Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1] - Page 18 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RO1]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
680 replies to this topic

#426 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:09 AM

People are antsy because of lack of updates. Is there any news on when new info would be announced?

Honestly, I wish. We are all waiting.

#427 HighestMonkey14

HighestMonkey14

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:23 AM

What kind of news are we waiting for in case there is no other option for European players except for quitting? There is no hope left, am I right?

#428 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:35 AM

I have, in this difficult time, just decided to create an account on euRO and just test it out. It is the legal way for us Europeans to keep playing RO anyway. 

You're welcome over bro. 

There aren't many people (400~500ish on english server), but those I met are friendly and helpful. Most guilds got their mind set on gaining new members so they are very helpful to iRO refugees. 

Same here as well as a few others that ive seen..

and i also seen many nice people that are helping out others..  

What i did, was found someone who is in the same position on euRO (non eu, gonna get barred from euRO) and we traded items .. that person stuff on euRO for stuff for my stuff on iRO....

But still, its insane that warpportal isnt giving any anwsers to the questions raised in this thread for 2 weeks, the whole have patience and thanks for understanding is taking the piss just now.

I pmed both campitor as astra to ask when they will have responses for the questions.. but not read / ignored.  like they do with this thread.

I bet they can't wait to push the ban hammer button on the 25th and delete these topics about the EU ban from iRO..

and pretend it never happened.

cuz that is so in the Gravity/WP-y way to handle things.

You can say a lot about the euRO server, but at least you can contacta GM directly in discord of the server. Perhaps something for iRO to think about in the future, if there still is any.

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 09 May 2018 - 02:37 AM.

#429 HighestMonkey14

HighestMonkey14

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:42 AM

Your Dutch as well, cool :P. Well if I'd give it a shot on euRO I'll just start all over. I just dump all my stuff south of prontera. 1 hour left guys! Leveling was all the fun to me anyway. Shame I never made it to a char good enough to kill MVPs. Also, I never spent 1$ on WPE, VIP or w/e, I just build it all up in game starting with selling my first jellopy. :P Did not even know about Eden or Bounty Boards until level 90. :P By the looks of it, it must be way worse for you if you bought stuff in game, helped the community way more and probably played longer that I did (since June last year)

Edited by HighestMonkey14, 09 May 2018 - 02:44 AM.

#430 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

Give a shout on Kazoointoit later today in euRO; give you a few mil to start out :)

#431 KerSmack

KerSmack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:37 AM

euRO does a lot of things better than IRO that is 100% for sure yet they are always a lot more behind in patches sadly.

#432 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:40 AM

They are indeed, but they do have ogh for example.. they are adding everything in a more logical way than iRO 

also the translation in english is so much better than here.

#433 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:50 AM

and no bots!  hahahar

#434 HighestMonkey14

HighestMonkey14

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

I just gave away all my gears, cards, zeny and other stuff away in south prontera. Enjoy the game and enjoy life guys, in case I can't access this forum anymore 2 weeks from now.

#435 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:42 AM

Thanks for the giveaway man, and good luck, GBU :p_hi:

#436 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Does communication between Gravity Corp (Korea) and WarpPortal go through regular mail (read: postal services)?
Please consider the possibility of the letter with all of our bundled questions getting lost in the mail.
Might be a good idea to send them a Fax instead! Or if you've got anyone super tech-savy in the office and one of those dial-up modem magicies try this new thing called an electronic-mail (e-mail for shorts) using the interwebs.

How hard is it to get some kind of reply in a 2 week span, as a Community Manager of one (if not the) flagship games in your company?
Even if the reply is "sorry HQ won't give us any reply to the questions we've forwarded, they've told us you're all screwed".

Tip: when handling any situation (especially true with customers / external parties) scale expectations realistically.
Telling us there might be some answers on Wednesday and then not giving us anything for a week (which equals 25% of the time we had left on the server) is so far beyond acceptable my chart doesn't go all that way. Just another estimate of when the answers could be in, anything.

You thank us for our patience, but it is beyond running out.

#437 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

Does communication between Gravity Corp (Korea) and WarpPortal go through regular mail (read: postal services)?
Please consider the possibility of the letter with all of our bundled questions getting lost in the mail.
Might be a good idea to send them a Fax instead! Or if you've got anyone super tech-savy in the office and one of those dial-up modem magicies try this new thing called an electronic-mail (e-mail for shorts) using the interwebs.

How hard is it to get some kind of reply in a 2 week span, as a Community Manager of one (if not the) flagship games in your company?
Even if the reply is "sorry HQ won't give us any reply to the questions we've forwarded, they've told us you're all screwed".

Tip: when handling any situation (especially true with customers / external parties) scale expectations realistically.
Telling us there might be some answers on Wednesday and then not giving us anything for a week (which equals 25% of the time we had left on the server) is so far beyond acceptable my chart doesn't go all that way. Just another estimate of when the answers could be in, anything.

You thank us for our patience, but it is beyond running out.

+1.

Every time you think you can't think worse of Gravity, they pull some other bs and make your opinion go down even lower than you thought possible.

#438 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:38 PM

I think they are ignoring our questions intentionally then just ban away and delete these topics. And basically say nothing of that matter happened.

