or tomorrow.

Regards

I also do hope so.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 30 April 2018 - 05:28 AM.

#253 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

Honestly, people are more outraged that your management knew about this law, yet chose to leave Euro players in the dark until the last minute to make profit off them. Who cares about one month worth of refunds? you know well people have been blowing wpe on lucky boxes that you shoved on us for much longer than that. This feels extremely dishonest and it'll damage this server's reputation as a whole. But who cares at this point, every server is falling apart and yet you're not willing to give a solution to save the remaining population. What a bitter end... coming from someone who still likes playing, after a lot of years.

#254 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:25 AM

WP has never forced anyone to buy the boxes. We all know that soon or later iRO will shut down. Should we all stop spending money right here and right now then? Well I stopped supporting WP again when WPE is sold below 750m and let other sellers support WP xD

What WP did was a dick move but that's just totally normal in our life. Greed wins.

#255 Doral

Doral

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

all i can say is. RIP iRO 2003-2018 soon

#256 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

Wonder what vmods r getting blocked out by this...

https://forums.warpp...g-applications/

#257 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:50 AM

It’s just a game.

It has been people's hobby for years. In some cases for 10 to 15 years. People have gone through a lot of changes, while all this time this game was their constant. For the most part people play Ragnarok Online for the amazing community, grindy but rewarding gameplay, and the unique graphical style.
You can't put "it's just a X" as prefix of anything people are that passionate about, without trying to insult them to their face.
Especially in a case like this, where people did nothing wrong and suddenly their hobby is ripped away out of their life.

https://www.google.com/search?q=empath

#258 xiuling87

xiuling87

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

GM still stay silent?

#259 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

It has been people's hobby for years. In some cases for 10 to 15 years. People have gone through a lot of changes, while all this time this game was their constant. For the most part people play Ragnarok Online for the amazing community, grindy but rewarding gameplay, and the unique graphical style.
You can't put "it's just a X" as prefix of anything people are that passionate about, without trying to insult them to their face.
Especially in a case like this, where people did nothing wrong and suddenly their hobby is ripped away out of their life.

https://www.google.com/search?q=empath

I have couple EU friends who already quit and gave me many items. I don’t even log in to play game anymore but I only keep their items as good memories and in case they can return to iRO. Of course I feel bad for them.

#260 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

People play official server cause we think they outlast all those p.servers out there. But right now people are getting worried. 

Who's next? The uncertainty is being compared to playing p.servers where you can get your account closed at any time.

We used to think if we continue to support the server, they can still run from the income derived from us.

Its hard to invest in a game that might close their doors to us anytime soon.

What will WP or Gravity do to regain this trust from the player base?

#261 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Wonder what vmods r getting blocked out by this...

https://forums.warpp...g-applications/

Just noticed that thread too.

Imagine if it's Cinnamon...just getting a "kthxbye" after all the work put into this place...

#262 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

For all the crap cinnamon has been getting; I hope she isn’t getting tossed aside that easily.

Would be stone cold if they did.

#263 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

I don’t worry about that, I am sure much more ppls love and appreciate cinnamon for the time and efforts she put into helping this community. She does take crap fron enraged ppls from time to time but, that’s the nature of this job, and I am sure the appreciation for cinnamon far outweighs the crap she has to deal with. That’s why she stays and helps out so far, isn’t it? If the job is more depressing than rewarding, no one would’ve become a VMod.

#264 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

If the job is more depressing than rewarding, no one would’ve become a VMod.

But being a VMod IS more depressing than rewarding.

#265 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

It’s sad if Cinnamon is getting deported too. Oh well, life moves on :/

#266 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

Back in 2003 there was an issue where user data got hacked due to failed security measures, meaning a list of user login info was leaked. I was playing back then and remember the outcry in Prontera as people logged on to find all their stuff gone. Somehow I kept my stuff but over a decade later it's hard to believe better security measures / data management isn't in place to be able to comply with data protection so I don't have to lose everything.

https://www.gamespot...s/1100-6030496/

#267 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Back in 2003 there was an issue where user data got hacked due to failed security measures, meaning a list of user login info was leaked. I was playing back then and remember the outcry in Prontera as people logged on to find all their stuff gone. Somehow I kept my stuff but over a decade later it's hard to believe better security measures / data management isn't in place to be able to comply with data protection so I don't have to lose everything.

https://www.gamespot...s/1100-6030496/

When even major corporations don't keep up with security, it seems having a lot of money does nothing productive regardless.

#268 HeresNatan

HeresNatan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 988 posts
  • LocationEU banned?
  • Server:Chaos NO MORE

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

1st game coompany shooting down: warpportal

2nd game: monday night combat. "Super Monday Night Combat hasn’t been properly updated in years, and according to Steam Charts it only has only averaged between eight and 20 players a day."https://www.oneangry...r-policy/57450/

Are we only a few players like that? 

Cause I've been researching about GDPR and what I see its like 4 or 5 shut downs. It doesn't look like a chaos in Europe.

More.. why Turkey.. I even not sure if its really europe. thats like intercontinental...

#269 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Is the EU law really the reason why WP is blocking Europeans though?

#270 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

People play official server cause we think they outlast all those p.servers out there. But right now people are getting worried. 

Who's next? The uncertainty is being compared to playing p.servers where you can get your account closed at any time.

We used to think if we continue to support the server, they can still run from the income derived from us.

Its hard to invest in a game that might close their doors to us anytime soon.

What will WP or Gravity do to regain this trust from the player base?

Same thing on my mind right now. What's next after you guys shove EU players under the carpet? Aren't you guys gonna release an official statement to all remaining players to not worry because everything will be okay? :heh:

#271 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

So, CIS countries will still be able to play after 25th May??? If so, WP has clearly been brainwashed by the patriarchy!! Choosing which countries are not going to be banned based on their "CIS privileges" shows that WP has a bigger problem to address than just some random EU regulation! What about gay and transgender people?? Now, even in an old game, they have to bear with this heteronormativity bull-_-???

Warpportal, now you've gone too far!

#272 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Hello everyone, brief update: we are still waiting on management for answers to the questions we've gathered from here and sent to them. The earliest we may see some answers could be Wednesday, unfortunately we won't have anything concrete until then. Thank you for your continued patience.

#273 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

I start pity ppl who are between us (customer) and strategic management,

it's like stand in the middle of storm

Edited by heickelrrx, 30 April 2018 - 05:07 PM.

#274 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:00 PM

What are the chances that WP is selling user info? This seems really invasive yet wasn't mentioned as much.

#275 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

What are the chances that WP is selling user info? This seems really invasive yet wasn't mentioned as much.

Funny how people have been complacent about data usage for over a decade, but suddenly it's important because of the GDPR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users