Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#201 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:55 AM

damn.....i have played since 2008 and since then there has always been part of the community wrongly crying wolf saying "the game is dead/dying", 10 years later lol. I am pretty sure though that this WILL be death blow to iRO. So much for being an international server and wtf with waiting til the last minute to tell us?

#202 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

if they are willing to kill off such a hugh playerbase on a whim, even scamming the -_- out of them, leaving us with this pathetic excuse of an apology, and not responding to anything ever after, its pretty likely they are selling the data. Data is the oil of this century, just because you dont know how your data can be made into money doesnt mean others cant use it, facebook is free and makes billions, and not exclusively with adds. Sure, maybe they only kill off some hundred EUs overall in RO1, but I know there are a -_-ton of EUs on restart, which was introduced after they knew EU is gonna get screwed in 1 1/2 years, and went through with it anyways, leaving no warning at all. With all the other games getting rid of whole EU, its likely to go into the low thousands maybe, althought I have no clue how many EUs play the other games, so its a guess.

US is interested in putting a leash on internet companys that make money off data as well, I wonder what will happen if the US gets a similar law, will WP admit theyve been selling the data to make a little money on the side or will they just close the company? Because without the US, im not sure if they can sustain their business, most likely not. But if they cant do something [Poring] can, they really must have some shady reasons to put no effort into all these people from a solvent continent and not even giving us a proper explanation and some replys in all these rant topics. 

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 April 2018 - 07:16 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed mention of illegal server.

#203 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

I'm honestly surprised any iRO veteran is still shocked by this. The fact that THE PLAYERS are the ones to let iRO know that they've been falling behind in updates says plenty about how "up to date" iRO is concerning anything that affects them and their games.

I don't think any iRO veteran is shocked by this, mostly angry or disappointed. Given how tone deaf WP have been with player's backlash and concern for a long time, and their change of attitude to listen to their users to just sweeping, censoring and silencing their user base for the past years. who can be surprised? Many of the real vets who love this game at it's core, and it's original design and all already stopped playing. I will say, despite Oda isn't perfect, he was more attentive to the community in the start of my gameplay around 2012, and it dwindled. Probably exhausted by keeping up with the users. These days, Campitor and his crew cherry picks which easy post they want to respond to, and ignore majority of the ones coming from veteran players, is where it have been infuriating me for awhile. Just last week a rather mild post by one of my friend got shut down with no explanation, when I pressed for answer, they were super dodgey and annoying as hell to deal with. At the end the answer was just a generic copy pasta "the post is inflammatory" (when it really isn't) and super lazy. How can anyone be surprised this is happening? 

They can keep trying to dodge their players, it became such a bad habit and now they can't dodge this giant shark of a law, they have no idea how to face it properly. Because you can't delete and censor everything just because you don't know how to deal with it. Now they just choose to delete their Europe users, and have to face the massive backlash. Next what? Delete all the backlash?

if they are willing to kill off such a hugh playerbase on a whim, even scamming the -_- out of them, leaving us with this pathetic excuse of an apology, and not responding to anything ever after, its pretty likely they are selling the data. Data is the oil of this century, just because you dont know how your data can be made into money doesnt mean others cant use it, facebook is free and makes billions, and not exclusively with adds. Sure, maybe they only kill off some hundred EUs overall in RO1, but I know there are a -_-ton of EUs on restart, which was introduced after they knew EU is gonna get screwed in 1 1/2 years, and went through with it anyways, leaving no warning at all. With all the other games getting rid of whole EU, its likely to go into the low thousands maybe, althought I have no clue how many EUs play the other games, so its a guess.

US is interested in putting a leash on internet companys that make money off data as well, I wonder what will happen if the US gets a similar law, will WP admit theyve been selling the data to make a little money on the side or will they just close the company? Because without the US, im not sure if they can sustain their business, most likely not. But if they cant do something [Poring] can, they really must have some shady reasons to put no effort into all these people from a solvent continent and not even giving us a proper explanation and some replys in all these rant topics. 

I am one that is never in favor of private servers, they are already breaking the law by running it, so no they aren't necessarily complying with the GDPR either. They are just being cheeky to their users and trying to act like they can do better than officials, and woo players from official over. One of the reason Ragnarok Online suffers a lot of player retention is because of the existence of these private servers competing against them. Supporting a private server does NOT support future content being developed, because they do not give any money to the officials to work on it, and in fact, are stealing content. So I will never support a private server. No matter how crap the official servers are. But I can't blame users for favoring private servers when officials can't run themselves better than private. That's a fact. 

tldr, official server needs need to get their act together and stop trying to put their head in the sand. Listen to your players, even if it is really difficult criticism to take in. We criticize because we DID care about your product, but your service is atrocious. They have no one to blame this time but themselves.