#439 HighestMonkey14

HighestMonkey14

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:05 PM

Give a shout on Kazoointoit later today in euRO; give you a few mil to start out :)

That sounds nice, thanks. I am not sure though yet whether I will start again. One of first hits on Google on "Ragnarok Europe" is a sad goodbye in 2010 on YouTube. :P Also, I guess in a way I will miss the pretty good gears I did have too much in order to be able to play again while having fun.

Edited by HighestMonkey14, 09 May 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#440 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

So my fellow Europeans, are the refunds being processed?

#441 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

So my fellow Europeans, are the refunds being processed?

Nope, apparently you are supposed to issue refunds yourself from the payment methods website that you used.

They even deleted a thread where they said exactly that in a Ticket probably just to avoid more bad PR for WarpPortal.

Gonna bet 97% of refunds won't happen and they will just keep all of the money.

#442 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:03 PM

Nope, apparently you are supposed to issue refunds yourself from the payment methods website that you used.
They even deleted a thread where they said exactly that in a Ticket probably just to avoid more bad PR for WarpPortal.

So the casual, non-forum player won’t even know about the refunds.

I too bet we will have returning long gone European players posting on the forums why they’ve had their accounts banned. Let’s see if PR will offer their refund, if applicable.

I hope this thread sticks for long and people are able to claim their refund, otherwise keep us informed so we can flame the forum more ;).

#443 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

If I was employed at warpportal Id quit my job instead of dealing with this bull-_-, as every official posting in this forum is saying for years that every -_- that happens has nothing to do with them and its all HQs fault. Trump pumped 700billion into your economy, shouldnt be hard to find a new job no? Would give your higher ups an idea of how much of a swamp this game, and prob a lot of others from WP, have become. 

#444 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

Please do not spread incorrect information. We are seeking clarification on what is exactly happening with the Xsolla refunds due to the unique circumstances behind that payment method. As of the moment of this post credit card and paypal refunds are happening smoothly. as quickly as they can.

Edit

For the sake of transparency I have unhidden that thread and explained whats going on.

#445 HattoriMasahige

HattoriMasahige

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 569 posts
  • LocationIn another game
  • Server:Banned by WarpPortal

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Please do not spread incorrect information. We are seeking clarification on what is exactly happening with the Xsolla refunds due to the unique circumstances behind that payment method. As of the moment of this post credit card and paypal refunds are happening smoothly. as quickly as they can.

PaySafe Card hasnt happened yet as well even tho i do own an account and payed with it as well. 

#446 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:27 AM

Honestly, this is just simply an incompetent company that could not able to upgrade their data security to comply with GDPR that will take effect in May 25. The only thing your company need is to hire a data protection officer (DPO) and let them do their job.

Like most of the posters here, I'm also an EU player, operating in Sweden. I have played this game since 2011 (actually 2004 due to euRO -> iRO transfer) only to find out that we are just being betrayed because of our nationality. Gravity doesn't even value us EU players as "veteran customers" regardless of how much money we spent in this game during the course of the lifetime. 

The main reason why We transferred here from euRO (fRO) to iRO because euRO is indeed the most behind in content updates among the other regional versions of this game (official servers) although it is understandable that euRO supports many languages and thus the cause of lagging behind updates.

P.S. Although i don't play much in this PC version due to existance of mobile version of Ragnarök, it doesn't mean that i completely abandon this game. I still log in mostly just to check the content updates 

Edited by ROAdikMaster, 10 May 2018 - 03:30 AM.

#447 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:48 AM

The only thing your company need is to hire a data protection officer (DPO) and let them do their job.

To be honest they may not even need to do that. I think it's mainly a requirement of very large companies where the primary focus is on tracking users. WarpPortal is unlikely to be such at this point in time, anything less than 250 employees is considered a small company by those enforcing GDPR in the UK. An advice service was offered to small companies last year who "may have less time and money to invest in getting it right and are less likely to have compliance teams, data protection officers or legal experts to advise them what to do."

The guidelines set out 3 areas where a DPO is required and they specify companies where the core focus is large scale surveillance of public data (e.g. CCTV services, social media tracking such as for making targeted ads). Or large government / council type organisations that handle public data. Or ones where criminal records are handled etc. There may be some areas where companies could be unsure whether they fall into a certain bracket, but there had been the option for some time now to simply contact those involved with enforcing it and ask. I'd wager that Gravity and WP falls into none of the brackets, but probably succumbed to scaremongering.

Edited by soudou, 10 May 2018 - 03:55 AM.

#448 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

I don't think it's WP choosing to not upgrade, I think gravity has made the decision (intentional, deliberate, etc.) to funnel people into their regional servers.

Why else would euRO close its servers to non-EU players as well? 

Edited by mildcontempt, 10 May 2018 - 04:44 AM.

#449 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

^read my previous replies to this thread, my friend.

this has nothing to do with the new EU law, but eerything to do with that gravity HQ wants to region lock every official server.

ruRO is coming back this year, aussie/seAsia has an official server for a year now? - still betting they will be next after this EU debacle. 

#450 sickgaming1986

sickgaming1986

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Server:IRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

Today I got the paypal refund from Feb1 to May 2018.

Yes, ticket speed the thing up. - confirmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users