Edited by WarlockFier, 28 April 2018 - 08:02 AM.

#204 mamagochi

mamagochi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:46 AM

^word

#205 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

I played a PvP only pserver for a year and 14 years on officals, euRO and iRO, still I know there are 2 kinds of pservers. Those with < 50 people which die off fast and those which are online for years, and you know why those are a danger to officials? because officials, ESPECIALLY IN THE WEST, give no -_-s. literally 0. just enough to keep the money flowing. Its their own -_- fault if some randoms in their 20s manage to tend better to their community than a multi game company with their big brother from south korea. Good to see tho the censoring machine is running smoothly, so camp you better have an explanation why you started a new server and your OCP scam train shortly after you knew EUs will get removed from the table, and didnt bother to warn us of possible consequences.

Edited by HattoriMasahige, 28 April 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#206 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

The only thing private server would be a 'good' thing is to set an example to officials on how to run a server, and have officials step up and compete against it. WP and Gravity don't care at all. They have no desire to remain competitive, at all. Not even against crummy skeleton crew ran private servers.

#207 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Some players smell blood, and are seriously lowball offering anything remotely valuable being sold.

Be cautious. :p_sick:

#208 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Are you going to be banning players who attempt to bypass your restrictions? I have some shared/guild accounts that I know people from EU have access to and I wish to know if I need to change my passwords.

#209 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Curious, couldn't the GDPR go after pservers as well since they're also dealing with EU data?

#210 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

Curious, couldn't the GDPR go after pservers as well since they're also dealing with EU data?

Yes, they can. But we all know the chances would not be as high because these laws are really about going after giant corporations like Facebook and Google. Small fry will not be able to afford the fine anyways and go bankrupt or whatsoever, so there is no point.

Small bootleg companies weren't their target, though if a user finds out a private server is misusing their information, they can actually pursue a legal action against pservers. So yes pservers do put themselves at stake. Just the chances are low. I mean, look at all the bugged out/ none working OCPs/ kafra shop items that WP sold and nothing happened, aside from just some raging threads and life goes on.

#211 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

In general, the GDPR law does not affect businesses that are under 250 employees, BUT there are certain cases(when dealing with user personal data) where it does. I guess WP falls into this category.

Regards

#212 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:12 PM

Silence disables the ability to use any active skills.

We were here from the start. We were here in the good times, as the game growed. We were here in the very bad times, when the WP site got hacked.
But we won't be here until the bitter end. :p_sad:
Be sure you don't waste too many words on us. Why prepare a farewell event for players who won't be your customers anymore, even if they were customers for a decade and a half.
Why bother having the decency to let everyone know what is going on via e-mail, because you know for a fact not everyone reads the forums or Facebook page. Even better send an e-mail to all accounts affected so there are no surprises on the 25th of May.
To those of you who will survive the 25th of May purge: Enjoy the silence...and think twice.

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone
'Neath the halo of a street lamp
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dared
Disturb the sound of silence

Fools, said I, you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence

Edited by Daray, 28 April 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#213 Makarov009

Makarov009

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationTARDIS, Everywhere and Everywhen

Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

They accurately called this thread FAQ so you can keep asking questions frequently but never get any answers.

#214 VikiBuNNy

VikiBuNNy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:17 AM

I didn't think this was real at the first time I saw this.

But it hit me like a truck now. I spent a lot of money and time on iRO and RE:Start. This isn't funny...
Would it be possible to Transfer our accounts to fRO since this is the EU-RO players base?

Please just don't leave us hanging there.

#215 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

I think The Last Supper painting should be removed from OGH. :heh:

Spoiler

Edited by Sigma1, 29 April 2018 - 12:34 AM.

#216 bonislav

bonislav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts
  • LocationBulgaria
  • Server:iRO[Chaos]

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:13 AM

euRO is heavily under updated. They have partial 14.2. They don't have any OCP gears at all. If you get transferred you will end up with a bunch of naked characters.

Regards

#217 VikiBuNNy

VikiBuNNy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:34 AM

euRO is heavily under updated. They have partial 14.2. They don't have any OCP gears at all. If you get transferred you will end up with a bunch of naked characters.

Regards

At least our characters wouldn't die.
Ofc some gear gets deleted, but I would take that toll tbh.

#218 HunYahiko

HunYahiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

At least our characters wouldn't die.
Ofc some gear gets deleted, but I would take that toll tbh.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I escaped here 2.5 years ago from EuRO. I rather see my account getting banned than playing on EuRO again. (:

#219 VikiBuNNy

VikiBuNNy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:47 AM

You have no idea what you are talking about. I escaped here 2.5 years ago from EuRO. I rather see my account getting banned than playing on EuRO again. (:

I did so too... long ago.
My guild on iRO was like my family back then. But there's no other choice if you wanna keep playing (legally), right?

#220 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:04 AM

[Poring]

I just want to clarify that while it is convenient to say "racist", its plain wrong. WP doesnt want to ditch us because they suddenly hate the EU, we are one of the richest continents so they lose a decent sum of money even if not that many EUs still play RO, considering there are EUs on prob almost every of their games, and they all get kicked. 

I will never forgive this company tho if we are really left with this pathetic excuse of a compensation, you cant compare this to bRO. bRO closed completely, they scammed the -_- out of their community in a similar way than iRO did, but at least people could alltogether call it quits, because the server doesnt exist anymore.

We europeans get kicked out of an existing server when we got sucked dry for the past 2 years with monthly broken OCP item spam + an amount of upgrade events that was absurdly high, I think in 2017 half the year was some kind of upgrade event, maybe a bit less, still ridic combined with the OCP. Then they released OCP remix, still didnt say ANYTHING about whats to come, just thinking about $$$$$$. 

And restart, restart is the biggest fluke of all. It baited so many europeans into dedicating their time and real money into being able to achieve something on an active RO server even if the timezones screw us completly, and they did it AFTER they knew about the law and that they wont do -_- about it, and they didnt warn anyone.

Its not racist, but its on such a low level of humanity that I dont even know a fitting flame for it, its below anything Ive witnissed in 15 years of MMO playing, and even those who arent affected should really think this through, because youre not much different from us to them.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 30 April 2018 - 11:46 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed quote, no longer available.

#221 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

I will never forgive this company tho if we are really left with this pathetic excuse of a compensation, you cant compare this to bRO. bRO closed completely, they scammed the -_- out of their community in a similar way than iRO did, but at least people could alltogether call it quits, because the server doesnt exist anymore.

This isn't related to our situation as European, cos I don't want to talk about this. Just I want to clarify a thing, bRO is still open(I have a friend that play there), maybe you're talking about pRO, I guess.

Edited by Hoshi, 29 April 2018 - 04:15 AM.

#222 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:30 AM

And restart, restart is the biggest fluke of all. It baited so many europeans into dedicating their time and real money into being able to achieve something on an active RO server even if the timezones screw us completly, and they did it AFTER they knew about the law and that they wont do -_- about it, and they didnt warn anyone.

^

#223 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:40 AM

This isn't related to our situation as European, cos I don't want to talk about this. Just I want to clarify a thing, bRO is still open(I have a friend that play there), maybe you're talking about pRO, I guess.

maybe im mixing it up, yes. Ive heard from a server that got spammed with MvP cards and got shut down shortly after without telling the community beforehand. anything to maximize profits because jobs n stuff. 

#224 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

you got 1 point wrong

I wp didn't intentionally abandon EU player, No sane ppl do that they just can't with the new law passed and due to technical modification needed cost too much and they probably had no resource for it

so if they have no resource for it you just want wp to go ahead and break the law, that even worse

I do frustrated with these issues, but it's not surprising, RO player Simply declining and due to it's decline make WP unable to allocate their resource to compiled these damn law. why RO is declining? it's already more than 15 years, what do y expect? 3k online population isn't able to feed the server for such thing even if they want to

it's not that they didn't want to

it's just they can't, and I think they're on so tight budget 

regarding RE, ppl simply get baited, same with other region, The Renewal Hate is Still strong since 2010, and such server is simply what Renewal haters love. it's not just WP, it's same with other SEA region server in sense of RE style server

personally I already foreseen this gonna happen, RE concept is no good, bot and hacktools already far advanced compared in 2004, why does we still play in 2004 content in 2018, make no sense at all

#225 Hoshi

Hoshi

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe Bannedlands

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:26 AM

maybe im mixing it up, yes. Ive heard from a server that got spammed with MvP cards and got shut down shortly after without telling the community beforehand. anything to maximize profits because jobs n stuff. 

Yeah, that was pRO, I assume that you make a mistake cos both the servers were from Level Up! and they have a similar name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users